Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 15 DeSales 14
AngryMob Wrote:Would’ve thought a good dude like Scroggins wouldn’t be whining over a call on social media but here we are. Turns out a clip from behind the end zone selectively cropped apparently means something lol

What was said? I seen something from a Desales fan about the 4th and 1 play in overtime. I see a clip from a Desales fan and Hensley and the ball did land behind the goal line but the ball had already crossed the goal line and was pushed back out after the ball had already crossed.
https://mobile.twitter.com/freelancehack...saI7BCgsv8

I think this might be the play people are complaining about a hold. If you expect refs to call a ticky tacky hold such as that in a state semi final game in overtime, then your gonna be sadly disappointed. Honestly, it doesn't even look like a hold at all. It looks like Bentley went to hit him and missed the guy or the Desales defender slung Bentley to the side and went to dive to make a tackle and he missed the tackle.
pirateforlife Wrote:What was said? I seen something from a Desales fan about the 4th and 1 play in overtime. I see a clip from a Desales fan and Hensley and the ball did land behind the goal line but the ball had already crossed the goal line and was pushed back out after the ball had already crossed.

Lol! Here we go. I knew it wouldn't take long before something like this would pop up. Ignore it my friend. See you in Lexington!
Anyone have Stats on this one??
#55PirateFan Wrote:Lol! Here we go. I knew it wouldn't take long before something like this would pop up. Ignore it my friend. See you in Lexington!

I agree. I'm done talking about it. Always something. It's either refs suck, had the wrong ball on the field, grass was too green, they wore the wrong cleats. Always an excuse for getting beat. See you at Korger next week.
Respected Scroggins and did not expect the whining from him. Very atypical of what we have experienced with him in the past. It’s beneath you coach. Let it go.
I have a feeling that these two might turn into the old Belfry/Central rivalry. I don't think this is the last time we see these two play in the playoffs.
irishcard16 Wrote:Respected Scroggins and did not expect the whining from him. Very atypical of what we have experienced with him in the past. It’s beneath you coach. Let it go.

What was said? Where did you see it at
https://twitter.com/TReilly45/status/120...80032?s=20

Looks pretty clear to me it's a TD and the correct call was made. Maybe some people think the ENTIRE ball has to cross the line but even if one inch of the ball is touching the white line (not across it, just touching it) then it's a TD. It's not where the ball carrier or the ball ends up after the play. If at any point during the play any part of the ball was on the white line or across the white line then it's a touchdown.
pirateforlife Wrote:I agree. I'm done talking about it. Always something. It's either refs suck, had the wrong ball on the field, grass was too green, they wore the wrong cleats. Always an excuse for getting beat. See you at Korger next week.

Exactly!
pirateforlife Wrote:What was said? Where did you see it at

He’s all over the twitter box whining
I was told by several sources, or read it anyways that Belfry could not beat Desales...I guess the Pirates didn't get that memo. I was at Bell and heard a few fans try to pump themselves up saying maybe Desales "wasn't that good"...Lol. One old football guy said, "you heard wrong, they are pretty dahgum good".
irishcard16 Wrote:Respected Scroggins and did not expect the whining from him. Very atypical of what we have experienced with him in the past. It’s beneath you coach. Let it go.

You can say that, and that's fine. Maybe it's true. But anyone that has a kid and is honest, all bets are off when it's your own son playing. All rational thinking is not there. From what I know of coach Scroggins he is a respectable man. When it's your kid, it becomes the hell with everyone else, especially not on your team. That's just how it is.
pirateforlife Wrote:https://twitter.com/TReilly45/status/120...80032?s=20

Looks pretty clear to me it's a TD and the correct call was made. Maybe some people think the ENTIRE ball has to cross the line but even if one inch of the ball is touching the white line (not across it, just touching it) then it's a TD. It's not where the ball carrier or the ball ends up after the play. If at any point during the play any part of the ball was on the white line or across the white line then it's a touchdown.

Listen to the DeSales fans who have the same angle as line judge cussing and saying “f***, touchdown.”
smoke1015 Wrote:You can say that, and that's fine. Maybe it's true. But anyone that has a kid and is honest, all bets are off when it's your own son playing. All rational thinking is not there. From what I know of coach Scroggins he is a respectable man. When it's your kid, it becomes the hell with everyone else, especially not on your team. That's just how it is.

If you can’t separate coach and Dad, step away.
smoke1015 Wrote:I was told by several sources, or read it anyways that Belfry could not beat Desales...I guess the Pirates didn't get that memo. I was at Bell and heard a few fans try to pump themselves up saying maybe Desales "wasn't that good"...Lol. One old football guy said, "you heard wrong, they are pretty dahgum good".

Yes Desales isn't that good and neither is Belfry. We are just glad be at Kroger field next week and get to be on the same field as Bell County. Both teams knew coming into this game that they were just playing for 2nd place to the Bobcats.
AngryMob Wrote:Listen to the DeSales fans who have the same angle as line judge cussing and saying “f***, touchdown.”

Angle and video it's almost impossible for me, and probably anyone else to say for sure. I also here some dude saying, "ohhh, I don't knowww"... My first thought is touchdown, so as a ref that's what I guess I would have called. Not a Belfry guy, not a Desales guy. So this is an impartial dude talking. I say, if I'm ref, from this angle, I call TD.
smoke1015 Wrote:Angle and video it's almost impossible for me, and probably anyone else to say for sure. I also here some dude saying, "ohhh, I don't knowww"... My first thought is touchdown, so as a ref that's what I guess I would have called. Not a Belfry guy, not a Desales guy. So this is an impartial dude talking. I say, if I'm ref, from this angle, I call TD.

The I don’t know dude is clearly farther away. The voices closest to the camera say “f touchdown” and “d***”

Luckily, the ref did in fact call it a TD and that’s exactly what it is.
AngryMob Wrote:If you can’t separate coach and Dad, step away.

Horse manure! If you're a coach you just get by anyway you can if your son happens to come through while you're coaching. And on that note, I didn't know he was coaching at Desales? I thought coach Scroggins had simply retired. So is he coaching over there?
AngryMob Wrote:The I don’t know dude is clearly farther away. The voices closest to the camera say “f touchdown” and “d***”

Luckily, the ref did in fact call it a TD and that’s exactly what it is.

To be honest, a fan could say whatever, it doesn't amount to a hill of beans. 70% of all high-school football fans don't know 25% of this game. I said I'd call it a TD. Belfry will be at Kroger is all that matters now. Fans are gonna say wht they will. In the end it's high-school football, life will go on for all of them.
smoke1015 Wrote:Horse manure! If you're a coach you just get by anyway you can if your son happens to come through while you're coaching. And on that note, I didn't know he was coaching at Desales? I thought coach Scroggins had simply retired. So is he coaching over there?

He quit at Central and went to DeSales when his son got there. He has three kids. They all go to different high schools.
smoke1015 Wrote:To be honest, a fan could say whatever, it doesn't amount to a hill of beans. 70% of all high-school football fans don't know 25% of this game. I said I'd call it a TD. Belfry will be at Kroger is all that matters now. Fans are gonna say wht they will. In the end it's high-school football, life will go on for all of them.

I know, I said the ref also called it a TD. his opinion matters more than ole crying Ty on Twitter
Never heard so many excuses and crying in all my life than what I've read on the DeSales football Facebook page. I didnt believe it when I was told what the Colt fanbase was saying until I went and read it. Come on guys, stay classy!

That was not a catch. You have to maintain possession. And before Hensley was down he had already broke the plain of the endzone with the football. The play was over at that point. And I'd almost guarantee you that the Pirates had just as many penalties as the Colts had.

A great game was played by two really good football teams that the Pirates pulled out in the end. Stop throwing blame on everyone. Maybe next time you'll hold off on all the trash talk and not say a high school offensive line cant contain your D-Line before the game is played. Maybe then you won't have to make all those excuses and blame everyone but yourself and your coaches won't have to take to Twitter trying to make a point. Come on guys, your better than that.
#55PirateFan Wrote:Never heard so many excuses and crying in all my life than what I've read on the DeSales football Facebook page. I didnt believe it when I was told what the Colt fanbase was saying until I went and read it. Come on guys, stay classy!

That was not a catch. You have to maintain possession. And before Hensley was down he had already broke the plain of the endzone with the football. The play was over at that point. And I'd almost guarantee you that the Pirates had just as many penalties as the Colts had.

A great game was played by two really good football teams that the Pirates pulled out in the end. Stop throwing blame on everyone. Maybe next time you'll hold off on all the trash talk and not say a high school offensive line cant contain your D-Line before the game is played. Maybe then you won't have to make all those excuses and blame everyone but yourself and your coaches won't have to take to Twitter trying to make a point. Come on guys, your better than that.

AMEN BROTHER. Perfect statement!
cuppett777 Wrote:I Am Going Down Thur and watching all of Saturdays games as well---Lord Willing.. I am staying one mile from Kroger field at the Hampton inn on 1953 nicholasville road...see you there:1:
I'm staying with my daughter on Lakeshore!!

#55PirateFan Wrote:How bout that Belfry O-Line playing great football against one of the best defensive fronts in the state. So proud of them all. That was a WAR in the trenches. Not many gave them a chance.
Linemen always make the difference, and sometimes get no recognition except from the RB who just broke through!!

Spud6 Wrote:Again. Is there going to be a taped broadcast we can go watch this one on as a rerun? This is the types of football games I absolutely love watching and I NEED to watch this game!
Well, drive up there and WATCH it!!

Patriot1 Wrote:I heard the announcers talking about what a game the line played especially Your son so congratulate him for me and great game.
I also heard that he played a whale of a game!!! So did many of the others. Congratulations to the team, and special love for the Seniors.

#55PirateFan Wrote:Never heard so many excuses and crying in all my life than what I've read on the DeSales football Facebook page. I didnt believe it when I was told what the Colt fanbase was saying until I went and read it. Come on guys, stay classy!

This is very well stated. But remember, these guys just lost at home in a state semi final game. That's bound to sting!! We aren't even 12 hours away from that game so I'd say a lot of emotion is talking and very little common sense. At least that's how I always was immediately after a big game! Heck, I know one daddy who hasn't been asleep yet after driving back from Louisville!!!! Confusednicker:
Four quick things.
1. If you flip back a page or so, you will see what I think of your fans and your program. I love what you all bring tonigh school sports.
2. The 2nd TD was a TD. It is clear that the official was beginning to signal a TD before the RB was pushed back. Very close, but I think he broke the plane.
3. The catch / non catch video is inconclusive, but either way, that was a phenomenal effort.
4. I am one of the moderators of the Desales Football Facebook page. All requests to follow the page have to be approved. We saw the follow requests come in this week from Belfry fans. We decided to let you follow the page because we always heard what a classy fan base you were. But please understand that last night and today, it will be a place for Colts fans to vent. If it makes you mad, unfollow the page. You all should have bigger fish to fry at this point than worrying about what they are saying.
Good luck to the Pirates.
Final thoughts on this game, I have to eat a little crow. I suspected my Pirates would lose by 2 tds. This game was everything I though it would be except for two things, DeSales did not capitalize on the Belfry fumbles I suspected at least one defensive TD from them. The Pirate defense is better than I thought they were as a whole, I knew they had key pieces but last night they showed me that they are for real.

Darn good game by both teams. One I will remember forever.

It’s a painful loss, and sadly, people are going to try to point fingers. It’s only been 12 hours so emotions are flying high for our guys. I hate to see coaches saying stuff on social media. but what they or the fans say shouldn’t matter because Belfrey is the one playing at Kroger Field on Friday night. Coach Davis gave tons of praise to Belfrey in his post game comments. There were some calls that could’ve gone either way but it definitely didn’t decide the game. The logical fans and more importantly, Coach Davis, know that. Also, we went to a state championship in 2014 off a botched call. Most of our fans should remember that. And I’ve said to our fans that actually feel like we got robbed, don’t put yourself in the position to let the officials decide the game. Enjoy the win and put on a dominating performance next Friday to make us feel a little better about the loss.
DHSColts Wrote:It’s a painful loss, and sadly, people are going to try to point fingers. It’s only been 12 hours so emotions are flying high for our guys. I hate to see coaches saying stuff on social media. but what they or the fans say shouldn’t matter because Belfrey is the one playing at Kroger Field on Friday night. Coach Davis gave tons of praise to Belfrey in his post game comments. There were some calls that could’ve gone either way but it definitely didn’t decide the game. The logical fans and more importantly, Coach Davis, know that. Also, we went to a state championship in 2014 off a botched call. Most of our fans should remember that. And I’ve said to our fans that actually feel like we got robbed, don’t put yourself in the position to let the officials decide the game. Enjoy the win and put on a dominating performance next Friday to make us feel a little better about the loss.
Well said. Nothing to hang your all’s heads about. Y’all have a heck of team and you will be back. Thank you all for your hospitality. Great environment for highschool football.

Agreed 100%. Very well said! Let me say this......the atmosphere last night was electric! The DeSales people couldn’t have been more gracious! Several congratulated us on the victory while we were waiting on the kids to come out. This game ranks right up with the 2016 Corbin game, and the 2003 Championship game as one of the most drama filled games in Belfry’s storied history! There’s not a lot more that can be said about this one. Hats off to the DeSales kids .....they played their guts out. The Belfry kids displayed hearts of a champion.....of which, us senior parents have had the pleasure of witnessing since these kids were 7th graders❤️🏈🏈🅱️ Just a great team victory last night. The DeSales RB (Johnson) is exceptional. Kudos to our defense for solid tackling skills He’s slippery as an eel. Last but not least, a huge shout out to our O-Line. They came to play. Very proud of all of their efforts. 👍🏼🏈🏈🅱️🏴*☠️ Let’s get refocused on the next challenge. Bell Co is undefeated (14-0) and definitely the prohibitive favorite next Friday night. Once again, it’s gonna take a big effort from our band of pirates. Go Big Red!’