Poll: And the winner is?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Whitley Co
17.54%
Highlands
82.46%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highlands @ Whitley County (5A Semi-Finals)
sports-fan08 Wrote:Haha, good point. When i heard people talking about it earlier, I didn't think it was all the way true. I kinda said what you said, they were gonna get there a little early, but not just to steal our seats.
I like to go hangout before games too. Its a fun time. Heck, maybe if the highlands fans are nice enough we can hang together. Haha, jk.

Trust me we are harmless. Actually get accused at home games of being too quiet. Hey, we just like to watch football. Not too many wild and crazies , a few but they are way out numbered by the mild manner football fan.:Thumbs:
tradition Wrote:Trust me we are harmless. Actually get accused at home games of being too quiet. Hey, we just like to watch football. Not too many wild and crazies , a few but they are way out numbered by the mild manner football fan.:Thumbs:

haha. I'm glad you all are harmless. Ive never got to watch highlands play, but I do have a lot of respect for them. They have a very good tradition. But ofcourse, I got to support my home team. Especially since its the first year we've been this good. I just hope some of our fans dont embarrass themselves like they have before =\ haha. But I expect it to be a good game. I know our boys will give it all they've got. And while I do think we could pull it off, if our season does come to an end, they deserve everything they've got. The hardest working whitley team ive ever saw.
sports-fan08 Wrote:haha. I'm glad you all are harmless. Ive never got to watch highlands play, but I do have a lot of respect for them. They have a very good tradition. But ofcourse, I got to support my home team. Especially since its the first year we've been this good. I just hope some of our fans dont embarrass themselves like they have before =\ haha. But I expect it to be a good game. I know our boys will give it all they've got. And while I do think we could pull it off, if our season does come to an end, they deserve everything they've got. The hardest working whitley team ive ever saw.

Sounds like your coach is on the right track and the kids, fans and community are buying into where he wants to take Whitley's football program. All the best and good luck. It seems to be building up to a good football game. All that really matters to me is that more fans are excited about their team and football is growing in Kentucky.
tradition Wrote:Sounds like your coach is on the right track and the kids, fans and community are buying into where he wants to take Whitley's football program. All the best and good luck. It seems to be building up to a good football game. All that really matters to me is that more fans are excited about their team and football is growing in Kentucky.

Actually, I'm very impressed myself with the support that has grown. Very exciting. But looking forward to watching this game. Good luck to both. But more good luck to Whitley, Big Grin haha.
Nevermind. Issue already has been addressed. Have a great day!
I doubt that my first post is going to win me a popularity contest, but I see Highlands winning this one, somewhere in the area of 35-14. The regular season schedule will be the difference here. Highlands plays all year with games just like this one in mind.
Best of luck to Whitley. Looking forward to this one in a big way. Are they calling for killer cold down in Williamsburg like they are up here?
What kind of crowd should be expected for this one. The crowd last week at JC was decent, but not SRO by any means. Does anyone know if the stadiums (JC/WC) are of comparable size?
Also, anyone have any suggestions as to where to eat?
Can you dig it? Wrote:What kind of crowd should be expected for this one. The crowd last week at JC was decent, but not SRO by any means. Does anyone know if the stadiums (JC/WC) are of comparable size?
Also, anyone have any suggestions as to where to eat?

I go to Whitley, and the stands are pretty decent. But then again I haven't saw JCs. The visitor stands are pretty good too, and usually are big enough for all the fans. I expect there to be a pretty big crowd at this one. The community really comes out to support. But the weather is also supposed to be around 18 degrees.. So that could have an effect. It was 18 degrees a few weeks ago and it was still a big crowd so I dont really know. But as far as eating, I would recommend stopping at the exit before the wburg one; Corbin. Its like exit 25 I think. They have more of a selection like applebees. The only thing you're gonna get in Williamsburg is fast food, haha.
sports-fan08 Wrote:I go to Whitley, and the stands are pretty decent. But then again I haven't saw JCs. The visitor stands are pretty good too, and usually are big enough for all the fans. I expect there to be a pretty big crowd at this one. The community really comes out to support. But the weather is also supposed to be around 18 degrees.. So that could have an effect. It was 18 degrees a few weeks ago and it was still a big crowd so I dont really know. But as far as eating, I would recommend stopping at the exit before the wburg one; Corbin. Its like exit 25 I think. They have more of a selection like applebees. The only thing you're gonna get in Williamsburg is fast food, haha.

Good stuff. Thanks. The way things are going for us, fast food might be all we've got time for. I think the coldest weather I've ever watched a game in was 16 at Harrison County a few years back. It's not a day at the beach, but it beats work.:Thumbs:
Highlands wins this one, 34-7.
warmachine Wrote:I watched Highlands and Johnson Central play this past Friday and I must say this is the worst Highlands team I have ever saw. Their running game isnt that strong and if Whitley has any pass defense, then they should be able to give Highlands a pretty good game. You cant let Highlands QB set back there for days and throw like JCHS did. I think Whitley can play with Highlands. This is not the Highlands we are used to seeing play.

Are you serious!? You must be out of your mind! Obviously you don't see many Highlands games. They are one of the best teams in the state and when they win the state championship, they could be considered to be the best team in school history. That's saying something considering how historic their program is. What seperates them from most teams is their versitility. They can run or pass whenever they want to. You can't put your defensive focus on the run cuz then they'll beat you with the pass and vise versa. Their offensive line is one of the best in the state and underrated. They open up big holes for the backs and give the quarterback plenty of time to throw. With the best coach in the nation behind them, they will be back in Louisville bring home their 18th state championship!
sports-fan08 Wrote:I dont see why, or how, everyone is saying highlands will 'win big'
how many of you all have actually saw whitley play this year?
They're not the team they were last year, or many years before that. This is the best team I think whitley has ever had. No one seems to respect that.

Yeah people are going to have a hard time doing that when they play a bunch of nobodies. They only team they played was bell and got smashed which is going to happen to them Friday. Whitley Co. varsity probably couldn't beat highlands freshman team anyway.
Colonels54 Wrote:Whitley's got this on all the way,..Highlands are already scared to death of us,..and its not even close to kick off time yet.

we got this one in the bag.
its all over Highlands....sorry.

Yeah let me tell you how scared we are. We are already looking on to the state championship. Why would we be scared of a bunch of nobodies. They wish they could be like us. They are the scared ones knowing that this monster is on a collision course in which they have no way to escape.
highlands moves on and adds another title to there list.
Best in State 10 Wrote:Yeah let me tell you how scared we are. We are already looking on to the state championship. Why would we be scared of a bunch of nobodies. They wish they could be like us. They are the scared ones knowing that this monster is on a collision course in which they have no way to escape.

Dont know who Best in State is but let me guess, He has just signed up because he is a new moderated member and is posing as a Highlands fan to give Whitley alittle locker room material.Confusedhh: Wink

Nice try but you certainly don't speak for the Highlands fans.

It is sad that anyone needs to post stuff on a web site and actually think the kids and coaches pay attention to it. I think the players and the coaches have more things to worry about like their assignments then what is posted on a web site. I can't speak for Whitley, but I can guarentee there isn't a Highlands player that would even think about reading anything on this site.
Anyone got any tips on parking? We typically walk the better part of a mile at HHS home games, so it's not a big deal to park off-site, but where might be our best bet?
tradition Wrote:Dont know who Best in State is but let me guess, He has just signed up because he is a new moderated member and is posing as a Highlands fan to give Whitley alittle locker room material.Confusedhh: Wink

Nice try but you certainly don't speak for the Highlands fans.

It is sad that anyone needs to post stuff on a web site and actually think the kids and coaches pay attention to it. I think the players and the coaches have more things to worry about like their assignments then what is posted on a web site. I can't speak for Whitley, but I can guarentee there isn't a Highlands player that would even think about reading anything on this site.

Yeah, my BS meter pegged when I read those posts. Bet his ISP isn't anywhere close to NKY.Wink
Anyone Have Any Updates On This Game?