Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2015 Class 2A Pre-Season Top 10
mysonis55 Wrote:If that's the case then maybe they return to a football team soon. I hate it for the fans there. The last season was the quietest I have seen them since I started visiting this site.

it'll get quitter this year and years to come. would not be surprised if they consolidate into Pulaski county the home of the state champs.
Maroon State Champs Wrote:it'll get quitter this year and years to come. would not be surprised if they consolidate into Pulaski county the home of the state champs.

That is a load of CRAP !!!! Why go around making stuff up. You won a State Championship, why Rub it in. Somerset will be back on Top.:1:
Sportsfanatic2015 Wrote:That is a load of CRAP !!!! Why go around making stuff up. You won a State Championship, why Rub it in. Somerset will be back on Top.:1:

back to the top? they never been there to get back there :biglmao:
Maroon State Champs Wrote:back to the top? they never been there to get back there :biglmao:

Somerset was playing Football before PC knew what a Football looked like.:please:
Maroon State Champs Wrote:it'll get quitter this year and years to come. would not be surprised if they consolidate into Pulaski county the home of the state champs.

quitter?
Somerset, unlike many independent schools, is not in any financial trouble and is not immediately at risk for consolidation. I still have no idea why a Maroon fan continues to troll the 2a/Somerset posts... Pulaski is the defending state champion. As a pulaski resident I couldn't be happier for the kids that play in that program... However it will be much more difficult for them with Highlands in the mix now. Good luck this season Maroon State Champs. When reality sets in that it's more about Jimmys and Joes than X's and O's in high school football you will probably be brought back down to earth. Please enjoy your success at the expense of your equal sized opponents and not Somerset kids and fans, and always remember that Somerset owns (and will likely always own) the all time record against your program.

The Jumpers will be fine going forward. That JV team that they fielded last season has grown up a lot, and they are very athletic and hungry. They will have a good year.
Sportsfanatic2015 Wrote:Somerset was playing Football before PC knew what a Football looked like.:please:

Got that right, PC didn't start Football until about 1990. Somerset had won more games to that point than PC has won since. I'll bet in last 6 years Somerset has won more than PC.:eyeroll:
Cellking Wrote:Got that right, PC didn't start Football until about 1990. Somerset had won more games to that point than PC has won since. I'll bet in last 6 years Somerset has won more than PC.:eyeroll:

Blah, blah, blah. In all the years somerset has played football who got that first elusive state championship for the community of pulaski co ?
Maroon State Champs Wrote:Blah, blah, blah. In all the years somerset has played football who got that first elusive state championship for the community of pulaski co ?

The maroons state championship last season doesn't devalue Somersets long history of success. Top 10 in the state in wins, 5 finals appearances, 17 regional championships, countless district titles and plenty of great young men. The lack of a title may be glaring but it isn't defining.
The Rabbits are one of the states better programs and history backs that up. PC did get a title but it should be noted that had they played in any other class in the state it is not likely they would have got a title. 5A was hands down the worst class in the state last year as all the rating services make clear. Even in 1A PC would not have achieved a title. The 1A champs destroyed Graves who PC edged out 14-7 for their title. Maroon State Champ go crawl back under your rock
You dudes crack me up, somerset has played football for over 100 years and has nothing that really matters to show for it. We on the other hand have kids who worked there tail off to win the first state title in Pulaski county history. you can mock the achievements of our kids all day mafieldcardinal but our kids are the champs and the first to bring it home to our community.
JumperPride1 Wrote:The maroons state championship last season doesn't devalue Somersets long history of success. Top 10 in the state in wins, 5 finals appearances, 17 regional championships, countless district titles and plenty of great young men. The lack of a title may be glaring but it isn't defining.

if any team played football as long as somerset they would be top 10 in the state to. at the rate Pulaski is going we will have 25 regional titles, 10 state champs and 10 state finals in the same amount of time.
Maroon State Champs Wrote:You dudes crack me up, somerset has played football for over 100 years and has nothing that really matters to show for it. We on the other hand have kids who worked there tail off to win the first state title in Pulaski county history. you can mock the achievements of our kids all day mafieldcardinal but our kids are the champs and the first to bring it home to our community.

Considering the majority of Somerset's best years came during the old 4 Class alignment..is it not safe to say that if Pulaski was still in their old class 3A with Highlands and Boyle County that they probably would have nothing to show for it as well?
I think you are missing the point. Yes, the maroons did win a title this year. As such, they should be very proud. You however, are coming in and bashing other programs and then wondering why no one wants to give you credit. I'm sure there are many, many teams across this state and others that would be happy to say they played in 5 state championship games. I hardly call that having nothing to show for it. If you ever strapped up and sweated it out for 1 year, you would know what a great achievement that is. So please, quit trying to cheapen it.
Maroon State Champs Wrote:You dudes crack me up, somerset has played football for over 100 years and has nothing that really matters to show for it. We on the other hand have kids who worked there tail off to win the first state title in Pulaski county history. you can mock the achievements of our kids all day mafieldcardinal but our kids are the champs and the first to bring it home to our community.

I agree that the PC kids are the champs and the first to bring it home to their community and that should be celebrated but the bashing of your neighbor who by all rights has distinguished themselves over time make it hard to show the respect that PC deserves. That said I will say that I applaud the accomplishment of PC but I condom your ripping the rabbits to shreds
10) Prestonsburg
9) Walton Verona
8) Bardstown
7) Danville
6) Shelby Valley
5) Newport Central Catholic
4) Murray
3) CAL
2) Mayfield
1) DeSales
Maroon State Champs Wrote:if any team played football as long as somerset they would be top 10 in the state to. at the rate Pulaski is going we will have 25 regional titles, 10 state champs and 10 state finals in the same amount of time.

I'm tired of coddling you. What type of validation do you need? How about you come on down to Somerset's field house and tell all their kids this garbage directly to them, would that make you feel accomplished enough?

I think everybody gets it, Pulaski won a title, now you get a spanking and reality check from Highlands so have fun... You may not even beat Southwestern.
mysonis55 Wrote:I think you are missing the point. Yes, the maroons did win a title this year. As such, they should be very proud. You however, are coming in and bashing other programs and then wondering why no one wants to give you credit. I'm sure there are many, many teams across this state and others that would be happy to say they played in 5 state championship games. I hardly call that having nothing to show for it. If you ever strapped up and sweated it out for 1 year, you would know what a great achievement that is. So please, quit trying to cheapen it.

I'm not condoning this Maroons State Champs dude at all as he's a tad off his rocker. However, with that said, you've acted the exact same way toward Williamsburg. Get off your high horse. You're both trolls.
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:I agree that the PC kids are the champs and the first to bring it home to their community and that should be celebrated but the bashing of your neighbor who by all rights has distinguished themselves over time make it hard to show the respect that PC deserves. That said I will say that I applaud the accomplishment of PC but I condom your ripping the rabbits to shreds

Whoa. Ok. :Thumbs:
Wildcat18 Wrote:I'm not condoning this Maroons State Champs dude at all as he's a tad off his rocker. However, with that said, you've acted the exact same way toward Williamsburg. Get off your high horse. You're both trolls.
Confusednicker:
1. Mayfield
2. Desales
3 CAL
4 NCC
5 Murray
6 Shelby Valley
7 Somerset
8 Bardstown
9 Walton Verona
10 LCA
Lots of people forgetting Bardstown is 3A now and lots of people overlooking Owensboro Catholic as well

1. DeSales
2. Mayfield
3. NCC
4. CAL
5. Murray
6. Owensboro Catholic
7. Shelby Valley
8. Monroe County
9. LCA
10. Walton-Verona
Wildcat, I just don't see it that way. How is it talking bad about a team to point out that their schedule needs to be improved? I never said they shouldn't be proud of what they have achieved. I simply pointed out a building block.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Considering the majority of Somerset's best years came during the old 4 Class alignment..is it not safe to say that if Pulaski was still in their old class 3A with Highlands and Boyle County that they probably would have nothing to show for it as well?

what if, what if. We are state champs and you diminishing our kids and communities accomolishments won't take our pride away.
mysonis55 Wrote:Wildcat, I just don't see it that way. How is it talking bad about a team to point out that their schedule needs to be improved? I never said they shouldn't be proud of what they have achieved. I simply pointed out a building block.

Your just mad because we won a big boy title not the tiny 1a
JumperPride1 Wrote:I'm tired of coddling you. What type of validation do you need? How about you come on down to Somerset's field house and tell all their kids this garbage directly to them, would that make you feel accomplished enough?

I think everybody gets it, Pulaski won a title, now you get a spanking and reality check from Highlands so have fun... You may not even beat Southwestern.

No we are state champs you come see us on top of the hill Confusednicker: we will show you a state title trophy that keeps alluding somerset :biggrin:
Maroon State Champs Wrote:what if, what if. We are state champs and you diminishing our kids and communities accomolishments won't take our pride away.

accomolishments should never be diminished everConfusednicker:
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Lots of people forgetting Bardstown is 3A now and lots of people overlooking Owensboro Catholic as well

1. DeSales
2. Mayfield
3. NCC
4. CAL
5. Murray
6. Owensboro Catholic
7. Shelby Valley
8. Monroe County
9. LCA
10. Walton-Verona

I agree. Owensboro Catholic has to be ranked at least as high as you have them.
What's the odds that we won't hear from maroon state champ anymore after Dec of 2015?
mysonis55 Wrote:What's the odds that we won't hear from maroon state champ anymore after Dec of 2015?

the odds are good that you will never him from again after Highlands thrashes The Maroons.