Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Biggest "big man" in the state
Alright have it your way, but to me sayin someone sucks compared to another player shouldnt be took as a compliment.
First thing you need to do is read the rules again. I see two rules that you have broken in the last three posts. Lets see if the mods do there job now....
What did I say? Spotting out rules being broke that well you should get moved to admin. or is that just because you couldn't think of anything else to say?
"BasketBallonlyfan" Wrote:Try reading a few post earlier like on page 3 and you will see why that was asked. If you cant keep up with the conversation, you will have to sit back at the kiddy table.
Doesnt matter what you say it isnt goin to change the fact that Deven isn't any good right now an wont be until later when he is a soph. or junior. But by then he could be one of the best big man around.
That is if he finds coordination. Then he should be a beast instead of a pet.
There really isnt anything to say. You are compairing older seniors against younger freshmen. To be fair, why not compair him to other freshmen instead of seniors? You are right, being big doesnt make you a player. But it helps... Give him a year or two, then keep runnin your mouth about how "bad" you think he is... I am sure that Ryan and Brandon were superstars ready to go to the NBA as freshmen in high school, or should I say in the 8th grade, because that is the grade he should be in this year.
Alright instead of getting on here and taking up for him why not just go make him feel good to his face, you are his dad so who cares about your opinion of him? Love and Lies dont make bad players good.
I'm not the one who brought him up in this thread but if he is playin varsity basketball then it doesnt matter what grade your in the seniors arent goin to take it easy on the freshman. And yeah I agree that in a year or two he will be one of the best around. He should dominate the freshman an jv games this yr an he will get better the more he plays.
No personal attacks or no attempt to reveal another member's identity. Stick to the thread or it will be closed.
he will never be any good....like sf football said if your playing varsity it doesnt matter what grade your in...hes 7 foot tall and couldnt score on 6'1 and 6'2 people over the summer....so lets just say the honaker twins better take care of pikeville this year
No, I dont expect seniors to take it easy on freshmen in varsity ballgames. I dont expect it or hope that they do. A player only gets better when they are playing against better players, not ones who take it easy. But here are the facts. The biggest thing Deven needs to play now would be more of a physical game. If he played half as physical as I did then he would dominate this year as a freshman, even against Ryan. The physical play will come with more age and maturity. I think he will dominate the freshman and JV games and some varsity games. I just dont see many centers in the 15th that if he was a year or two older and had the physical part of under the goal in his game, that many centers could compete with a 6'9" 235 lbs big man who is still growing. You could send Ryan and Brandon to the very best coaches in the country, even Rick Pitiono and they couldnt teach either of them two that you mentioned to be 6'9". But I will say this, with all honesty, I will bet that neither person you mentioned or any other center in the Eastern part of the state could push him out from under the goal right now with him being a freshman. He has the strenght, but I feel like right now he is scared to hurt someone. So tell me this toughguy, who do you think a coach would rather have on there team as a center, a 6'9" kid with 4 more years of ball playing, or a 6'4" center with a temper problem with only two more months of playing?
"golden golfer" Wrote:he will never be any good....like sf football said if your playing varsity it doesnt matter what grade your in...hes 7 foot tall and couldnt score on 6'1 and 6'2 people over the summer....so lets just say the honaker twins better take care of pikeville this year
Do you mean the same 6'1 and 6'2" players that Ryan threw a elbow at and ended up with a double tech and got taken out of the game? If he was so good, why didnt SF win more than 1 game in the Morehead camp?
well the 6'9 kid if he was any good but hes not so im going to with the 6'4 guy in this case daddy
If Deven starts gettin physical then yeah he will be very hard for people to stop down low but over the summer he acted scared and was afraid to push people. I'm not tryin to say that he isnt any good or anything but he isnt quite the best big man in the state yet.
In the state? He isn't even the best in their district.
No where did I say he was the best in the state yet either. I think he has more potiental to be the best in the state than the two you mentioned....
And yes, it is easy to talk about how bad someone is hiding behind a nick on here. I bet neither one of you two would be brave enough to step on the court with him. I bet you would be like the ones from over there that was driving by the court at the swimming pool while he was playing there and yell out stuff to him as you are driving by....
"BasketBallonlyfan" Wrote:And yes, it is easy to talk about how bad someone is hiding behind a nick on here. I bet neither one of you two would be brave enough to step on the court with him. I bet you would be like the ones from over there that was driving by the court at the swimming pool while he was playing there and yell out stuff to him as you are driving by....
oh we're suppose to be afraid of him. the bigger they are the harder they fall an i wouldnt be afraid to tell him anything to his face
your tryin to turn this into somethin stupid. all we are doin is talkin about the best big man in the state an i said in a couple of years he might be an you go an say somethin dumb after that. i kno he is your son but if somebody talks good about him just leave it at that
send me a priv message and i will pass on your name to him...
To be honest with you I havent seen a big man worth a squat to come out of the 15th in several years.
Todd May had no glue he couldnt stick not at UK or Wake Forrest he came home to the Mts where was comfortable.
Vanhoose was better than Marshall but who knows.
The level of play of competition is not what one needs for them to develop.
you have to play real programs.
i hope the kid does well but dont expect a big D1 program to give him much thought because of the track record of the kids before him.
For every one that sticks 9 will come home.
"sf football" Wrote:your tryin to turn this into somethin stupid. all we are doin is talkin about the best big man in the state an i said in a couple of years he might be an you go an say somethin dumb after that. i kno he is your son but if somebody talks good about him just leave it at that

Read the topic again, it says "biggest big man in the state" not the best...
well he is one of the biggest then. but not the best yet.
Send me a post where i said anywhere he is one of the best in the state? Yes, I did say he is one of the biggest, but never did I say one of the best. In a year or two, I might be able to say one of the best, but I know I cant now.
"Turkish" Wrote:To be honest with you I havent seen a big man worth a squat to come out of the 15th in several years.
Todd May had no glue he couldnt stick not at UK or Wake Forrest he came home to the Mts where was comfortable.
Vanhoose was better than Marshall but who knows.
The level of play of competition is not what one needs for them to develop.
you have to play real programs.
i hope the kid does well but dont expect a big D1 program to give him much thought because of the track record of the kids before him.
For every one that sticks 9 will come home.

Good comment.
its a shame but coachs do view certain areas as being that way.
i think devan will be good maybe in a few yrs. he lacks ALOT or cordination. he's big but just b.c your big doesn't mean your gonna dominate the sport, alot has to come with it and personaly i don't think devan has what it takes to make any impact at all on the 15th region this year. rice from johnson central, little from south floyd,brandon kidd from betsy layne, the center from allen central, john johnson from shelby valley. all of these players are gonna be better this year.
As far as the rest of you clean it up or this tread will be closed, no more personal threats. The UFC is looking for toughguys everyday.
"the-man" Wrote:i think devan will be good maybe in a few yrs. he lacks ALOT or cordination. he's big but just b.c your big doesn't mean your gonna dominate the sport, alot has to come with it and personaly i don't think devan has what it takes to make any impact at all on the 15th region this year. rice from johnson central, little from south floyd,brandon kidd, the center from allen central, john johnson, . all of these will eat him up.
I should hope all those seniors would eat up a freshman. But as yourself this, if they was back to being 14 again, do you still think they would? Your way of thinkin is this, I am SURE that Dev would dominate every 5th grader in the state right now.
Will Dev be starting?
"Doc Holliday" Wrote:As far as the rest of you clean it up or this tread will be closed, no more personal threats. The UFC is looking for toughguys everyday.
LOL, I never did try the UFC, but I did get in a few "king of the hills" boxing..