Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central Program Under Investigation by KHSAA
The sad thing about it, Ohio has double the schools with football programs and only have 3 classes. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that's what the Lex Herald said at the beginnin of the season.
Didn't a former JC player go thru this same thing a couple years ago. Chat Yates transferred to Pburg, he moved in with his mom in Floyd County but she wasn't his legal gaurdian.
Lawrence Co.
Belfry has went thru this also some years back.

It seems if you WIN you are subject to investigation.. if you are loosing,, well then they usually dont give a rats hindend what happens to the kid.... No wants to complain if they are winning but let someone else beat ya and it straight to the BIG COMMISH for ya.
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
cougar14 Wrote:Lawrence Co.

:confused: What are you talking about?
cougar14 Wrote:Lawrence Co.

What are you referring to here?
Redneck Wrote:The sad thing about it, Ohio has double the schools with football programs and only have 3 classes. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that's what the Lex Herald said at the beginnin of the season.

I don't know if they have football consisting of Class in Ohio. I know they play in a division system. They have 6 divisions.
Kayaker Wrote:I have heard two seperate things. I first heard Paintsville wouldnt release him and I have also heard that Lawrence Co. wouldnt release him. I dont think that its Lawrence as much as Paintsville. Correct me if Im wrong, but did he every move out of Johnson Co. when he transferred to LC. Cause if he didnt Paintsville would be the only one who would have a say about whether he plays or not. This kid moved from McCreary Co. He was not already a resident of Johnson Co. like Casey Brown was therefore he had a bona fide move.

That dosen't even factor into eligibility requirements. There isn't anything about releasing in the determining of a players eligibility. KHSAA has bylaws that have to be followed by the schools.
kyrifle Wrote:I don't know if they have football consisting of Class in Ohio. I know they play in a division system. They have 6 divisions.

Let's stay on topic and that's JC under investigation. No more post on how the playoff system in KY is setup. If you would like, create a seperate thread for the discussion. Also, there will be no bashing of teams with losing records that make the playoffs. Those kids bust their behinds more than the majority of armchair quarterbacks that post on here criticizing them do. Leave it at that.
magic man Wrote:That dosen't even factor into eligibility requirements. There isn't anything about releasing in the determining of a players eligibility. KHSAA has bylaws that have to be followed by the schools.
I have read through all of these posts. I want to try to make something as clear as possible. There is no such thing as a school releasing an athlete to play at another school. Maybe in the past this was true. But, now the KHSAA is the place where eligibility of an athlete comes from.
So, one school could say that an athlete can transfer and play at a new school. If the powers that be at the KHSAA say no then the athlete does not play.
End of story.
The Guru Wrote:Talk about 2 many teams making play-offs!!! Only 3 teams in the state are not eligible fpr play-offs and in 6A, only 4 teams won't make it, 5A has only 4 teams that won't, 4A will have 3 teams absent, 3A has 7 teams that won't punch a ticket, 2A will see only 1 team sit out, and class A has 9 teams staying home!!! Rediculous!!!
All about the Benjiman's!!!
So what!!! Every team gets to play post season games in all the other sports so what is the big deal with football having a lot of playoff games. This gives all the kids a shot at post season play!!!!
Anyone heard anything new from practice today? Playoffs should be set in stone after tomorrow nights games if they already aren't in most cases. If nothing comes about this by tomorrow night around kickoff, JC should have nothing to worry about. I hope it stays that way.
bball fan Wrote:So what!!! Every team gets to play post season games in all the other sports so what is the big deal with football having a lot of playoff games. This gives all the kids a shot at post season play!!!!

Well I can see where he is coming from. There was a day and time when teams had to earn there way to the playoffs. With the current alignment some teams can loose every game and still make the playoffs. I think that it deminishes the distinction of being a district champion and regional champion. I know thats decided by the playoffs. Theoretically a team could loose all there games and be district champion. Now does that sound like a good idea?
Redneck Wrote:How come Casey Brown couldn't get eligible this year but this kid did?

I was told that Lawrence County would not release him.
Old School Wrote:I was told that Lawrence County would not release him.
Again, schools have NO control over who plays where. They can protest the eligibilty of an athlete but can not "release" an athlete.
Try this, go to your local high school and ask them to see this release form that everyone on here is talking about. Or, call the KHSAA and ask them where you can get one. They do not exist.
I do not always agree with the rules. But if people would get a better understanding of the rules before they change schools there would be a lot less of these investigations. Coaches know or should know these rules. There are manditory rules clinics at the begining of every sports season that cover them. So, there is no excuse for coaches. Parents and athletes are not always as well informed.
If this situation was just a paper mix-up then there should be nothing to worry about. It should be cleared up in a day or so. We'll just have to wait and see. I hope everything is cleared up for the kids sake.
I understand that rules are rules and they help to make the game more fair for each team, but what ever happened to the days of playing hard nosed ball on the grid-iron and leaving it on the grid-iron and none of this bs of who can play where and when they can play. If an athelete goes to school, isn't failing any classes, doesn't get in trouble while in school, and works hard to be the best athelete they can be the let them play. Rules that keep an athlete from playing football just because he moved or switched schools could end up giving that student more of a chance to get into trouble b/c he's not occupied with football.

:rules: :policeman
SamuelAdams Wrote:Again, schools have NO control over who plays where. They can protest the eligibilty of an athlete but can not "release" an athlete.
Try this, go to your local high school and ask them to see this release form that everyone on here is talking about. Or, call the KHSAA and ask them where you can get one. They do not exist.
I do not always agree with the rules. But if people would get a better understanding of the rules before they change schools there would be a lot less of these investigations. Coaches know or should know these rules. There are manditory rules clinics at the begining of every sports season that cover them. So, there is no excuse for coaches. Parents and athletes are not always as well informed.
If this situation was just a paper mix-up then there should be nothing to worry about. It should be cleared up in a day or so. We'll just have to wait and see. I hope everything is cleared up for the kids sake.

I think that you are taking the word "release" out of context. Lets put it this way, Lawrence Co. strongly "protested" this kids eligibility. Which in my mind, means that wouldnt allow or release him to play for another school other than Lawrence Co., thus Casey Brown isnt eligible to play at JC. That is the point we are trying to get across.
Kayaker Wrote:I think that you are taking the word "release" out of context. Lets put it this way, Lawrence Co. strongly "protested" this kids eligibility. Which in my mind, means that wouldnt allow or release him to play for another school other than Lawrence Co., thus Casey Brown isnt eligible to play at JC. That is the point we are trying to get across.
What I don't seem to be getting across is that it does not matter how much a school protests or says it's ok. If the KHSAA says a kid can not play the school they left has no say in the matter. If the KHSAA says a kid can not play the school they left still has no say in the matter. If the school they left protests they need to have evidence that the athlete has not met all the rules regarding transfer. From what I know about the Brown he did not meet all of the rules.
The kid wanted to move from Paintsville to JC. They knew Paintsville would raise a stink if he went to Central, so he went to Lawrence Co first. He never played for Lawrence. Then he went to JC. Billy Goldsmith had nothing to do with what is going on now.
Sounds to me like the kids or his parents have got some real issues. They've not only ruined his year, if not his four years in high school but they've gambled on ruining a schools entire season. They've been to three schools in under a year within 25 miles of each other. It's sad for the other kids on Johnson Central's team that have worked hard.
lawrencefan Wrote:The kid wanted to move from Paintsville to JC. They knew Paintsville would raise a stink if he went to Central, so he went to Lawrence Co first. He never played for Lawrence. Then he went to JC. Billy Goldsmith had nothing to do with what is going on now.

I highly doubt Coach Allen would care if a child decided to leave his program on his own free will...I think the biggest problem is that there was no change in physical address or something of that extent.
Watchful Eye Wrote:Sounds to me like the kids or his parents have got some real issues. They've not only ruined his year, if not his four years in high school but they've gambled on ruining a schools entire season. They been to three schools in under a year within 25 miles of each other. It sad for the other kids on Johnson Central''s team that have worked hard.

Young Mr Brown is not part of the so-called investigation. i think he is who people are referring to as part of the whole Paintsville-LC-Jc deal.
Investigated or not, that's a little crazy to go to three different schools in under a year. It's bad enough on a kid to move in the middle of a school year but to move to play football three time within 25 miles of each location is just plain silly.
IRISH4 Wrote:I highly doubt Coach Allen would care if a child decided to leave his program on his own free will...I think the biggest problem is that there was no change in physical address or something of that extent.
Good post IRISH!! What alot of people need to take in is that the stupid behavior between Paintsville and Central fans/ supporters exists at the adult level. The kids act more like adults and actually get along. Most of the craziness comes from either parents or groupies that have nothing better to do. The coaches at both schools seem to be professionals in these situations.
I just wouldn't worry about Mr. Brown's situation. That boat has sailed a long time ago. I'm still curious if anything has been handed down yet from the kHSAA on the current topic that could effect their playoff picture as kickoff to tonight's game is getting closer and closer as we speak.
Watchful Eye Wrote:Investigated or not, that's a little crazy to go to three different schools in under a year. It's bad enough on a kid to move in the middle of a school year but to move to play football three time within 25 miles of each location is just plain silly.

Hey there Mr. Eye, I am going to plead with you on something. Please at least one time know what you are talking about before you throw your two cents in on something. There has not been the first person post on here that truley knows anything at all about what is going on and why it is going on, but you would think that they know everything. Brown has sat his whole entire year out now, and is no part of any investigation, so that should be the end of the conversation on that subject.

There are certain health issues that must be attended to by his family members that dictate doing a lot of what has been done. That's all that needs to be said.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Hey there Mr. Eye, I am going to plead with you on something. Please at least one time know what you are talking about before you throw your two cents in on something. There has not been the first person post on here that truley knows anything at all about what is going on and why it is going on, but you would think that they know everything. Brown has sat his whole entire year out now, and is no part of any investigation, so that should be the end of the conversation on that subject.

There are certain health issues that must be attended to by his family members that dictate doing a lot of what has been done. That's all that needs to be said.

I would be interested in hearing what makes you any more qualified to post information in this thread. You seem to say that no one knows what is going on. Help us understand then.
SamuelAdams Wrote:I have read through all of these posts. I want to try to make something as clear as possible. There is no such thing as a school releasing an athlete to play at another school. Maybe in the past this was true. But, now the KHSAA is the place where eligibility of an athlete comes from.
So, one school could say that an athlete can transfer and play at a new school. If the powers that be at the KHSAA say no then the athlete does not play.
End of story.

Thank you, for your explaination.
I was beginning to think that I was the only one on here who knew there was no such thing a a school releasing a player.
One other question I would like to have cleared up. Does anyone know who the player is that is in question?

Seems like there is a name being brought up but I am honestly cloudy on who exactly is the ineligible player.
Midee1 Wrote:One other question I would like to have cleared up. Does anyone know who the player is that is in question?

Seems like there is a name being brought up but I am honestly cloudy on who exactly is the ineligible player.

Ryan Harlow