Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Recruiting isn't Tubby's fault"
corndog23 Wrote:The whole Style of Play argument as to why we dont land recruits is a figment of Tubby Haters imaginations. It simply is not true.

that's not entirely true.. i have heard several different times players saying that they didn't want to play in tubby's system.. and you can't really blame them.. Ky's best scorer averages what like 12 to 15 a game or something? and the team averages what about 60 to 70 points a game? we see more than that in high school.. big time recruits want to come to a play where points will be scored and the action will be exciting.. not to mention they want to wear sandals in the winter.. (can't blame them there).. but for the past few years.. the pace has really slowed down.. and everyone can see it.. and stars want to be able to run the court..

Meeks, Jasper, and Stevenson, are the only good things goin for UK right now.. and i have to say whoever got them to UK did a good job.. But for the past few years.. we've had Sparks, who i couldn't stand to watch, buike, who left or whatever, Morris, who can't figure out if he wants to play or just hang out. then you got players like thomas, bradley, morrison, and whoever else, that really don't do a whole lot to get people cheering for UK..
I'm in love with Tawnya.. hehe..

Tom is not my friend....

if you have any questions send me a p.m.
What kills me is that Stevenson gets in for maybe 2 or three mins and does a great job and then he takes him out and never puts him back in. If they would run up and down the floor more he would get better players to come in.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
Brandon Wright has already gone on record as saying the reason he chose UNC over UK was because of the fast paced style that Roy runs compared to the slow ball of Tubby. Yes, recruits do notice these things and choose accordingly. No doubt if Tubby had landed Kevin Durant, he'd be playing behing Bobby and Sheray and averaging only abot 8-10 ppg. Top high school players are turned off by Tubbyball. I would be also.
First Time Caller Wrote:Brandon Wright has already gone on record as saying the reason he chose UNC over UK was because of the fast paced style that Roy runs compared to the slow ball of Tubby. Yes, recruits do notice these things and choose accordingly. No doubt if Tubby had landed Kevin Durant, he'd be playing behing Bobby and Sheray and averaging only abot 8-10 ppg. Top high school players are turned off by Tubbyball. I would be also.
Show me that in writing.......
Amun-Ra Wrote:anyone who can judge character. you can tell a lot about a players heart when u meet them. Tubby consistantly goes after players who could careless. JMO

morris rarely plays with heart and rondo did careless but i think that crawford always wants to win out there and his character is fine
First Time Caller Wrote:Brandon Wright has already gone on record as saying the reason he chose UNC over UK was because of the fast paced style that Roy runs compared to the slow ball of Tubby. Yes, recruits do notice these things and choose accordingly. No doubt if Tubby had landed Kevin Durant, he'd be playing behing Bobby and Sheray and averaging only abot 8-10 ppg. Top high school players are turned off by Tubbyball. I would be also.

I need proff that he said that.
Benchwarmer Wrote:I need proff that he said that.

Fine. Check the sports page in the Sunday December 3rd 2006 edition of the Lexington Herald Leader. It's right there in black and white. You'll find all the proof you need.
Remember what Billy packer said during the nova game when talking about the guard who went to Nova after Sampson went to Indy, "what guard wouldn't want to go to an play in a system like Nova's, I thought that was a slam against UK.
Doc Holliday Wrote:Remember what Billy packer said during the nova game when talking about the guard who went to Nova after Sampson went to Indy, "what guard wouldn't want to go to an play in a system like Nova's, I thought that was a slam against UK.
I'd like to bust Packer right across the face just 1 time.
im startin a tubby smith fan club for anybody who wabts to join
bizmark Wrote:im startin a tubby smith fan club for anybody who wabts to join
Thats a great idea. He is a great coach and deserves all of our support.
bizmark Wrote:morris rarely plays with heart and rondo did careless but i think that crawford always wants to win out there and his character is fine
ur right about Morris. after he said comment about not having his head in the game, i would have died before he would have got one minute in the next one. Crawford???? might want to win everygame but he is inconsistant like i said and he always looks like he would rather be doin something else.
DevilsWin Wrote:I'd like to bust Packer right across the face just 1 time.

that would be a difficult task as you would have to move both Coach K and Roy Williams buttocks from in front of it.