Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th Region Tournament
I don't think perry has ever beat hazard in the finals either
Sorry i thought you were referring to district tournament.
2000 Perry 68 Hazard 55
2001 Perry 54 Hazard 48
2002 Perry 78 Hazard 68
2009 Perry 45 Hazard 42
2011 Perry 57 Hazard 49
That is every time Perry has beat Hazard since Perry has been a school in the district championship.
I will take Knott and Estill in the Finals
I maybe betting the farm house on Cordia winning the 14th......:pondering:
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:Why does everyone get all worked up over Cordia but rarely hear a word about schools like University Heights Academy. Most of their roster is imported or recruited. They’ve won a ton of All A state championships and one Sweet 16 championship, and are likely to win the 2nd region this year. Cordia’s situation is not new to the state.

they can. they are a private school. Cordia is not. I would have use another school. like knott co central or perry co central. people would agree with you.
Buford T Justice Wrote:2000 Perry 68 Hazard 55
2001 Perry 54 Hazard 48
2002 Perry 78 Hazard 68
2009 Perry 45 Hazard 42
2011 Perry 57 Hazard 49
That is every time Perry has beat Hazard since Perry has been a school in the district championship.

We're talking region here, big guy.
Perry and Hazard have met multiple times in the finals, but Hazard has come out on top every time.

UNLESS I'm wrong. I don't think I am, but rarely do I ever think I'm wrong lol
Buford T Justice Wrote:2000 Perry 68 Hazard 55
2001 Perry 54 Hazard 48
2002 Perry 78 Hazard 68
2009 Perry 45 Hazard 42
2011 Perry 57 Hazard 49

PCC did not beat Hazard these year. 2000 KCC beat Hazard in the first round 72-70. PCC beat KCCC in the final. 2001 Wolfe Co beat PCC in the 2nd round, Hazard beat Wolfe co in the finals. in 2002 Hazard and PCC didn't make the finals. 2009 Hazard beat PCC 51-48, 2011 Hazard lose to KCC in the first round and PCC beat KCC in the finals. the only year PCC and Hazard is 97/98 Hazard won 63-60, 07/08 Hazard won 50-38, 08/09 Hazard won 51-48.
zaga_fan Wrote:We're talking region here, big guy.
Perry and Hazard have met multiple times in the finals, but Hazard has come out on top every time.

if PCC have beat Hazard in the 14th region it would have be 96/97 the first time PCC won the 14th region. i can't remember the other team from the 54th district that went to the 14th region that year. if PCC didn't beat Hazard that year. then PCC had never beat Hazard in the 14th region t-ment.
96-97 pcc beat hazard in the first round of the district
zaga_fan Wrote:We're talking region here, big guy.

Hold up on that car wash gentlemen! Your original post was misleading the way you posted it sounded like you were talking about the district this is the district records of the two you should had specified big guy.
Sorry guys! This was the 14th Region Tournament thread and my post was my prediction.
Perry and Hazard meet in the finals but Perry gets them this time around.
Hazard and Perry have met 3 times in region finals.

98 at Powell
08 at Perry
09 at Powell

Hazard won all 3.

Coach Holland 94 MC Napier team beat Hazard in the Finals at Knott County
Hazard has had a dry spell since winning the 14th almost 10 years! Big Al won it the first 2 years at Hazard 08 and 09! He has a young team this year and is wanting to get back to the state. I would be hesitant about betting against him! When you get this far anything can happen! Any coach will tell his players take 1 game at a time! Those who are already penciling their team in the finals may get a rude awakening. Maybe a rude Dawg awakening!
Easy Wind Wrote:Never heard you call out fat pat for degrading all of lots creek. But that's fine

[Image:

]

Lotts creek drew the lil doggies and got tore up sumthin fierce, wowza!!! Its just a game, concessions, more concessions, and a lot of Patriot Nation baby!

#alwayshaveroomonthebandwagon More mash taters please!!!
[Image:

]

herez the way ole fatpat sees it bolz:

First Round:
Cordia vs. Hazard ----- Hazard
Estill vs. Wolfe ---- Estill
Breathitt vs. Knott ----- Knott
Perry vs. Powell ----- Perry

Semi Finals:
Hazard vs. Estill ---- Estill
Knott vs. Perry ----- Knott

Championship Game:
Estill vs. Knott ---- Knott and a bucket of chesters fried

#fatpathas2020vision More mash taters please!!!
First Round:
Cordia vs. Hazard ----- Cordia
Estill vs. Wolfe ---- Estill
Breathitt vs. Knott ----- Knott
Perry vs. Powell ----- Perry

Semi Finals:
Cordia vs. Estill ---- Cordia
Knott vs. Perry ----- Perry

Championship Game:
Cordia vs. Perry ---- Cordia wins schools 1st ever 14th Region title and Oumar Keita named MVP
OutsideLookingIn Wrote:10 to 12 is not different than 3 or 4, wrong is wrong, therefore I did not hear you complaining about PCC last year and all their transfers. If you don't want to watch them play stay home and save your money for some local YMCA games.

The difference is when PCC, KCC, Hazard or any other school gets a transfer the parents of that transfer move and get a job in that particular school district! And yes before you start naming names there have been a few exceptions and even considering these exceptions the transfers lived with a parents or guardian which housed, fed and clothed them.

Cordia's transfers are not living with parents or guardians, they are living in dorms, being housed, fed, clothed by other means, which is all illegal by KHSAA rules.
Zaga, I think your a good dude and you have a lot of good points on everything you post but I don't think if Cordia wins, it's a Cinderella story. Sure it would be a 1st region title in school history but they had to go and get recruits for it. I think if Estill or Wolfe was to win it, that would be considered a Cinderella story. No one really ever gives those two teams credit. All we ever hear anymore is Perry Central, Hazard or Knott Central. No one really talked about Cordia that much until Rod Rhodes came in and the flood gates of "new players" "every year" started happening. I think once these remaining players that he brought in, graduates, transfers somewhere else, Cordia will go back to what it use to be.
zaga_fan Wrote:My bad. When was the last time Perry beat Hazard in the finals of the 14th?
And don't call me boy.

boy
Guys, Zaga isn't a boy

He's a little man Confusednicker:
If i counted right PCC has been in 14th region tournament 16 times since 1999 and hazard 6 PCC has won it 6 times in that span haz 3 haz won 2 meetings in that time span when they played PCC in championship game. I dont think hazard will get past cordia and i dont think PCC will get by knott. Will be cordia and knott in finals knott winning by 3 [ only my opinion for what its worth ]
Strikeout King Wrote:Zaga, I think your a good dude and you have a lot of good points on everything you post but I don't think if Cordia wins, it's a Cinderella story. Sure it would be a 1st region title in school history but they had to go and get recruits for it. I think if Estill or Wolfe was to win it, that would be considered a Cinderella story. No one really ever gives those two teams credit. All we ever hear anymore is Perry Central, Hazard or Knott Central. No one really talked about Cordia that much until Rod Rhodes came in and the flood gates of "new players" "every year" started happening. I think once these remaining players that he brought in, graduates, transfers somewhere else, Cordia will go back to what it use to be.

I don't understand the unnecessary quotation marks, but whether I think Cordia is having a storybook season or not is purely subjective and no one can tell me it's wrong lol

That's my opinion. Just like it's your opinion no one gives Estill any credit (even though I've seen no one be anything less than complimentary of the Engineers all year).

Cordia's players didn't know if they were going to finish out their season a few weeks ago.

It's likely they will close the doors at the school at the end of the year.

I think that's a pretty good story. Someone should make a documentary about it. Oh wait....
zaga_fan Wrote:I don't understand the unnecessary quotation marks, but whether I think Cordia is having a storybook season or not is purely subjective and no one can tell me it's wrong lol

That's my opinion. Just like it's your opinion no one gives Estill any credit (even though I've seen no one be anything less than complimentary of the Engineers all year).

Cordia's players didn't know if they were going to finish out their season a few weeks ago.

I think that's a pretty good story. Someone should make a documentary about it. Oh wait....
Good idea Zaga....I’ll give Trent Cooper a call!
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:The difference is when PCC, KCC, Hazard or any other school gets a transfer the parents of that transfer move and get a job in that particular school district! And yes before you start naming names there have been a few exceptions and even considering these exceptions the transfers lived with a parents or guardian which housed, fed and clothed them.

Cordia's transfers are not living with parents or guardians, they are living in dorms, being housed, fed, clothed by other means, which is all illegal by KHSAA rules.

That whole region full of out of state players is illegal Confusednicker:
me and mine Wrote:If i counted right PCC has been in 14th region tournament 16 times since 1999 and hazard 6 PCC has won it 6 times in that span haz 3 haz won 2 meetings in that time span when they played PCC in championship game. I dont think hazard will get past cordia and i dont think PCC will get by knott. Will be cordia and knott in finals knott winning by 3 [ only my opinion for what its worth ]

PCC has won 7 regional titles since being a high school 97 99 2000 04 05 11 17 in that span Hazard has won 3 titles 01 08 09 the three times they met in the finals Hazard has won all three. You can check it on the Riherds official site although they only go back to 99 and do not show their 97 title the first year they won the region and the second year of their existence. Big Al was their coach then and also had won titles in 94 and 95 at M. C. Napier. Zaga is right they have not beaten Hazard in the regional final since being a high school although they have won the vast majority of the 54th district meetings between the two schools.
Their has been recruiting the bast 10 years between hazard and Perry central. This is the 1st time in idk how many years they didn’t recruit any. How are you all trying to act like corrida shouldn’t be in the tournament when the two from Perry county started this. Win with mountain boys lose with mountain boys is the only way it should be.
SmileyTown Wrote:PCC has won 7 regional titles since being a high school 97 99 2000 04 05 11 17 in that span Hazard has won 3 titles 01 08 09 the three times they met in the finals Hazard has won all three. You can check it on the Riherds official site although they only go back to 99 and do not show their 97 title the first year they won the region and the second year of their existence. Big Al was their coach then and also had won titles in 94 and 95 at M. C. Napier. Zaga is right they have not beaten Hazard in the regional final since being a high school although they have won the vast majority of the 54th district meetings between the two schools.

Everyone got all tore up when they should have just understood they're talking to a scholar

:trolldad2:
4ever witness Wrote:Their has been recruiting the bast 10 years between hazard and Perry central. This is the 1st time in idk how many years they didn’t recruit any. How are you all trying to act like corrida shouldn’t be in the tournament when the two from Perry county started this. Win with mountain boys lose with mountain boys is the only way it should be.

mountain boys from Kentucky and from the district that the school is in to be more specific Confusednicker:
zaga_fan Wrote:I don't understand the unnecessary quotation marks, but whether I think Cordia is having a storybook season or not is purely subjective and no one can tell me it's wrong lol

There was never a consideration that Cordia high school would not finish this school year!