•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whitley County 2015
1-5.......
Whitley is going to be fine.

They have the core of their team coming back. They played much of the year with injuries and sickness which kept some players off the field. Another year in the weight room will improve the team. Coach Hicks is doing a great job with the offensive line. The defense will improve with another year of experience and more understanding of what is expected.

I think there will be some more kids coming out that did not play last year that did not play this year. I'm not going to speculate too much on that, not wanting to count my chickens before they hatch. I think you will see more basketball players participating too which is a direct result of Sasko having the success that he had.

Whitley played a lot of kids last year and which will encourage more kids to play. They also seem to be keeping more kids from the middle school which will help the numbers.

Unlike the troll Lily (the baker working on her muffin top) I am not too fixated on record until the district starts. Of course one burning question is the fixation that the troll has on Whitley. Maybe one day she will get over with a moderate amount of "professional help" I do think that the Colonels will be better than 1-5 when the district starts. Just looking forward to seeing the Colonels take the field again.

Of course I enjoy all the Colonels sports from tennis, ice skating, baseball, golf, wrestling, track, lacrosse, softball, soccer, volleyball, archery, cricket, field hockey, cross country, kick ball, ultimate frisbee, basketball (boys and girls both) and football. Been watching Colonels sports for a long time and it is neat to see the kids of former Colonel players represent their school and furthering their families sports legacies.
What do you mean troll? I love me some Whitley County. I just think they need to water the schedule down till the rebuild is a little closer to being complete.
Craze JACKET man Wrote:Top notch
Are you say the new staff didn't give him a chance to play? Powers kid
He didn't play for the new staff. He left because of that walking, talking rectum Whitley had before.
Flash154 Wrote:He didn't play for the new staff. He left because of that walking, talking rectum Whitley had before.

Corbin stats show he played in all 13 games.
Flash154 Wrote:He didn't play for the new staff. He left because of that walking, talking rectum Whitley had before.

Don't let the facts get in the way of a good story.
footballfever Wrote:Corbin stats show he played in all 13 games.
Thought you were referring to someone else that played at Whitley.
Flash154 Wrote:Thought you were referring to someone else that played at Whitley.

Still sounds like an interesting story :popcorn:
I completely missed this one.
Lilly Wrote:What do you mean troll? I love me some Whitley County. I just think they need to water the schedule down till the rebuild is a little closer to being complete.

of course you love the Colonels. Why wouldn't you? Smile
footballfever Wrote:Corbin stats show he played in all 13 games.

Corbin has too many players. they can give Whitley some of there's backConfusednicker:
If you took all the kids in Whitley County and made them play at the school district they actually lived in, it would be amazing.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:If you took all the kids in Whitley County and made them play at the school district they actually lived in, it would be amazing.

Yeah. I'd love to see that happen.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:If you took all the kids in Whitley County and made them play at the school district they actually lived in, it would be amazing.
So if you did that, in your opinion, who would be the best team?
jamesdeane Wrote:So if you did that, in your opinion, who would be the best team?

Confusedtare:
jamesdeane Wrote:So if you did that, in your opinion, who would be the best team?

If you did that, Whitley wouldn't have enough room in the school. Its ridiculous how many kids (im not only talking about athletes) that live outside of Corbins district but still attends there. I would imagine at least a quarter of there school population comes from the falls road and woodbine area combined alone. Im not sure Wburg would be able to stay open if you did so with them. One would almost think all of there kids don't live in city limits since the college has bought the entire city.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:If you did that, Whitley wouldn't have enough room in the school. Its ridiculous how many kids (im not only talking about athletes) that live outside of Corbins district but still attends there. I would imagine at least a quarter of there school population comes from the falls road and woodbine area combined alone. Im not sure Wburg would be able to stay open if you did so with them. One would almost think all of there kids don't live in city limits since the college has bought the entire city.
Just think of the sports teams Whitley could field.
Lilly Wrote:1-5.......

:popcorn: $$$
They do play Blake Asher and LC next year and that will be a great challenge for them
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:If you did that, Whitley wouldn't have enough room in the school. Its ridiculous how many kids (im not only talking about athletes) that live outside of Corbins district but still attends there. I would imagine at least a quarter of there school population comes from the falls road and woodbine area combined alone. Im not sure Wburg would be able to stay open if you did so with them. One would almost think all of there kids don't live in city limits since the college has bought the entire city.

there's no way they have that many kids in city limits. Whitley needs another middle school :biggrin:
jamesdeane Wrote:Just think of the sports teams Whitley could field.

It would be unreal.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:It would be unreal.

it would and it should Smile
pjdoug Wrote:there's no way they have that many kids in city limits. Whitley needs another middle school :biggrin:

You guys would be suprised at the number of Wburg kids that attend Whitley, the net loss for Wburg would be less than 100...Sorry I use to know the actual numbers...
My best advice is to embrace the kids that want to play for your school and be a part of it...Don't fret over the kids that don't want to be there...
OldJacket Wrote:You guys would be suprised at the number of Wburg kids that attend Whitley, the net loss for Wburg would be less than 100...Sorry I use to know the actual numbers...
My best advice is to embrace the kids that want to play for your school and be a part of it...Don't fret over the kids that don't want to be there...

most of the students at Williamsburg are from the county and you know it :dontthink:ChairHit:
Thecenterman59 Wrote:They do play Blake Asher and LC next year and that will be a great challenge for them

Who is Blake Asher? Smile
pjdoug Wrote:Who is Blake Asher? Smile

I glad you asked...
pjdoug Wrote:most of the students at Williamsburg are from the county and you know it :dontthink:ChairHit:

It's a myth pj, I promise...:truestory:
OldJacket Wrote:It's a myth pj, I promise...:truestory:

no it ain't :hilarious:
Little Johnny goes here or there....who cares. Unfortunately Williamsburg, Whitley County and Corbin along with pretty much every school thinks they are the most attractive. Newsflash (not to be mistaken for Flash154) It just aint so. Several years ago Corbin was very attractive to daddies who wanted their kids to play on the carpet and Corbin had a relatively easy path to the carpet. For the past couple of years Williamsburg has had the easier path than any of the two schools in the county, therefore daddies were taking their kids to Williamsburg.

Whitley playing 5A football is never going to have an easy path to the carpet but they are playing good football and at a challenging level. They have come close and I am sure will have their chances again in the future, but lets face it 5A football has more athletes and more roadblocks for a school to get to the carpet. 6A is even tougher.

Daddies looking for the easy path is a problem, I think that this is a symptom of our society's decline. It is all about instant gratification. Nobody is willing to put in the time and effort to build something and be a part of something bigger than themselves. Every daddy and as far as that goes every kid thinks they should start as a freshie and is not willing to work and get better and wait their turn. So what happens they leave. This not a problem that is just going on around here, so nobody get their panties in a wad, I am not talking about you.

As kids grow into adults they are always looking for the easy way out and never putting in the time to build something good in life.

Bottom line, I'm pretty sure everyone is going to scratching their heads after reading this post.

As far as football and Whitley see my above post.
footballfever Wrote::popcorn: $$$

You might not win 3 games the whole year sonny. Like I said earlier you need to schedule McCreary Central a home and home for football to miss the 1-5 prediction.
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next