Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is the best all around player in the 58th as a Fresman?
"cheeseburger_eddy" Wrote:Adam, Jody, Josh, and Blake Who?? Who are all of these kids. They must not be too good because you never hear about them. I'll tell you who is the top freshman. I've been scouting him a lot. Since his whole 8th grade year and I even went to Summer Camp and scouted him out. He is Tyler Kidd. I don't care what anyone says he could take any of these boys 1 on 1. During last years game against Allen Central "Kidd" as we all know him put up 34 points, he even pulled off a 4 point play. Now thats unheard of in gradeschool basketball. He nearly averaged a double double last season. He's been practicing non-stop. So watch out 58th distric here is your top freshman.

Adam,Jody,Blake and Josh are all better then him. as for the 4 point play two years ago wesley akers for sf had around 3 so it is heard of. Jody tackett will eat him up whenever they play.
"Basketballer" Wrote:Devin needs to learn fundamentals.. As for the best Freshman, It could go many different ways.

I am sorry, but I think that is kinda funny. Everyone talks about how bad he is in fundamentals, but in open gym in Pikeville this summer, he was told by Todd May that he is fundamentally strong. So, I guess that the people who never played division 1 basketball, were never high school and college all Americans, were never chosen as Ky's Mr Basketball,or were never invited to pro camps, people who never even led the whole nation in every college level in scoring for 3 years know more about it than Todd?
"BasketBallonlyfan" Wrote:I am sorry, but I think that is kinda funny. Everyone talks about how bad he is in fundamentals, but in open gym in Pikeville this summer, he was told by Todd May that he is fundamentally strong. So, I guess that the people who never played division 1 basketball, were never high school and college all Americans, were never chosen as Ky's Mr Basketball,or were never invited to pro camps, people who never even led the whole nation in every college level in scoring for 3 years know more about it than Todd?
I guess they do!
"Basketballer" Wrote:I guess they do!
each has his own opinion i guess....
"BasketBallonlyfan" Wrote:each has his own opinion i guess....
Yes they do, If we all had the same opinion what fun would it be?
Would you mind me asking what Division 1 college you played at?
Nah you can ask!!!!! I didnt play, But that still doesnt mean I dont know anything about Basketball!!!!

And what about you?
For sure Seth Setser
Seth Setser for p-burg
"Basketballer" Wrote:Nah you can ask!!!!! I didnt play, But that still doesnt mean I dont know anything about Basketball!!!!

And what about you?

Lets see, after playing only one year of high school basketball. I got recruited by Allegheny Community College in Cumberland Maryland. The number 5 Junior college in the country at the time. I went there for academic reasons to get my grades up. Then after one semester, I dropped out to join the marines. Upon leaving the Marine Corps, I went on a full ride to Pikeville College. I guess that means I dont know anything about basketball either. Still it goes back to the ole saying, "those who can do.. .those who can't "critique"?"
"Basketballer" Wrote:Nah you can ask!!!!! I didnt play, But that still doesnt mean I dont know anything about Basketball!!!!

And what about you?

Lets see, after playing only one year of high school basketball. I got recruited by Allegheny Community College in Cumberland Maryland. The number 5 Junior college in the country at the time. I went there for academic reasons to get my grades up. Then after one semester, I dropped out to join the marines. Upon leaving the Marine Corps, I went on a full ride to Pikeville College. I guess that means I dont know anything about basketball either. Still it goes back to the ole saying, "those who can do.. .those who can't "critique"?" May I ask how fundamentaly sound you are at basketball?
Here at Pikeville, Matt Clevenger was listed one of the top 100 AAU players in the country this year. Why isnt his name mentioned anywhere?
You guys need to read the title of the thread.

"top freshmen player in the 58th district"

I don't think Matt Clevenger of Pikeville nor Devin Adams of Pikeville are going to be playing in the 58th district this season. They may both be top rate players- but they aren't going to be the top in the 58th.

Oh yeah, not that I am disputing your claim about the top 100 AAU players, but where is that information coming from? I would love to see a list like that. Would be interesting to see what players listed on there from across the nation go on to become high school, college or even NBA all stars.
"BasketBallonlyfan" Wrote:Lets see, after playing only one year of high school basketball. I got recruited by Allegheny Community College in Cumberland Maryland. The number 5 Junior college in the country at the time. I went there for academic reasons to get my grades up. Then after one semester, I dropped out to join the marines. Upon leaving the Marine Corps, I went on a full ride to Pikeville College. I guess that means I dont know anything about basketball either. Still it goes back to the ole saying, "those who can do.. .those who can't "critique"?"
Pretty Good actually!!! Was recruited by 3-4 schools, but I decided that I didnt want to play Basketball anymore and I quit!!!! All my decision!!! But I can scan you some head lines and stuff you would like to see some of my numbers!!!!
"504 boy" Wrote:Adam,Jody,Blake and Josh are all better then him. as for the 4 point play two years ago wesley akers for sf had around 3 so it is heard of. Jody tackett will eat him up whenever they play.

Man, you don't even know "Kidd". He could smoke Jody Tackett 1 on 1. Me you and everyone in the distric knows it. I think Jody's a good player and all but he doesn't have a thing on Kidd. Kidd brings his A game every time he plays. So watch out for Kidd.:theman:
"cheeseburger_eddy" Wrote:Man, you don't even know "Kidd". He could smoke Jody Tackett 1 on 1. Me you and everyone in the distric knows it. I think Jody's a good player and all but he doesn't have a thing on Kidd. Kidd brings his A game every time he plays. So watch out for Kidd.:theman:

:lmao::lol:
i've never even heard of this Kidd...so he must not be to good
No one in this thread knows who the best freshman is going to be. Basketball season hasn't even started yet! Wait until season starts and see who can really play and who cannot. High School basketball is an entirely different level than MS basketball. The best thing about all these freshmen is when they become a sophomore....
well said bevinsville
i'd have to say Josh Prater, i think he's played high school ball since i was in seventh grade (3 yeears ago). That's impressive!
Why are we even arguin about this i mean no 1 know it is just the pre-season no 1 know how good ppl r and how good they r not...
"raiders_basketball" Wrote:Why are we even arguin about this i mean no 1 know it is just the pre-season no 1 know how good ppl r and how good they r not...
I hate to break it to you most folks consider October 15...the season's start. Some like you and i don't. we're out numbered. i agree this thread is truly pointless. all you get is this--->:yesno: :yikes:
well moose technically the season may have started but not all of the teams have all of their players yet considering football is just ending...and most ppl would consider the season starting when the teams start 2 play on the court anyways...no one knows who will be the best until they begin to play each other i mean isnt the best about your stats more over youe potential and what do u mean by some like you i dont because if u mean that towards raider_basketball that is not something to bring into these conversations...
"sfhs_raider_girl" Wrote:well moose technically the season may have started but not all of the teams have all of their players yet considering football is just ending...and most ppl would consider the season starting when the teams start 2 play on the court anyways...no one knows who will be the best until they begin to play each other i mean isnt the best about your stats more over youe potential and what do u mean by some like you i dont because if u mean that towards raider_basketball that is not something to bring into these conversations...

calm down sfhs_raider_girl...lol wut he meant was that me ne him was the only ppl who thought that this thread was pointless b/c no 1 knows who the best is till the begginning of the season...lol
I think everyone should get their facts straight.
"DTfan" Wrote:I think everyone should get their facts straight.

what r u talkin about???who's facts are incorrect????
shew who cares about FRESHMAN they arent goin to be stars this year or do anything at the varsity level. in a couple of years the 58th district should be good from all the good freshman everyone has named but none of them will stand out this year. Who do they think they are Landon Slone, i think not
I think Ti bbs (cant remember first name) is going to be an amazing player for the bl this year i seen him taking people to scholl at summer camp he was really good
I dont know about any other people on here but I think East Ridge may have a place in here somewhere...
i think that it will be cris gibson