Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What would make KY HS football better overall
mysonis55 Wrote:Man if we have more jobs than east does, then this state must be bankrupt.

Man its a fact. Central KY has jobs...thats it. We have nothing over here, outside of Ashland Oil, which continues to be shutdown bit by bit. I wont make this a political thing, but alot of these "government changes to the coal industry" have hurt out side of the state really bad.
We are reeling too. Its everywhere. Around Chicago area it's the mills cutting work. Here we have lost General Tire, Goodyear, Ingersol Rand and most of USEC.
pjdoug Wrote:if every school in the state used this common sense solution, imagine how fast Kentucky football would improve. teams like Highlands are always so good because they are well coached from a young age and fundamentally sound.not to mention the financial support.

:Clap:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
mysonis55 Wrote:Sorry my computer is giving me fits. The first line above is, All sports teach something that can be used in football.

It's ok if you drink in the am.....Confusednicker:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Here's my concern about the turn this thread is taking........$$$$.

Teaching skills, utilizing "limited" resources, good football teachers/mentors, heart and work ethic....ARE NOT DEFINED BY $$$. So let's ditch the economic woe and focus on solutions minus money folks!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
mysonis55 Wrote:I think we spend too much time each year with this discussion about where the big games are played. I'm so tired of hearing it that I wish we would do like Texas and the team with the higher seed picks where they want to play it. Then we wouldn't have all the games in one place and all this discussion year after year could just go away.

If the state title games were held in Pikeville you'd be singing a different tune. Quite frankly it's ridiculous that we have it in bowling green. That's a 3 hour plus drive for almost everyone east of I75.

Where the state title fame is played at has nothing to do with how good football is in this state though. I think we can all agree on that. You don't sit out from playing football because you might have to drive to bowling green in december.

If UK ever decides to go to turf that will be the best place to hold the title games. No question.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:If the state title games were held in Pikeville you'd be singing a different tune. Quite frankly it's ridiculous that we have it in bowling green. That's a 3 hour plus drive for almost everyone east of I75.

Where the state title fame is played at has nothing to do with how good football is in this state though. I think we can all agree on that. You don't sit out from playing football because you might have to drive to bowling green in december.

If UK ever decides to go to turf that will be the best place to hold the title games. No question.
It's official. UK is going to turf next year. Already announced.