•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Central 20. Corbin 19
Granny Bear Wrote:If that two point conversion had worked you all would be singing Haddix's praises.

It's the state title game! No guts; no glory! I would've went for two every day and twice on Sunday.

Congratulations to Louisville Central on their win. And congratulations to the Corbin Redhounds on their season.

Estep is a phenomenal QB!!! Good luck to him!!

Not with 4 minutes to go in the game.

Corbin's fans will remember this game for a loooong time....
But i dont blame the players. Corbin was outcoached.
On a brighter note for the casual fans like myself, that's two title games decided by 2 points.

I said earlier this week that this would be the most competitive championship weekend in a very long time and so far it hasnt dissapointed
Jack Lambert Wrote:If Corbin had attempted two very short field goals in the first half I don’t think we’d be having this discussion. Just like Boyle last week missed opportunities.

Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding!!!!! said it all night. Unless you have no kicker two chip shot FG makes a big difference!!!
Pussell Gut Wrote:Corbin is the buffalo bills of high school football

Give the Hounds credit. They do have three state titles to their credit.
I've been hearing Haddix will be headed to coach college. Mills and Chaney to Whitley Co.
Hatz Wrote:Give the Hounds credit. They do have three state titles to their credit.

What years?
Haddix in laws just bought a house in Corbin right next to him. I dont think he's going anywhere anytime soon.
Snakesnot Wrote:Not with 4 minutes to go in the game.

Corbin's fans will remember this game for a loooong time....

It is what it is but I recall belfry having to get over the hump against a few central teams.
With the kids corbin has coming up, I'd be shocked if there isnt a state title in Corbin in the next 3 years
cj2561 Wrote:that is way you are not a head coach. that 2point should have never happen. Corbin should have been up by 2 plus TDS at halftime. this lose fall on the player. the coaches can't played the game for them.

:what:
BellCo18 Wrote:What years?

76, 78, and 82
Westside Wrote::what:

Lol
bellco18 Wrote:what years?

1976. 1980. 1982
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:It is what it is but I recall belfry having to get over the hump against a few central teams.
With the kids corbin has coming up, I'd be shocked if there isnt a state title in Corbin in the next 3 years

Idk moving to 4a. Gonna be tough. This was our chance.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:76, 78, and 82

80 not 78
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:It is what it is but I recall belfry having to get over the hump against a few central teams.

Yelp. Corbins not done. Just a small set back. Hounds will be back.
Rainingthrees Wrote:Corbin news paper headline

Haddix costs Redhounds state title, then resigns to take Whitley County job!

:popcorn:

64sur replaces pjdougie as number #1 fan

Just kidding tough loss for the Hounds . I was rooting for you.

Nooooo. Don't cause me to have nightmares.
Just heard there was a scuffle of some sort after the game. Anybody see anything?
Going for two didn't bother me as much as passing up some short field goals early in the game. Looked like points were going to be hard to come by, better get them when you can!

I just followed the game on here, you guys were awesome with the updates! I'm assuming the two point play was a Benny Snell run up the middle?
Trenches07 Wrote:I dont have a dog in the fight but I listened to the entire game and Corbin's play calling was very suspect tonight. When you get inside the 10 yd line and leave points on the field on multiple occasions there is really no excuse for that. There only so many times you can run your QB, get the ball out of his hands use his arm throw quick hitting plays that allow him to use the people around him. No excuse for laying an offensive egg when you move the ball as well as they did and leave points on the field.
overrated coaching? Confusednicker:
Congrats to the jackets! When Corbin couldn’t get it In from inside the red zone twice in the first half, then take the points in the second for the tie. Corbin also had three dropped TD passes. Great game to watch
HOFER Wrote:Just heard there was a scuffle of some sort after the game. Anybody see anything?

No, but I heard the radio announcers talking about it.
We gotta also realize to, Corbin didnt just lose to a second rate team tonight. Central is one helluva program. Athletes everywhere. This is not a bad lose. Could have went either way. I just think Haddix coached way to aggressive at the wrong times. Coach isn't going anywhere (I don't think anyway) and the Hounds will still be very good next year.
ekywildcat Wrote:Going for two didn't bother me as much as passing up some short field goals early in the game. Looked like points were going to be hard to come by, better get them when you can!

I just followed the game on here, you guys were awesome with the updates! I'm assuming the two point play was a Benny Snell run up the middle?
QB draw. Same play we had just run over and over with the receiver coming in motion. They knew exactly what we were gonna run. Everyone did.
IMO they should have kicked the XP, that ESTEP is a beast, great player.
BellCo18 Wrote:I've been hearing Haddix will be headed to coach college. Mills and Chaney to Whitley Co.

:dontthink
Corbin simply played like an underdog instead of a championship team. Falls on Coach. With Greer now gone things will get interesting especially if Mills has a shot at Whitley which I doubt. Corbin will be young next year and in the toughest Class they have ever seen. Johnson Central is much more than Belfry. Watch them tomorrow you will see what is in store. This one slip by Corbin , not sure you will get another chance for a while. Kick the field goal on the second chance the first half. Especially after they stopped you the time before. Not hind sight, everyone was calling for it.
Hatz Wrote:1976. 1980. 1982

You're right. Runner up in 78
WhyLie Wrote:Corbin simply played like an underdog instead of a championship team. Falls on Coach. With Greer now gone things will get interesting especially if Mills has a shot at Whitley which I doubt. Corbin will be young next year and in the toughest Class they have ever seen. Johnson Central is much more than Belfry. Watch them tomorrow you will see what is in store. This one slip by Corbin , not sure you will get another chance for a while. Kick the field goal on the second chance the first half. Especially after they stopped you the time before. Not hind sight, everyone was calling for it.

Hear we go! Dont want to turn this in to a Belfry/Johnson Central thread but how the hell do you get JC is much more than Belfry? LMAO. This year is the first time they beat us in a few years. SMH! And go look at the overall series record. Not to mention Belfry has one of the best 2020 classes in the state. Wow!
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next