Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FINAL: Paintsville 82 Prestonsburg 68
15thRegionX Wrote:Must have put Patton on him at Half...Rolleyes
Yeah i think your right, I seen Patton guarding his water bottle. Thats abouls all he could do w/ Slone. :rockon:
Yeah i think your right, I seen Patton guarding his water bottle. Thats abouls all he could do w/ Slone. :rockon:
:lmao: good one!!!
There was no point in the game where Landon was being guarded by Patton except when Landon got an offensive board and tried putting it back up and Patton blocked it. Btw I saw the stat sheet, Patton was 2/3 from the field, with 8 rebounds and 7 blocks. If he could catch the ball he might score a little more.
There was no point in the game where Landon was being guarded by Patton except when Landon got an offensive board and tried putting it back up and Patton blocked it. Btw I saw the stat sheet, Patton was 2/3 from the field, with 8 rebounds and 7 blocks. If he could catch the ball he might score a little more.
BLUEGRASS-RULES Wrote:Yeah i think your right, I seen Patton guarding his water bottle. Thats abouls all he could do w/ Slone. :rockon:

HAHA! I was just saying that because everyone is talking about how great of a defensive player he is. Myself, I don't think he is much of a player to be his height!
BLUEGRASS-RULES Wrote:Yeah i think your right, I seen Patton guarding his water bottle. Thats abouls all he could do w/ Slone. :rockon:

HAHA! I was just saying that because everyone is talking about how great of a defensive player he is. Myself, I don't think he is much of a player to be his height!

Justin Credible Wrote:There was no point in the game where Landon was being guarded by Patton except when Landon got an offensive board and tried putting it back up and Patton blocked it. Btw I saw the stat sheet, Patton was 2/3 from the field, with 8 rebounds and 7 blocks. If he could catch the ball he might score a little more.

Sounds like a Ben Wallace to me. If he can't catch the ball he isn't worth anything! BTW if he is such a great Defensive player...what is Landon Slone doing getting offensive boards on him?Confusedhh:
Justin Credible Wrote:There was no point in the game where Landon was being guarded by Patton except when Landon got an offensive board and tried putting it back up and Patton blocked it. Btw I saw the stat sheet, Patton was 2/3 from the field, with 8 rebounds and 7 blocks. If he could catch the ball he might score a little more.

Sounds like a Ben Wallace to me. If he can't catch the ball he isn't worth anything! BTW if he is such a great Defensive player...what is Landon Slone doing getting offensive boards on him?Confusedhh:

He's not the best but I believe he's doing alright for his first year of actually getting to play. His father shoud've held him back in middle school, this would've been a great learning year for him.
He's not the best but I believe he's doing alright for his first year of actually getting to play. His father shoud've held him back in middle school, this would've been a great learning year for him.
15thRegionX Wrote:Sounds like a Ben Wallace to me. If he can't catch the ball he isn't worth anything! BTW if he is such a great Defensive player...what is Landon Slone doing getting offensive boards on him?Confusedhh:

Man you are so jealous. You must have a real problem with Patton, did he refuse to give you an autograph?:flame:
15thRegionX Wrote:Sounds like a Ben Wallace to me. If he can't catch the ball he isn't worth anything! BTW if he is such a great Defensive player...what is Landon Slone doing getting offensive boards on him?Confusedhh:

Man you are so jealous. You must have a real problem with Patton, did he refuse to give you an autograph?:flame:
BeaverCreek Connection Wrote:Man you are so jealous. You must have a real problem with Patton, did he refuse to give you an autograph?:flame:

Jealous of what? Patton is nothing great at all. I am just saying that 6 blocks is nothng major at all. You still did not answer my question about Landon Slone getting Off. boards on him. BTW I wouldn't waste a piece of paper and the ink on getting this guys autograph. You probably have it sitting beside your bed and kiss it every night before you go to bed...:flame:
BeaverCreek Connection Wrote:Man you are so jealous. You must have a real problem with Patton, did he refuse to give you an autograph?:flame:

Jealous of what? Patton is nothing great at all. I am just saying that 6 blocks is nothng major at all. You still did not answer my question about Landon Slone getting Off. boards on him. BTW I wouldn't waste a piece of paper and the ink on getting this guys autograph. You probably have it sitting beside your bed and kiss it every night before you go to bed...:flame:
If any of you watched the game, the Cats played zone the entire 1st half and any one that knows bball knows that zone D makes it hard for block out assignments and allows most teams get more rebounds. In the second half the Cats went more man and the D focused more on stopping Slone and he then got the ball to other players in better scoring positions thus he scored less in the second. As a Blackcat fan, I am not sure what some of you Tiger fans want out of this team. I thought the Tigers played well for most of the game, they hit big shots in key moments, played great help D and better D overall than I have seen them play in several games that I have watch them this year. They took the challenge of the bigger Cats interior and stepped up and played pretty good on the boards considering the size difference. They came out of the locked room in the 3rd and improved on a pretty good 1st half. These are kids and do make mistakes and don't always play their best but to question their heart is funny. I thought both teams showed a real passion to want to win this game just the Tigers were the better team this night.

As for Patton, for his experience level he is a pretty good player overall. This is his 1st year basically playing on the varsity level and if I'm not mistaken (correct me if I'm wrong Beavercreek) he did not play in middle school and shot up in height later and most kids it takes a while to learn how to play with a quick growth spurt. But I think he is a big part of the Cat team night in and out and has shown a lot of progress throughout the year. The Cats as a team are young and inexperienced but are growing as a team every game.
If any of you watched the game, the Cats played zone the entire 1st half and any one that knows bball knows that zone D makes it hard for block out assignments and allows most teams get more rebounds. In the second half the Cats went more man and the D focused more on stopping Slone and he then got the ball to other players in better scoring positions thus he scored less in the second. As a Blackcat fan, I am not sure what some of you Tiger fans want out of this team. I thought the Tigers played well for most of the game, they hit big shots in key moments, played great help D and better D overall than I have seen them play in several games that I have watch them this year. They took the challenge of the bigger Cats interior and stepped up and played pretty good on the boards considering the size difference. They came out of the locked room in the 3rd and improved on a pretty good 1st half. These are kids and do make mistakes and don't always play their best but to question their heart is funny. I thought both teams showed a real passion to want to win this game just the Tigers were the better team this night.

As for Patton, for his experience level he is a pretty good player overall. This is his 1st year basically playing on the varsity level and if I'm not mistaken (correct me if I'm wrong Beavercreek) he did not play in middle school and shot up in height later and most kids it takes a while to learn how to play with a quick growth spurt. But I think he is a big part of the Cat team night in and out and has shown a lot of progress throughout the year. The Cats as a team are young and inexperienced but are growing as a team every game.