Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland 17 Pikeville 14
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Wow , your taking a great game and turing into the Refs fault no class take your damn loss and grow the heck up

:biglmao::flame:

Says the guy whose team has no penalties while the other team has a ton.
I agree. Pikevilles youth showed in their discipline. The left gaurd was early every snap and one of the RBs did too. It is what it is. Hazard outgained Pikeville two weeks ago and penalties and turnovers allowed Pikeville to win the ball game. So why is it any different here? Pikeville is a DAMN good program and they in no way looked like a team with 3 seniors and that only contributes more to the coaching staff. They will be a fkrce for the next couple years. Imo, this thread needs shut down before it gets put of hand and cheapens one of, if not tbe best game in EKY this year.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:I agree. Pikevilles youth showed in their discipline. The left gaurd was early every snap and one of the RBs did too. It is what it is. Hazard outgained Pikeville two weeks ago and penalties and turnovers allowed Pikeville to win the ball game. So why is it any different here? Pikeville is a DAMN good program and they in no way looked like a team with 3 seniors and that only contributes more to the coaching staff. They will be a fkrce for the next couple years. Imo, this thread needs shut down before it gets put of hand and cheapens one of, if not tbe best game in EKY this year.

2 BIG differences. Hazard has 6 turnovers in that game. How many did Pikeville have? Also Pikeville had several penalties in that game vs Hazard, while Raceland had zero. So 2 big differences.
This game will leave Pikeville even hungrier going forward, so in that sense it will be a positive. Beechwood is just too loaded so I don't think either team was going to take them out this year. Just hate to see such a lopsided called game and if the shoe was on the other foot Raceland fans would be going freaking nuts.
I am a Pikeville fan, most of the penalities were legit. But did Raceland play a game without them in my opinion no. My opinion don’t count. Penalties I personally don’t think beat us we failed to execute on few plays that hurt in the as they say in red zone. I would never take anything away from these Raceland players they played their hearts out and won. Was a great game but we came out short just like Hazard did against us. One more thing to the Raceland players don’t pay any attention to these threads go to Lexington and beat those Beechnuts and bring back the trophy and here is one Pikeville Panther fan that will cheering for the RAMS. Love those Pikeville Panthers
jetpilot Wrote:2 BIG differences. Hazard has 6 turnovers in that game. How many did Pikeville have? Also Pikeville had several penalties in that game vs Hazard, while Raceland had zero. So 2 big differences.

You sure your not from Paintsville
anotherfootballnut Wrote:You sure your not from Paintsville

Ouch, you really know how to kick a guy when he's down afn. I'm done. Hope you guys take down the mighty Beechnuts.
Looking at stats Raceland threw the ball 5 times and run it 42 times. 3 passes went to Dalton Adkins. The wideout threw one of them.
Well, being that Pikeville AND Harlan County lost, you guys will NOT be seeing Jet Pilot and I streaking on the 50.

YOUR loss!!!!

Confusednicker:
Granny Bear Wrote:Well, being that Pikeville AND Harlan County lost, you guys will NOT be seeing Jet Pilot and I streaking on the 50.

YOUR loss!!!!

Confusednicker:

I'm still up for it GB! I'm going to try to go to the 1A and 3A games and would like to see Cov Cath play also.
Where was the officials from in this one?
bac2369 Wrote:Where was the officials from in this one?

From hell.:devilflam
Just watched the replay on EKB and the announcers questioned the spots or placements all night after most tackles. Liked one quote "glad these guys (refs) aren't land surveyors as they have given the Rams plenty of ground all night".
jetpilot Wrote::biglmao::flame:

Says the guy whose team has no penalties while the other team has a ton.

There was a big difference in penalties but hard to blame the refs when Raceland showed more discipline all game! Just doesnt do anyone any good whining over a loss about penalties! It takes so much away from what the boys on both sides have done all season and especially in this game which was a great hard fought game and the only reason anyone lost was because they had to!
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Wow , your taking a great game and turing into the Refs fault no class take your damn loss and grow the heck up
Lol. Great game. Stand by my statement. Next time, we will just have to make sure a few flags has no impact on it. And the way you’ve talked on other threads and such, you have no leg to stand on telling people to grow up.
PHSForever Wrote:Lol. Great game. Stand by my statement. Next time, we will just have to make sure a few flags has no impact on it. And the way you’ve talked on other threads and such, you have no leg to stand on telling people to grow up.

And considering him and a few others from Raceland has blamed the refs for their previous 5 losses to Paintsville, they sure don't need to be telling Pikeville fans to let it go or grow up.
jetpilot Wrote:100+ yards in penalties to 0 for Raceland in the 1st half while Pikeville was repeatedly driving down the field to go up by 2TDs and probably put the game away was a killer. Not going to post for a couple days on this one, definitely left a bad taste in my mouth. Congrats to the Rams and good luck.

9 penalties for 85 yards.

http://www.dailyindependent.com/sports/r...4bdea.html
The majority of those flags were false starts. The guard on the left side tried to get a head start almost every time he pulled.
Redneck Wrote:And considering him and a few others from Raceland has blamed the refs for their previous 5 losses to Paintsville, they sure don't need to be telling Pikeville fans to let it go or grow up.

Not really. I thought the refs in the second Paintsville game were the best ever.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:The majority of those flags were false starts. The guard on the left side tried to get a head start almost every time he pulled.
He pulled on the snap a majority of the time. We’re a few early? Yep. Most were legit on the snap though. And as Redneck pointed out, perhaps more than any fan base on this site, the Rams fans have blamed the refs for losses, particularly to Paintsville. Scotty, whom I normally respect as a poster, has been one of the more level headed, I will admit.
Hatz Wrote:9 penalties for 85 yards.

This is probably right but it don’t count the yards that they gained before they accessed the penalty yards and some where pretty good yardage. But it don’t matter I like said before we got beat because we didn’t execute well but don’t threw that number out there to prove a point because it don’t take all the yardage into account.
15 yards was a bad shot on a punt return hitting a defenseless guy.
Maybe 1-2 holding calls the rest I believe was offsides. Correct me if I wrong.

All legit calls just happened at the worst times. 2 call was back to back that seemed to change the momentum for pikeville.

Like I said it was going to be a slobber nocker and it was. Two teams leaving it all in the field and gave everyone watching a heck of a show. Great job to both teams.

Those refs were a mix crew from what one of them told me. Never worked together.
Redneck Wrote:And considering him and a few others from Raceland has blamed the refs for their previous 5 losses to Paintsville, they sure don't need to be telling Pikeville fans to let it go or grow up.

Devil and Nut do lead the Ram Fan base in that particular stat with Jet usually blowing the competition away for the Panthers FB! Still as far as the boys on both sides, what a Great way to wrap up a season especially with both programs under a "Rebuilding year"! I didn't buy that crap when either fan base started selling it last December! Lol Good programs always find a way to be competitive!
PHSForever Wrote:He pulled on the snap a majority of the time. We’re a few early? Yep. Most were legit on the snap though. And as Redneck pointed out, perhaps more than any fan base on this site, the Rams fans have blamed the refs for losses, particularly to Paintsville. Scotty, whom I normally respect as a poster, has been one of the more level headed, I will admit.

Listened to this one on the radio but Need to watch it on EKB. I'd Like to see if it was as bad as some panther fans say! Didn't sound horribly called but hard to tell by just listening.
Blue_Bird96 Wrote:Devil and Nut do lead the Ram Fan base in that particular stat with Jet usually blowing the competition away for the Panthers FB! Still as far as the boys on both sides, what a Great way to wrap up a season especially with both programs under a "Rebuilding year"! I didn't buy that crap when either fan base started selling it last December! Lol Good programs always find a way to be competitive!

You have to look at it from our standpoint though. Coming into this season we had lost nearly 90% of our starting lineup which included a QB who had over 3000 yards passing, a receiver who had over 1100 yards, and a running back who had nearly 1500 yards rushing. We also had to completely restructure our defense. With all that we lost I think it was a fair assessment to assume that this would be a rebuilding year and it would have been crazy to talk about this team being in the title game. These boys have played the underdog role and they greatly overachieved this year and they didn't listen to any of the naysayers. I am beyond proud of these boys and what they have done for this community is something that will be remembered for a very long time.
PHSForever Wrote:He pulled on the snap a majority of the time. We’re a few early? Yep. Most were legit on the snap though. And as Redneck pointed out, perhaps more than any fan base on this site, the Rams fans have blamed the refs for losses, particularly to Paintsville. Scotty, whom I normally respect as a poster, has been one of the more level headed, I will admit.

Ive griped about officials, yes. But id venture to say that nearly each time I have its followed up with "but you cant let officials dictate the outcome of a game".

But this 7 officials crap was just that, crap. Officiating has been sub par at beat on the average all year. But its a part of every game, every week, someone gets sqrewed. Ive watched the game again. The personal foul early, the false starts were legit, and the big eun in the first half that got called back was legit and directly affected the hole the kid ran through. But, in the same breath, there were a handful of pass interference calls missed on both sides. And I saw with my own eyes, number 14 from Pikeville was lined up across the LOS on every snap inside the north ends redzone, but it was never called. But its all over, this crap takes away from an incredible ball game between two groups of young men that shouldnt have even been there and were not expected to be there. Let er go boys!
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Ive griped about officials, yes. But id venture to say that nearly each time I have its followed up with "but you cant let officials dictate the outcome of a game".

But this 7 officials crap was just that, crap. Officiating has been sub par at beat on the average all year. But its a part of every game, every week, someone gets sqrewed. Ive watched the game again. The personal foul early, the false starts were legit, and the big eun in the first half that got called back was legit and directly affected the hole the kid ran through. But, in the same breath, there were a handful of pass interference calls missed on both sides. And I saw with my own eyes, number 14 from Pikeville was lined up across the LOS on every snap inside the north ends redzone, but it was never called. But its all over, this crap takes away from an incredible ball game between two groups of young men that shouldnt have even been there and were not expected to be there. Let er go boys!

Like I said before the penalties had nothing to do with it (but I didn’t agree with some of them) Pikeville didn’t execute an make the plays they needed too and Raceland did.
Hatz Wrote:9 penalties for 85 yards.

I was adding gains wiped out. One of the penalties moved the ball from the Raceland 45 to the Pikeville 32 and another moved it from the Raceland 23 to the Pikeville 38. Anyways by any measure it was Pikeville all Raceland none in the penalty department.
The odds of all the penalties being called on one team in a game between two evenly matched high school teams is about the same as being struck by lightning, getting run over by a bus, hitting the powerball and getting married to Kate Upton all in the same day.:flame:
Blue_Bird96 Wrote:Listened to this one on the radio but Need to watch it on EKB. I'd Like to see if it was as bad as some panther fans say! Didn't sound horribly called but hard to tell by just listening.

Tried to watch the game twice on EKBtv, but the live stream sucked. It was all in slow motion, sound was horrible, and the picture was scrambled most of the time. just hope Panther thunder puts up some video. Always reliable.