Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North Laurel @ Whitley County Playoffs-First Round 11/7
Flash154 Wrote:I will play this game while you act as if you don't know the answer. To summarize, he was a coach that made excuses for losing instead of finding a way to win. Most of the time, he blamed the players for lack of effort. It was his way or no way. He began his first two years 4-17. He couldn't make decisions on the fly during the game and wouldn't listen to anyone else. My grandma could have intercepted Whitley because it was the same passing play to the same receiver over and over. His third year when he couldn't afford another losing season, Donnie Fox, a respected and experienced winning coach, was calling the plays so Whitley had a successful season. They were 12-2 that year. Everyone knew who was in charge and why. In a nutshell, his record was 40-53 during his stay. He didn't earn respect as coach, and the kids didn't want to play for him. His 1A coaching style didn't work at Whitley, and he didn't know how to adjust.

I figured you knew what was going on more than I do Smile/very good asessment. Donnie Fox is one of the best coaches ever in Whitley County.it would have been interesting to see what he could have done at the high school.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:If Whitley's administration was smart. (We know they've never been) Donnie Fox would of been the football coach at the high school a long time ago. I loved playing for Coach Fox, and everybody I played with did as well. Youre talking about a guy who had a run of season after season of destroying all the teams around here that would actually play us. I never heard the man cuss a kid out, get in his face, or even raise his voice. He was stern, and expected you to know what you did wrong, and it worked to perfection.
Fielding teams of 40 or 50 8th graders with everybody playing one way tells you all you need to know about how much kids wanted to play for him. By the time those groups got to there sophomore years there numbers usually wasn't even a quarter of what they were in middle school. The coaches he surrounded himself with were very respectable as well. Guy like Davis and Blankenship are awesome guys who taught the game which is what you need at that level. Im not going to comment on the Black statements, but you are correct in saying that group of guys were instrumental in helping that team play well.
Id love to see those guys on the high school sideline.

that is a good description of Coach Fox/he is laid back and easy going.but can have a temper when he needs toSmile. the main thing about him is he teaches you how to play the game and makes it simple.You're not lost when you get on the field. I've seen kids in a lot of highschool games that look lost out of position and not know what to do.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Black was a really good assistant at Whitley when I played. He was very good at teaching us the fundamentals of defense first and then how to excel at them later. When he left for Wburg he seen the opportunity to run an offense that he knew most 1A teams would have major trouble stopping, and they did.
When he came back to Whitley it just never clicked.
I think given time and having elementary and middle school running that offense in time maybe it would gave worked out there...IDK
Donnie Fox was a good coach and even better man...
He was there 8 years. In my opinion, they were very generous to have given him that long.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:If Whitley's administration was smart. (We know they've never been) Donnie Fox would of been the football coach at the high school a long time ago. I loved playing for Coach Fox, and everybody I played with did as well. Youre talking about a guy who had a run of season after season of destroying all the teams around here that would actually play us. I never heard the man cuss a kid out, get in his face, or even raise his voice. He was stern, and expected you to know what you did wrong, and it worked to perfection.
Fielding teams of 40 or 50 8th graders with everybody playing one way tells you all you need to know about how much kids wanted to play for him. By the time those groups got to there sophomore years there numbers usually wasn't even a quarter of what they were in middle school. The coaches he surrounded himself with were very respectable as well. Guy like Davis and Blankenship are awesome guys who taught the game which is what you need at that level. Im not going to comment on the Black statements, but you are correct in saying that group of guys were instrumental in helping that team play well.
Id love to see those guys on the high school sideline.

Both Gut and Flash are IDIOTS!! I do hope no one ever takes them seriously!! Gut didn't even go to whitley!! Fox NEVER called plays for the high school, except for the freshmen and he only did that because they didn't want him at the middle school anymore. For you all to pretend to know so much about the program, you know nothing!!! Gibbs did the play calling, Black did the defense. And for all the talk about how many kids Fox had out at the Middle School, how many played four years at the high school???? Not many, they actually had to practice there, not just goof off every day.
I don't care what they say, I played for Coach Black and he is a HECK of Coach !
Fox should have been doing ALL the play calling.
Copperhead11 Wrote:Both Gut and Flash are IDIOTS!! I do hope no one ever takes them seriously!! Gut didn't even go to whitley!! Fox NEVER called plays for the high school, except for the freshmen and he only did that because they didn't want him at the middle school anymore. For you all to pretend to know so much about the program, you know nothing!!! Gibbs did the play calling, Black did the defense. And for all the talk about how many kids Fox had out at the Middle School, how many played four years at the high school???? Not many, they actually had to practice there, not just goof off every day.

Exactly where did I go to school then? There hasn't ever been one post in my 21000 on this site where I have EVER said that I did not go to Whitley. I played at Whitley, Graduated at Whitley, and still love the school. Are you topnotchs other half or something? You and your cronies all come up with these ridiculous conclusion about me but I often find them amusing. At the end of the day, none of them have ever been correct.

That worked out really well didn't it?
If you take out the 08 season then what did he win at Whitley? 20 games in 7 years or close to it. It sounds as though you were a player of his an upset at the things being said, but you will mature enough to realize whats being talked about when the koolaid goes dry.

To the last bolded it sounds like youre a little bitter at some kids quitting that you went to school with. It happened to all of us. not just your bunch. I was lucky enough to graduate with almost 20 seniors, and still to this day im not sure any class has matched it. Don't be naïve.
I would have traded any high school coach Whitley has had for Fox. Still do it now. I would've taken him over Dudley.
Copperhead11 Wrote:Both Gut and Flash are IDIOTS!! I do hope no one ever takes them seriously!! Gut didn't even go to whitley!! Fox NEVER called plays for the high school, except for the freshmen and he only did that because they didn't want him at the middle school anymore. For you all to pretend to know so much about the program, you know nothing!!! Gibbs did the play calling, Black did the defense. And for all the talk about how many kids Fox had out at the Middle School, how many played four years at the high school???? Not many, they actually had to practice there, not just goof off every day.
You obviously know nothing about Whitley. You must have lacked drive and determination it took to play for Coach Fox. Nothing you say will ever convince anyone that you know what you are talking about. True Whitley fans know the truth.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Exactly where did I go to school then? There hasn't ever been one post in my 21000 on this site where I have EVER said that I did not go to Whitley. I played at Whitley, Graduated at Whitley, and still love the school. Are you topnotchs other half or something? You and your cronies all come up with these ridiculous conclusion about me but I often find them amusing. At the end of the day, none of them have ever been correct.

That worked out really well didn't it?
If you take out the 08 season then what did he win at Whitley? 20 games in 7 years or close to it. It sounds as though you were a player of his an upset at the things being said, but you will mature enough to realize whats being talked about when the koolaid goes dry.

To the last bolded it sounds like youre a little bitter at some kids quitting that you went to school with. It happened to all of us. not just your bunch. I was lucky enough to graduate with almost 20 seniors, and still to this day im not sure any class has matched it. Don't be naïve.
I would have traded any high school coach Whitley has had for Fox. Still do it now. I would've taken him over Dudley.

Fox is truly a great football mind. I would have liked to have seen him coach at the highschool level.
Flash154 Wrote:You obviously know nothing about Whitley. You must have lacked drive and determination it took to play for Coach Fox. Nothing you say will ever convince anyone that you know what you are talking about. True Whitley fans know the truth.

I dont know who is an idiot and who isn'tConfusednicker: but I'm a true Colonels fan and Fox is absolutely the best coach to ever be in the Whitley County school system.
Am I on the wrong thread? What does this have to do with the North Laurel - Whitley County game? To get back on track - better wear some long handles to that game because I have a feeling it is going to be cold, maybe snow, possibly rain? Wish that weather man would quit changing the forecast! I want it to be a nice crisp night, (NO MOISTURE) so Whitley can have their best game and North Laurel can have their best game, that way, whoever loses, does just that, loses! Good luck to both teams!! :igiveup:
Tight End Wrote:Am I on the wrong thread? What does this have to do with the North Laurel - Whitley County game? To get back on track - better wear some long handles to that game because I have a feeling it is going to be cold, maybe snow, possibly rain? Wish that weather man would quit changing the forecast! I want it to be a nice crisp night, (NO MOISTURE) so Whitley can have their best game and North Laurel can have their best game, that way, whoever loses, does just that, loses! Good luck to both teams!! :igiveup:

Nobody must care about North Laurel Confusednicker:
Tight End Wrote:Am I on the wrong thread? What does this have to do with the North Laurel - Whitley County game? To get back on track - better wear some long handles to that game because I have a feeling it is going to be cold, maybe snow, possibly rain? Wish that weather man would quit changing the forecast! I want it to be a nice crisp night, (NO MOISTURE) so Whitley can have their best game and North Laurel can have their best game, that way, whoever loses, does just that, loses! Good luck to both teams!! :igiveup:

Yes, you are on the wrong thread :biggrin:
pjdoug Wrote:I dont know who is an idiot and who isn'tConfusednicker: but I'm a true Colonels fan and Fox is absolutely the best coach to ever be in the Whitley County school system.

I would tend to disagree with that statement. I believe coach Woods, who is there now, is the best football coach ever to coach at Whitley County.
As for the game, I expect a closer game than most with a different outcome than most.
Whitley 29
N. Laurel 26
Copperhead11 Wrote:[/B]

I would tend to disagree with that statement. I believe coach Woods, who is there now, is the best football coach ever to coach at Whitley County.
As for the game, I expect a closer game than most with a different outcome than most.
Whitley 29
N. Laurel 26

Did you play football at Williamsburg?
At least the weather has changed again for game time Friday night, no rain in the forecast at this moment!! I still think NL will hit the field running & win this one!:blabbermo
Someone call someone an idiot? How did I miss this thread? Confusednicker:

As for the game

GO COLONELS
North Laurel - 33

Whitley County - 13
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Nobody must care about North Laurel Confusednicker:

North Laurel is going to win this game Gut and there is nothing you can do about it:truestory:
JagSwag Wrote:North Laurel is going to win this game Gut and there is nothing you can do about it:truestory:

The Colonels are going to take you to the woodshed:ChairHit:
Demarcus ware Wrote:Someone call someone an idiot? How did I miss this thread? Confusednicker:

As for the game

GO COLONELS

Roll Colonels:Cheerlead
JagSwag Wrote:North Laurel is going to win this game Gut and there is nothing you can do about it:truestory:

Had North Laurel ever won a playoff game in there history, I might believe you :blabbermo
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Had North Laurel ever won a playoff game in there history, I might believe you :blabbermo

Always a first time for everything! Look at the Election last night, who would have thought it would have been such a 'sweep'! I don't have a dog in this fight other than I have been supporting NL this season because some fellows I work with have kids on the team. What I think is this: 1. NL has continued to improve every game with the exception of the SL game where they had an off night. 2. They were beat by the 2 best teams they played by 3 pts total (Pulaski - SW). 3. They have a killer defensive unit, that can stop the run or the pass - I have seen them do it in person. 4. They have the ability and the personnel to change things up and do some things offensively that they have not utilized all season but may in the up-coming game (we saw a teaser of it last Friday night). 5. North, has the BEST athletes - player for player, we saw Whitley in a couple of games & came away with that opinion. I will be really surprised if NL gets beat Friday night after watching them during the regular season. I just think it is their year! Cheers to North Laurel, no matter what happens, you have kept the excitement level high for this old player. I have loved every minute of following you this season! GO JAGS!! :Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead
north laurel by 2
Tight End Wrote:At least the weather has changed again for game time Friday night, no rain in the forecast at this moment!! I still think NL will hit the field running & win this one!:blabbermo

it rained all day yesterday and all night and is still pouring down :mop:
pjdoug Wrote:I dont know who is an idiot and who isn'tConfusednicker: but I'm a true Colonels fan and Fox is absolutely the best coach to ever be in the Whitley County school system.

:lmao:
Warrior 2002 Wrote::lmao:

Confusedtare:
The good guys win at home, Colonels 24-20...
Tight End Wrote:Always a first time for everything! Look at the Election last night, who would have thought it would have been such a 'sweep'! I don't have a dog in this fight other than I have been supporting NL this season because some fellows I work with have kids on the team. What I think is this: 1. NL has continued to improve every game with the exception of the SL game where they had an off night. 2. They were beat by the 2 best teams they played by 3 pts total (Pulaski - SW). 3. They have a killer defensive unit, that can stop the run or the pass - I have seen them do it in person. 4. They have the ability and the personnel to change things up and do some things offensively that they have not utilized all season but may in the up-coming game (we saw a teaser of it last Friday night). 5. North, has the BEST athletes - player for player, we saw Whitley in a couple of games & came away with that opinion. I will be really surprised if NL gets beat Friday night after watching them during the regular season. I just think it is their year! Cheers to North Laurel, no matter what happens, you have kept the excitement level high for this old player. I have loved every minute of following you this season! GO JAGS!! :Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead

You can't describe how much fun this really is!!!
:Wave: