Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville vs. Pikeville [All "A" Region]
.B.A.L.L.I.N. Wrote:which p-ville? lol
sorry lol i forgot.But i think paintsville
[QUOTE=BIGBLACK]He may very well know a lot when he is in the right state of mind. Last season he thought Bill Mike was a good coach, he even nominated him for Coach of the week.

Then on the other hand this is the same person that started the up-roar about Johnny Martin and the Rebels of Allen Central, trying to get him fired.

Looks like he was way off on that one this season. Allen Central was rebuilding their program over the last two seasons, the reason they weren't winning was not the coach, it was probably because they had a team full of Bluegrass-Rules. They are off to their best start in several years and could very well win the region. I guess his animosity towards Bill Mike Runyon is
because his Rebels hasn't defeated a team from Johnson Co. in the past 20 years.[/QUOTe

Acutally, AC defeated JC on 1-5-01 at JC 76-69.
AC defeated Paintsville on 1-19-01 60-57 in the "All A" at Pikeville. It may have been a dry spell- but it hasn't been 20 years.
gotcha2 Wrote:[QUOTE=BIGBLACK]He may very well know a lot when he is in the right state of mind. Last season he thought Bill Mike was a good coach, he even nominated him for Coach of the week.

Then on the other hand this is the same person that started the up-roar about Johnny Martin and the Rebels of Allen Central, trying to get him fired.

Looks like he was way off on that one this season. Allen Central was rebuilding their program over the last two seasons, the reason they weren't winning was not the coach, it was probably because they had a team full of Bluegrass-Rules. They are off to their best start in several years and could very well win the region. I guess his animosity towards Bill Mike Runyon is
because his Rebels hasn't defeated a team from Johnson Co. in the past 20 years.[/QUOTe

Acutally, AC defeated JC on 1-5-01 at JC 76-69.
AC defeated Paintsville on 1-19-01 60-57 in the "All A" at Pikeville. It may have been a dry spell- but it hasn't been 20 years.
Thank you gotcha, i needed that LOL :notworthy
I saw the 1st game between the 2, good game by Pikeville just not enough for a win. I think I'll have to go w/Paintsville by 8, but I would rather see Pikeville win.
Im seeing an upset in this game pville by 6
gotcha2 Wrote:Acutally, AC defeated JC on 1-5-01 at JC 76-69.

I know it hasn't been exactly 20 years, I was being sarcastic.
I'll take Paintsville by 7 or more. The Tigers are hard to beat at home and I look to see them play much better than they did in the SF game. But Pikeville should keep it interesting. As always, anything CAN happen, since you have off nights, hot nights, injuries, illnesses and so on. That's why we play and watch the games! lol
Tigers by 12+!!!

Don't you just love how many people there are that just don't like Paintsville!!!! Even in a thread between 2 teams they really hate....Paintsville gets all the jabs!!!
then, if someone questions a post....they are told to stay on topic...LOL!!

OK....take your jabs.....we all love being the envy!
The Governor Wrote:Arguably both, but you are correct, I was speaking in general terms essentially just to to JC Cheer Fan -- but certainly academically, statistics do show that.

Statistics show that Pikeville is above both of them.
Paintsville by 9.
The Guru Wrote:Tigers by 12+!!!

Don't you just love how many people there are that just don't like Paintsville!!!! Even in a thread between 2 teams they really hate....Paintsville gets all the jabs!!!
then, if someone questions a post....they are told to stay on topic...LOL!!

OK....take your jabs.....we all love being the envy!

You are aweful full of yourself to think that everyone envies you because of your athletic prowess in basketball. People hate you for the same reason everyone hates Pikeville. It is because both schools are independent and most kids would rather be independent, I would imagine, than public.
Independent schools are public, their only independent from a larger county school system. We have a district just like any county schools would have, only ours is more limited in size. I didn't want to ours is smaller, makes it sound like we're lacking.
The funny thing about being an independent school is, I bet the average student walking the halls doesnt feel any different than a student in a county school. The biggest difference that I can see between Pikeville and Pike County schools is that Pikeville doesnt get snow days like the county does. Students in both independent and county schools has to be at school at a certian time. They both changes classes by walking down the hallways. Both systems has lockers and lunchrooms and everything. What is the difference in what the student life is like on a day by day basis between the county schools and independent school systems? The difference that the average student walking the halls would notice?
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
bigpun Wrote:You are aweful full of yourself to think that everyone envies you because of your athletic prowess in basketball. People hate you for the same reason everyone hates Pikeville. It is because both schools are independent and most kids would rather be independent, I would imagine, than public.

Being independent merely defines a geographic stipulation as to where a student would attend. In the city, go to Paintsville, in the county, go to central.

The most plausible theory as to why the animosity toward certain scholls would be their dominance, or perceived dominance, and the confident nature that goes with it. Many can take that confident nature too far at times, and the result is this animosity is perpetuated by our own fans.

Either way, I don't think being an independent school versus a county school is the reason for anything.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:The funny thing about being an independent school is, I bet the average student walking the halls doesnt feel any different than a student in a county school. The biggest difference that I can see between Pikeville and Pike County schools is that Pikeville doesnt get snow days like the county does. Students in both independent and county schools has to be at school at a certian time. They both changes classes by walking down the hallways. Both systems has lockers and lunchrooms and everything. What is the difference in what the student life is like on a day by day basis between the county schools and independent school systems? The difference that the average student walking the halls would notice?
But typically an independent school system has much smaller class sizes and for some parents that is very important. Do you want your child in with a group of 200-300 or in a class of 75?