Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pulaski vs. Southwestern
I have had the oppurtunity to watch both of these teams play this year. My take:

Southwestern will have very very difficult time moving the football on pulaski defense. The team speed is outstanding on the defensive side of the football for the maroons. Yes I agree that the Pulaski offense will take a slight hit now that Hall is out against a quality team in Southwestern due to the fact that gregory is one of their top 2 playmakers at reciever along with Johnson so by him playing QB it diminishes the offense some on the perimeter and the offense will not be as balanced. However the running game will be stronger for pulaski now because gregory is a lethal threat running the ball and Southwestern does not have the horsepower or athletes to overcome and get the win. Southwestern Dline is strong and I love watching the edwards kid play but outside of him and Butt, they do not have near the skill set that Pulaski has. I'll take Pulaski 31 to 14.
If Southern always wins in middle school then what happens to them at the high school level? Has the instability in coaching played a part in that?
Pulaski by 3 touchdowns.
steel city gal Wrote:If Southern always wins in middle school then what happens to them at the high school level? Has the instability in coaching played a part in that?

Most years in middle school Southern was just more fundamentally sound. In high school the fundamentals even out. But I think their biggest problem over the last few years is being to one dimensional, they have had no passing game. But now with Pruitt developing into one of the best QB's in the state under Coach French they are primed to compete for a state championship.
Pulaski has the best athletes and speed..... Which will translate into a win..... 21-7
PC is a solid team but dont think this team is as solid last years team or the 09 PC team led by Zack Eastham and Tyler Abner.
Pulaski is a very very good football team, Southwestern has an excellent coach, I like Southwestern but not this year.
Well it's finally here,time to strap up and let the players settle it on the field to end all the fan BS'n. Praying for a safe hard fought game between two pretty good teams. Both are well coached and game tested. SW has gotten stronger as the season played out, PC has well,been exactly what everyone expected them to be, a very good state championship contender. Has SW closed the gap enough to beat PC? We're soon to find out. I'll be there pulling for my Warriors reguardless of the out come...GOOO WARRIORS!!!
I would love to see the upset this week, but I think Pulaski County will pull it out. Next week is a different story.
Pulaski wins this week and pulls the upset next week at home.