Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Coaching Changes In The 14th and 15th?
Faith Wrote:You need to check your sources. SV fired him twice and the last reason was unforgivible. I was told he will never work in the county again.

Who ever told you that doesn't know a basketball from a grapefruit. I get the impression you don't like Spears Faith. All I ever know of him doing is working his butt and putting everything he has into winning. If you never played for him, then you obviously formed your opinion based on what someone else told you and thats your right. My daughter spent 6 years playing for Bobby and I guarantee you any program he is running is in good hands.
LoveThatCourt Wrote:[INDENT]
[INDENT]Why would you fire someone twice? Looks like 1 time would have been enough. My sources tell me the reason he quit coaching at SV was because he wouldn't let a certain player/players run the team. Does anybody, anywhere have anything on him in writing? I don't think so, but if they do they need to produce it before he starts up at ER.[/INDENT]

[/INDENT]

Your sources would be correct. The only thing in writing they might could come up with is......over 300 wins, 14 District titles, a Regional championship and to me the most impressive, 35-40 players that went to college on full basketball scholarships.
Any program should be glad to have someone with the record Bobby Spears has.He will be a great addition to ER if this is true,it would be awesome to see Bobby back on the sidelines.Good luck Bobby,great coach.
Bengal Cat Wrote:Your sources would be correct. The only thing in writing they might could come up with is......over 300 wins, 14 District titles, a Regional championship and to me the most impressive, 35-40 players that went to college on full basketball scholarships.

He has won some games! I would hate to think if you coach for thirty years you wouldn't. The team that won the region should have won it four years in a row. I know for a fact he never had that many people play college ball and I have been around for a while.
Faith Wrote:He has won some games! I would hate to think if you coach for thirty years you wouldn't. The team that won the region should have won it four years in a row. I know for a fact he never had that many people play college ball and I have been around for a while.

You know what? With all due respect, your facts are about as reliable as your sources. Do some research at Old Dorton High School and Shelby Valley. Count them yourself.

As far as the parents not wanting him at ER.....I was told by someone in the Superintendents office just the opposite. I was told the people up there were excited. There are a few that wanted someone else, but the majority was fine with it. So I guess wherever the smear campaign is coming from (and Spears knows) it had better kick into high gear, because its being laughed at by the people that matter.

As for the reasons being unforgivable his last season....it has come to my attention that Mr. Spears started to go forward with a lawsuit for people trying to drag his good name through the mud. I was informed just today that its not too late for those to go forward. Seems Defamation of Character and Slander is still illegal in this country. So people better be careful about accusing someone of something thats not true.
I will say this and will not post on this thread no more,Everyone knows that Tussey was none wrong look at their boys they have no regional titles but he keeps his job.He keeps his job,Tussey was to good of a person to get done the way she got done.Remember what goes around comesaround and I sure hope it does. As far as the site based it is a big JOKE!Good luck Coach Tussey you are class act and keep your head up.
I know what you are saying Private. Its sad when a person that has given a school all they have & are allowed to be pushed out. We can't blame the kids. They are just that ...KIDS and anything like that can only go as far as the Parents and Administration let it go.
Bengal Cat Wrote:You know what? With all due respect, your facts are about as reliable as your sources. Do some research at Old Dorton High School and Shelby Valley. Count them yourself.

As far as the parents not wanting him at ER.....I was told by someone in the Superintendents office just the opposite. I was told the people up there were excited. There are a few that wanted someone else, but the majority was fine with it. So I guess wherever the smear campaign is coming from (and Spears knows) it had better kick into high gear, because its being laughed at by the people that matter.

As for the reasons being unforgivable his last season....it has come to my attention that Mr. Spears started to go forward with a lawsuit for people trying to drag his good name through the mud. I was informed just today that its not too late for those to go forward. Seems Defamation of Character and Slander is still illegal in this country. So people better be careful about accusing someone of something thats not true.

I don't blame him! I would go forth with it to. I hear straight out of the parents of the only talent up there, and they said if he comes that they will split the team. THe BOE will listen to the parents, and they have already met with them. I don't think I would go coach somewhere if I wasn't wanted. He has problems before his season already has started. I wish him and the Lady Warriors mmuch luck. He is a good person, and I think he is an ok coach, but I promise you he did not have that many people playing college ball. If that fact was true then I guess he needed to be asked to step down because if he had that much talent he should of won numerous 15th region championships. Some of the best coaches in the game do not have that many kids playing college. I am done in this thread!:letsparty
Agree with Private. !!!
The BOE will only listen to the parents that matter, not every parent. If some of the parents want to split the team, then thats what they need to do. Cause what school wants parents that are going to cause trouble for years to come. I don't think you could make all the parents happy if you brought Mickey DeMoss up there to coach.
Bobby Spears is a fine coach and person. However, East Ridge has made the mistake of letting one parent run their program since its beginning. Hiring and firing the coaches. Maybe that is why they are where they are now. Bottom feeder.
Also,
The board only listens to that one parent that has destroyed their program.. They have only a few kids at East Ridge left and cannot afford to be split. However, the politicians don't care about East Ridge. Never Have!!! They use it to keep bringing in outsiders for the money and no one is building their program. Time is ticking. They cannot afford another split and the Shelby Valley people are feeding the rumors on Bobby and afraid he will get the job. If he does and the players will stay Shelby Valley is in trouble this year. They have the young talent to WIN!!! if the politicians will leave them alone.
Jobs are open at East Ridge, Sheldon Clark, and Phelps. Any front runners for these jobs?
Shelby Valley doesn't have the talent to win much this year,,they lost not only a great coach, but a great athlete as well! Looks like 59th district is open! And as for East Ridge they'll be looking for Bobby Spears in the next week!! Anyone heard who is the front runner at Shelby Valley will be?
IMO Cordia needs a coach but it jus seems to me there cant get anyone that whats to come over there, they jus wanna hire someone that close to the school and has some ties and thas with every school just dont see them winning with the guy they got right now.
HotShot5 Wrote:Shelby Valley doesn't have the talent to win much this year,,they lost not only a great coach, but a great athlete as well! Looks like 59th district is open! And as for East Ridge they'll be looking for Bobby Spears in the next week!! Anyone heard who is the front runner at Shelby Valley will be?

I stated a long time ago that Spears would be coaching next year. Should be hearing the official announcement soon. When it happens, I will start a thread of congratulations for ER and their new coach.

As for Valley.....I'm hearing Johnny Alvin.
The Phelps girls job is taken care of. Coach already in line. Just waiting for the official hire.
[INDENT]Bengal Cat be ready to start your thread tomorrow!
[/INDENT]
LoveThatCourt Wrote:[INDENT]Bengal Cat be ready to start your thread tomorrow![/INDENT]
To hire Spears they will have to post the job so many day, and that has not been the case yet. I think they need to hire someone as soon as possible, but as right now the Morgans are still getting paid for the job.

Greg Napier is still the head coach at Shelby Valley.
LoveThatCourt Wrote:[INDENT]Bengal Cat be ready to start your thread tomorrow!
[/INDENT]

The keyboard is ready LTC..........lol
Faith Wrote:To hire Spears they will have to post the job so many day, and that has not been the case yet. I think they need to hire someone as soon as possible, but as right now the Morgans are still getting paid for the job.

Greg Napier is still the head coach at Shelby Valley.

How are you doing Faith? Hope all is well.
[quote=Bengal Cat]How are you doing Faith? Hope all is well.[/quoteI

I'm good. How about yourself?
Greg Napier is not the head coach at Sv anymore. Don't know who is gonna replace him.
I hear that Allen Central Girls are looking for a basketball coach also. :p
i for one will miss greg napier! he is a great coach and im sure valley's team will miss him to! but i wish him the best!
who do you think wll get the job!!!!I heard the boys assisted coach boys is the front runner Hundley!
Nape will be missed at Valley. Whoever replaces him has some very LARGE shoes to fill, he was one of the best coaches ever in the 15th.
if anyone but coach johnny gets it the program will go straight down the tubes.
Okay, I'm really confused! Who is the current SV coach and why is he quitting?
Tomahawk Wrote:Also,
The board only listens to that one parent that has destroyed their program.. They have only a few kids at East Ridge left and cannot afford to be split. However, the politicians don't care about East Ridge. Never Have!!! They use it to keep bringing in outsiders for the money and no one is building their program. Time is ticking. They cannot afford another split and the Shelby Valley people are feeding the rumors on Bobby and afraid he will get the job. If he does and the players will stay Shelby Valley is in trouble this year. They have the young talent to WIN!!! if the politicians will leave them alone.

Dont' ever think the politics will stay out and let the kids have good programs it just isnt in the cards. Not interested in good teams just interested in controlling everything.