Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mayfield 35 Corbin 34
Just watched the replay, #55 is right after all, it should have been a running clock. Other than Cards gifts its not close and that's without Bright. This should give this thread a little more life Sic-em..#55

Just kidding of course, love to pot stir, Corbin has a heck of a team
mysonis55 Wrote:I believe it was MayfieldCardinal, not I that said it cost us a running clock Dougie. Besides that, since you like to accuse people of being a troll all the time, just why the heck are you in a Mayfield/Corbin thread. I didn't see Whitley Co mentioned anywhere. But, thanks for sharing your infinate wisdom of football with us.

Now you're making lies up because I call you out on your BS.I don't call anybody on here a troll. YOU said Mayfield would put a running clock on Corbin.
mysonis55 Wrote:I'm calm. I think Dougie eats dinner with a sour look on his face every day though. He will smarten up some day and just adopt the Cardinals, much like 64 did.

I thoroughly enjoy my dinner.
Well Dougie, show me the proof. I have read all the way through. I see where MC said something about running clock. I predicted 42-14. That is not a running clock. That would require another 8 points of margin. If not for the gifts, it would have been 35-14, which is very close. And yes, you have specifically called me and probably others a troll before. No biggie, it's just football.
mysonis55 Wrote:Well Dougie, show me the proof. I have read all the way through. I see where MC said something about running clock. I predicted 42-14. That is not a running clock. That would require another 8 points of margin. If not for the gifts, it would have been 35-14, which is very close. And yes, you have specifically called me and probably others a troll before. No biggie, it's just football.

You predicted a bunch of BS as usual. if a bullfrog had wings it wouldn't bump it's you know. stop telling lies and show me where I typed the word troll.
Good game! Would have only been better if the conversion was complete. Mayfield had some athletes for sure... Corbin jus couldn't get it started on O in the first half.... there is a lot of what ifs to this game.... what if Corbin would have picked up some blocks on the OL in the first half. What if Sizemore don't throw that last int.. the score would have been different too..it don't only go one way. The game is played in REAL time! No changing what's done. All I know is , I gotta watch a great game last week and the cards were supposedly gonna either put a running clock on the red bone hounds, or beat them like a drum because Mayfield is just that much better! What happened in real time tho was 35-34 slobber knocker that could have went either way..... you Card fans are actin like Belfry fans on here.... You can be beaten.... #truestory
bcpc Wrote:Good game! Would have only been better if the conversion was complete. Mayfield had some athletes for sure... Corbin jus couldn't get it started on O in the first half.... there is a lot of what ifs to this game.... what if Corbin would have picked up some blocks on the OL in the first half. What if Sizemore don't throw that last int.. the score would have been different too..it don't only go one way. The game is played in REAL time! No changing what's done. All I know is , I gotta watch a great game last week and the cards were supposedly gonna either put a running clock on the red bone hounds, or beat them like a drum because Mayfield is just that much better! What happened in real time tho was 35-34 slobber knocker that could have went either way..... you Card fans are actin like Belfry fans on here.... You can be beaten.... #truestory

Good post and I agree with you to a certain point, but, when you say things like "what if Corbin would have picked up some blocks on the OL in the 1st half" is basically saying Corbin could have done better, but, totally ignoring the fact that Mayfield wasn't allowing them to be blocked. The foot speed factor in the line was the reason Corbin wasn't able to get those blocks. Then you say "What if Sizemore doesn't throw that int. late".. That's no different than the Mayfield folks saying if they wouldn't have had that punt blocked or that bad snap or that interception. While the game could have gone either way and Mayfield is certainly capable of being beaten, if we are to go by everything your saying, then you can't blame the Cardinal faithful for saying it easily could have been a blowout as well as a close game. Statistically, it was very one-sided, but, due to some excellent D and special team play, Corbin was able to stay in the game.
Mayfield playing Corbin next year? This thread may last that long.
Corbin didn't pick up blocks because of mistakes... not because they were beaten. That's my point... they fixed that problem at Halftime.
bcpc Wrote:Good game! Would have only been better if the conversion was complete. Mayfield had some athletes for sure... Corbin jus couldn't get it started on O in the first half.... there is a lot of what ifs to this game.... what if Corbin would have picked up some blocks on the OL in the first half. What if Sizemore don't throw that last int.. the score would have been different too..it don't only go one way. The game is played in REAL time! No changing what's done. All I know is , I gotta watch a great game last week and the cards were supposedly gonna either put a running clock on the red bone hounds, or beat them like a drum because Mayfield is just that much better! What happened in real time tho was 35-34 slobber knocker that could have went either way..... you Card fans are actin like Belfry fans on here.... You can be beaten.... #truestory

:truestory:
Hope this series continues. Marquee match up.
All time - Mayfield leads the series with Corbin 5-1, 2 for titles that were split 1-1, 2 in Rec Bowl games and the 2 played at Lindsey Wilson. I hope this series will continue but would prefer the games be worked out in BG if possible as Corbin has won the distance to the game both years by a pretty good margin.
Corbin and Mayfield remind me a lot of each other as both are small school powers that have sustained over the decades. I got to sit with former Corbin RB Steve Rawlings at the game. He played on the Red hounds last state title team and is a old UK buddy of mine.

The Corbin punter, Estes I believe is his name and a sophomore I think, is the best I think I can recall ever at the high school level. I see Saturday's in his future in big stadiums
Good luck Cards the rest of the way.
just seen corbins stats in this one 37 yards rushing 136 passing looks like they got lucky to have made this one look close as the score shows
[quote=bcpc]Good game! Would have only been better if the conversion was complete. Mayfield had some athletes for sure... Corbin jus couldn't get it started on O in the first half.... there is a lot of what ifs to this game.... what if Corbin would have picked up some blocks on the OL in the first half. What if Sizemore don't throw that last int.. the score would have been different too..it don't only go one way. The game is played in REAL time! No changing what's done. All I know is , I gotta watch a great game last week and the cards were supposedly gonna either put a running clock on the red bone hounds, or beat them like a drum because Mayfield is just that much better! What happened in real time tho was 35-34 slobber knocker that could have went either way..... you Card fans are actin like Belfry fans on here.... You can be beaten.
Yea they know they can just not last weekend
Nor would we get beat if we were playing Whitley Co. Even if little Dougie suited up.
mysonis55 Wrote:Nor would we get beat if we were playing Whitley Co. Even if little Dougie suited up.

That's about as lame and idiotic as it gets :lame:
That's me, Lame and Idiotic. Good to see things haven't changed.
I was there we were off on Friday so 3rd party here, no dog in the fight but I guess I would root for the 3A. Corbin NEVER really got their offense going. There was no light switch of consistency that came on. They got a tiny bit of momentum after a turnover, like their first half score (if I recall) and the blocked kick in the end zone. That lead to Corbin's actual first really good driving score. I sat there and thought to myself, Mayfield is at least 3 touchdowns better than this team, and the possible best player in the state is sitting on the sidelines. This was one of the more weird games I've saw this season. Corbin hung around, actually could have won, and then one of the most goofy calls I've seen, like Southwestern when they were at Danville this year.

Corbin did good to have such a lopsided in the total yards in its game but maybe when Belfry comes to town me and you can sit together bcpc LOL
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:Corbin did good to have such a lopsided in the total yards in its game but maybe when Belfry comes to town me and you can sit together bcpc LOL

I'd give Corbin very little chance of beating Belfry. Corbin needs to improve alot, your not going to stay in many games playing like they did against Mayfield. Things happen in games, but I wouldn't count on Corbin having a game again like that anytime soon where they get a long pick 6, a fumble recovered in the end zone, and a high snap over a punter to get the ball at the 10. If that happened again then maybe have a chance, but how often does all these things happen in 1 game all going your way. Belfry names the score on Corbin. I'm hoping Corbin proves me wrong, but I just don't see it. Corbin finishes the season 12-2.
killbilly usmc Wrote:I'd give Corbin very little chance of beating Belfry. Corbin needs to improve alot, your not going to stay in many games playing like they did against Mayfield. Things happen in games, but I wouldn't count on Corbin having a game again like that anytime soon where they get a long pick 6, a fumble recovered in the end zone, and a high snap over a punter to get the ball at the 10. If that happened again then maybe have a chance, but how often does all these things happen in 1 game all going your way. Belfry names the score on Corbin. I'm hoping Corbin proves me wrong, but I just don't see it. Corbin finishes the season 12-2.

I was just wondering to be in the game and Mayfield to have that much more total yardage I watched Corbin play at the beginning of the season both teams has gotten better since then but I'll make my prediction when and if they get to play
Casey Co. looks pretty good to so we'll see
Are we still going on with this game? Give it a rest. The Mayfield defense just got gassed. We know this because all the old guys coaching from the stands, that know so much about football, said so.
Agreed 55. Mayfield won end of story. Let this thread die. On to next week.
McCracken County is the only team to beat them in the last I don't no when. It has got to the point Mayfield is becoming the team Everybody hates to see win. Kinda like the Patriots
in the NFL or maybe Alabama in College, or St. X and Trinity in high school.
blue55 Wrote:McCracken County is the only team to beat them in the last I don't no when. It has got to the point Mayfield is becoming the team Everybody hates to see win. Kinda like the Patriots
in the NFL or maybe Alabama in College, or St. X and Trinity in high school.

Trust me I know the feeling if your team is winning everybody hates them but I love it