Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin 21 Beechwood 14
Woodsman Wrote:It was a dumb play by the defender. The ball was uncatchable and beechwood made the stop. My point is that if you are crying about high school officiating....you need to revamp your priorities in life.
I thought it was a well officiated game. My only complaint was how long the officials would huddle to discuss a penalty. Sometimes it really affected the flow of the game. I'm all for getting the calls correct, but it shouldn't have taken as long as sometimes it did.
Woodsman Wrote:It was a dumb play by the defender. The ball was uncatchable and beechwood made the stop. My point is that if you are crying about high school officiating....you need to revamp your priorities in life.

The ball went through the kids hands.
Well done Hounds!
Great win for the Hounds! Can’t say enough about Beechwood. The Tigers are a well rounded, disciplined team. Well coached, great line play on both sides of the ball... The kids played both ways and didn’t quit. As for the Hounds. We played with less mistakes and even though we had 2 scoring drives end in interceptions we didn’t quit either. Our team can play, we drove the football and our defense made stops. The one touchdown by beechwood the OLB was in position and could’ve intercepted or knocked the ball down but mistimed his jump. The receiver made a great catch, and run after the catch. The other TD was missed tackles... Story on that in my opinion is great teams and players are gonna make plays like those... Great game to see in person, if you didn’t see it you missed out.
bcpc Wrote:Great win for the Hounds! Can’t say enough about Beechwood. The Tigers are a well rounded, disciplined team. Well coached, great line play on both sides of the ball... The kids played both ways and didn’t quit. As for the Hounds. We played with less mistakes and even though we had 2 scoring drives end in interceptions we didn’t quit either. Our team can play, we drove the football and our defense made stops. The one touchdown by beechwood the OLB was in position and could’ve intercepted or knocked the ball down but mistimed his jump. The receiver made a great catch, and run after the catch. The other TD was missed tackles... Story on that in my opinion is great teams and players are gonna make plays like those... Great game to see in person, if you didn’t see it you missed out.

Definitely be one of the best defensive fronts we see all year. I was really impressed with Beechwood players attitude down two scores and they never doubted they could come back. Glad I got to watch this one was a great ball game!!
64SUR Wrote:Next Mayfield September 21 ( Unfinished Business 55 )

You got that right, what is that all time record vs Mayfield? Confusednicker::Clap:

Even a win would still leave you on the short side of MF :devilflam
Woodsman Wrote:So was it the right call though? I don’t care about the game either way. I’m not a beechwood fan, just saying that if we want to cry about officiating....beechwood has a case to be made and that would be silly. Regardless, congrats to the hounds and may the player make a speedy recovery.
It was 100% the right call.
The ball was NOT uncatchable as the kid actually came close to catching it. It was a bang bang play. 5 years ago the play is legal, and even last year it was only called maybe 50% of the time. But by today's rules, I can't lie, with the definition a head official gave me prior to the season, it was the correct call. Beechwood has nothing to hang their heads about. Corbin surely is a top 10 team in the state despite that ignorant poll we saw last week. Beechwood may just be on the outside of the top 10, but at 1A that is pretty phenomenal. Corbin is better than they were last year.
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:You got that right, what is that all time record vs Mayfield? Confusednicker::Clap:

Even a win would still leave you on the short side of MF :devilflam

I’m curious, what is the all time record between the two?

I remember the AA finals in 1976 and 1977. Those were classic that could have gone either way. What’s the number of games they’ve played?
Sounded like a great game.
I had some last minute changes and decided to go watch my nephews play last night down in Knoxville.

Chase Estep should be Mr football.
I don't care what the wandale kid is doing. He wont go as far as this corbin team or have as big of an impact as the estep kid.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Sounded like a great game.
I had some last minute changes and decided to go watch my nephews play last night down in Knoxville.

I don't care what the wandale kid is doing. He wont go as far as this corbin team or have as big of an impact as the estep kid.

Not even sure Wandale will get it. You've got at least 3 kids for Boyle that might get it, IMO, maybe even the big lineman out of Glasgow.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Sounded like a great game.

Lol. After 4 games?

There is no such thing as uncatchable in high school. That’s a college and NFL rule that doesn’t apply to the high school game in KY. I love how people think they’re refs though.
Woodsman Wrote:Hey hound05, wanna cry about officiating? Seems like beechwood was on the short end of the stick last night as far as the penalties go. Should we all huff and puff about the “defenseless player” flag on fourth down? Has the world conspired against beechwood? Not everyone gets a trophy youngster. Good luck the rest of the year scooter. You guys will apparently need it.

Well so far most of you have. Nahh we don’t need luck. #HesTriggered hahahahah
Btw, woodsman. We all like to have fun on here. We’re just messing with ya buddy. I don’t have any hard feelings against ya. If you don’t poke and jab on here it’d get boring really quick. It’s all in good fun. God knows, PJdoug, FoSho, Piratefan, even Granny have had their fun with me before hahah.

But as far as complaining about officials in HS. You are on a HS football message board bud. Good luck the rest of the season and safe travels to ya
Single Wing 77 Wrote:There is no such thing as uncatchable in high school. That’s a college and NFL rule that doesn’t apply to the high school game in KY. I love how people think they’re refs though.

I’m not making a rule reference. Just saying it was likely an incomplete pass regardless of contact....but yeah you sure showed me.
Jaguarhoundbird Wrote:Lol. After 4 games?

Have you seen his stats? Have you seen ONE kid be more of a leader on or off the field and have an impact on the game as he does? Absolutely the kid should be in the top two for it.
Hound05 Wrote:Have you seen his stats? Have you seen ONE kid be more of a leader on or off the field and have an impact on the game as he does? Absolutely the kid should be in the top two for it.

You're basing this all off of watching only Corbin. He may very well be one of the most deserving. Idk. But to declare it 4 games into the season with red tinted glasses is a bit premature don't you think? Of course I realize you didn't say it. But you see what I'm saying.
Jaguarhoundbird Wrote:You're basing this all off of watching only Corbin. He may very well be one of the most deserving. Idk. But to declare it 4 games into the season with red tinted glasses is a bit premature don't you think? Of course I realize you didn't say it. But you see what I'm saying.

I will take red tinted glasses any day over your laurel county fogged glasses. Chase is making a case for the award as are many others, if a fan isn’t making a case for there players there not a true fan. Just cause you all run off your players and have nothing to cheer about don’t be that guy who tries to hijack a thread cause either they couldn’t hang at Corbin or maybe there kid couldn’t. Or wait maybe your butt hurt cause we didn’t try to “recruit them” to play at Corbin.
Jaguarhoundbird Wrote:You're basing this all off of watching only Corbin. He may very well be one of the most deserving. Idk. But to declare it 4 games into the season with red tinted glasses is a bit premature don't you think? Of course I realize you didn't say it. But you see what I'm saying.

No that’s based off watching several teams this year. On top of all the state champions last year and what they have returning. I’ve personally watched the western hills kid. And while he’s talented I don’t think he’s as much of a “team” guy I guess you’d say. Plus what have they achieved with him? I mean he’s the number one athlete in the country isn’t he? Estep makes the kids around him better. A true leader, and a great student. If there is a better dual threat QB in this state, someone please show me or tell me?
Jaguarhoundbird Wrote:Lol. After 4 games?

Considering these first 5 games are going to be much tougher than the rest, yes.

If I'm haddix I leave him in and run up the stats on Jackson, Casey,and bell.
smoke1015 Wrote:Can hurdle if a kid is diving at you. Estep hurdled a Casey kid last year but it was a legal hurdle since our safety was going to take his legs out, if he could.

What matters is if the defender is standing on both feet. Also, the hurdle must be over the fore most part of the body, basically meaning the defender must be on both feet and the other player must jump over his shoulders. Also, he must CLEAR the defender shoulders as well. There is no attempted hurdle, its either that he hurdles him and clears him or its nothing.
Granny Bear Wrote:It's a rule. It was called last year but I've seen a lot of kids jumping over other kids and not many calls.

If I understand it correctly it is discretionary.

Its definitely not discretionary. Its a written foul rule, just like holding, personal fouls, interference, etc. It should be called as such, shouldnt just be ignored. It is usually a highlight play if pulled off but it is also an extremely dangerous play if interupted. Definitely needs to ve called while still in the rulebook.
[attachment=o3767]

Wish I knew how to make it larger, but I was told this was the hurdle that got flagged.
Granny Bear Wrote:
[attachment=o3767]

Wish I knew how to make it larger, but I was told this was the hurdle that got flagged.

Kinda hard to make out for sure but it looks like a textbook hurdle foul. Extremely athletic though!
Granny Bear Wrote:
[attachment=o3767]

Yep that’s it granny. It was an ATHLETIC PLAY. Not too many kids in HS can pull that one off. It was a sight to see in person. To bad it got called. I’ve seen him do it several times and succeed and never seen it called. But I guess they were giving us the benefit of the doubt on a judgement call.

The good thing about Estep is, when tackling him, you can’t try to take his knees out or he’ll just do this. If you go high you’ll just flat out miss. It takes a true form tackle to bring the kid down, or even get hands on him with the speed, and quickness he has. He made several beechwood players look like they were on roller blades. And the tigers have solid defenders
Hound05 Wrote:No that’s based off watching several teams this year. On top of all the state champions last year and what they have returning. I’ve personally watched the western hills kid. And while he’s talented I don’t think he’s as much of a “team” guy I guess you’d say. Plus what have they achieved with him? I mean he’s the number one athlete in the country isn’t he? Estep makes the kids around him better. A true leader, and a great student. If there is a better dual threat QB in this state, someone please show me or tell me?

I've not watched the WH kid play at all, so I can't comment on him at all. I guess it's what you personally think the Mr. Football/basketball/baseball ect. is intended to represent. The best player in the state of Kentucky, or the the most valuable to their team. It would be hard to leave Louisville, Lexington(not really as of late.) and occasionally Bowling Green, to find the "best player". But you can definitely make a argument for Chase if it's most valuable. I honestly have no clue who they go to if he goes down.
These comments are beyond explanation. You are a High School KID, playing in a BIG GAME. Offensive player comes across the field, ball thrown and you want to make a play. Ball is high...........you dont' know that.........you just see the offensive player jump to catch the ball.........your only thought is Hell NO....i have to tackle him. Kid jumps, ball skips off of his hands and you hit him. "TARGETING A DEFENSELESS PLAYER" is called.
Unbelievable and so sad.
There was no TARGETING and it was a BANG-BANG play of kids playing a game. Sorry to hear that the kid from Corbin was injured..........but not ready for ORANGES at Halftime and Trophies for ALL.
Terrible call by Mr. Meals..as the people in the stands called him out by name because they know that he is very favorable to Corbin. They proceeded to say, "Welcome to Corbin........GOOD LUCK!"
Right call if you are a Redhound. Ridiculous call if you are from any other team in the country. Official should be SCRATCHED from every other team in the state. From what I heard in the stands his name is MEALS.
The ball went right through receivers hands, defender hit him immediately after it was tipped. By rule, once a ball is tipped, pass interference goes out the window. As for the, "defenseless player" call. THIS ISN'T the NFL. It is HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL.
I believe it was helmet to helmet by the defensive player.. The best team won and I wasn’t for Corbin