Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg vs. Pikeville Predictions.
I'm excited about this game. I gotta work till 7 so I wont make it to the game but I'll be listening wearing my blackcat football t-shirt (not really wearing a t-shirt but i will be listening.)

Cats- 14
Panthers- 0

I smell a reverse from last year.
blackcatfan4life Wrote:I'm excited about this game. I gotta work till 7 so I wont make it to the game but I'll be listening wearing my blackcat football t-shirt (not really wearing a t-shirt but i will be listening.)

Cats- 14
Panthers- 0

I smell a reverse from last year.

Hmm nooo i think your smelling the same thing from last year, nothing smells any worse, only better around here
Guess we will see come tomorrow Pantherblitz 8)
Kinda off topic here but I am under the impression that the city of Pikeville has undergone a pretty good amount of growth the past several years. Does anyone think that Pikeville could be a AA school in the next 10 years if the city continues to grow like it has. I know a lot of people that work in the city of Pikeville that their kids attend schools all over Pike and Floyd Counties, but is the actual population of the city growing along with all the new commercial business that Pikeville has seen? I personally would love to see Pikeville become a AA school within the next 10 years. I know that would mean a lot less district and regional titles, but I don't think it would be any harder to win the state titles because the top 4 teams in Class A are just if good if not better than the top 4 schools in Class AA. I would love to see Pikeville in a district with Prestonsburg, Belfry, East Ridge, Pike Central, and Shelby Valley, that would be some fun games to play every year. I think Pikeville is around 150-200 students from being AA right now, but with increased tutition students and a growing population I think it is possible someday down the road.
How man kids go to Pikeville?
blackcat Wrote:How man kids go to Pikeville?

Not exactly for sure blackcat would I think it is in the 400s and the cutoff is somewhere around 570. I know that they have a way to go but I know of some new houseing developments that may be in the works plus the hospital is supposely going to be makeing another large expansion which will bring more people in to the city of Pikeville. Throw in I-66 if that ever happens I could see that bringing in some new industry, but those families could settle in the PCC, ER, or SV school districts. I wish Pikeville would not limit the number of tutition students, which I know they used to do but don't know if they still do. Could you imagine how good Pikeville High school would be if it was not a independent school system? They would be AAA or AAAA but they would be a powerhouse. I know Pikeville will remain in Class A for the forseeable future but it seems everytime I go home that the city keeps growing and maybe 10 years down the road they will reach AA....I don't know it may never happen just bored tonight and thinking out loud but I would love to see it happen.
I think P-burg has around 500-600 students, I wouldn't think anymore then that.
blackcat Wrote:I think P-burg has around 500-600 students, I wouldn't think anymore then that.

I thank the cutoff between A and AA is somewhere around 570 when I get some time here Blackcat I will look it up for all classes and post it on this thread.
The alignment classification upper and lower lmits fluctuate for each class because of changes in enrollment.

The current alignment is based on 2 year average enrollments. The 54 schools with the lowest avg enrollments are in Class 1A, the next 54 are in 2A, and so forth.

Class 1A, Avg Enrollment of 0 - 531
Class 2A, Avg Enrollment of 531.1 - 752.5
Class 3A, Avg Enrollment of 752.6 - 1040.5
Class 4A, Avg Enrollment of 1040.6 and higher
Pikevilles enrollment for 04/05 is listed as 399. They would have to add about 130 students and maintain that amount for a couple of years for their average enrollment figure to be high enough to push them into 2A.

I agree, though, Pikeville in the same district with Pburg, Belfry, SV, Pike Central and Sheldon Clark would be fun to watch.
Bat Masterson Wrote:The alignment classification upper and lower lmits fluctuate for each class because of changes in enrollment.

The current alignment is based on 2 year average enrollments. The 54 schools with the lowest avg enrollments are in Class 1A, the next 54 are in 2A, and so forth.

Thanks Bat....Pikeville has a way to go to reach AA and may never be able to reach it but the schedule would be so much better and intense if they could.
Bat Masterson Wrote:The alignment classification upper and lower lmits fluctuate for each class because of changes in enrollment.

Shew....sucks for the person that adds up to make a school 752.6 instead of 752.5. Now how in the hell do you get that...

But I don't think that Pikeville can really grow. If it does like you are predicting, they will have to start turning away tuition students. The school/classes can't hold many more.
football05 Wrote:Guess we will see come tomorrow Pantherblitz 8)

Do i need to say it? lol JK
P-burg in my opnion played hard tonight.... but were worn down early in the game

They were still playing hard the last few minutes of the 4th Q
I was glad 2 see that
Good call Man. You were right, I was wrong. OUCH! I hate saying that. Smile
blackcatfan4life Wrote:Good call Man. You were right, I was wrong. OUCH! I hate saying that. Smile

Smile It takes a lot for someone to admit that they were wrong and if Pburg losses to Paintsville next week I will be in the same situation and will do the same thing....I don't think anyone thought it would be a Pikeville win by such a large margin.
AOTGC Wrote:Beef- I'm definately with you here! The P-ville boys really pulled through last night with the huge upset. It was really a win they needed coming off the Newport game.

P-ville- 35
P-burg-7

Great call...you almost hit it. 8)