Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Russell
84.29%
Pike County Central
15.71%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pike Co. Central @ Russell (3A 1st round)
FBALL Wrote:Hey EKU, I take that back, the chronic misspelling gets us too.

How hard is it to put two L's on Russell. What the L?

Smile
how did they get hurt? wasn't they offthis week??
If BGR had a mandatory drug testing program I know who six of the first ones to be tested should be..
Its hard telling what will happen this game.
Who is filling in the guard spot? The line is already a big weakness for us. Against PCC I'm sure its not as big a deal as it is for Belfry. While not a very fast team, Belfry is a very big team. We will need the best game of the season from our linemen to have a chance.

Hopefully AJ, Nick, and Dave can play this week, the passing game needs more work as it is the only way we will advance in the playoffs. Teams as big and strong as Belfry who load the box are gonna shut down our running game. We will have to offset that with a good passing game. I imagine we will see it some, as I think the coaches have been working on the passing game, throwing almost 40 times the last 2 games. Eventhough just running the ball would have won both those games.
IMHO they should practice there passing game against PCC and use Bailey for receiving only! He seems to be getting around much better after the off week. But that kind of injury can reoccur very easily! But no more damage can be done to the toe, just miserable pain!! Having Jones in the backfield and Bailey receiving and Storm at guard could open a whole new Dimension! if the coaches would only use it! A good coaching staff will adjust to there talent and make it work for them! As UK did this past saturday! We shall see!
I think it will be a fair game. Pike Central has played a tough year and some good teams and also gave away some games.
russell is the real deal this year they have the morris defense and the mcglone wint t offense they are 6 and 4 and a powerhouse football team.

russell 35
pike 14
I think Russell takes out the frustration of 3 losses on PCC.
Russell 42
PCC 14
PCC does not have a bad team at all, however as many have mentioned they are way to prone to turnovers. They will get some big plays out of McGuire to Chandler but will be weak in the red zone. PCC's defense is very weak against the run and will have fits with McGlones Wing T. Russell takes care of business but realizes they must improve the secondary.

Russell-35
PCC-18
Russell-42
Pike Co. Central-14
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
KENTUCKY WILDCATS
Seven
FBALL Wrote:Seven

LMAO!!!
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
Since its gotten a little slower on this thread. How does everyone think the new turf held up this year?

The only bad thing about Bermuda Grass is that it turns brown early. So it may not be that pretty green color, the field is still in very good shape. I can't remember the last time there was this much grass left on the field at the end of the year. The new drainage and new grass has held up great. Even though it is brown.
Russell wins this one rather easily.
FBALL Wrote:Since its gotten a little slower on this thread. How does everyone think the new turf held up this year?

The only bad thing about Bermuda Grass is that it turns brown early. So it may not be that pretty green color, the field is still in very good shape. I can't remember the last time there was this much grass left on the field at the end of the year. The new drainage and new grass has held up great. Even though it is brown.
I have never seen the field with that much grass this late in the season. Only thing I have seen is about the 15 yard line facing the vo tech a dip or depression on the left hash line. Other than that It has held up great. Maybe the curse has been lifted? Next year Im sure the ground will be a bit more "spongy" when the roots take better hold. Wonder If we can get the endzones painted? Russell one side Devils the other endzone. Need a more modern "R" in the middle.
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
jgrubby Wrote:I have never seen the field with that much grass this late in the season. Only thing I have seen is about the 15 yard line facing the vo tech a dip or depression on the left hash line. Other than that It has held up great. Maybe the curse has been lifted? Next year Im sure the ground will be a bit more "spongy" when the roots take better hold. Wonder If we can get the endzones painted? Russell one side Devils the other endzone. Need a more modern "R" in the middle.

I like the traditional R.

I don't think we need the endzones painted. That ground crew is pretty busy. The varsity field, The JFL field, Soccer field every week.
I like the grass fields. It has done much better this year, and should be even way better next year when the grass has had a full growing season.

I'm a big fan of grass, yes it turns brown, if you use bermuda type grasses. But football is made to play on grass, not carpet. What type of grass does UK have? Because their's is still very nice and green.
russell in this one.....they better focus on this game and not look ahead to next week
FBALL Wrote:Since its gotten a little slower on this thread. How does everyone think the new turf held up this year?

I for one think they did a great job with the field. The test was the rain game and it passed.
Russell will pound PCC into the ground. I would say Russell will turn it around in the payoffs. Look, Russell is Russell don't take them lightly or they will kill you. This year teams like them are very scary. They are hungry for some attention that they have not got sense the first of the year.
Russell
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Pike Central is about 4 pass completions away from certain Devil posters claiming that they need to bring in a new defensive coordinator Smile

I can recognize them because they resemble certain Pirate fans who were calling for Haywood's retirement two years ago.

Whoever thinks that garry morris needs to be replaced is not very smart. Garry morris has a great defensive mind and should become head coach when mcglone retires
EKY Sportster Wrote:Russell easy!

I don't think Russell can beat Belfry, but for all you Red Devil fans who think so, you better be able to put PCC away with ease because Belfry is 10 times better than PCC on a good day.

I don't know of any Russell fans who think for one minute that Russell is going to beat Belfry. Most of us are realists who respect the Belfry Pirates very much. The key word although is "can". Yes Russell can beat Belfry. I read your post as indicating Russell has no chance to win the game if both teams get past the first week. Without a doubt Belfry has the better record, and has beaten some very good football teams.

I think if Russell comes out fired up and plays well the game could be very competitive. With a break here and there they just might pull a win out. Football is a funny game and at times the ball just does not bounce straight. I have even read where one person said that if Russell plans on winning the game they had better be 5 TD's better than Belfry. I for one refuse to believe that the refs are biased. In the most part they do a very good job.

I can assure you that come game time the Belfry players and the coaches will not be thinking like some on here. One thing is for certain these teams RESPECT each other regardless of how there season is going.
Blue Thunder 86 Wrote:Whoever thinks that garry morris needs to be replaced is not very smart. Garry morris has a great defensive mind and should become head coach when mcglone retires

Boy Howdy!!!
Russell 41

Pike Central 7
Russell
It couldn't thrill me more to be able to see Raceland/Russell/Johnson Central in their respective class's championship game. I think all teams have the potential to get to the Carpet, then if they are there? anything can happen. I each will have their hands full, for Raceland (LCA), for Russell (belfry), for Johnson Central (Highlands), we'll see how it goes, as for this game...i'll go with my neighbors, the RED DEVILS!!!!

Russell 40
PCC 26
BO1988 Wrote:It couldn't thrill me more to be able to see Raceland/Russell/Johnson Central in their respective class's championship game. I think all teams have the potential to get to the Carpet, then if they are there? anything can happen. I each will have their hands full, for Raceland (LCA), for Russell (belfry), for Johnson Central (Highlands), we'll see how it goes, as for this game...i'll go with my neighbors, the RED DEVILS!!!!

Russell 40
PCC 26

If Russell gives up 26 to Pike Central than they can forget about Belfry.

I think Russell comes into the playoffs with a little bit of a chip on their shoulder and plays to prove the doubters wrong.

Russell 49
Pike County Central 12
FBALL Wrote:If Russell gives up 26 to Pike Central than they can forget about Belfry.

I think Russell comes into the playoffs with a little bit of a chip on their shoulder and plays to prove the doubters wrong.

Russell 49
Pike County Central 12

WHy would you say that, two totally diffrent style of teams. Not to mention this will be the first time Russell has ever played PCC which could make it a little tougher of a game then expected just for the fact you wont really know what to expect from them. To add to that you all have played Belfry many many many times and know what they do. RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN lol. Never sell your team short if another team plays you close or blows you out. IE. UK vs UF then turns around and should have beat UGA. Good Luck in playoffs. and good Luck to my alma mater. GO HAWKS!!:Thumbs: