Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Most Underrated & Overrated team
bigpun Wrote:P-burg is not horrible. They are a solid team with very good athletes. 22-8 is not drilling a team either. I don't know why you get on here and try to bring even more people against the football team when you aren't even associated with them.

I told him I was joking. Your posts turn people off more than anybody's with your attitude. Just once I would like to read one of your posts and not have to laugh and roll my eyes.SmileRolleyes
Tornado Wrote:Injury bug? I know last season the Panthers were plagued by injuries, but is this still an issue? If so, who is currently injured for Pikeville?
Pikeville was much worse off late in the summer before the season started, when they had something like 9/30 injured, but now I think 3 are injured, 2 of them would probably start.
EASports12 Wrote:Pikeville was much worse off late in the summer before the season started, when they had something like 9/30 injured, but now I think 3 are injured, 2 of them would probably start.

Who are the two who would start?
does any1 believe Letcher central is underrated
cougar_54 Wrote:does any1 believe Letcher central is underrated

Some teams may think so because there still a new school, and no one really knows anything about them, except the people that know mountain football.
Letcher Central has won two games against some teams that are on rough times right now. Let them win next week and then I think you have an argument for them being underrated.
thats what i was looking for GRIZZ..... cause i believe so. alot of ppl have benn giving us alot saying were the 2nd best team in letcher county and so has some jenkins ppl that i know saying that they had a better shot at beeting hazard thanus but they got beat just as bad..... hazard is a good ball club right now.
underrated- Breathitt. There defense is very good just ask Prestonsburg lol
overrated-Prestonsburg. They shouldn't be in the mountain top 10
bigpun Wrote:Hypothetically speaking, if Pikeville did get beat by the 4A #1 and the 3A #1, then how would that leave them as "overrated." Nobody expects a 1A team to beat these bigger teams except for the 1A team playing them. This statement of yours really makes no sense from an intellectual or football standpoint.

I never said if they didn't beat Belfry and Lex Cath they would be overrated. I said other people are gonna say that if they lose those games. You know good and well half the people on here would say that they were overrated, which like you said, makes no sense.
57th crazer Wrote:underrated- Breathitt. There defense is very good just ask Prestonsburg lol
overrated-Prestonsburg. They shouldn't be in the mountain top 10

The number 4 team in class 3A is underrated and the number 7 team in class 2A is overrated? That makes no since to me cause that underrated #4 3A team only beat that overrated #7 team by five points.
BlackcatFootball Wrote:The number 4 team in class 3A is underrated and the number 7 team in class 2A is overrated? That makes no since to me cause that underrated #4 3A team only beat that overrated #7 team by five points.

I agree, both of those teams were evenly matched. I would love to see a rematch.
jetpilot Wrote:Who are the two who would start?
Srs Charles Comer and Eric Shockey should both be back form knee surguries in early October. . .If they don't start, they most definatley will rotate at TE and OL, where there isn't a lot of depth.
Underrated- Johnson Central (state wide)
Overrated- Pikeville
I just love how everyone jumps on the overrated underrated bandwagon lmao
Redneck Wrote:I never said if they didn't beat Belfry and Lex Cath they would be overrated. I said other people are gonna say that if they lose those games. You know good and well half the people on here would say that they were overrated, which like you said, makes no sense.
It may be more than half of the people on here think they are overrated anyway.
bigpun Wrote:It may be more than half of the people on here think they are overrated anyway.

LOL, that's true too.
Belfry is two touchdowns better team than Sheldon Clark.
I may be wrong but Lex Catholic will really put a whipping on Pikeville.If they dont, the class a teams in Ky better watch out for Pikeville!!!
Pikeville is a very very good Class A team, regardless of what happens against the Lexington All-Stars. #1 4A is supposed to have no problems with a Class A team.
Thats what I just said.
Underrated-Er
Overrated-Pikeville
warriorfootballplaya Wrote:Underrated-Er
Overrated-Pikeville

:thatsfunn That's funny. Care to explain why ER is "underrated" and why Pikeville is "overrated".
To be honest I'm starting to think Pikeville isn't as good as I thought they were. As for East Ridge being underrated. They might be, but there not to the same level as most schools are in there district. But I think Coach Branham will have that team winning lots of games within the next three to five years.
blackcat_student Wrote:To be honest I'm starting to think Pikeville isn't as good as I thought they were. As for East Ridge being underrated. They might be, but there not to the same level as most schools are in there district. But I think Coach Branham will have that team winning lots of games within the next three to five years.

Why, because they got blown out by the #1 team in 4A and the #1 team in 3A. Belfry, JC and MAYBE Sheldon Clark are the only teams in this area that could beat Pikeville. That doesn't mean they are overrated, that just means they are outmatched against the bigger schools.
Redneck Wrote:Why, because they got blown out by the #1 team in 4A and the #1 team in 3A. Belfry, JC and MAYBE Sheldon Clark are the only teams in this area that could beat Pikeville. That doesn't mean they are overrated, that just means they are outmatched against the bigger schools.

Look at the combined record of the teams they have defeated, 5-19. I rest my point.
i still think that even though there 1-5 ashland is underated
Is Belfry still as overrated as they were being made out to be a few weeks ago?
blackcat_student Wrote:Look at the combined record of the teams they have defeated, 5-19. I rest my point.

WOW... That means nothing, they could beat anyone in EKY except for 2-4 teams. They will win the district and region and will play in the state semi's, if that's overrated then I'm glad we were when I played.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Overrated-Ashland
Underrated- Hazard
This ISN'T based on any rankings, just from what people in the area talk about, brawl about in bars about, etc, lol...I have nothing against Ashland at all, but losing two games they were favored to win, at home, puts them in an awkward spot. Hazard beat a good LCC team and a very good Clay County team..and very well could run the tables in the district..

Ashland isn't playing well this season and loosing winnable games that's for sure but I've not heard one fan or player brag about this years team so Im not exactly sure how they are overated. Everyone around Ashland sports knew this would be a rough season for the tomcats.
TOMCAT06 Wrote:Ashland isn't playing well this season and loosing winnable games that's for sure but I've not heard one fan or player brag about this years team so Im not exactly sure how they are overated. Everyone around Ashland sports knew this would be a rough season for the tomcats.

well the players didnt know this was going to be a rough season they had very high expectations coming into the year and if they get a few breaks here and there they could very well be 5-1 or 6-0