Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Class 2A Semifinals: Breathitt @ Somerset
Big_blue Wrote:His brother is also helping. Will Thomas is helping with the line and running game.
I know they’re Breathitt boys the whole family is from Canoe, they just don’t wanna accept the truth
pirateforlife Wrote:Somerset wins in a competitive game. It wouldn't surprise me if Breathitt led in the 2nd half but I think Somerset wins by 2 scores. Breathitt will have the best player on the field in Collins but Somerset is the better team.

Dream on don't think Breathitt will ever be in the lead. JMO:insane:
Sportsfanatic2015 Wrote:Dream on don't think Breathitt will ever be in the lead. JMO:insane:
The Loudest most cocky of predictions doesn’t tell just how close the two teams are it’ll be war , In the past 10 years Breathitt-Somerset has happened twice Breathitt won both times once at Somerset , we know we can win , both teams are capable of it , let the pads do the talking , Friday can’t get here soon enough
BJ’s - 52
BC’s - 15
Breathitt is a good football team. This will be a good game. BCs kids had no control over their schedule and yet they took care of business. Lot on the line - jumpers better come out focused if they want a chance.
Gitback Coach Wrote:BJ’s - 52
BC’s - 15

I think everyone favors Bj’S. Lol. I am that friend that makes those jokes. Lol. Safe to say the Bobcats will see a lot of BJ’s this Friday night.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

JDCaudill4 Wrote:The Loudest most cocky of predictions doesn’t tell just how close the two teams are it’ll be war , In the past 10 years Breathitt-Somerset has happened twice Breathitt won both times once at Somerset , we know we can win , both teams are capable of it , let the pads do the talking , Friday can’t get here soon enough

They've played 4 times in the past 10 years with each team winning once at home and once on the road. Not that any of that is relevant Friday night.
Walt Longmire Wrote:C'mon man. Don't back off now and say Somerset might beat the Bobcats by 2 touchdowns or that if Breathitt can somehow get some turnovers they can win. You said that Breathitt was 2 touchdowns better than Somerset. Don't try and get humble now, we remember what you said. Own it. It's right there for everyone to see.
Unlike you I have respect for teams!!!! Honestly I bet you never played down of football. At that point I honestly felt like Bobcats was a better team. I do see some holes in Bobcats defense . If I see it I know a great coach does. But I still think Bobcats can win,With Turnovers and they hopefully win that battle.im not coach but I former player and I enjoy watch and break down teams and Somerset can hurt us on couple things they do ( not going to say what it is) . But I also see somethings that Somerset will have hard time defending vs Breathitt. But when you break down both teams and look strength and weakness Somerset should be favor. This will be a close game. I think Bobcats can win but they’re not favored. Also when I wrote that post about Two Td I was worried about certain kid not being able play but they said fine should be ready go be about 90%.
I'm going to be honest fellas Breathitt may be the worst 13-0 team I have ever seen. They have a good running back that's it. Period.

SHS 41
Breathitt 13
WETSU Wrote:I'm going to be honest fellas Breathitt may be the worst 13-0 team I have ever seen. They have a good running back that's it. Period.

SHS 41
Breathitt 13

Ouch. Cold blooded. You from mayfield lol.
Somerset - 34
Breathitt Co - 24
Jumpers need to focus on the task at hand. All this talk is just that...

Breathitt has some very nice talent. They throw the deep ball well and their running back is top notch - not to mention they have a very good coaching staff. Lots of disrespect from the jumper fan base; let’s be better than our counterparts way west.
JDCaudill4 Wrote:Collins is a homegrown talent who had to go away do to jobs and he wanted to come home , so before people claim we recruit try to do some research , I mean it’s not hard to find out all of his brothers played at breathitt and his dad his dad is on the staff , check before you try dishing out false accusations

of course you recruit as do a long list of other schools. nothing false about it.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:I think everyone favors Bj’S. Lol. I am that friend that makes those jokes. Lol. Safe to say the Bobcats will see a lot of BJ’s this Friday night.

I'll be quiet so I don't get in trouble Smile
WETSU Wrote:I'm going to be honest fellas Breathitt may be the worst 13-0 team I have ever seen. They have a good running back that's it. Period.

SHS 41
Breathitt 13

sounds about right. lol
pjdoug Wrote:I'll be quiet so I don't get in trouble Smile

How would you get into trouble? I was talking about Briar Jumpers.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Statebound19 Wrote:Unlike you I have respect for teams!!!! Honestly I bet you never played down of football. At that point I honestly felt like Bobcats was a better team. I do see some holes in Bobcats defense . If I see it I know a great coach does. But I still think Bobcats can win,With Turnovers and they hopefully win that battle.im not coach but I former player and I enjoy watch and break down teams and Somerset can hurt us on couple things they do ( not going to say what it is) . But I also see somethings that Somerset will have hard time defending vs Breathitt. But when you break down both teams and look strength and weakness Somerset should be favor. This will be a close game. I think Bobcats can win but they’re not favored. Also when I wrote that post about Two Td I was worried about certain kid not being able play but they said fine should be ready go be about 90%.

4 years at Somerset.
Somerset will probably win this game by 10 or so points. BUT.. if they sleep on Breathitt and CA Collins, they can absolutely lose this game. CA Collins is an absolute monster. Big, strong and powerful runner with 4.5 speed.
Bobcats have been underdogs 3 out of 4 times in state semi final games. In 1995 the Bobcats travel to Danville in a state semi final game that Danville was heavy favorite. The fan awe was pretty harsh with there comments as the Bobcats walk in, and some former players of Admirals had 4 state championship rings on their fingers wave them around saying you never get one these and lot more other things. Bobcats never back down from the challenge all night and play butts off and came away with the biggest win in program history at that time. Breathitt was under dog in last time they beat Belfry in 08 to make it to state. Breathitt has history of stepping up and meeting the challenge in big play offs game. This Friday will be no different they are a big underdog and very few people think they can win this game. We have wait see if the Bobcats can be like some bobcats before them and step up to challenge an win game.
I can assure you that the Somerset players know they have to play one of their best games in order to win. They are not looking past Breathitt. They play one game at a time. They are the ones that will determine the outcome on Friday. Not the ones posting on here about what has happened in the past. That has zero to do with this game. They are hoping for a state title but know what stands in the way of that happening. They will do what they’ve done all year. Put on the pads and the helmets and settle it on the field. Should be an exciting game!
Somerset by 2 TDs
I watched both on film and I think BC is better than a lot of folks think despite the much weaker level of play. The change in speed and having to play all 4 quarters will be a much greater challenge for BC than for the Bunnies. In the end I will be surprised if BC can pull it out but I think it maybe close atleast for awhile
Tough one to call due to the Bobcats schedule, no real test.

I'm going with the Bunnies 33-14
Anyone who thinks Breathitt is incapable of making this a game is just in denial. Regardless of what teams you play, to go undefeated is no easy task. Not to mention they beat these lesser opponents the way they should. They left no doubt.

I believe this will be a really good game, with two really high caliber teams. Obviously the homer in me is rooting for the Jumpers, but I am not naive enough to believe Breathitt is going to come in a lay down for us. This will be a fight.
Breathitt can win this one. But, on paper Somerset should take it. Breathitt has weapons and will score... these low score predictions are off base. But, the question is can the D get a stop? I’m not sure honestly. Many of the scores last week were awkward (in that the Breathitt D missed assignments or were appearing disinterested in a couple instances). I think they expected WV to lay down and they kept coming to their credit.

The thing I hate to see is kids getting run down so much on this site. There’s NOTHING this group of bobcats could do about their schedule. They did do what was in their power by taking it to every team they’ve faced. Somerset could certainly end the season for Breathitt. But, it’ll be settled on the field and I would be shocked if it’s not a battle. Good luck Bobcats. Let both teams lay it on the line, stay healthy, and the winner move on ready to play for all the marbles.
This game streaming, audio or video?
Lake Cumberland Sports on Facebook will do a video stream I'm sure.
As far as I know Bluegrass Sports Nation will also be airing this game. I really do like how both Lake Cumberland Sports and Bluegrass Sports Nation put these High school kids on platform and also gives elder or sick people a way to watch. Both of these groups hats off do fabulous job!!
RoShamBo Wrote:Lake Cumberland Sports on Facebook will do a video stream I'm sure.

There will be video so for those unable to make the journey, find us on Facebook.

The color guy for SHS on Lake Cumberland Sports...he’s a dork Big Grin
Big_blue Wrote:You can look at stats but with the rain forecasted Friday night I have to go with the bobcats due to it being a running kind of night and Collins is better than somerset running game

Looks like the chance of rain has been downgraded to 20%.