Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Corbin
65.85%
Central
34.15%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Central @ Corbin 11-21-14
bobcatsfan Wrote:I like Corbin in this match up. Speed isn't everything. It's great to have don't get me wrong but when you get hit in the mouth 6 or 7 times you tend to not run as hard. Corbin wins because they will be more physical up front. Win the line of scrimmage you win the game. Corbin 34 Central 28

I think Bell hits in the mouth, so I'm pretty sure Central can deal with Corbin physically. Central is a louisville anomaly; they are just as physical as anyone in the state.

It's at Corbin. I doubt they'll bring the band but if they were I would drive up to watch.
Central 28
Corbin 14
I expect Corbin to be in Bowling Green.
I also expect that..... In my opinion they will win while they are there.... Jus for the fun of it! Also, I predict I along with 64sur, Cherokee will be tearin afew more bandwagon tickets.... Old hounds, Archie Adams, objectives, and a few more......
bcpc Wrote:I also expect that..... In my opinion they will win while they are there.... Jus for the fun of it! Also, I predict I along with 64sur, Cherokee will be tearin afew more bandwagon tickets.... Old hounds, Archie Adams, objectives, and a few more......

heck bcpc I had forgotten about old hounds, Archie Adams and objectives have not heard from them since Corbin went on a 11 game winning streak, their game is over Haddix Hounds are here to stay:rockon:
I thought objective was a Bell County fan.
pjdoug Wrote:http://www.hudl.com/team/23169/highlights/83170817 . this how to play against Central. watch it over and over and over again Confusednicker:

Textbook tackle!! What else needs to be said.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
pjdoug Wrote:I thought objective was a Bell County fan.

So did I
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
cherokee Wrote:heck bcpc I had forgotten about old hounds, Archie Adams and objectives have not heard from them since Corbin went on a 11 game winning streak, their game is over Haddix Hounds are here to stay:rockon:

Some just don't like change no matter how good it is.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
I see why some people weren't drinking the Justin Haddix Kool-Aid including myself but I think he will win the state championship in his first year at Corbin.
Year after year all I hear from mountain folk is Central ain't been hit in the mouth like the mountain teams hit. Guess that's how they got the 2 losses they have in 3A in the last 7 years , because they keep getting outtuffed and outhit.
UNBELIEVABLE THIS KEEPS GETTING SAID.
Coachdad Wrote:Year after year all I hear from mountain folk is Central ain't been hit in the mouth like the mountain teams hit. Guess that's how they got the 2 losses they have in 3A in the last 7 years , because they keep getting outtuffed and outhit.
UNBELIEVABLE THIS KEEPS GETTING SAID.

Neither or those losses were to mountain teams.
pjdoug Wrote:I see why some people weren't drinking the Justin Haddix Kool-Aid including myself but I think he will win the state championship in his first year at Corbin.

Maybe he will, but previous staff would be in same spot this Friday and Record would be the same. Time will tell but you can't base it on this season and this team.
I am a Bell Co fan that enjoys high school football was trying to give you a scouting report on Central so that you will have an Ideal of whats coming and they will bring the band have both times they traveled to Bell co
Belfry0304 Wrote:I usually take all merit away from anyone who says the key to beating a good running team is to blitz, think about it and if you have much football sense you'll see why that's not the best idea.

I agree. Blitzing a good running team will lead to a lot of big plays for the defense, but on the flip slide, it also leads to a lot of big plays for the offense once they get past the line of scrimmage.
Tommy doesn't blitz a lot so Central probably shouldn't expect it. The best defense for a good team like Central is simple assignment defense. Corbin is talented enough to match up tit for tat. This game will come down to who's tougher and wants it more.

Instead of asking what Corbin needs to do, we may need to ask "What does Central need to do in order to stop the Hounds?"
HAROLD Wrote:Tommy doesn't blitz a lot so Central probably shouldn't expect it. The best defense for a good team like Central is simple assignment defense. Corbin is talented enough to match up tit for tat. This game will come down to who's tougher and wants it more.

Instead of asking what Corbin needs to do, we may need to ask "What does Central need to do in order to stop the Hounds?"

Manufacture points, win the field position game, hold on to the football, make Corbin one dimensional.

Corbin has to establish a passing game downfield. Don't have to be home run balls, but they have to keep Central's DB's and LB's honest to slow down their pursuit and spread out the middle of the field. Defensively Corbin needs to keep Central between the hash marks. Don't let them get outside or lose contain and the Safeties need to make sure the deep pass is never there.

I say this every year and it continues to ring true as well. The one thing that is paramount to Corbin's chances above all else is DO NOT TURN THE BALL OVER. No team in the State of KY year in and year out is more dangerous at sudden change points than a Scroggins' coached Central team. Every fumble and Interception has the strong potential to be taken to the house...and if you are driving it could very well be a 14 point turn around. No Coach in KY does a better job of coaching his players to not only strip footballs but also how to block for their teammate in sudden chance situations.

I am leaning:
Central 17
Corbin 14
I like Corbin in this one. May come down to who has ball last. Would love to see Corbin in BG.
Central
Overcoming adversity is a way of life in Louisville's west end. It's nothing new for these kids. Central will be ready to play. Corbin had better be.
Corbin 28-21
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Manufacture points, win the field position game, hold on to the football, make Corbin one dimensional.

Corbin has to establish a passing game downfield. Don't have to be home run balls, but they have to keep Central's DB's and LB's honest to slow down their pursuit and spread out the middle of the field. Defensively Corbin needs to keep Central between the hash marks. Don't let them get outside or lose contain and the Safeties need to make sure the deep pass is never there.

I say this every year and it continues to ring true as well. The one thing that is paramount to Corbin's chances above all else is DO NOT TURN THE BALL OVER. No team in the State of KY year in and year out is more dangerous at sudden change points than a Scroggins' coached Central team. Every fumble and Interception has the strong potential to be taken to the house...and if you are driving it could very well be a 14 point turn around. No Coach in KY does a better job of coaching his players to not only strip footballs but also how to block for their teammate in sudden chance situations.

I am leaning:
Central 17
Corbin 14

This certainly bodes well for Central. As impressive as Corbin has been this year, they have been prone to turning the ball over more often than they should. Corbin will absolutely have to keep the butter off of their fingers on Friday night if they plan on beating Central.
central will be the only yellow jackets winning this week.
Tica Wrote:Overcoming adversity is a way of life in Louisville's west end. It's nothing new for these kids. Central will be ready to play. Corbin had better be.

You can bet Corbin will be ready.
killbilly usmc Wrote:central will be the only yellow jackets winning this week.

:hilarious:
This is not a vintage Louisville Central team. Yes, they have played a tough schedule but they have only defeated two solid teams in Bell County and Elizabethtown. The games they have lost, they haven't been competitive other than the Lafayette game which they lost 28-14. Any thing can happen in high school football, but I think the Redhounds are the better team this year. Haddix has a physical team who can pound the ball, and air it out when needed. Corbin is very well disciplined on defense, and they don't make a lot of mistakes on both sides of the ball. Central, like always, will have a lot of athletes and speed, but Corbin will be too strong up front, and this will prove to be the difference in the outcome of the game. Corbin will pound the ball, and unlike Belfry teams in the past who have went toe to toe with Central, the Redhounds can keep Central honest with their passing game. With that being said, I like Corbin by a score of 34-21. Good luck to Coach Haddix and the Hounds.
Corbin 34 Central 22
Tica Wrote:Overcoming adversity is a way of life in Louisville's west end. It's nothing new for these kids. Central will be ready to play. Corbin had better be.

I understand where you're coming from and it's unfair for any kid to have to overcome adversity, let alone it be a way of life. I hope and pray that any kid or any person for that matter are able to do so. However, this argument rings true for a lot of this state, not just the west end. While Corbin is a great town to live and raise a family (I'd move my family back if I could), it's not exactly The Hamptons or Pleasantville.

While Corbin has it better than a lot of places in Eastern Kentucky, it's still a place where lots of kids have to overcome adversity. The area has its fair share of problems that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemies. Sure, there are kids on the team who don't have as many "worries" as others but when your roster has dang near 80 kids, you can't bet there are plenty that have had to toughen up just to get by.

I think both teams will be mentally and physically tough this Friday night and give us a game to be proud of, win or lose.
I'm going with Corbin 21-14
After much thought about this game I'm going with the redhounds! I think that Corbin just has to much for central.
Corbin 21
Central 7
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!