Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin 20 Mayfield 17
Actually all 3 scores came on blown coverage by the same db. The defense for the most part did a good job. You also factor in, much like the Williamsburg game of 14, those were college goal posts. They are more narrow. So, that one missed fg, was barely a miss. If it were high school goal posts, it's probably good and enough to get to OT. To me the craziest play was throwing to a wr at the 3-5 yard line in bounds with 6 seconds left in half. Either throw to endzone of kick fg. As they say, that's why the ball is shaped funny and bounces weird. You just have things like that in some games. We have won more times then not on those types of things. I just hope both teams heal any injuries and close out the year really strong. This is truly good for both programs.
Evidently Corbin made enough plays to win, and Mayfield didn't. Happens every time someone wins someone loses.
mysonis55 Wrote:Actually all 3 scores came on blown coverage by the same db. The defense for the most part did a good job. You also factor in, much like the Williamsburg game of 14, those were college goal posts. They are more narrow. So, that one missed fg, was barely a miss. If it were high school goal posts, it's probably good and enough to get to OT. To me the craziest play was throwing to a wr at the 3-5 yard line in bounds with 6 seconds left in half. Either throw to endzone of kick fg. As they say, that's why the ball is shaped funny and bounces weird. You just have things like that in some games. We have won more times then not on those types of things. I just hope both teams heal any injuries and close out the year really strong. This is truly good for both programs.

64, you didn't tell us it took Corbin cheating with smaller goal post to win
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:64, you didn't tell us it took Corbin cheating with smaller goal post to win

I was actually waiting on a Corbin cheated post to occur...lol
How did the rhyme go that Don Meredith sang at the end of NFL Monday Night games, if IF's and Buts were Candy and Nuts...................
Sure would like to play mayfield again and get another win from mysonis55. Confusedmoke::
Both teams are overrated.

Smile
Credit to Corbin. They were the better team and deserved the win. Discussing things you think your team could do better doesn't necessarily mean you are taking anything from your opponent.

Regarding MF's DBs, it's not just one young man. And there really isn't any excuse for it. They are so athletic back there, but it takes more than just rolling out speed and talent and hoping for the best. There are some problems with technique, such as turning the right way out of breaks, getting your head around and finding the ball, attacking the ball at the highest point... I know they work on these things daily, I'm unclear why it's not getting better. My biggest concern is not following the scouting report. Graves had one receiver that merited a cushion. The others not so much. Yet we allowed the screen guys to catch hitch passes for good gains all night and the deep threat to get behind us. I get the feeling there is a lack of focus somewhere. If kids don't want to listen or pay attention, maybe a little time watching would help. It's my understanding MF gets Kemp back this week. Perhaps that will help.

Regardless of all that, with the weapons MF has, 20 points allowed should mean a MF victory. I personally believe MF should run to set up the pass instead of pass to set up the run, but the stats this week don't really support that theory. It was a great defensive gameplan by Corbin, their kids executed it perfectly, and I tip my hat to them.
Wienerschnitzel Wrote:Both teams are overrated.

Smile

Sorry about your prediction in the mayfield vs Corbin game and how in the world could you pick mayfield 34-14 win Confusederiously:
Corbin Tough Schedule good win
64SUR Wrote:Sure would like to play mayfield again and get another win from mysonis55. Confusedmoke::

You'll have to find a new team in their schedule to root for TongueirateSho
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:You'll have to find a new team in their schedule to root for TongueirateSho

I got one waiting if mayfeild makes it to Kroger field LCA baby!! Confusednicker:
Beechwood beat Corbin. And Cov Cath destroyed Beechwood
mysonis55 Wrote:Actually all 3 scores came on blown coverage by the same db. The defense for the most part did a good job. You also factor in, much like the Williamsburg game of 14, those were college goal posts. They are more narrow. So, that one missed fg, was barely a miss. If it were high school goal posts, it's probably good and enough to get to OT. To me the craziest play was throwing to a wr at the 3-5 yard line in bounds with 6 seconds left in half. Either throw to endzone of kick fg. As they say, that's why the ball is shaped funny and bounces weird. You just have things like that in some games. We have won more times then not on those types of things. I just hope both teams heal any injuries and close out the year really strong. This is truly good for both programs.

One was a blown coverage. The kid simply got beat on the other two.
Wienerschnitzel Wrote:Both teams are overrated.

Smile

Confusednicker:
blue55 Wrote:Evidently Corbin made enough plays to win, and Mayfield didn't. Happens every time someone wins someone loses.

:truestory:
bo67 Wrote:Beechwood beat Corbin. And Cov Cath destroyed Beechwood

I'm not understanding, what does Cov Cath and Beechwood have to do with Corbin/Mayfield ?
Both teams will be tough out as the year progresses.
The Spread Wrote:I'm not understanding, what does Cov Cath and Beechwood have to do with Corbin/Mayfield ?

Take note that there aren't near as many people commenting on this thread. People love to hate Corbin. The second they see a Corbin loss in a thread, everyone rushes to comment and say how overrated Corbin is. They see a Corbin win, then they either don't comment or comment something irrelevant. People love to hate the hounds.
That same cornerback has been a starter there for 2 years never had the blowing coverage problem before all blame isnt on him if Joe or one of the coaches had been paying attention they would have seen the player they snuck onto the field and scored a uncovered TD.Joe got punked by Haddix on that play whole staff did.
bo67 Wrote:Beechwood beat Corbin. And Cov Cath destroyed Beechwood
Beechwood beat Covington 62-0.
Oh nevermind, the week before.
barnabus_c2001 Wrote:That same cornerback has been a starter there for 2 years never had the blowing coverage problem before all blame isnt on him if Joe or one of the coaches had been paying attention they would have seen the player they snuck onto the field and scored a uncovered TD.Joe got punked by Haddix on that play whole staff did.

Coaches were probably busy arguing the personal foul call from the play before that was utter bs. That kind was clearly in bounds when he got rocked.
CoachNM0523 Wrote:Take note that there aren't near as many people commenting on this thread. People love to hate Corbin. The second they see a Corbin loss in a thread, everyone rushes to comment and say how overrated Corbin is. They see a Corbin win, then they either don't comment or comment something irrelevant. People love to hate the hounds.

You think too much of your Hounds..... Most people don't care one way or the other. I'm 15 minutes from Corbin and while I'm not a Hound fan - i was happy to see this one to shut those arrogant Mayfield fans up....
Kracken Wrote:Coaches were probably busy arguing the personal foul call from the play before that was utter bs. That kind was clearly in bounds when he got rocked.

There were plenty of bs calls to go around in that game. Mayfield definitely got the better end as far as officiating goes. Stop making excuses.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:There were plenty of bs calls to go around in that game. Mayfield definitely got the better end as far as officiating goes. Stop making excuses.

I wasn't making excuses, I was explaining why I thought the coaches may have missed the deception play.

Read my earlier posts. I've done nothing but give credit to Corbin as being the better team that night. Your accusations are risible.
Kracken Wrote:Coaches were probably busy arguing the personal foul call from the play before that was utter bs. That kind was clearly in bounds when he got rocked.

still crying because Corbin hammered that a$$ :biglmao::biglmao:
CoachNM0523 Wrote:Take note that there aren't near as many people commenting on this thread. People love to hate Corbin. The second they see a Corbin loss in a thread, everyone rushes to comment and say how overrated Corbin is. They see a Corbin win, then they either don't comment or comment something irrelevant. People love to hate the hounds.
I hope you don't ever think that I'm a fan of Corbin, but I cheered for them in this game :biggrin:
HOFER Wrote:Beechwood beat Covington 62-0.

lost ain't ye? lol