Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Georgia 60 - Kentucky 56 - OT (SEC Tournament)
RavenBoy Wrote:It was a good idea if it wasnt a Technical, I could see how he wouldnt of known that.

It wasn't a good idea because it's a technical every time in that situation. It was a goal tend on a free throw, which is a dead ball. It's obvious it would be a technical.
OMG Wrote:It wasn't a good idea because it's a technical every time in that situation. It was a goal tend on a free throw, which is a dead ball. It's obvious it would be a technical.
lol No, its not obvious
I didnt know that it would be a technical either. But it doesnt matter UK sucked it up and Georgia is hott right now. Congrats Bulldogs.
RavenBoy Wrote:lol No, its not obvious

It's not a rule that I learned in junior pro, but I did learn it in high school against Madison Central High School. A kid by the name of Kaneil Jenkins jumped up and did the same thing and they made the exact same call.

So I guess unless you've seen it before you wouldn't know it. Sorry
Nobody on here knew that it was a technical unless you have seen it happen. And trust me, that was the first time I had ever seen it happen. I first thought it was a genius move, then they said it was a technical. I've played basketball all my life, and have never thought of what would happen if you goaltend a freethrow. I guess now they know just to step in the lane on purpose causing a lane violation. If he makes the free throw, then they count it; if he misses, then they just shoot again.
BCF4L Wrote:Nobody on here knew that it was a technical unless you have seen it happen. And trust me, that was the first time I had ever seen it happen. I first thought it was a genius move, then they said it was a technical. I've played basketball all my life, and have never thought of what would happen if you goaltend a freethrow. I guess now they know just to step in the lane on purpose causing a lane violation. If he makes the free throw, then they count it; if he misses, then they just shoot again.

Well like I said above, i've seen it happen before. So atleast one person on here knew. I just imagined if you are a coach on that level you would know that. It just makes sense to me to research enough to know the rules in every situation. Yea not everybody on this site knows, but most college coaches should.
You'd also think the HoF coach Joe Gibbs would know that you aren't allowed to call 2 timeouts back to back. Coaches make mistakes from time to time just like players and this happened to be a very bad one for Billy.

I always wondered why it wouldn't let me call back to back timeouts on Madden. That finally taught me this season.
Welcome to BlueGrassRivals

If you ever have any questions, problems, or comments, contact me at [email=tomcat6868@gmail.com]tomcat6868@gmail.com[/email] or via PM by clicking here [Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/finalnewbanner3.png]