Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 68 - Betsy Layne 0
bucslover68 Wrote:Btw, I Love Daniel Harmon...always Have And Always Will...he Really Deserves To Be On A Better Team. But 6 Tds Is Crazy...belfry Has One Back With 20 Carries Total In 3 Games...inflated Scoring Stats Against Inferior Competition Will Not Help His Chance For All-state...and Don't Take This As A Knock On Anyone, Because It Isn't...it's Just That Younger Guys Need To Get Reps And They Can Score Some Of Those Tds...next Year Harmon Is Not Gonna Be Around And Someone Needs To Be Ready To Fill In...also, Leave Copley Alone And Let Him Rebuild Pikeville...they Need To Get Back To At Least Being As Good As The 99 And 00 Teams...harmon Needs Some Of Those Tds Against Lex. Cath, Belfry, And In The Playoffs...good Luck To The Panthers From One Of The Few People Around That Can Actually Pull For Both Belfry And Pikeville, Ha Ha.

He had 184 yds. against Corbin and only had 144 yds. against BL on 12 carries. Would have had alot more yds. but they started on BL's 30 yardline most of the night What's your point!
Hope he has another 160 yard night against LexCath like last year.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I don't buy this, as I said Pikeville would get better practice against their Freshman and Sophomores Monday through Thursday.

Maybe I am wrong, but when I think of the Pikeville program the first thign that comes to mind is "CLASS". Nothing about Friday holds up that reputation to me.

This would have been a good game for Pikeville to work on their passing...and they only threw 3 passes, and their starting tailback was still running the ball to make it 68-0. This shows the coaching staff still doesn't have a clue that they will need to mix it up to move the ball on good teams.:igiveup:
SportsKing Wrote:He had 184 yds. against Corbin and only had 144 yds. against BL on 12 carries. Would have had alot more yds. but they started on BL's 30 yardline most of the night What's your point!
Hope he has another 160 yard night against LexCath like last year.

Like i said, I love Harmon, but 6 Tds is still too many...He did have a pretty good game against Lex. Cath, but 90 some of those yards was on a late TD when the game was out of reach. My point was "SCORING" stats, not yardage.
jetpilot Wrote:This would have been a good game for Pikeville to work on their passing...and they only threw 3 passes, and their starting tailback was still running the ball to make it 68-0. This shows the coaching staff still doesn't have a clue that they will need to mix it up to move the ball on good teams.:igiveup:

See, I on the other hand, think it was an opportunity for Pikeville to work on their running game and try to perfect their techniques on the line(1st step,being low on hips, angles, driving, etc.) and blocking back(correct angles, attacking correct shoulders,etc.) I'm sure the coaches will grade their positions and follow up with corrections on Monday. Pikeville needs to establish a dominant run game with the scheme they run. Then the pass will be easy. Besides, you would've dogged them for passing the ball while being so many points ahead.
bucslover68 Wrote:Like i said, I love Harmon, but 6 Tds is still too many...He did have a pretty good game against Lex. Cath, but 90 some of those yards was on a late TD when the game was out of reach. My point was "SCORING" stats, not yardage.

The 95 yrd. run was against LexCath's starters, so what does it matter how long the run was. Besides, Harmon is the tailback in a power-i, he's always going to get more touches. I'm sure that Coach Copley didn't say"let's see how many TD's we can get Harmon." Harmon only had 12 carries and actually scored 7 TD's( 1 was called back).
Exactly, How many offensive plays did Pikeville run in this game? It doesn't sound like many.

Also, what happened which may produce suspensions for next Friday; was there a fight or what?
SportsKing Wrote:See, I on the other hand, think it was an opportunity for Pikeville to work on their running game and try to perfect their techniques on the line(1st step,being low on hips, angles, driving, etc.) and blocking back(correct angles, attacking correct shoulders,etc.) I'm sure the coaches will grade their positions and follow up with corrections on Monday. Pikeville needs to establish a dominant run game with the scheme they run. Then the pass will be easy. Besides, you would've dogged them for passing the ball while being so many points ahead.

I meant work on the passing game from the outset of the game. Like another poster said, they get more from practice than working on their running game vs. BL. They will never have a dominant running game as long as everyone knows they run it every down. Again, opportunity lost to work on the passing game. And again, it's obvious the coaches still don't realize they are going to have to mix it up...even though everyone else realizes it...
My opinion is that Pikeville had alot to work on, coming off their poor showing against Ashland.
ComfortEagle Wrote:Another thing I hate is when people get on here and complain, "oh they ran the score up, boo hoo hoo!"

Get over it people. This is high school football, it is not little league. If you have a problem with getting beat that bad then maybe you should man up and start playing better or work harder for next year, that way you won't be put in a position where a team can rack up as many points as they like.

I agree completely, CE. It's the offense's job to score, and it's the defenses job to stop them. Simple as that. Anyone complaining about the other team scoring too much needs to tell their defense to do something about it.

jr. Wrote:as earlier post said something about the betsy laynes grade school program, it is sad that some of the players came to the game to watch and got attacked by the dag gone asst. coach from pikeville. "you'd look good in a maroon jersey" pathetic

MaroonMonsoon77 Wrote:Coaches can talk to players about coming to school's nothing is wrong with that.

This, on the other hand, is not okay (if it is true). I have my doubts as to whether this actually happened, since this would be a blatant rule violation and could get Pikeville's coaches in hot water. Even if the coaches were hoping to land some transfers (which I'm not saying they were), I can't imagine they would do this out in public. Monsoon, if your coach did do this, then there is definitely something wrong with that.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Hondo Wrote:Exactly, How many offensive plays did Pikeville run in this game? It doesn't sound like many.
No more than 20-25.
Good win pikeville but you should def show a little respect and play the jv or something and you may need to beat up on the little schools cause I dont really see you all beating up on alot of teams out of the district this year good luck against lex cath
I wish BL would have put more of a fight. I was really believing that were able to at least compete with P-ville. Good luck next year with them.