Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin Vs Mayfield Predictions
Color me suprised if this is a blowout. Corbin's defense has been crazy good so far this year.
What color is surprised? I will bring it for you Friday.
64, I remember one of those payback tours two years ago. Somehow, it still showed a big W for the boys in red and black.
No trash talk here. Mayfield by all accounts is a better team and should win. I just think it will be a closer game than others I guess. But, you know your team, so I could be wrong!!
You apparently haven't been around long enough to get when I'm having a little fun. I just wanted to bring the right color for you.
mysonis55 Wrote:64, I remember one of those payback tours two years ago. Somehow, it still showed a big W for the boys in red and black.

That was for a State Championship this is for a warm-up game for Belfry Confusednicker:
The hounds don't have anything for Belfry.. Belfry will beat this team by 4or5 touchdown..
Death_Valley Wrote:The hounds don't have anything for Belfry.. Belfry will beat this team by 4or5 touchdown..

:welcome: to the thread Death-Valley :pondering: peeping in on Corbin Confusednicker:
Good luck to a good Corbin crew
Probably will beat us worse than that. It'll still be fun to try though!! If we both make it that far!!
mysonis55 Wrote:You apparently haven't been around long enough to get when I'm having a little fun. I just wanted to bring the right color for you.

Lol never was good at the trash talk. Bring red white and black. I know you've got plenty!
The Spread Wrote:It seems at least a couple in the Mayfield camp think that this will be a blowout victory. Has Mayfield improved that much since the Corbin/Mayfield game last year? Does Mayfield think Corbin is not as good as last year? Just curious as to why since the game was not a blowout last year, that this year will be?

some of them are so arrogant and delusional that they talk out the wrong end and need a diaper for a napkin.
Hounds - 34
Cards - 28
Mayfield - 28

Corbin - 13
Just for reference. I have been point on this year in my picks for the Cards. I was exactly right against Fort Campbell. I missed by 1 point against Marshall. I missed by a late touchdown on PT. I missed by 1 dropped ball at Graves 2 yard line and a late score on our jv. I missed by one touchdown on McCracken. Also remember, these boys haven't been held to less than 42 points in a single game this year.

Now, little Dougie, if that's arrogant so be it. But, when it's reality, how can it be talking out of the wrong end. It's a prediction based upon hard facts and pattern.
mysonis55 Wrote:Just for reference. I have been point on this year in my picks for the Cards. I was exactly right against Fort Campbell. I missed by 1 point against Marshall. I missed by a late touchdown on PT. I missed by 1 dropped ball at Graves 2 yard line and a late score on our jv. I missed by one touchdown on McCracken. Also remember, these boys haven't been held to less than 42 points in a single game this year.

Now, little Dougie, if that's arrogant so be it. But, when it's reality, how can it be talking out of the wrong end. It's a prediction based upon hard facts and pattern.

Fort Campbell is a real powerhouse. They are 1-4 and 4 of the 5 teams that they've played have scored more than 40 points on them. You ain't playing them again this week. You won't be winning by 40.
No where did I say we were winning by 40. If you think I did, show me. I said 42-14. For you easterners, that's winning by 28. See 28 + 14 = 42. Now that we are through with math class, remember, we ain't Whitley Co either.
Your going to the back of the class pjdoug.:biggrin:
Like people trying to everybody Corbin is great real football team this year and when they get off that bus Friday night they be ready to fight into the battle with mayfield on Lindsey Wilson football field those redhounds going be there to fight and going show people they are the team of mountains from Corbin ky and leaving that field giving mayfield thier first loss of season 20-14 Corbin with win
Corbin better have good cover defensive backs that play man and have good speed, or Arnett will pick them apart. Tackling the receiver 10-15 yards down field after the catch will not get it done. You also can not play 3 man line and get any pressure as Arnett is very elusive.
I think Defense rules the day in this one and it comes down to who makes the big plays or explosion plays.

From what I have seen this is by far the best Defensive team that either had faced. McCracken may have more athletes than Corbin, but their fundamentals are horrible on Defense. Corbin is a very fundamentally sound team who finishes tackles, takes proper angles, and rarely blows coverage. Against McCracken, Morris was simply at an advantage because his teams are so well coached and he knows how to pick out weaknesses. Corbin won't give as many of those open windows for Morris to exploit.

I still like Mayfield in this one because I think they have more guys with big play potential and I think the Arnett kid just has a special arm. I think it will be a war though.

Give me Mayfield by 6 with a key turnover and a deep pass late proving the difference.
blue55 Wrote:Corbin better have good cover defensive backs that play man and have good speed, or Arnett will pick them apart. Tackling the receiver 10-15 yards down field after the catch will not get it done. You also can not play 3 man line and get any pressure as Arnett is very elusive.

You sound pretty sure Qb Arnett going to have plenty of time throwing the ball down field.....I have a fealing when Qb Arnett see these little Corbin fellas coming at him he could be throwing the ball at Corbin Db...And on and a side note Mayfield Qb Arnett is the Real Deal.......Corbin has a good Qb also Camron Bam Bam Sizemore.. :pondering:
This almost sounds like the talk that we heard from DeSales last year. Then the excuses came. If we had made adjustments. We just didn't play well in the second half. We played terrible. I expect when I get home Friday night, I will be reading the same kind of excuses.
64SUR Wrote:You sound pretty sure Qb Arnett going to have plenty of time throwing the ball down field.....I have a fealing when Qb Arnett see these little Corbin fellas coming at him he could be throwing the ball at Corbin Db...And on and a side note Mayfield Qb Arnett is the Real Deal.......Corbin has a good Qb also Camron Bam Bam Sizemore.. :pondering:

Arnett has seen Corbin before. Corbin will not be a surprise.
Besides that, there won't be any pressure on Arnett. That d line will not get into the backfield on pass plays. It's as simple as that.
mysonis55 Wrote:Besides that, there won't be any pressure on Arnett. That d line will not get into the backfield on pass plays. It's as simple as that.

Unbelievable d-line will be in the mayfield backfield before the game even starts. :lmao:
Where are these boilermakers posters in mayfield :popcorn:
64, be prepared for the heart ache. We are coming on Friday. I gonna bank on the Cards qb having enough time to fix his hair between the snap and the throw without pressure.
mysonis55 Wrote:No where did I say we were winning by 40. If you think I did, show me. I said 42-14. For you easterners, that's winning by 28. See 28 + 14 = 42. Now that we are through with math class, remember, we ain't Whitley Co either.

I don't like either team but you won't win by 28 and I never said you said 40. You missed the point which is you bragging about picking against mediocre teams. I'd have the math problem finished while you were still pushing buttons on your calculator.
blue55 Wrote:Corbin better have good cover defensive backs that play man and have good speed, or Arnett will pick them apart. Tackling the receiver 10-15 yards down field after the catch will not get it done. You also can not play 3 man line and get any pressure as Arnett is very elusive.

He won't have much time to throw it. Corbin will pressure him.