Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville 21 Raceland 14
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:I agree 100%. The QB position is what worries me the most. Hopefully the boys work hard in the offseason because size upfront wont be an issue. Tyus will likely have to go both way next year, so we will have him, Justin Fairchild, and Jake Dixon returning at OL/DL the other spots will go to whoever shows up in the strength and conditioning program. Skill wise, Judd, Cam, and Octavious will be back and I expect Damron to get the start at QB. At DE and LB, Alex McNutt, Landon Mauk, and Jacob Gideon will all have to step it up in the offseason as well.

Raceland has two new players already enrolled at Raceland one being a QB with varsity experience and a LB full back
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Raceland has two new players already enrolled at Raceland one being a QB with varsity experience and a LB full back

Worthington is the new westwood.
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Raceland has two new players already enrolled at Raceland one being a QB with varsity experience and a LB full back

Good for the Rams! When losing the seniors their losing that would be tough to replace! Davidson? One of if not the best duel threat QB in the state 1A! Bailey Walker who is fast as lightning and gains yards as good as anyone after initial contact. Cherry, who is just unbelievable and a big strong body's on the line! Are you guys losing Webb as well?
Tomcat Pride Wrote:They better if they want to compete with Paintsville in the future. Class A in Eastern Kentucky is about to become an arms race. Don't hang your head Raceland fans. It's hard to beat a team that's taking kids from one of the top feeder programs in the state. Trust me we Ashland fans know how tough those kids are that come out of that feeder system.

No surprise to see your crying ass on this thread running your mouth about transfers. JC is losing kids to Paintsville because these kids want to play early in their career and want to play for Chirico. Ain't nobody "taking" kids away from anywhere. You should be thankful, JC was up 44-0 with 10 minutes to go in the 2nd quarter last night against your kitty cats, could have been worse with a few of these boys at Paintsville.
Redneck Wrote:No surprise to see your crying ass on this thread running your mouth about transfers. JC is losing kids to Paintsville because these kids want to play early in their career and want to play for Chirico. Ain't nobody "taking" kids away from anywhere. You should be thankful, JC was up 44-0 with 10 minutes to go in the 2nd quarter last night against your kitty cats, could have been worse with a few of these boys at Paintsville.
I'm not crying I'm just stating the facts. You can't win with your own players so you go out and build your team with other teams players. It quite sad actually but it's the sign of the times where you have a few that want to take an easier route to get playing time and to try to win. What ever happened to the days where kids earned their playing time?
What's the total count up to now? The word is that you all are expanding south into Floyd County. Any truth to that Blue Neck?
Coupon21 Wrote:Worthington is the new westwood.

There maybe some truth to that statement but they almost have to because of what Paintsville is getting away with. Like I said earlier Eastern Kentucky Class A is turning into an arms race just to keep up with Paintsville.
Tomcat Pride Wrote:I'm not crying I'm just stating the facts. You can't win with your own players so you go out and build your team with other teams players. It quite sad actually but it's the sign of the times where you have a few that want to take an easier route to get playing time and to try to win. What ever happened to the days where kids earned their playing time?
What's the total count up to now? The word is that you all are expanding south into Floyd County. Any truth to that Blue Neck?

You're crying, just like you've been crying since back in the summer. You even got on claiming that you knew for a "fact" that Paintsville tried recruiting Drew Barker. Then a fellow Tomcat fan, who really did know the facts, got on here and called you out on that BS and what an idiot you were. As far as any Floyd County kids goes, if any make their way down here its because they wanna play for Chirico. He coached at Pburg. The parents, fans, and coaches up there, none of them wanted him to leave becausee he is a hell of a coach. Look what's happened to the Pburg defense since he left.
Evidentally Paintsville is the team to hate, no matter what class your team plays in lol. I just don't understand it. They are the epitome of an underdog story coming from where their program was just a few years ago, to two state semi final appearances and two undefeated regular seasons. As for Tomcat Pride, I'm sure most can undestand why his ignorance and insecurity has spread all the way down to a 1A program. His bunch couldn't beat the one 1A school on their schedule. Now granted, Raceland had an awesome team this year, but man that had to hurt lol. Let's all just rejoice that we aren't Tomcat and pitty his ignorance
The new kids that are at Raceland are a ligit move the boys mom married a guy who lives in Raceland and they moved in with him
Who are the new kids?
Don't wanna mention names but one was the starting QB for a local team this past year
He is not a QB, more WR-DB. He had to play QB for Boyd bc they had nobody else.
And he has a brother?
The Raceland reload.
Sounds like theyll be Just fine next year!
Two legit transfers (by legit i mean the way things happened. Marriage and the kids moved), will help. One will be a welcome addition at LB and should give us a tough yardage back or new quick explosive G, the other could will be a good addition to the recieving corps or give us another option at QB. Neither of which though, imo, are kids that will step in and make us forget what we lose next year. We will loose 3000 yards passing, 1000 yards recieving and 1800 yards rushing. Our offense will be a work in progress and again, will let us all know exactly what kind of coach Mike is. Bc the last three classes at Raceland were system kids who have had success since they stepped onto the football field. The next season's Rams, will HAVE to be coached up a little bit.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Two legit transfers (by legit i mean the way things happened. Marriage and the kids moved), will help. One will be a welcome addition at LB and should give us a tough yardage back or new quick explosive G, the other could will be a good addition to the recieving corps or give us another option at QB. Neither of which though, imo, are kids that will step in and make us forget what we lose next year. We will loose 3000 yards passing, 1000 yards recieving and 1800 yards rushing. Our offense will be a work in progress and again, will let us all know exactly what kind of coach Mike is. Bc the last three classes at Raceland were system kids who have had success since they stepped onto the football field. The next season's Rams, will HAVE to be coached up a little bit.

Hopefully the new kids take to the system and a couple young ones step up! Want to see Raceland and Paintsville continue to battle next year! :redboxer:
GoHerd_22 Wrote:He is not a QB, more WR-DB. He had to play QB for Boyd bc they had nobody else.

Unless another kid moves in and it's very possible from what I here he will be QB next year but the other one moves he will be receiver now that's just my opinion
^^^i agree. If who you and I spoke about does indeed transfer (talked to someone, lets just say they r "close to the source", and its very likely), any way, i think they would get the knod at QB. If not, I think they'd go with Damron, especially with the success that Nathaniel had this year as a more pocket/bootleg passer and not a read option Athelete with an arm like Nathaniel was last year. We will have some nice skill kids in Cam, Judd, Damon, and Gideon. Damron has looked solid throwing the ball since his 7th grade year and he has a good feel for the pocket as to when to tuck and run. But whether or not they will be running for their collective lives is the question. Size is in no way an issue. We could end up ranging from about 6'2" 270 to 6'5-300. Its going to boil down to the work they put into the weightroom though. Its up to Tyus Ferguson, Justin Fairchild, and Jake Dixon to step up and be leaders on and off the field now.

Damn I absolutely hate talking about next year already...
So there are 2 legit moves and possibly a few more? That's good fortune for them.
One is still a little up in the air. I have a good source that says one is a lock to happen. But tbh, i will believe it when i see it. But i dont think neone would be suprised w the move. Like i have always said, nothing wrong with transfers as long as they go through the correct channels. But like I said before, its not like we are seeing D1 players randomly coming into town lol.
Yes I really do hate discussing next year . But the the one transfer we are taking about is for sure leaving his current school and from what I've been told his family really likes Raceland and he would be a great fit .as of today who is at Raceland I see the new kid being the QB, there is more to playing QB than running or throwing you have to be a leader you have to play through injuries and be someone who the coaches can count on 100% everyday . Imo Damon would have to do a ton of growing up to be the QB . He has the tools for sure but can he be the man ? Imo no not yet
Does the man who lives in Raceland now have multiple wives? Lol. Just having fun. Personally I think the transfer thing is out of hand statewide. The rules don't fit the environment anymore. I say give every kid a one time option and be done with it. Doesn't matter what the reason. However a second transfer requires a year off doesn't matter the reason. If you use your option and your job relocates afterward have to sit out. Only problem would be policing the tampering from other schools, but heck that isn't policed now.
The only arms Race Raceland is in is in the weight room Jack!
But it's ok for a troubled student to transfer 4 or 5 times and not be punished??This is really not fair to the athlete!When a kid that plays football in collage gets picked up for drinking it makes the papers and we all talk about it and the kid loses he's scholarship!But his peers Can get picked up for the same thing and nothing happens.I hate the transfer stuff but I don't think you can cookie cutter a rule and apply it!Each case needs to be looked at individually and we need to find something that is worded in a way that excludes sports all together.I probably done a terrible job at getting my point across but I think you guys will get what I'm trying to say!

As far as these transfers coming in....I hope it's not true because I said it earlier!Id rather lose with our kids then win with someone else's.Over the years when we've had our better teams we always run into a team that has a ton of transfers on it.LCA,then Fairview,then Williamsburg and noe Paintsville.If that's what you have to do to win then I'm not interested.Ill be happy with winning 8 10 and sometimes 12 ball games a year and watching kids play where their dads,uncles,cousin,brothers and even grandads played!Oh.....and even one sister!!!!Hahahah I almost forgot about her.
Tomcat Pride Wrote:I'm not crying I'm just stating the facts. You can't win with your own players so you go out and build your team with other teams players. It quite sad actually but it's the sign of the times where you have a few that want to take an easier route to get playing time and to try to win. What ever happened to the days where kids earned their playing time?

How many kids is on JC roster that lives out of county?? How many of those kids started their school at other school systems??? I know of a few!!! But you all tend to forget about that!!! Do you have any that live in city limits???
Blue_Bird96 Wrote:Good for the Rams! When losing the seniors their losing that would be tough to replace! Davidson? One of if not the best duel threat QB in the state 1A! Bailey Walker who is fast as lightning and gains yards as good as anyone after initial contact. Cherry, who is just unbelievable and a big strong body's on the line! Are you guys losing Webb as well?

I really like the part you said about Cherry. As his flesh and blood it makes me very proud that a Paintsville guy would say that. He's always been a football breathing wonderful kid.

You took Jake Long from Ironton, Baker from Boyd County, Ratliff from Paintsville, Andy Layne from South Point, John Stone from Fairview. The list goes on and on. Hey buddy what happened Friday night to your Ashland Crimson Tide???
checkmate9113 Wrote:You took Jake Long from Ironton, Baker from Boyd County, Ratliff from Paintsville, Andy Layne from South Point, John Stone from Fairview. The list goes on and on. Hey buddy what happened Friday night to your Ashland Crimson Tide???

You can't talk to Assland people about this stuff cause they play by two different sets of rules!I mean.....they blew the whistle on Fairview and then scooped up their kids!They played Rose Hill 30 times a year in B ball till they got a team then refused to play them!I was always taught to respect Assland by my coaches growing up but now I'm older and see the world a little clearer it's a little different....NOT SO FAST MY FRIEND!!!! Hahahahah
checkmate9113 Wrote:You took Jake Long from Ironton, Baker from Boyd County, Ratliff from Paintsville, Andy Layne from South Point, John Stone from Fairview. The list goes on and on. Hey buddy what happened Friday night to your Ashland Crimson Tide???

Arliss Beach was from Fairview also.