Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Whitley county girls basketball
(08-07-2024, 02:42 PM)Varsityclub2004 Wrote:
(08-07-2024, 11:59 AM)shottaker23 Wrote:
(08-07-2024, 11:38 AM)da_dime Wrote:
(08-06-2024, 02:52 PM)shottaker23 Wrote:
(08-06-2024, 10:39 AM)da_dime Wrote: I think the 13th is a toss up between KC and NL. Collins and Nicholson are 1 and 2 in the region IMO. NL picked up some size over the summer based on what I was told by some people watching them over the summer.
Nl is your favorite but they haven’t picked up any size. I believe KC will implode too much team turmoil already. SL has picked up a strong rebounder, and Mabe should be a monster this season. I believe they will push NL by seasons end
Willing to provide a hint on this rebounder? If this is true it has not being talked about in the circles I frequent. But the circle is small haha
Can tell you 2. A former starter for SL who was the teams leading rebounder a couple of years ago is returning to the team and will be an immediate impact player for them and also have a new transfer in that will play minutes.
Clem?
Can't say the name until its official but not Clem, She will be a star at Corbin this year. This lady started for SL a couple of years ago and was a solid starter for them and prob their best defender. Hearing she is considering a return for her senior year which will be huge for SL and add maturity.
(08-07-2024, 03:31 PM)shottaker23 Wrote:
(08-07-2024, 11:38 AM)da_dime Wrote:
(08-06-2024, 02:52 PM)shottaker23 Wrote: Nl is your favorite but they haven’t picked up any size. I believe KC will implode too much team turmoil already. SL has picked up a strong rebounder, and Mabe should be a monster this season. I believe they will push NL by seasons end
Willing to provide a hint on this rebounder? If this is true it has not being talked about in the circles I frequent. But the circle is small haha
Can tell you 2. A former starter for SL who was the teams leading rebounder a couple of years ago is returning to the team and will be an immediate impact player for them and also have a new transfer in that will play minutes.
Clem?
Can't say the name until its official but not Clem, She will be a star at Corbin this year. This lady started for SL a couple of years ago and was a solid starter for them and prob their best defender. Hearing she is considering a return for her senior year which will be huge for SL and add maturity.
So did this happen? Did she return? Also is it true that if a kid transfers out of state they don’t have to wait for eligibility ?
(09-12-2024, 01:16 AM)Varsityclub2004 Wrote:
(08-07-2024, 11:38 AM)da_dime Wrote: Willing to provide a hint on this rebounder? If this is true it has not being talked about in the circles I frequent. But the circle is small haha
Clem?
So did this happen? Did she return? Also is it true that if a kid transfers out of state they don’t have to wait for eligibility ?
Do not think the kid transferring from out of state and not having to wait for eligibility holds water because if I am not mistaken a kid transferred in from WV when the new football coach was hired at Corbin and the last I heard on that he wasn’t eligible yet. I would imagine the same rules apply to basketball. Could be wrong though.
(Yesterday, 06:32 PM)da_dime Wrote:
(08-07-2024, 11:59 AM)shottaker23 Wrote: Can tell you 2. A former starter for SL who was the teams leading rebounder a couple of years ago is returning to the team and will be an immediate impact player for them and also have a new transfer in that will play minutes.
Clem?
Do not think the kid transferring from out of state and not having to wait for eligibility holds water because if I am not mistaken a kid transferred in from WV when the new football coach was hired at Corbin and the last I heard on that he wasn’t eligible yet. I would imagine the same rules apply to basketball. Could be wrong though.
I was just curious. The transfer issue is crazy and I’m hearing of more to come. One may be out of switching out of state.
(Yesterday, 10:18 PM)Varsityclub2004 Wrote:
(Yesterday, 06:32 PM)da_dime Wrote:
(08-07-2024, 02:42 PM)Varsityclub2004 Wrote: Clem?
I was just curious. The transfer issue is crazy and I’m hearing of more to come. One may be out of switching out of state.
I was just going on what I have seen on here about the Corbin football player from WV having some problems getting eligible and figured the same rule would apply to out of state basketball player as well. He may be now though. Have not seen an update on it though. But I know he just didn't come in and start playing.