Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th Region Cat's Pause
Carter is averaging 31.5 points per game and leads the state in scoring. He may actually be the best player in the region.
Perry looks like the No. 1 team also, at least at this points.
dragonwatch Wrote:This list has to be a joke.

Nobody wants to talk about the list anymore.
I will join in here on the list. I have watched every team in this region now and Perry is double digits better than anyone like I said a month ago. I do not think Carter is the best player in the region. He's a 6'1" guard with a poor 3 point shot and he drives to the basket like he's Lebron James. He will shoot 25-30 shots a game also. I am not trying to cut him down and he plays his heart out and is very talented. But he's no where near Division 1 material. No way!
So who is the best player? Carter averages 17 shots a game. Shoots 39% from 3. Is a lock down defender. Everyone knows that he is the best player on his team and doubles and triple teams him. Is a 80% plus FT shooter. Excellent ballhandler. Shoots with either hand. Has outstanding leaping ability. His reach is over 66".
Sorry but I have rankings like this:
1 jbs
2 perry
3 Knott
4 lecher
5 buckhorn
6 hazard
You probably have to play more than 5 games in Kentucky the previous year to get ranked. The AAU coaches don't vote on that list.
My point is the coaches vote in the summer and he barely played last year.
You'll have to translate some of the rest of that. What's an AAU family?
Computer tough guys are always entertaining.
UKisN1 Wrote:So who is the best player? Carter averages 17 shots a game. Shoots 39% from 3. Is a lock down defender. Everyone knows that he is the best player on his team and doubles and triple teams him. Is a 80% plus FT shooter. Excellent ballhandler. Shoots with either hand. Has outstanding leaping ability. His reach is over 66".
I am not knocking this kid I love his tenacity and ability. But his shot is very odd looking and he's no doubt the best player on his team that's obvious. With another year hell I might think he's Michael Jordan lol.
Here's the Courier Journal rankings:

14TH REGION

* Teams: 1. Perry County Central, 2. Knott County Central, 3. Hazard, 4. Buckhorn, 5. Letcher County Central, 6. Cordia, 7. June Buchanan, 8. Leslie County, 9. Estill County, 10. Powell County.

* Players: 1. Connor Hoskins (Buckhorn), 2. Torell Carter (Letcher County Central), 3. Damon Tobler (Perry County Central), 4. Austin Combs (Knott County Central), 5. Josh Crank (Buckhorn), 6. James Blair (Perry County Central), 7. Griffin Wells (Hazard), 8. Princewill Anosike (June Buchanan), 9. Ajenee Chisolm (Cordia), 10. Oumar Keita (Cordia).
phantaysia Wrote:Sorry but I have rankings like this:
1 jbs
2 perry
3 Knott
4 lecher
5 buckhorn
6 hazard

You have just been fired as a rankings expert, ok. Hazard just beat your # 1 team and PCC could beat your other 5 put together. Wow
Paparazzi Wrote:I am not knocking this kid I love his tenacity and ability. But his shot is very odd looking and he's no doubt the best player on his team that's obvious. With another year hell I might think he's Michael Jordan lol.
You didn't answer my question.. you are knocking him...he would be the best player on any time in the 14th region. He gets it done.
phantaysia Wrote:Sorry but I have rankings like this:
1 jbs
2 perry
3 Knott
4 lecher
5 buckhorn
6 hazard

:thatsfunn:thatsfunn:thatsfunn
JBS isnt even in the top 3. I mean Hazard just beat them cmon now.
The top four teams in the Cats Pause 14th ratings played in the WYMT this week. That shows they thought they were the best teams also. I don't think you can get much more accurate than that.
Cordia could be as good as any of them, except probably Perry Central, but most coaches didn't vote for them since they weren't competing in district competition. Just because some of those guys did great in AAU competition doesn't mean they will get a lot of recognition in Kentucky until they do really well against Kentucky teams.
cordia is the best team in the region but it doesn't matter because they can't play in the post season. the caudill kid from knott is a good player but he's not been playing that good. carter from letcher is also a good player but almost anyone in the region could put up his numbers on that team its when you put up those numbers on a regional contenders team that means something. and last, the top players list is terrible. if you are going to have any cordia players on here there is at least 3 or 4 that should be in the top 10
Letcher is in the top five. They are a contender. He's putting up numbers against good and bad teams.
Hazard didn't beat Jbs, the refs did!!!
phantaysia Wrote:Hazard didn't beat Jbs, the refs did!!!

[Image:

]

More mash taters please!!!
hitter Wrote:cordia is the best team in the region but it doesn't matter because they can't play in the post season. the caudill kid from knott is a good player but he's not been playing that good. carter from letcher is also a good player but almost anyone in the region could put up his numbers on that team its when you put up those numbers on a regional contenders team that means something. and last, the top players list is terrible. if you are going to have any cordia players on here there is at least 3 or 4 that should be in the top 10
Caudill has 35 at WYMT Classic. Carter has 25, 27 at Classic. Carter had 27 vs Harlan Co. He had 36 against a Mtn. Mission VA team. He could score more if he wasn't so unselfish. Give me a break...
Count Wrote:Teams
1. Perry Central
2. Buckhorn
3. Letcher Central
4. Knott Central
5. Hazard
6. Leslie Co.
7. June Buchanan
8. Powell Co.
9. Cordia
10. Estill Co.

Six of the top 10 made it to the regional, and Hazard and Leslie lost to teams in the district ranked ahead of them. I don't think anyone would have picked Jackson to get to the regional, so credit to those guys for making a great run. JBS is better than I thought.
end of the year ranking as I see it
1. Perry Central
2. Hazard
3. JBS
4. Buckhorn
5. Letcher Central
6. Knott County
7. Leslie County
8. Jackson City
9. Breathitt County
10. Powell County
UKisN1 Wrote:Caudill has 35 at WYMT Classic. Carter has 25, 27 at Classic. Carter had 27 vs Harlan Co. He had 36 against a Mtn. Mission VA team. He could score more if he wasn't so unselfish. Give me a break...

but did they win. being a great player means more than scoring points. most of the time the leading scorer in the state are on teams that are not that good
UK#24 Wrote:end of the year ranking as I see it
1. Perry Central
2. Hazard
3. JBS
4. Buckhorn
5. Letcher Central
6. Knott County
7. Leslie County
8. Jackson City
9. Breathitt County
10. Powell County

Can't argue with these rankings too much.
No. 1 vs No. 2 from the preseason list are playing in the finals.
1. Buckhorn

2. Everybody else