Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Johnson Central
50.00%
Corbin
50.00%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Johnson Central @ Corbin 11/19 4A 3rd Round Playoffs
(11-14-2021, 09:38 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(11-14-2021, 08:53 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote:
(11-13-2021, 10:18 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(11-13-2021, 05:05 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote: First time I have picked against Corbin all year but I’ll take JC in a classic!

Jack, you are getting old lol. You picked Franklin to beat us in that matchup.....35-17. LOLOLOL. I respect your opinions though and picks. Go Boyle!!! Hopefully this want be the last time you pick against us this year LOL.  Smile

(11-13-2021, 08:10 PM)Gold River Wrote: Can’t hardly wait till Friday night

You will have to look me up pregame Gold River. Safe travels ole buddy! At least we will have some good weather so far. Unlike last year.

How long did it take you to dig that up, I guess I stand corrected so for the 2nd time this year I’ll pick against Corbin, I guess I’ll call you and your Mathematician out on how wrong you were on the RPI by the end of the season, so I guess we both stand corrected !!! ?
That's only if the playoffs started today. You are right that Corbin will have 4 home games as long as we win out, but I'm not sold on Boyle being the top RPI just yet either. If they lose one game, after a Math guru just told me, then it all changes. Boyle is at there highest RPI right now, they will lose points every week. Wait and see. Corbin will climb every week. By the end of the last night like always we will know for sure who is on top. But if Boyle wins out, they will stay where they are at, the top. But I wouldn't rule Corbin out as the #1 seed until its set in stone. 

Here is my quote from earlier in the year, how do I need to correct myself?  Big Grin

Jack Lambert
Head Coach
Threads: 82
Likes Given: 115
#509-20-2021, 07:18 PM
I would think if Boyle wins out they will be the #1 seed in 4A, but that’s a big if they still have Lexington Catholic to play and Fredrick Douglas at seasons end.

Wasn't trying to ruffle your feathers friend, just saying you had picked against us already LOL No big deal, I picked against Boyle myself and it came back to bite me in the arse. Hopefully you will lose your pick Ole buddy. I hope this isn't the last time this year you pick against Corbin......
Don't the RPIs freeze at the end of the regular season?  My understanding was that any playoff games didn't affect them at all.

From KHSAA RPI FAQ: Do RPI calculations include postseason games?
  • No. Calculations stop the last day of the regular season.
Why do postseason games not count?
  • If we were to factor in postseason, the impact of seeding skews the data.

• In approximately 2/3 of districts in all sports except football, and in all football districts, postseason play is seeded.

• The teams in a higher-seeded position could be inherently disadvantaged in that they would almost always play a four-seed (or lower) whose WP and probably OWP would be lower, making further comparisons inaccurate.

Unless all this was an old post from before the end of the season. If so, my apologies.
Jack and I was just digging up bones. Don't pay any attention to us about the rpi stuff we was talking about. You are correct, it is now what it is and what your posted is dead on. We was reffering to something that was said back in early September when the rpi first came out and I made a comment, which I posted above and I posted Jacks comment. Nothing there but ground standing LOL.
[-] The following 2 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • Diogenes, Jack Lambert
This is unscientific but solid reasoning. Hoot and Jet are picking JC so that makes this one an easy pick since they are insanely wrong about everything in the universe. Listen to these words and remember where you heard them: Johnson Central will NOT leave Corbin with a win.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Sgt Slaughter
Corbin - 42
JC -14

Corbin on another level this year. Only Comp they have is Boyle.
(11-14-2021, 03:09 AM)Diogenes Wrote: Is that real grass I see in the game footage at Corbin's field?  I miss real grass football in November. Looking forward to seeing a new place for football Friday night. If it is real, it appears to be in great condition for this time of year.  I see mostly sunny this week, maybe some rain on Thursday in the forecast. Has the weather factored in field conditions any this year?
Yep. Real grass. To my knowledge, weather hasn’t affected it. They do a really good job with the grass there
[-] The following 2 users Like Hound05's post:
  • BEChargers, Diogenes
(11-14-2021, 04:11 PM)The Outsider Wrote: Any chance that Huff plays any on the defensive side of the ball this week?
Hell I’d let him play safety. At least he’ll go 100%. Yea I said it!!
Corbin 35-21
(11-13-2021, 08:05 PM)Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:
(11-13-2021, 07:57 PM)Sgt Slaughter Wrote:
(11-13-2021, 07:08 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Earlier in the season I would have said Corbin by three scores. Now, I 'm not so sure. Corbin hasn't been able to stop a cold . Can they rise up and stop potent offense like JC?
Can’t stop a cold, Yet we’re undefeated? Doesn’t surprise me though. No matter what we do , we still have so called “redhounds” bashing our D. Do I believe JC will put up yards?, yep. They’re a great team. I also believe we can stop them as well. Gonna be a fight no matter what. I guess what you should’ve asked is can JC stop our potent offense and special teams. #onceahoundalwaysahound

The answer to that is no they cant stop our offense if we call the right plays.  But with that being said, they can limit our offense and that will be the approach that they take.  We have to make some adjustments and approach this game differently or it may be the last week we can make those said adjustments.  Do I think we have the personal to win this game, yes but will we use them.
They’ll be able to stop daddy’s boy, I highly doubt they’ll be able to stop that tank #22
[-] The following 1 user Likes Grumpy57's post:
  • Sgt Slaughter
(11-14-2021, 04:30 AM)Mister D Wrote: This game probably comes down to turnovers. JC is going to wear Corbin down with the running attack but Corbin has the ability to hit some explosive plays all over the field. Whoever can force a couple of fumbles or interceptions will win.

With  Corbin's depth, I don't see anybody wearing them down.
(11-14-2021, 03:21 PM)jamesclay Wrote: Johnson Central is going to put Corbin on a running clock.
Can you read between the lines? Your daddy ****** ** in a flower pot and raised a bloomin' idiot.
[-] The following 3 users Like pjdoug's post:
  • 606CATS, Hound05, TD Hounds
Last years JC defense was overly underrated. Yea their offense was great. But man that defense, while no player stood out, was amazingly disciplined. And we had some play calling issues last year. While they were good, a good spread would beat them. And it did. This year, while they have a good defense, it’s no where near as good as last years. I’ve watched some games, and they have some holes. Thankfully, those weaknesses are our strengths. As long as we don’t do the same crap we pulled last year. At this point in the season, you have to dance with the girl you brought.

But on the other side, we’ve shown some weaknesses in certain games. I do think they we play better against offenses that are either predominantly run or pass. Not both. While we have shown things against the run that would have you feeling uneasy. Look at
Those games, and you’ll see that we were playing back for the pass. So hopefully we will be able to slow, not stop, the run game. I don’t know if anyone can stop them fr My running.

But it’s gonna take 11 players on defense giving it 100%. Not 10. 11!! We’ll see who has HEART on defense Friday. If they do, we’ll win. Plain and simple. If they get their bell rung by #65 and start running away or laying down. I think we’ll lose.

We have the weapons to beat anyone on it offense. I don’t think they will stop us from scoring. We also have the weapons to beat anyone on defense, but it’s hard to beat an 11 man great offense with only 10 playing defense. We’ll find out soon enough.
(11-15-2021, 01:11 AM)Hound05 Wrote: Last years JC defense was overly underrated. Yea their offense was great. But man that defense, while no player stood out, was amazingly disciplined. And we had some play calling issues last year. While they were good, a good spread would beat them. And it did. This year, while they have a good defense, it’s no where near as good as last years. I’ve watched some games, and they have some holes. Thankfully, those weaknesses are our strengths. As long as we don’t do the same crap we pulled last year. At this point in the season, you have to dance with the girl you brought.

But on the other side, we’ve shown some weaknesses in certain games. I do think they we play better against offenses that are either predominantly run or pass. Not both. While we have shown things against the run that would have you feeling uneasy. Look at
Those games, and you’ll see that we were playing back for the pass. So hopefully we will be able to slow, not stop, the run game. I don’t know if anyone can stop them fr My running.

But it’s gonna take 11 players on defense giving it 100%. Not 10. 11!! We’ll see who has HEART on defense Friday. If they do, we’ll win. Plain and simple. If they get their bell rung by #65 and start running away or laying down. I think we’ll lose.

We have the weapons to beat anyone on it offense. I don’t think they will stop us from scoring. We also have the weapons to beat anyone on defense, but it’s hard to beat an 11 man great offense with only 10 playing defense. We’ll find out soon enough.

You have to dance with the girl ya brought, lol.. that might be a new go to one liner if I can steal it. Classic
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bossdaddy 4115's post:
  • Hound05
(11-15-2021, 01:11 AM)Hound05 Wrote: Last years JC defense was overly underrated. Yea their offense was great. But man that defense, while no player stood out, was amazingly disciplined. And we had some play calling issues last year. While they were good, a good spread would beat them. And it did. This year, while they have a good defense, it’s no where near as good as last years. I’ve watched some games, and they have some holes. Thankfully, those weaknesses are our strengths. As long as we don’t do the same crap we pulled last year. At this point in the season, you have to dance with the girl you brought.

"If" Corbin can limit Central's offense, They will have trouble with The Hounds. Corbin has too much speed and talent over the field, but if it's not used properly we know The Eagles can make it a long night for them with that power running attack.
(11-15-2021, 01:17 AM)Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote: Hound05

You have to dance with the girl ya brought, lol..  that might be a new go to one liner if I can steal it.  Classic
Trademark pending haha. But it’s the truth. Last year they brought the boring one man run game and seen the sexy and wild spread sitting over in the corner alone, and thought, why not? Well the reason for “why not” is you didn’t know the dance moves to stay with her. 

We are GREAT at what we do. Don’t get
tricky. Dance to the beat that we have been, throw some “Dougie” (wrinkles) in there here and there and see if they can stop it. I don’t think they can. Or they haven’t shown in past games they can. PCC, LCC, ans some others were able to move the ball passing. And they didn’t have close to the run game we do. Or the WR’s. What really killed them (I know they wouldn’t have won anyways) was getting behind the chains. You can’t do that against JC! They’re to fundamentally sound. 

Im no where near a coach, but after watching a few of their games, their defense is almost predictable. Go back and watch the first LCC game. Watch the LB’s in certain sets and what they do every time. Surely an actual coach will pick up on it too. 

someone said it earlier. This game could come down to turnovers. To great offenses, and defenses on both side with some vulnerabilities, one extra possession could be killer. There’s been a couple times a lineman tried to pick it up and run, or a punt returners muffed and tried to pick it up. FALL ON IT! Statistically we have a way better chance of scoring with our offense than punt return or fumble return.

Another thing…. I’m not using this as an excuse. But that long drive takes tolls on players. You can try to break it up and all of that. But a few hours bus ride not only takes a physical toll, but mental as well.
(11-15-2021, 01:04 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(11-14-2021, 03:21 PM)jamesclay Wrote: Johnson Central is going to put Corbin on a running clock.
Can you read between the lines? Your daddy ****** ** in a flower pot and raised a bloomin' idiot.
Big Grin Big Grin
Really thinking about driving from Louisville to come see this one. This will be one of the better games in the state if not the best. This will be a dog fight and as a fan I can't wait to see the score. That being said, until recently I would have said Corbin but I was very surprised by the Lincoln County performance. So... knowing that running teams embrace the cold much more easily and looking how momentum seems to be swinging, I'm gonna take JC in a tight one that comes down to the wire. I think they control the clock and slow the game down and frustrate Corbin just a little too much. Either way, good luck to both teams!

JC 21
Corbin 17
Rally the troops. I hear the battle cry!!!!!!!
Special teams will play a major role in this game.
JC is 10-2, but we are 9-1 in actual games played..... the two toughest teams we played in the regular season were Rock Creek Christian Academy from Maryland & Cahokia, Illinois, Belfry is third and Henry Clay & our four district opponents were down this year.

Corbin is 12-0 with all 12 being actual games played and not Covid cancellations & most of their wins are blow outs, but they've not played the SEC West either......
Christ School (Arden), North Carolina 4-5
Whitley County 2-9
Franklin County 9-3
Pulaski County 7-5
Somerset 2-9
Simon Kenton 2-9
Knox County 6-5
Campbell County 1-10
Lincoln County 6-7 (x2)
Wayne County 4-7 (x2)
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
[-] The following 1 user Likes Pulp Fiction's post:
  • HighViz
I have heard the game plan was to try to run the clock out and limit Corbins offensive possessions. Double down on our D Tackles……….
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Nygfan106wins
Big Grin Big Grin Dear lord you are something else Dougie, BGR should put you under contract, it would become a great bore lots of times without you…

My daddy is dead but my mommy told me Corbin hasn't actually played anyone yet and Johnson Central is going to expose that fact.
(11-15-2021, 11:50 AM)jamesclay Wrote:

My daddy is dead but my mommy told me Corbin hasn't actually played anyone yet and Johnson Central is going to expose that fact.
You'll never be half the man that your mommy is.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Hound05
(11-15-2021, 10:08 AM)Pulp Fiction Wrote: JC is 10-2, but we are 9-1 in actual games played..... the two toughest teams we played in the regular season were Rock Creek Christian Academy from Maryland & Cahokia, Illinois, Belfry is third and Henry Clay & our four district opponents were down this year.

Corbin is 12-0 with all 12 being actual games played and not Covid cancellations & most of their wins are blow outs, but they've not played the SEC West either......
Whitley County 2-9
Franklin County 9-3
Pulaski County 7-5
Somerset 2-9
Simon Kenton 2-9
Knox County 6-5
Campbell County 1-10
Lincoln County 6-7 (x2)
Wayne County 4-7 (x2)

Will you be playing music at this game? lol
(11-15-2021, 11:03 AM)TD Hounds Wrote:
Big Grin Big Grin Dear lord you are something else Dougie, BGR should put you under contract, it would become a great bore lots of times without you…

I try to liven the crowd up when I feel like it. lol
(11-15-2021, 09:58 AM)pjdoug Wrote: Special teams will play a major role in this game.
I agree. If we get within 40 and under we’ve gotta take a FG. I have total faith in that Baker boy. It very well could come down to a FG to win this one. As long as the snap-hold are good and the line block like they did against Lincoln he’ll put it through. The kids got ice water in his veins
(11-15-2021, 11:59 AM)pjdoug Wrote:

And your mommy will never forget the night we made you. Now run along son.
(11-15-2021, 12:03 PM)Sgt Slaughter Wrote:
(11-15-2021, 09:58 AM)pjdoug Wrote: Special teams will play a major role in this game.
I agree. If we get within 40 and under we’ve gotta take a FG. I have total faith in that Baker boy. It very well could come down to a FG to win this one. As long as the snap-hold are good and the line block like they did against Lincoln he’ll put it through. The kids got ice water in his veins

He can also pin them deep every time, and force them to put long drives together.  http://humphreybaker.com/contact-us My great grandmother was a Baker, and it was found out through DNA testing that my ancestor Milton Goins whom was born out of wedlock  was also a Baker.
(11-15-2021, 12:05 PM)jamesclay Wrote:
(11-15-2021, 11:59 AM)pjdoug Wrote:

And your mommy will never forget the night we made you. Now run along son.

LOL!
(11-15-2021, 12:01 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(11-15-2021, 10:08 AM)Pulp Fiction Wrote: JC is 10-2, but we are 9-1 in actual games played..... the two toughest teams we played in the regular season were Rock Creek Christian Academy from Maryland & Cahokia, Illinois, Belfry is third and Henry Clay & our four district opponents were down this year.

Whitley County 2-9
Franklin County 9-3
Pulaski County 7-5
Somerset 2-9
Simon Kenton 2-9
Knox County 6-5
Campbell County 1-10
Lincoln County 6-7 (x2)
Wayne County 4-7 (x2)

Will you be playing music at this game? lol
2018 I brought a sound system to Wayne County and played the JC fight song because the band couldn't make the trip.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
[-] The following 1 user Likes Pulp Fiction's post:
  • pjdoug
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next