Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg, 4th coach in 5 years?????
(04-29-2024, 05:22 PM)Thomas Nairn Wrote:
(04-29-2024, 05:13 PM)-STAT-I will and you got do whatever you got to do which is keep spreading rumors.  Hope we get to meet some day.  Your welcome to any of our open gyms or summer games.  Hurting kids by spreading rumors you are sharing from your "SOURCE" is not really adult like nor is it funny. Wrote:
(04-29-2024, 05:04 PM)Thomas Nairn Wrote:
(04-29-2024, 10:48 AM)-STAT- Wrote: Have it from a good source that the summer ball schedule, and off season program that had been put together has all been canceled, which would be a strong indicator that the coach is no longer there, even though that hasn't been made official yet. If that is the case, why just up and cancel everything? Leave it in place for the next coach, the summer ball schedule at least, bc it's going to be tough to get into team camps the longer this drags out.  I understand maybe moving around any practice schedules so other teams within the school can get more gym time to practice. If Chase has no intentions of coming back, he needs to let the administration know, or maybe the administration needs to find out, if they haven't already. It really seems like this is being handled poorly by both sides.
Thanks for letting me know.  I will let Coach and Coaches know to cancel open gym tonight and the rest of this week and the Summer games we have on schedule.  Appreciate the info.  Please thank your source me.

lol you're more than welcome. You do whatever it is you gotta do.
Nairn is top-notch funny.   Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Ring'Em Up's post:
  • -STAT-, Westside
Mason knew things weren’t great, him and Mike had a horrible relationship this past season we’d love to have Brayden back but not healthy to have Mason around the program. That being said one day Mason will be a good coach for some team. We are planning on not having Hall or Collins, hope that changes, love to have them but we do got Allen back which will be a big help.
(04-29-2024, 11:47 PM)FloydCountySuperstar Wrote: Mason knew things weren’t great, him and Mike had a horrible relationship this past season  we’d love to have Brayden back but not healthy to have Mason around the program. That being said one day Mason will be a good coach for some team. We are planning on not having Hall or Collins, hope that changes, love to have them but we do got Allen back which will be a big help.

Good lord, what’s the rules on members giving away their own identity? Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like BillSelf's post:
  • BlackcatAlum, Wasp23
Healthier to have Mason than Mike apparently. I thought they pushed Derrick Newsome out over players quitting/transferring and the same thing is happening with Mike Howard. If Mason was the head coach, chances are they'd be getting and also keeping players instead of losing them. I have heard that Spriggs Dad wishes he could get Chris out of Floyd County maybe he is changing his mind though.

Ideally, Prestonsburg would hire Brandon Gearheart with Justin Allen coming on as an assistant, with Mason Hall taking over at Betsy Layne if both schools would want quality coaches, even better people on the bench teaching those kids how to become good men to go with being the best basketball players they can be.

I think the saddest news to come through this thread is Kaden Allen likely won't be playing basketball next season. I know baseball is his favorite and best sport, but he really impressed me playing basketball as well.
[-] The following 1 user Likes P. Fanning's post:
  • Crazy09
(04-30-2024, 12:22 AM)P. Fanning Wrote: Healthier to have Mason than Mike apparently. I thought they pushed Derrick Newsome out over players quitting/transferring and the same thing is happening with Mike Howard. If Mason was the head coach, chances are they'd be getting and also keeping players instead of losing them. I have heard that Spriggs Dad wishes he could get Chris out of Floyd County maybe he is changing his mind though.

Ideally, Prestonsburg would hire Brandon Gearheart with Justin Allen coming on as an assistant, with Mason Hall taking over at Betsy Layne if both schools would want quality coaches, even better people on the bench teaching those kids how to become good men to go with being the best basketball players they can be.

I think the saddest news to come through this thread is Kaden Allen likely won't be playing basketball next season. I know baseball is his favorite and best sport, but he really impressed me playing basketball as well.
I’d imagine I could talk him into playing if dad is on staff haha
[-] The following 1 user Likes BCF4L's post:
  • P. Fanning
(04-29-2024, 11:47 PM)FloydCountySuperstar Wrote: Mason knew things weren’t great, him and Mike had a horrible relationship this past season  we’d love to have Brayden back but not healthy to have Mason around the program. That being said one day Mason will be a good coach for some team. We are planning on not having Hall or Collins, hope that changes, love to have them but we do got Allen back which will be a big help.

So what was the cause of their supposed horrible relationship?
[-] The following 1 user Likes -STAT-'s post:
  • Crazy09
I wonder how much interest Landon Slone would have in this job?
(04-30-2024, 12:06 PM)BlackcatAlum Wrote: I wonder how much interest Landon Slone would have in this job?

Paintsville has a solid, young core so I would venture to say he will stay where he is at
(04-30-2024, 12:06 PM)BlackcatAlum Wrote: I wonder how much interest Landon Slone would have in this job?

Zero
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL

None, has a great young core at Paintsville, and a great crop coming in middle school right now as well.
[-] The following 1 user Likes -STAT-'s post:
  • FloydCountySuperstar
Any applicants thus far?

(04-30-2024, 09:21 AM)-STAT- Wrote:

So what was the cause of their supposed horrible relationship?

dude can you just coach your team without trying to degrade Prestonsburg, degrade Hall, degrade Parsley and degrade Moore? Every single person that is your opposition in any form, you’re on here downgrading them any chance you get.
[-] The following 1 user Likes YouKnowNot's post:
  • Wasp23
(04-29-2024, 02:45 PM)BCF4L Wrote:
(04-29-2024, 02:09 PM)P. Fanning Wrote: Why did Brent Rose leave Prestonsburg for? Hopkins also left Betsy Layne fairly quickly, I've always wondered what happened in both of those situations, and would that make Prestonsburg think twice about those guys.

Brandon Gearheart is an intriguing name in all of this. I thought he did a great job with the boys in the one season he had, and I never understood what happened there with him either. Seems like these coaching jobs don't seem to have much stability. I do know Gearheart wants to coach and he is younger than those other three, so stability would be there with him, plus I would imagine he'd have Justin Allen back as an assistant and he would go a long way towards getting the pride back in Prestonsburg basketball. I hope Gearheart gets that opportunity again.
Neither Brent nor Dougie left Floyd County for any fault of their own. 

As for Brandon, I agree, he’s also a good candidate. Had one season where he had a winning record and the players loved him. I was on his staff and still to this day none of us really know what happened to cause the change. 

All I can say is that any of the 3 above get the job, Prestonsburg will be fine and I’d be open to helping. I have a good relationship with them all and feel they each bring qualities to a program that needs stability.
https://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/k...bk17/52090
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ring'Em Up's post:
  • YouKnowNot
(04-30-2024, 10:58 PM)Ring'Em Up Wrote:
(04-29-2024, 02:45 PM)BCF4L Wrote:
(04-29-2024, 02:09 PM)P. Fanning Wrote: Why did Brent Rose leave Prestonsburg for? Hopkins also left Betsy Layne fairly quickly, I've always wondered what happened in both of those situations, and would that make Prestonsburg think twice about those guys.

Brandon Gearheart is an intriguing name in all of this. I thought he did a great job with the boys in the one season he had, and I never understood what happened there with him either. Seems like these coaching jobs don't seem to have much stability. I do know Gearheart wants to coach and he is younger than those other three, so stability would be there with him, plus I would imagine he'd have Justin Allen back as an assistant and he would go a long way towards getting the pride back in Prestonsburg basketball. I hope Gearheart gets that opportunity again.
Neither Brent nor Dougie left Floyd County for any fault of their own. 

As for Brandon, I agree, he’s also a good candidate. Had one season where he had a winning record and the players loved him. I was on his staff and still to this day none of us really know what happened to cause the change. 

All I can say is that any of the 3 above get the job, Prestonsburg will be fine and I’d be open to helping. I have a good relationship with them all and feel they each bring qualities to a program that needs stability.
https://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/k...bk17/52090

Delusion is a heckuva drug, huh Ring’Em up. 5 games below .500… A losing record against District and Region opponents.

Brent Rose literally was on game film saying some things you shouldn’t say. Dougie left Adams for Betsy Layne HS Girls job, then left there.
No downgrading anyone and not sure what team you’re talking about, I just love my Bobcats. I love to see Floyd County on top and everyone should step up to pull there own weight and let’s make Floyd County great again.
(04-29-2024, 10:48 AM)-STAT- Wrote: Have it from a good source that the summer ball schedule, and off season program that had been put together has all been canceled, which would be a strong indicator that the coach is no longer there, even though that hasn't been made official yet. If that is the case, why just up and cancel everything? Leave it in place for the next coach, the summer ball schedule at least, bc it's going to be tough to get into team camps the longer this drags out.  I understand maybe moving around any practice schedules so other teams within the school can get more gym time to practice. If Chase has no intentions of coming back, he needs to let the administration know, or maybe the administration needs to find out, if they haven't already. It really seems like this is being handled poorly by both sides.
Thanks for letting me know.  I will let Coach and Coaches know to cancel open gym tonight and the rest of this week and the Summer games we have on schedule.  Appreciate the info.  Please thank your source me.

None of my business, but just curious if Parsley is holding these practices? Or is it by the other coaches?
Was told by one of the players they haven’t spoke or laid eyes on Parsley since their last game. Said the assistants are running things, now that’s coming from a 16 year old kid so who knows, but I tend to believe the boy
(05-01-2024, 02:17 PM)TheDick's-n-Karl's Wrote:

None of my business, but just curious if Parsley is holding these practices? Or is it by the other coaches?

I would assume the assistant coaches if Parsley isn't anywhere to be seen.
(05-01-2024, 04:04 PM)-STAT- Wrote:

As of today, Parsley’s name isn’t on the list of those who have “signed up” for the supplemental positions.
(05-01-2024, 04:11 PM)BCF4L Wrote:

As of today, Parsley’s name isn’t on the list of those who have “signed up” for the supplemental positions.

Any clue of who has signed up?
(04-25-2024, 09:37 PM)Sportscritic79 Wrote: Harold Tackett will be new coach
Bobby Varney may want that job.
(05-01-2024, 04:15 PM)Colonel4Life1999 Wrote:
(05-01-2024, 04:11 PM)BCF4L Wrote:
(04-29-2024, 05:04 PM)Thomas Nairn Wrote: Thanks for letting me know.  I will let Coach and Coaches know to cancel open gym tonight and the rest of this week and the Summer games we have on schedule.  Appreciate the info.  Please thank your source me.

Any clue of who has signed up?
It’s two names that have been mentioned as potentially having interest in it. I’d prefer not to go into specifics just yet until the posting closes in the event applicants decide to pull out prior to it ending. But it’s not any surprise names yet.
It will be tough to find a quality Coach this late in the game, there Coach handcuffed the administration by waiting as long as he has. We here in Bobcat land hope it gets better for the kids sake, hoping he returns at this point so they don’t have to start over.
Parsley officially stepped down this morning. Informed the players via text message.
Well we saw it coming.

Who has applied thus far?
(05-02-2024, 12:13 PM)TheDick's-n-Karl's Wrote: Parsley officially stepped down this morning. Informed the players via text message.

Well now that it is officially official, wonder who will apply?
Harold Tackett
Justin Allen
Mason Hall
Derrick Newsome???

Those are names that would make sense to me
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(05-02-2024, 01:31 PM)Spud6 Wrote: Harold Tackett
Justin Allen
Mason Hall
Derrick Newsome???

Don't think I'd go the direction w/ Harold, but they easily could, just saying I'd rather go the route of bringing in someone younger. 
Don't know much about Justin Allen other than I guess he was an assistant a few years back. 
If Derrick Newsome shows interest I'd run the other direction. 
That leaves Mason Hall, he's coached at just about every level around here from elementary to college. I'm sure he would like to have a crack at a high school job of his own. 

They could even go the Belfry route and hire someone out of house. It'll be interesting to see what happens, but they need to make a hire rather quickly.
Justin Allen
Mason Hall
Derrick Newsome???

I’m not applying. 

I think you’ll see Brandon Gearheart, Doug Hopkins and Harold Tackett. I imagine one of those 3 will be chosen. If the administration has their way, Tackett gets it. If the parents have their way, I think it’s Doug. Just how I see it based on the information I’m picking up.
(05-02-2024, 01:44 PM)BCF4L Wrote:
Justin Allen
Mason Hall
Derrick Newsome???

I’m not applying. 

I think you’ll see Brandon Gearheart, Doug Hopkins and Harold Tackett. I imagine one of those 3 will be chosen. If the administration has their way, Tackett gets it. If the parents have their way, I think it’s Doug. Just how I see it based on the information I’m picking up.

I think out of those 3, I'd have to choose Gearheart. He wasn't there long in his first stint but had some success.
(05-02-2024, 01:44 PM)BCF4L Wrote:
Justin Allen
Mason Hall
Derrick Newsome???

I’m not applying. 

If I was choosing between those 3 I'd choose Brandon Gearheart
#BBFL
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spud6's post:
  • -STAT-