Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pulaski County Open
Sooooo, what's the expected time frame for a hire on this job? It seems there are already 2 names being tossed around for it, so could a hire be made quickly?
Hearing that a coach will be in place by mid-April or first of May. Looking to give all applicants a fair looking in order to find the right man for the job.
chs crazy Wrote:Confusednicker: Your prolly the only other person on here who’s knows all you need for a fishin trip is a zebco 33, a few pieces of bread, and a six pack of old Milwaukee

the bread and and zebco 33 are actually optional.
TheHotSnakes Wrote:Sooooo, what's the expected time frame for a hire on this job? It seems there are already 2 names being tossed around for it, so could a hire be made quickly?

I think Haywood will accept sometime at the end of this week. He will probably want to meet with Belfry first before its announced.Confusednicker:
Willie Turnover Wrote:I think Haywood will accept sometime at the end of this week. He will probably want to meet with Belfry first before its announced.Confusednicker:

I hope so Confusednicker:
Les Miles! Mark it down.
zebra'seyes Wrote:Les Miles! Mark it down.

lol.
Willie Turnover Wrote:the bread and and zebco 33 are actually optional.

That’s a different kind of fishing it requires an extra six pack and female companionship Confusednicker:
chs crazy Wrote:I’m saying they have a lot of talent that was underclassmen last year that could really help them this year and it could possibly be a good game. John Hines won’t be easily replaced either and they could end up like a program did when their hof coach took a job on the UK staff, they didn’t recover until he came back.

What does that say about your school? 😂

Besides Larry French did just fine.
As soon as anyone references Middle School success a thread should be deleted. Its like a 6 yr old on an elementary school playground.
Three names I am hearing are Robbie Lucas, Jay Cobb and Josh New
FoSho Wrote:What does that say about your school? 😂

Besides Larry French did just fine.

Larry won 2 championships, so I agree with you, Boyle "recovered" before Chuck came back. One of the assistants has been there the entire time through Chuck, without Chuck and back to Chuck again. Hester.
Iam4thecats Wrote:Larry won 2 championships, so I agree with you, Boyle "recovered" before Chuck came back. One of the assistants has been there the entire time through Chuck, without Chuck and back to Chuck again. Hester.

Coach Hester is a great coach/man.
Haywood is leading charge right now. Pulaski County has Banners everywhere. Haywood will take this group of upcoming kids to 6 straight Finals!! Winning all 6!!!!
Willie Turnover Wrote:Three names I am hearing are Robbie Lucas, Jay Cobb and Josh New

haha! Robbie aint leaving SHS, Jay is making75 to 85k at Trinity AS a DC and I wont even comment on the 3rd one because WOW!
Willie Turnover Wrote:Three names I am hearing are Robbie Lucas, Jay Cobb and Josh New

Robbie Lucas would be a great hire.
ironfist13 Wrote:haha! Robbie aint leaving SHS, Jay is making75 to 85k at Trinity AS a DC and I wont even comment on the 3rd one because WOW!

$75k-$85k as a DC?

I call bull crap.
TheHotSnakes Wrote:Sooooo, what's the expected time frame for a hire on this job? It seems there are already 2 names being tossed around for it, so could a hire be made quickly?

Shouldn’t be too much longer, applicants are slowing down I hear. Should expect to hear the new coach around April 9th-13th
FoSho Wrote:$75k-$85k as a DC?

I call bull crap.

Not saying that it's true, but it's not necessarily crazy.

He's a 30+ year experienced teacher and football coach with over 20 years as a head coach, to go along with a winning pedigree, at a highly affluent private school in one of the higher cost of living areas in the largest city in the state. He could go get another head coaching job at most schools in the state, so something is keeping him at Trinity. I would say $75K is reasonable. $75K in the St. Matthew's area of Louisville isn't the same as $75K in Somerset.
ironfist13 Wrote:haha! Robbie aint leaving SHS, Jay is making75 to 85k at Trinity AS a DC and I wont even comment on the 3rd one because WOW!

Horse Hockey.
Rumor today is its a two person race between Tom Larky and John Fraley.

:hilarious:
I am new to the game guys so forgive me if my information is way off... but I was in the local IGA this morning and heard only one name circling the table as the next HC as PC. It was George Hatcher! He has won more games than most has viewed and brings a 40 year plus winning resume to the table. Not to mention is a players coach who everybody in the program (parents and fans alike) can relate too. He was even spotted leaving the PC board office this past Wednesday. Can anyone verify this? It would be a huge PC find if true!
Haddix from Corbin
Negotiations are going on right now. Doug Eads is going to be the next head coach under 3 conditions
1) They pay him more than Cobb. 76K- 86K
2) They Turf the field
3) They hire Stormy Daniels as the Cheerleading Coach.

There will be a fish fry at the sports den parking lot this evening to raise funds for these requests.
Dc next Head Coach
Rumor I heard today was they narrowed it to two people. Kevin Wallace who coaches in bowling green and Toby Durham who has little coaching experience but is regarded as a football mastermind in the lake Cumberland area. Rumor has it that the committee is deadlocked between the two. So Kevin and Toby will be playing a game checkers tomorrow at noon with the winner being named head coach. Good Luck to both men.
Willie Turnover Wrote:Rumor I heard today was they narrowed it to two people. Kevin Wallace who coaches in bowling green and Toby Durham who has little coaching experience but is regarded as a football mastermind in the lake Cumberland area. Rumor has it that the committee is deadlocked between the two. So Kevin and Toby will be playing a game checkers tomorrow at noon with the winner being named head coach. Good Luck to both men.

Kevin Wallace left Bowling Green for St. X, no way he leaves St. X for Pulaski County
Boy this thread is productive.....
TheHotSnakes Wrote:Boy this thread is productive.....

Par for the course, I'm afraid. The inmates run the asylum in this thread these days, especially in the offseason.

FWIW, the only thing substantial going around is that it is going to be an inside hire.