Poll: Who wins it
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Belfry
95.08%
Central
4.92%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry vs. Central -- Class AAA State Championship
:Cheerlead Well said:Cheerlead
coolcat Wrote:Belfry will win the AAA State Championship on Friday. Nothing againt Central, but these kids from Belfry are Champions in every meaning of the word. This group of seniors began as State Champions and will end their carrer as State Champions. These Kids have Heart, Determination, they play the game with Passion and Excitement. Great group of kids!
Word of warning for Belfry fans: Don't think this game is a foregone conclusion. Belfry will need to be at their best against Central. Forget about the JC/Central game....and forget about the Belfry/JC game. Central is big, fast and itching to make a name for themselves. While they've never been this far in the playoffs....and yes....nerves will be a factor at least coming out the gate.....they're definitely not to be overlooked.

In the eyes of the Central players...my guess is they think this one is a no brainer....in their favor. They've played a difficult schedule....played some historically strong teams very close....and despite Belfry's record...probably feel like they can take the Pirates. Belfry needs to come into this one with same nasty, smash mouth approach they've taken all year. IMO, Haywood is the REAL difference maker in this one.
It is
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:Word of warning for Belfry fans: Don't think this game is a foregone conclusion. Belfry will need to be at their best against Central. Forget about the JC/Central game....and forget about the Belfry/JC game. Central is big, fast and itching to make a name for themselves. While they've never been this far in the playoffs....and yes....nerves will be a factor at least coming out the gate.....they're definitely not to be overlooked.

In the eyes of the Central players...my guess is they think this one is a no brainer....in their favor. They've played a difficult schedule....played some historically strong teams very close....and despite Belfry's record...probably feel like they can take the Pirates. Belfry needs to come into this one with same nasty, smash mouth approach they've taken all year. IMO, Haywood is the REAL difference maker in this one.

IDK JC beat central by 4TDS.... And we stomped Jc i know that it really dosnt mean to much, but Central is going to thave there hands full the The Big Red Machine!
Sarrr Wrote:This could be the best team we play this season. Or it could be SSDD. Either way, I'm glad we'll be there, and the boys will give it everything I'm sure. TBH that's all we can ask.

Apparently Central has some good talent, but they are all extremes: small but quick skill personel, big but slow linemen. Belfry's strength this season is in the fact that pretty much all our pirates are quick AND pack a punch. It's like you're playing against a whole team of linebackers.

In the end, I think we'll be fast enough to keep Central's speed demons in check, and that we'll be too strong as a TEAM for them. We've steamrolled almost everyone else this year, and I don't see the Big Red Machine slowing down for this one either. I underestimated the score tonight, so I'll go a little bigger for this one:

Belfry - 49
Central - 28
I agree tottaly, The Big Red Machine will not stop for anyone, it should be a clost game, but thats what everyone thought about BC....
Belfry all the way Central is fast, but belfry is both fast and strong, i see central starting strong, but tiring out fast trying to keep up with the big red machine
I know that Belfry won't take Central lightly but I would expect their best. Belfry wins this one by 2+ touchdowns.
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:Word of warning for Belfry fans: Don't think this game is a foregone conclusion. Belfry will need to be at their best against Central. Forget about the JC/Central game....and forget about the Belfry/JC game. Central is big, fast and itching to make a name for themselves. While they've never been this far in the playoffs....and yes....nerves will be a factor at least coming out the gate.....they're definitely not to be overlooked.

I know it's hard to judge a team by comparing how they played against someone else an how you played against that team, but from what I saw on the JC/central film is this, after central got hit in the mouth hard a few times, they started walking on and off the field, walking in an out of the huddle, basically just gave up... I got news for Central, if they thought Johnson Central hit hard, they are in for a world of hurt, Because Belfry is by far a harder hitting team that JC...
For Central to be such a big Rushing offense team, they dont have all that many yards on the ground compared to Belfry...Team Total Statistcs- Central
(Season-to-Date)Points Scored-411, Points Allowed-288, Total Rushing Yards-2293, Total Rushing Yards Allowed-1835, Total Passing Yards-1704, Total Passing Yards Allowed-780
Team Total Statistcs-Belfry
(Season-to-Date)Points Scored-548, Points Allowed-147, Total Rushing Yards-4213, Total Rushing Yards Allowed-1225, Total Passing Yards-535, Total Passing Yards Allowed-896.
Belfry's stats are without the Breathitt Co. on them yet. Also Belfry managed these numbers with the starters only playing just a little more than half the game...
Belfry by a TD.
I still like Belfry in this one. even after the arguements. Belfry!!
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
anyone who wants to watch the central and tilghman game here is the link to it
http://www.wpsdtv.com
this should give you some ideal what central has to offer
:Cheerlead Belfry by at least two touchdowns, but i do think it will be a battle to the wire!!!
kyr450 Wrote:For Central to be such a big Rushing offense team, they dont have all that many yards on the ground compared to Belfry...Team Total Statistcs- Central
(Season-to-Date)Points Scored-411, Points Allowed-288, Total Rushing Yards-2293, Total Rushing Yards Allowed-1835, Total Passing Yards-1704, Total Passing Yards Allowed-780
(Season-to-Date)Points Scored-548, Points Allowed-147, Total Rushing Yards-4213, Total Rushing Yards Allowed-1225, Total Passing Yards-535, Total Passing Yards Allowed-896.
Belfry's stats are without the Breathitt Co. on them yet. Also Belfry managed these numbers with the starters only playing just a little more than half the game...

Because they play a murderous non-district schedule.

If the Central team who led Highlands 13-0 in the 4th quarter shows up, then we'll have a ballgame.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I do think that alot of people are vastly underestimating how good Central is. This is probably the most athletic team in the entire state, and they will bring speed that we haven't seen at Belfry in a loooong time.

Instead of looking at the Johnson central score from Week 8 when they traveled 4 hours to play a team they knew very little about, it would probably be wiser to take the approach of looking at Week 11 when they played in Louisville against Highlands and should have beat the Bluebirds.

Fact of the matter is, Central played the state's toughest schedule and took alot of losses,,, regardless of how good you are, when you lose as many as you win, your confidence will reflect your outcomes. For the first time this season Central is able to play with confidence after stringing together 4 straight wins following that very close loss to Highlands.

We will need our A-game to beat Central... When Belfry isn't totally focused our tackling and blocking are the first things that suffers. If we don't tackle they will break looong plays off that we will be unable to catch them from behind, and their biggest defensive strength is their D-Tackles and LB's, they will cause us alot of problems if we don't block well.

I agree with you. You seem to have the inside track. They are very physical and big. We will definitely have our discipline as a team on our side also. Our coaches will have us prepared and as you said we will have to bring our A game. I do believe we will win but it will be an earned win not another blow out. Hey, a victory by 1 point is all it will take for a 3rd State Title!!!!
If it makes anyone feel better,, I work with a ref that has reffed a Belfry game and has seen Central play.. his pick??????????/ Belfry by 40 points...
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
By no means ever underestimate your opponent. However, with the talent and size that Belfry has you all shouldn't have any problems. Ita all about the possesion of the ball. If its a spread offense, "time on offense" is your all's best defense. "Five and dime" them to death. Breathitt was suppose to be a spectacular throwing team. Team stats showed you all having the ball way longer and a lot of running yards. Turnovers didn't help them any either. I say Belfry by at least 3 touchdowns.
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
I agree Belfry by at least 2 td's. but we will have to show up and play that BELFRY SMASH MOUTH FOOTBALL
Actually, I'd say that our best defense is our starting D, which has prevented over half the teams they've played from first half points this season. If we can make it to halftime with a 14-0 score, then come the 3rd quarter Central will fall apart. Even in our close games, Belfry has had an explosion after the half, or near it. Our kids scored twice in the last minute of the 2nd Q against Breathitt, which was just demoralizing (it WAS tied until that point). A 28 point 3rd was the nail in the coffin. Sheldon Clark stayed close in the regular season until a 21-0 3rd. Johnson Central gave up half of our points for that game in the 3rd. Belfry's always been a 3rd quarter team. Once our coaches see how the opposition lines up against the Pirates and can make some small adjustments, the boys come out and stomp the opposition after the half. It's been that way as far back as I remember.

I'm sure Russell remembers their championship season, they blew us away in the first half, but we came back and almost won the game in the 2nd half. Darned illegal motion rule shouldn't exist I say Tongue
Ive played personally against each team...
Belfry- Big strong hit you in the mouth
Central-LOTS of SPEED. Mostly an air born attack..

Belfry in a close one...42-38
welcome JCMADMAN glad to have you here.
Capt. DH Wrote:I know that Belfry won't take Central lightly but I would expect their best. Belfry wins this one by 2+ touchdowns.
Idk I think it is going to be more than 2 Tds
Belfry by at lest 3 TDS if not more
Belfry by 14
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I do think that alot of people are vastly underestimating how good Central is. This is probably the most athletic team in the entire state, and they will bring speed that we haven't seen at Belfry in a loooong time.

Instead of looking at the Johnson central score from Week 8 when they traveled 4 hours to play a team they knew very little about, it would probably be wiser to take the approach of looking at Week 11 when they played in Louisville against Highlands and should have beat the Bluebirds.

Fact of the matter is, Central played the state's toughest schedule and took alot of losses,,, regardless of how good you are, when you lose as many as you win, your confidence will reflect your outcomes. For the first time this season Central is able to play with confidence after stringing together 4 straight wins following that very close loss to Highlands.

We will need our A-game to beat Central... When Belfry isn't totally focused our tackling and blocking are the first things that suffers. If we don't tackle they will break looong plays off that we will be unable to catch them from behind, and their biggest defensive strength is their D-Tackles and LB's, they will cause us alot of problems if we don't block well.
Its the state championships... are you going tosay the belfry is going to come to the game with out an amazing state of mind?
Central should have good confindence... they have play a O.K season. but the Pirates have played the best season That the Pond Creek Nation may have ever seen.

Belfry By a LANDSlIDE!!!!!!!!
kyr450 Wrote:For Central to be such a big Rushing offense team, they dont have all that many yards on the ground compared to Belfry...Team Total Statistcs- Central

That probabley has ALOT to do with their schedule. Highlands, Manual, Male. Those are 3 VERY GOOD football temas that can mess with stats.
It's natural for the fans to be overconfident..most fans are that way. Haywood will have the boys just as focused as always. Belfry is the hometeam on the scoreboard and will wear home jerseys, and I say they will wear those RED Pants too...most Piratefans know why the Red pants are significant...

This game scares me somewhat if they match up so well with us. I think that we are physical enough to beat them, It helps that this is not our first trip here as well.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Red Pants????????
Belfry takes this one
New thread sticky in the Football forum

Central says they will win it all.....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]