Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No More Apple Bowl?
Mr.Kimball Wrote:To be real honest about it rifle, I seriously doubt that either party mentioned had the say so on any of this. You have a first year coach and a first year (non PHS) principal. I think you realize that the buck is not going to stop with either party.You know as well as anyone that certain people are only put in certain positions to carry out with what they are told to do and be set up as the scapegoats ..

There was once a time when Paintsville's domination in certain programs led to county kids parents wanting to have their kids participate in a superior program. That's kind of just human nature if you want your child to be noticed by someone at the next level. Perhaps the table has turned with this theory and you now find the opposite attraction. JC definately can offer another level of exposure now in football. Also, If you dont have to directly play em, it cant be said beyond a shadow of a doubt that we cant compete with em. I suspect that that is a lot of what the thinking is as well.
It really was. Heck....The contract laid on coach Kinner's desk for weeks. He told me himself that he didn't want to sign ir. He was met with people saying that we had too. But Coac h K is trying to rebuild this tradition rich program. Playing a game that you are gonna get drilled in doesn't help. It is going to take time and real supporters of Coach K will know that and understand that we need to back him and his decision. I know I do. JCHS....we are glad you got your program to where it is. you are nipping at the door now and can work hard and get there. No need in trying to demoralize PHS or anyone from there anymore...work on the bigger picture.
On a couple of side notes: PES has had an elementary team for as long as I dan remember. I was there coach in '01. I had asked the Admin. from JC if we could schedule ele. basketball games with the county schools. I was told that as long as the principals and coaches were ok with it then we could. I talked to every one of them and we scheduled the games. I wanted a 24-30 game schedule and this was going to allow our team to have at least 18 games in Johnson Co. alone! We were excited!
Then I was told by a friend of mine that is in admin. at JC that there was no way we would plaay the games. I said yeah...we already scheduled them. He said they would back out because giving PES those games that they didn't have to travel out of the county to play would help Paintsville kids right? I said well of course. He said that is the reason they would not be played, because it helps kids and families from Paintsville and they won't do it. Guess wahat? We were sceduled to play Cent Ele. in the third game of the season....I was called the day of that game and told that all of the county schools were pulling out! It cut my schedule in half after the season had already started. I guess he was right cause After I scheduled more games for us, we had to travel an average of an hour and a half on school nights with 11-12 year old boys.
I promise that PHS has not pulled away from the Apple Bowl because of the record. And sure PHS won 8 straight once but just about all those games were 2 TDs or less. At least they were competitive.
Another thing I promise is that the sun will come up Oct 1, 2009. Don't worry.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:After that statement , why should your word be trusted for anything. You obviously dont have a clue to what you are talking about.

I bet he didn't even know he was wanting that position.Smile Smile Smile I know him pretty well.

I'll tell some of you guys one thing for sure. Steve Trimble has no hatred in his heart for anyone. He is just not made that way. Never seen a human able to turn the other cheek any more to his adversaries than what he has done during his tenure as super. Heck that was his family member that just passed away that led the Paintsville school sytem all of those years. You obviously dont know the man and know anything at all about what his personal convictions are.

I am reminded of a very noble thing that someone from PHS did after JC won the sectional baseball tournament in '07. They put congrats up on their marquee wishing good luck. That was a very classy thing for someone frm PHS to do. Smile BUT, guess who made someone go out in the middle of the night and take it down and then threaten to those responsible to never ever let something like that happen again? Come on you've got 3 guesses, although you will only need one. Also guess which self proclaimed "classy" member on here threw an absolute fit. You finger pointers never want to talk about stuff like that though , do you?

I WISH YOUR FACTS WERE ACCURATE! BUT, SORRY THEY ARE NOT!!
This might be a GOOD reason that administrators did not ask you for your opinion.

THE ONLY REASON THAT I HAVEN'T BEEN ON THIS THREAD IS THAT I DON'T STOOP TO YOUR LEVEL. YOU MUST LIVE A BORING LIFE! As far as making comments about any certain people REMEMBER what you SHOULD HAVE BEEN TAUGHT, IF YOU CAN'T SAY ANYTHING NICE DON'T SAY ANYTHING AT ALL! This thread is not up to make comments about people that you THINK that you know. You know I was always taught to be a POSITIVE PERSON , I'll pray for you. SORRY EVERYONE ELSE (for getting off the thread)

:Thumbs: CAN'T WAIT FOR 2009 FOOTBALL!!!

ALSO, GOOD LUCK TO HAZARD BULLDOGS AT STATE!!!
Mr.Kimball Wrote:It's ben no worse now than it ever has been. Kids have being kids for 30 years now. Dont you remember when Paintsville players set Coach Musick's car on fire a few years ago and then Paintsville's practice dummies got vandalized? Things have never gotten to that point during the Matney area except when a certain someone got drunk the Sunday before an Apple Bowl game and wanted to confront Matney and attempt to try to intimidate him.. (Major mistake, he found out that wouldn't work). Yeah, there's stinky ones everywhere...lol.

You guys can bring up 52 more silly excuses. The only difference now is that one side is getting their cans kicked, and that's it.

If the county wanted Paintsville closed all they have to do is drop the reciprocal agreement. It would be that easy if that's what they wanted to do. You should think about what you are saying for a moment, before you start repeating what you say you hear.

That was coach humpfreys vehicle they set on fire! he didn't stick around long after that
EagleBoom Wrote:That was coach humpfreys vehicle they set on fire! he didn't stick around long after that
And didn't they find out that it was actually kids from his own school?
classy tiger Wrote:I WISH YOUR FACTS WERE ACCURATE! BUT, SORRY THEY ARE NOT!!
This might be a GOOD reason that administrators did not ask you for your opinion.

THE ONLY REASON THAT I HAVEN'T BEEN ON THIS THREAD IS THAT I DON'T STOOP TO YOUR LEVEL. YOU MUST LIVE A BORING LIFE! As far as making comments about any certain people REMEMBER what you SHOULD HAVE BEEN TAUGHT, IF YOU CAN'T SAY ANYTHING NICE DON'T SAY ANYTHING AT ALL! This thread is not up to make comments about people that you THINK that you know. You know I was always taught to be a POSITIVE PERSON , I'll pray for you. SORRY EVERYONE ELSE (for getting off the thread)

:Thumbs: CAN'T WAIT FOR 2009 FOOTBALL!!!

ALSO, GOOD LUCK TO HAZARD BULLDOGS AT STATE!!!
Well you know honey sometimes the truth is not a pleasant thing for everybody.Smile

You have a gooden and thanks for your concern.
EagleBoom Wrote:That was coach humpfreys vehicle they set on fire! he didn't stick around long after that

Yeah your right. I remembered that after I posted it, but the time had expired to go back and edit. The point was that kids have been being kids long before the Matney era, which is getting all the blame.

I dont think he didn't stay around long because of any Apple Bowl incidents though.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:After that statement , why should your word be trusted for anything. You obviously dont have a clue to what you are talking about.

I bet he didn't even know he was wanting that position.Smile Smile Smile I know him pretty well.

I'll tell some of you guys one thing for sure. Steve Trimble has no hatred in his heart for anyone. He is just not made that way. Never seen a human able to turn the other cheek any more to his adversaries than what he has done during his tenure as super. Heck that was his family member that just passed away that led the Paintsville school sytem all of those years. You obviously dont know the man and know anything at all about what his personal convictions are.

I am reminded of a very noble thing that someone from PHS did after JC won the sectional baseball tournament in '07. They put congrats up on their marquee wishing good luck. That was a very classy thing for someone frm PHS to do. Smile BUT, guess who made someone go out in the middle of the night and take it down and then threaten to those responsible to never ever let something like that happen again? Come on you've got 3 guesses, although you will only need one. Also guess which self proclaimed "classy" member on here threw an absolute fit. You finger pointers never want to talk about stuff like that though , do you?
:thumpsup: Smile Good Post
The Guru Wrote:It really was. Heck....The contract laid on coach Kinner's desk for weeks. He told me himself that he didn't want to sign ir. He was met with people saying that we had too. But Coac h K is trying to rebuild this tradition rich program. Playing a game that you are gonna get drilled in doesn't help. It is going to take time and real supporters of Coach K will know that and understand that we need to back him and his decision. I know I do. JCHS....we are glad you got your program to where it is. you are nipping at the door now and can work hard and get there. No need in trying to demoralize PHS or anyone from there anymore...work on the bigger picture.
On a couple of side notes: PES has had an elementary team for as long as I dan remember. I was there coach in '01. I had asked the Admin. from JC if we could schedule ele. basketball games with the county schools. I was told that as long as the principals and coaches were ok with it then we could. I talked to every one of them and we scheduled the games. I wanted a 24-30 game schedule and this was going to allow our team to have at least 18 games in Johnson Co. alone! We were excited!
Then I was told by a friend of mine that is in admin. at JC that there was no way we would plaay the games. I said yeah...we already scheduled them. He said they would back out because giving PES those games that they didn't have to travel out of the county to play would help Paintsville kids right? I said well of course. He said that is the reason they would not be played, because it helps kids and families from Paintsville and they won't do it. Guess wahat? We were sceduled to play Cent Ele. in the third game of the season....I was called the day of that game and told that all of the county schools were pulling out! It cut my schedule in half after the season had already started. I guess he was right cause After I scheduled more games for us, we had to travel an average of an hour and a half on school nights with 11-12 year old boys.
I promise that PHS has not pulled away from the Apple Bowl because of the record. And sure PHS won 8 straight once but just about all those games were 2 TDs or less. At least they were competitive.
Another thing I promise is that the sun will come up Oct 1, 2009. Don't worry.
Well there are some things I could add to this, but the only thing I might do is get the "classy one" all back in an uproar , so I'll agree to just let it die.Smile
Mr.Kimball Wrote:To be real honest about it rifle, I seriously doubt that either party mentioned had the say so on any of this. You have a first year coach and a first year (non PHS) principal. I think you realize that the buck is not going to stop with either party.You know as well as anyone that certain people are only put in certain positions to carry out with what they are told to do and be set up as the scapegoats ..

There was once a time when Paintsville's domination in certain programs led to county kids parents wanting to have their kids participate in a superior program. That's kind of just human nature if you want your child to be noticed by someone at the next level. Perhaps the table has turned with this theory and you now find the opposite attraction. JC definately can offer another level of exposure now in football. Also, If you dont have to directly play em, it cant be said beyond a shadow of a doubt that we cant compete with em. I suspect that that is a lot of what the thinking is as well.

You're right, someone has to take the blame and these two are the ones that certanly have to sholder it. I'm not convinced it's their doing but if the higher up's won't come out of the closet then they are stuck with the stigma of ending a very good money maker for both schools.
OffTheHook Wrote:JC joining the Conference had nothing to do with Paintsville dropping out. That decision was made right after the final game last year for Paintsville. Looong before JC joined.

I did not mean to say that was the reason they dropped out. I was trying to say that is why we were not playing and not due to the administration. Sorry, that I did not state that better.
OK2NV Wrote:I know this upsets a lot of JC fans and it should but just sit back and let things unfold. JC will benefit from this move in the longs run. What Paintsville don't understand is that with this decsion, they have sent a message to their kids telling them that they are not good enough to compete with JC. The message to their kids will be heard loud and clear. We talking about kids who have fathers, cousins, and brothers who played in this game and won. Now, the message is your not good enough but they were.

If it was Ashland, Prestonsburg, Belfry etc. then it wouldn't be so bad. But this is your rival from across the creek and it's a rival unlike many in the state. Paintsville has cut their nose off despite their face by telling there kids that they are not good enough to play with BIG BROTHER!!! If the people from Johnson County will just sit back and chill out they will benefit from this move. This may be the last gasp of a loser who is fighting for their life with not a lot to look forward to.

Good post! When JC set thier sites higher than beating Paintsville our program turned around. JC's sucess does not depend on the Paintsville School system or town. You are correct, this move only hurts Paintsville and we as JC fans should care less. We have bigger fish to fry.

Panitsville cannot back out of playing JC in basketball or baseball so wonder what they will do when JC dominates these sports?
Mr.Kimball Wrote:...
Do you think Paintsville could survive without it?

This thread has jumped all over the place, so I'll reiterate...this answer refers to the so-called "reciprocity" agreement.

Yes, Paintsville would survive without it. I'll take it another step. Paintsville would survive even if it had NO sports programs. Its academics alone would continue to provide more students than those who live within the city limits.

It's a mistake to think a school's survivability revolves around its athletics.

IMO, the reciprocity agreement is worth no more than the paper it's written on anyway. If the County Board would attempt to enforce mandatory county school attendence for those outside the city limit, it would be in court within a week. And courts do NOT like to limit educational choice when government money isn't involved (Paintsville is NOT a private school).

I think that would be a public relations nightmare in addition to being a money well the Johnson Co. Board would be well-advised to avoid (remember, this wouldn't be the City Board bringing suit, it would be county parents refusing to be bullied).
oneijoe Wrote:This thread has jumped all over the place, so I'll reiterate...this answer refers to the so-called "reciprocity" agreement.

Yes, Paintsville would survive without it. I'll take it another step. Paintsville would survive even if it had NO sports programs. Its academics alone would continue to provide more students than those who live within the city limits.

It's a mistake to think a school's survivability revolves around its athletics.

IMO, the reciprocity agreement is worth no more than the paper it's written on anyway. If the County Board would attempt to enforce mandatory county school attendence for those outside the city limit, it would be in court within a week. And courts do NOT like to limit educational choice when government money isn't involved (Paintsville is NOT a private school).

I think that would be a public relations nightmare in addition to being a money well the Johnson Co. Board would be well-advised to avoid (remember, this wouldn't be the City Board bringing suit, it would be county parents refusing to be bullied).

JC has passed up Paintsville in academics a long time ago so this is not an issue. The Paintsville School system can only be as strong as the financial condition of its district, primarily the city of Paintsville, and that does not look good. Their are not enough monied interest to keep up the sytem and the enrollment will decline. So it is not a question of academics or sports, it is one of money, plain and simple. This thread is about the Apple Bowl and it is about money. The Paintsville School system will not need JC or its staff to fail, it can do so on it own and the decision not to play in the Apple Bowl is the first of many down that road.
MonsterMan Wrote:JC has passed up Paintsville in academics a long time ago so this is not an issue. The Paintsville School system can only be as strong as the financial condition of its district, primarily the city of Paintsville, and that does not look good. Their are not enough monied interest to keep up the sytem and the enrollment will decline. So it is not a question of academics or sports, it is one of money, plain and simple. This thread is about the Apple Bowl and it is about money. The Paintsville School system will not need JC or its staff to fail, it can do so on it own and the decision not to play in the Apple Bowl is the first of many down that road.

Maybe you need to go look at the latest test scores instead of what the Academic Teams have done. There were several schools in front of JC, according to last years scores. Paintsville beeing one of them.
OffTheHook Wrote:Maybe you need to go look at the latest test scores instead of what the Academic Teams have done. There were several schools in front of JC, according to last years scores. Paintsville beeing one of them.

I will take into account the academic teams as they showcase the best a district has to offer. We are better as a district in this area. JC has much more size and ecnomic range to educate and I think their overall score are outstanding considering this aspect! The day when lawyers, doctors and wealthy people sent their kids to Paintaville for acadmeics are over, they go to JC now, more money and facilites.

This thread is about the Apple Bowl. What advantage does Paintsville have that makes it ok to wave the white flag and say we quit? That is what we all would like to know. Will Paintsville people ever admit that JC has passed them in an area or when we do you quit?
Better as a district in academics? I can't let students who get on here misinterpret the facts because some of you simply haven't done your research. As far as academics go, just to clarify Paintsville's academic index was 88.8 while JCHS' was 77.2, all I know is that the score is based on the CATS testing. I also think that PHS was the top in the region. Paintsville's ACT index based on juniors scores was 82 while JCHS' was 74. Those are facts, visit KDE's site to confirm if you like. I know that last years seniors were said to have received some ridiculous amount of scholarship money and that it might have been the most ever. I realize academics are irrelevant to this thread, but the facts need to be stated and PHS is as strong as ever in that area, I think I read the marquee out in front of the school this summer recognizing Paintsville as the 13th ranked district in the state? As far as the financial end goes, do you actually believe that $7000 will make or break a school system? Isn't the gate from that game approximately $14k a year? Don't you think the game would still be played if the money was that big of a factor? I also know of 6 students that have come over to play athletics this season from JCHS, 2 in the last 2 weeks and don't recall that many transferring from PHS to JCHS? Just make sure you do your research before you make ridiculous claims that just aren't true.

I hate to even post on this thread, I am usually only a reader. I will say that of all of the people I have talked to since I heard the news last week agree with ending this game and say that this was long over due.
PvilleTiger Wrote:Better as a district in academics? I can't let students who get on here misinterpret the facts because some of you simply haven't done your research. As far as academics go, just to clarify Paintsville's academic index was 88.8 while JCHS' was 77.2, all I know is that the score is based on the CATS testing. I also think that PHS was the top in the region. Paintsville's ACT index based on juniors scores was 82 while JCHS' was 74. Those are facts, visit KDE's site to confirm if you like. I know that last years seniors were said to have received some ridiculous amount of scholarship money and that it might have been the most ever. I realize academics are irrelevant to this thread, but the facts need to be stated and PHS is as strong as ever in that area, I think I read the marquee out in front of the school this summer recognizing Paintsville as the 13th ranked district in the state? As far as the financial end goes, do you actually believe that $7000 will make or break a school system? Isn't the gate from that game approximately $14k a year? Don't you think the game would still be played if the money was that big of a factor? I also know of 6 students that have come over to play athletics this season from JCHS, 2 in the last 2 weeks and don't recall that many transferring from PHS to JCHS? Just make sure you do your research before you make ridiculous claims that just aren't true.

I hate to even post on this thread, I am usually only a reader. I will say that of all of the people I have talked to since I heard the news last week agree with ending this game and say that this was long over due.

JC academics do not need to be defended! I do not keep up with the transfers, but looks like the ones that went for football have no hurt JC or helped Paintsville. I thought high school kids could not transfer after they started high school. Most kids who are at JC for acadmenics or sports start in the elementary or middle school and do not transfer at the high school level. I think the reason you do not post here is you are new and just added yourself to put out a few quick posts..

This post started by Paintsville quiting the Apple Bowl and we have heard every excuse from the middle school programs to transfers to academics. Paintsville can not except JC has passed them by in football. This willl not be the end, JC is just getting more sound and secure in all their programs, both athletic and academic, than Paintsville.
First off, some poeple on here crack me up. Some of the stuff they come up with is hilarious. Second, what does academics have to do with the Apple Bowl.

Now to the thread topic. I played in the Apple Bowl 4 times, won 2 and lost 2 (shoulda won all 4, one costly mistake both times cost us, but hey, that's football). Personally, I think it's for the best to do away with the game. At heart, I don't wanna see it go. I have been to more JC football games the last 3 years than I have Paintsville, and I didn't go to cheer for the other team, I supported the Eagles. Johnson Central football is becoming a powerhouse in this area, they are fun to watch. They don't benefit one bit by playin Paintsville anymore. JC should be playin teams like Lex Cath in their non-district games, not Paintsville and Hazard. I seen on another thread where JC has Sheldon Clark and Middlesboro on their schedule next year. They have 6 non-district games to work with, they need to be playin better caliber teams than that. Jump up and play a couple 6A schools. You seen what Louisville Central did last year. They had the toughest schedule in the entire state hands down and them a 3A school. Johnson Central beat them like a drum just like Highlands and the other biggers schools they played did. Belfry beat JC in the season finale, Louisville Central thumped Belfry in the state championship. It's things like that that make you a better team as the season progress' Trust me, I know what it feels like to get beat in the state semi's by a NKY team, happened to us my Junior year. I wish we woulda played somebody in the regular season as versitile as New Cath was so we would've known what we were up against. Yeah ya may lose a couple games in the regular season, big deal. I'd take a state championship with a 10-5, 9-6 or 8-7 record ANYDAY over goin 13-1 and not even makin it there.
Sounds to me like this game meant a heck of a lot more to JC than it did Paintsville.
Redneck Wrote:First off, some poeple on here crack me up. Some of the stuff they come up with is hilarious. Second, what does academics have to do with the Apple Bowl.

Now to the thread topic. I played in the Apple Bowl 4 times, won 2 and lost 2 (shoulda won all 4, one costly mistake both times cost us, but hey, that's football). Personally, I think it's for the best to do away with the game. At heart, I don't wanna see it go. I have been to more JC football games the last 3 years than I have Paintsville, and I didn't go to cheer for the other team, I supported the Eagles. Johnson Central football is becoming a powerhouse in this area, they are fun to watch. They don't benefit one bit by playin Paintsville anymore. JC should be playin teams like Lex Cath in their non-district games, not Paintsville and Hazard. I seen on another thread where JC has Sheldon Clark and Middlesboro on their schedule next year. They have 6 non-district games to work with, they need to be playin better caliber teams than that. Jump up and play a couple 6A schools. You seen what Louisville Central did last year. They had the toughest schedule in the entire state hands down and them a 3A school. Johnson Central beat them like a drum just like Highlands and the other biggers schools they played did. Belfry beat JC in the season finale, Louisville Central thumped Belfry in the state championship. It's things like that that make you a better team as the season progress' Trust me, I know what it feels like to get beat in the state semi's by a NKY team, happened to us my Junior year. I wish we woulda played somebody in the regular season as versitile as New Cath was so we would've known what we were up against. Yeah ya may lose a couple games in the regular season, big deal. I'd take a state championship with a 10-5, 9-6 or 8-7 record ANYDAY over goin 13-1 and not even makin it there.

Good to see Redneck posting.
THOMCAT Wrote:Good to see Redneck posting.

Buddy I tell ya what, I'm on my moms computer, they just moved back from Florida about a month ago and it still had me logged on here, lol. I been tryin for 6 months to log on at my house but it says my password is incorrect, which I know better cause I use the same password for everything. I've even clicked the "forgot password" thing and typed in my email and they never send it to me.
Redneck Wrote:Buddy I tell ya what, I'm on my moms computer, they just moved back from Florida about a month ago and it still had me logged on here, lol. I been tryin for 6 months to log on at my house but it says my password is incorrect, which I know better cause I use the same password for everything. I've even clicked the "forgot password" thing and typed in my email and they never send it to me.

Glad to hear that she moved back. Tell her I said hello.
THOMCAT Wrote:Glad to hear that she moved back. Tell her I said hello.

Will do.
MonsterMan Wrote:... The day when lawyers, doctors and wealthy people sent their kids to Paintaville for acadmeics are over, they go to JC now, more money and facilites.

At least there's one person who doesn't know who I am. Suffice it to say you couldn't be MORE wrong. Smile Wink

MonsterMan Wrote:This thread is about the Apple Bowl. What advantage does Paintsville have that makes it ok to wave the white flag and say we quit? That is what we all would like to know. Will Paintsville people ever admit that JC has passed them in an area or when we do you quit?

My kids go to Paintsville, so maybe I qualify...I hereby declare Johnson Central has PASSED Paintsville in football.

Does that help ?? Big Grin
MonsterMan Wrote:JC academics do not need to be defended! I do not keep up with the transfers, but looks like the ones that went for football have no hurt JC or helped Paintsville. I thought high school kids could not transfer after they started high school. Most kids who are at JC for acadmenics or sports start in the elementary or middle school and do not transfer at the high school level. I think the reason you do not post here is you are new and just added yourself to put out a few quick posts..

This post started by Paintsville quiting the Apple Bowl and we have heard every excuse from the middle school programs to transfers to academics. Paintsville can not except JC has passed them by in football. This willl not be the end, JC is just getting more sound and secure in all their programs, both athletic and academic, than Paintsville.

15 th Region Amended 2007 Index:
1. Paintsville
2. Pike Co.
3. Pike Co.
4. Pike Co.
5. Pike Co.
6. Pike Co.
7. JC

I am NOT in any way saying that JC is horrible in Academics. Cause they aren't and they do offer things that Paintsville an the other schools don't. Thay have improved very much over the years. But, it will be very hard to pass these other schools when you have the student to teacher ratio that JC has compared to these other schools. I am posting these because they are facts not just a statement without backing.
oneijoe Wrote:At least there's one person who doesn't know who I am. Suffice it to say you couldn't be MORE wrong. Smile Wink

My kids go to Paintsville, so maybe I qualify...I hereby declare Johnson Central has PASSED Paintsville in football.

Does that help ?? Big Grin

It helps to see one person from Paintsville admit anything to JC! The Apple Bowl was nice and good for fans, but proves nothing anymore. The state title for JC does not go through Paintsville or the Apple Bowl. We need to move on to the Fort Thomas Highlands, Covington Catholics and anyone else in the top of 5A we can get to play to prepare us.
OffTheHook Wrote:15 th Region Amended 2007 Index:
1. Paintsville
2. Pike Co.
3. Pike Co.
4. Pike Co.
5. Pike Co.
6. Pike Co.
7. JC

I am NOT in any way saying that JC is horrible in Academics. Cause they aren't and they do offer things that Paintsville an the other schools don't. Thay have improved very much over the years. But, it will be very hard to pass these other schools when you have the student to teacher ratio that JC has compared to these other schools. I am posting these because they are facts not just a statement without backing.

I hate to respond to this in a way and in a way I can not let it go. I thought the post was about football and the Apple Bowl. Maybe Bluegrassrivals will start a school testing competition site and you will have a place to post with dignity! If Paintsville gets beat at in acadmeic competion do they quit too?
Well, here are the things that we know now based on this thread.
The Apple Bowl tradition is over. We now need to move on and put our energies into more productive things to think about.
Christmas is almost here and I myself still have much to do! We all need to step back and realize that although we disagree about some things we all have things to be thankful for and maybe have more in common with each other than we want to admit.

Merry Christmas!
OffTheHook Wrote:15 th Region Amended 2007 Index:
1. Paintsville
2. Pike Co.
3. Pike Co.
4. Pike Co.
5. Pike Co.
6. Pike Co.
7. JC

Are we being serious? This thread has nothing to do with academics. Give it a rest.
Do you feel that Matney being under the microscope for violations during this offseason will have any affect over kids coming over to play at JC as they once did. I would say he would probably better dot his i's and cross his t's from now on, because with another violation such as the last would probably get him banned from coaching if I were guessing.