Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 30 Prestonsburg 29
Ike Cooter Wrote:I would like my crow medium well with a side of gravy. I truly thought Prestonsburg would win big based on what each team had returning and their seasons last year. However what I didn't factor into my prediction was coaching.

Congrats Pikeville. Looking forward to week 3.

You didn't factor anything but stupidity into this prediction.

http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/sho...stcount=78

Then you came up with an even lamer post trying to explain it.Confusednicker:
jetpilot Wrote:No, it sounds like a lot of whining coming from the losing team's "fans".
Bashing coaches is what losing teams do when they refuse to admit their team lost on the field.

... or they accuse the other team of having an unfair advantage

Checklist for Post Game Losses:
Option 1: Blame Officials

If Option 1 is not valid...

Option 2: Blame the Coaches

If Option 2 is not valid...

Option 3: Accuse The Other Team of Recruiting
EKUAlum05 Wrote:... or they accuse the other team of having an unfair advantage

First thing I noticed is there isn't a "If Option 3 is not valid...":biggrin:
Seriously, totally agree with you though. And this is coming from a (semi)reformed whiner.
jetpilot Wrote:First thing I noticed is there isn't a "If Option 3 is not valid...":biggrin:
Seriously, totally agree with you though. And this is coming from a (semi)reformed whiner.

I still give Middlesboro credit... they took it to like Option 6 with their "The Bus Trip away from the Metro Mecca of Middlesboro was too much culture shock to overcome" excuse last year.

My all-time favorite.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I still give Middlesboro credit... they took it to like Option 6 with their "The Bus Trip away from the Metro Mecca of Middlesboro was too much culture shock to overcome" excuse last year.

My all-time favorite.

:biglmao:Yes, that one will be next to impossible to top.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I still give Middlesboro credit... they took it to like Option 6 with their "The Bus Trip away from the Metro Mecca of Middlesboro was too much culture shock to overcome" excuse last year.

My all-time favorite.
I wonder if we should have Pikeville players watch "Westward Ho" in preparation for the trip to Middlesboro this year? Y'know, to prevent culture shock from those wagon travels. :eyeroll:
jetpilot Wrote:No, it sounds like a lot of whining coming from the losing team's "fans".
Bashing coaches is what losing teams do when they refuse to admit their team lost on the field.

Of course, there IS another explanation why the discussion has tilted P-burg's way - there are simply MORE folks who care about the Blackcats than the Panthers...

(I'm assuming the "troll club" has open membership)

Confusednicker:

I didn't mean it to sound like I'm bashing. I'm a Pikeville fan. Just speaking what I happen to think is the truth.
oneijoe Wrote:Of course, there IS another explanation why the discussion has tilted P-burg's way - there are simply MORE folks who care about the Blackcats than the Panthers...

(I'm assuming the "troll club" has open membership)

Confusednicker:

You have a future in trolling if you choose to go that route sir...:biggrin:
Didn't like the score, but I think both teams learned a lot that will be of great benefit as the season progresses. Both teams need to work on pass coverage. They both looked pretty good between the tackles on defense. Both teams need to work on their d-endplay. They were all crashing the first dive back and leaving the outside open. Pass blocking by both teams was exceptional. Fumbles, errors and bad snaps are hopefully first game jitters. Good luck to both teams next week. Go Cats.
jetpilot Wrote:You have a future in trolling if you choose to go that route sir...:biggrin:

EKUAlum05 will attest to my experience and talent level doing so from that -other- site. In past times there, I may have been a might rough on the Greater Williamson metro crowd.

:biggrin:
EKUAlum05 Wrote:... or they accuse the other team of having an unfair advantage

You could also use the Belfry classic.
Option 4: It is early in the season. We are the only team on the planet that gets better as the season goes on. Confusednicker:
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:You could also use the Belfry classic.
Option 4: It is early in the season. We are the only team on the planet that gets better as the season goes on. Confusednicker:

HAHA

You know better than that

Belfry doesnt need option 4 because we already have told everyone before the game Belfry was going to lose by 3 TD's anyway... even if every other person outside of Belfry views them as the favorite.

"I know this team is 4-3 they are playing and Belfry is 7-0... but they have an enrollment with 100 more students and even though they return the same number of starters as Belfry their guys played in more 7 on 7 this summer."
jetpilot Wrote:You didn't factor anything but stupidity into this prediction.

http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/sho...stcount=78

Then you came up with an even lamer post trying to explain it.Confusednicker:

Not sure why you are pissing vinegar at me. I guess your football knowledge is much greater than mine and you have all the right answers and opinions. From now on I'll just copy and paste what you post so you don't have to bash on me. :igiveup::Sad04:
Alright, this one is in the books and it was an exciting finish. But it's also Monday, which means it's time to file this one away for after the season and focus on Hazard and Sheldon Clark, respectively. One at a time, enjoy the ride.
Panther Thunder Wrote:After the game, Coach Mac and, Panther Great, Jody Brown fulfilled their part of the deal on a challenge issued by their coach, Hillard Howard. The two participated in the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge and handed out some challenges of their own to some more Panther legends! It was a fun night for Panthers fans, topped off with support for a great cause.

Lol! This is good. And for a great cause too. Hope Jeff and Sean come through.
Pikeville showed a lot of grit coming from being down 2tds and going for the 2 points in the last seconds for the win. They will be playing Williamsburg in the state semi's
This game is over and pikeville won an instant classic. But now let's talk hazard vs pikeville and p-burg vs Sheldon Clark. And Williamsburg will have a tall task in hand giving coach Dixon his first home playoff loss.
Ike Cooter Wrote:Not sure why you are pissing vinegar at me. I guess your football knowledge is much greater than mine and you have all the right answers and opinions. From now on I'll just copy and paste what you post so you don't have to bash on me. :igiveup::Sad04:

You predicted Prestonsburg would "wipe the carpet".
Then you took a shot at Prestonsburg's coaching staff.
Plenty of vinegar in that. If you dish it out son you got to take it. Especially if your wild predictions end up being so far off base. Not bashing you at all, just calling you out. Maybe you didn't know Pikeville won at Prestonsburg by 17 last year and only lost 6 seniors and had a ton of talent coming back. But seriously it's all in fun.
Anyone seen stats on this one? I've looked and can't find any.
PHSForever Wrote:Anyone seen stats on this one? I've looked and can't find any.

I seen the only one that matters.

Pikeville 30
Prestonsburg 29

Confusednicker:
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:I seen the only one that matters.

Pikeville 30
Prestonsburg 29

Confusednicker:
Lol. Very true. I was just curious. I'm a numbers guy. :biggrin:
Rushing
Jersey Player Rush
Attempts
Net
Yards
Rushing
Touchdowns
Scored
Rushing
Frasure, Dalton
22 83 0
Jarrell, Chatlin
1 0 0
Jarrell, Jarredd
15 51 1
Marcum, Seth
1 1 0
Passing
Jersey Player Pass
Attempts
Pass
Completions
Interceptions Net
Yards
Passing
Touchdowns
Pass
Completions
Jarrell, Jarredd
27 15 0 220 3
Receiving
Jersey Player Pass
Receptions
Yards
Gainned
Receiving
Touchdowns
Pass
Receptions
Frasure, Dalton
2 32 0
Jarrell, Chatlin
6 74 1
Jarrell, Evan
2 23 0
Ousley, Chase
2 42 0
Reed, Jackson
3 49 2
Scoring
Jersey Player Touchdowns
Scored
Rushing
Touchdowns
Scored
Receiving
Touchdowns
Scored
Other
Field
Goals
Scored
Extra
2-Point
Conversions
Scored
Total
Frasure, Dalton
0 0 0 0 0 1 2
Green, Tate
0 0 0 0 3 0 3
Jarrell, Chatlin
0 1 0 0 0 0 6
Jarrell, Jarredd
1 0 0 0 0 0 6
Reed, Jackson
0 2 0 0 0 0 12
Fumble Recovery
Jersey Player Fumble
Recoveries
Fumble
Recovery
Net
Yards
Fumble
Recovery
Touchdowns
Jarrell, Jarredd
1 0 0
Ousley, Chase
1 0 0
Perry, Steven
1 0 0
Tackle
Jersey Player Solo
Tackles
Assisted
Tackles
Total
Tackles
Jarrell, Evan
3 1 4
Jarrell, Jarredd
1 0 1
Little, Steven
3 2 5
Marcum, Seth
5 2 7
Ousley, Chase
6 6 12
Perry, Steven
1 3 4
Spears, Thomas
0 3 3
Stanley, Paul
1 0 1
Walker, Gabe
0 2 2
White, Sean
4 7 11
Rushing
Jersey Player Rush
Attempts
Net
Yards
Rushing
Touchdowns
Scored
Rushing
Charles, Austin
15 84 1
Maynard, Ben
4 3 0
Pugh, Daric
15 93 0
Slone, Clay
1 -11 0
Passing
Jersey Player Pass
Attempts
Pass
Completions
Interceptions Net
Yards
Passing
Touchdowns
Pass
Completions
Charles, Austin
14 7 0 182 3
Receiving
Jersey Player Pass
Receptions
Yards
Gainned
Receiving
Touchdowns
Pass
Receptions
Estep, Cody
4 79 1
Maynard, Ben
2 89 1
Mcnamee, Andrew
1 14 1
Scoring
Jersey Player Touchdowns
Scored
Rushing
Touchdowns
Scored
Receiving
Touchdowns
Scored
Other
Field
Goals
Scored
Extra
2-Point
Conversions
Scored
Total
Allara, Logan "LJ"
0 0 0 0 2 0 2
Charles, Austin
1 0 0 0 0 1 8
Estep, Cody
0 1 0 0 0 0 6
Maynard, Ben
0 1 0 0 0 0 6
Mcnamee, Andrew
0 1 0 0 0 0 6
Pugh, Daric
0 0 0 0 0 1 2
Watched this one last night before bed on PikeTV.

Pikeville
- Estep just makes plays when you need them. Pburg did a good job on him most of the night but as soon as they had man coverage with no Safety over the top it was a 65 yard TD.
- Loved Pikeville's grit. They just kept fighting... they also did a great job dialing up pressure on 4th Down after Jarrell had all day on every other down.
- Pugh impressed me... loved the way he runs with his shoulders down looking for contact. Not the fleetest back, but he will do just fine this year
- Charles did a great job.... but Maynard is by far the most improved Panther
- Lineplay both ways was iffy at best... Pikeville's secondary has serious work to do. Tons of blown assignments.. granted a lot were the by product of Jarrell having 10-12 seconds to pass some times.
- I love the EKB broadcast teams and usually Pikeville's crew does a fine job, but they were wearing their hearts on their sleeves and the constant griping about officiating was a bit much. Not used to that from them. The crazy thing is most of the calls they were so upset about seemed to be pretty good calls. Estep hit the guy before the ball on the PI and did not have his head around... Charles was a clear fumble in the first Half when he was upended.. the late hit they wanted was a good "play on" call. Some of their cries for holding were legit, but I saw Pikeville getting by with similar calls all night. As I said usually that crew is top notch... much like their criticism of the officials they used 3-4 times I will chalk it up to "Being the first game for the broadcast crew as well".

Pburg
- You have to love the fact it is no longer J. Jarrell, Frasure, and C. Jarrell and noone else. The Reed kid looked awesome and the third Jarrell gives them weapons all over the field now. Much, much, much more dangerous offensive team than last year. Really liked the way the Reed kid looked.
- Pburg has to kick themselves because they could have won this on multiple fronts. Penalties at the wrong time, missed execution, questionable play calls, defensive breakdowns, and general fatigue all played roles. If Pburg cleans up their own self inflicted wounds they are going to be just fine moving forward, especially offensively as I am not sure any 2A team Eats of I-75 save NewCath can contain their offensive weapons.
- Maybe it was just me but Jarrell seemed to force himself to look down field on passing plays. In years past the kid has certainly nearly killed himself trying to be a weapon on every play and now he has help... but there were 6 or 7 times that had he tucked it like year's past he had 20-30 yards but instead either took a sack reversing field or ran only once his window was gone. I admire the discipline but if your first two or three reads aren't there and you have an open sideline for 15 yards you need to take it.
Prestonsburg 355 total yards, Pikeville 351. This game couldn't be any closer if you played it 100 times lol. Thanks for the info #1.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Watched this one last night before bed on PikeTV.

Pikeville
- Estep just makes plays when you need them. Pburg did a good job on him most of the night but as soon as they had man coverage with no Safety over the top it was a 65 yard TD.
- Loved Pikeville's grit. They just kept fighting... they also did a great job dialing up pressure on 4th Down after Jarrell had all day on every other down.
- Pugh impressed me... loved the way he runs with his shoulders down looking for contact. Not the fleetest back, but he will do just fine this year
- Charles did a great job.... but Maynard is by far the most improved Panther
- Lineplay both ways was iffy at best... Pikeville's secondary has serious work to do. Tons of blown assignments.. granted a lot were the by product of Jarrell having 10-12 seconds to pass some times.
- I love the EKB broadcast teams and usually Pikeville's crew does a fine job, but they were wearing their hearts on their sleeves and the constant griping about officiating was a bit much. Not used to that from them. The crazy thing is most of the calls they were so upset about seemed to be pretty good calls. Estep hit the guy before the ball on the PI and did not have his head around... Charles was a clear fumble in the first Half when he was upended.. the late hit they wanted was a good "play on" call. Some of their cries for holding were legit, but I saw Pikeville getting by with similar calls all night. As I said usually that crew is top notch... much like their criticism of the officials they used 3-4 times I will chalk it up to "Being the first game for the broadcast crew as well".

Pburg
- You have to love the fact it is no longer J. Jarrell, Frasure, and C. Jarrell and noone else. The Reed kid looked awesome and the third Jarrell gives them weapons all over the field now. Much, much, much more dangerous offensive team than last year. Really liked the way the Reed kid looked.
- Pburg has to kick themselves because they could have won this on multiple fronts. Penalties at the wrong time, missed execution, questionable play calls, defensive breakdowns, and general fatigue all played roles. If Pburg cleans up their own self inflicted wounds they are going to be just fine moving forward, especially offensively as I am not sure any 2A team Eats of I-75 save NewCath can contain their offensive weapons.
- Maybe it was just me but Jarrell seemed to force himself to look down field on passing plays. In years past the kid has certainly nearly killed himself trying to be a weapon on every play and now he has help... but there were 6 or 7 times that had he tucked it like year's past he had 20-30 yards but instead either took a sack reversing field or ran only once his window was gone. I admire the discipline but if your first two or three reads aren't there and you have an open sideline for 15 yards you need to take it.

Agree with your post except Pikeville had the bolded issues as well as a bunch of turnovers. So I don't buy that Prestonsburg should be kicking themselves. Just because Pikeville pulled out the win doesn't mean there isn't a lot to kick themselves about as well. Again, take away all the turnovers, snap over the punter's head, helmet coming off on a TD, dumb penalties etc and Pikeville wins going away.
jetpilot Wrote:Agree with your post except Pikeville had the bolded issues as well as a bunch of turnovers. So I don't buy that Prestonsburg should be kicking themselves. Just because Pikeville pulled out the win doesn't mean there isn't a lot to kick themselves about as well. Again, take away all the turnovers, snap over the punter's head, helmet coming off on a TD, dumb penalties etc and Pikeville wins going away.

Had Pikeville lost I would have said the same thing. They won though.

Neither team played very crisp football and both have a lot to work on.

Speaking of which...those kickoffs from both teams were some of the ugliest football I have ever seen. Goat Rodeo almost every squib kick.
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:
Rushing
Jersey Player Rush
Attempts
Net
Yards
Rushing
Touchdowns
Scored
Rushing
Charles, Austin
15 84 1
Maynard, Ben
4 3 0
Pugh, Daric
15 93 0
Slone, Clay
1 -11 0
Passing
Jersey Player Pass
Attempts
Pass
Completions
Interceptions Net
Yards
Passing
Touchdowns
Pass
Completions
Charles, Austin
14 7 0 182 3
Receiving
Jersey Player Pass
Receptions
Yards
Gainned
Receiving
Touchdowns
Pass
Receptions
Estep, Cody
4 79 1
Maynard, Ben
2 89 1
Mcnamee, Andrew
1 14 1
Scoring
Jersey Player Touchdowns
Scored
Rushing
Touchdowns
Scored
Receiving
Touchdowns
Scored
Other
Field
Goals
Scored
Extra
2-Point
Conversions
Scored
Total
Allara, Logan "LJ"
0 0 0 0 2 0 2
Charles, Austin
1 0 0 0 0 1 8
Estep, Cody
0 1 0 0 0 0 6
Maynard, Ben
0 1 0 0 0 0 6
Mcnamee, Andrew
0 1 0 0 0 0 6
Pugh, Daric
0 0 0 0 0 1 2
Nice. Thanks for posting. Passing game was fairly even, basically came down to the running game in terms of offense. If you had told me before the game that Pikeville would keep Frasure under 100 rushing, I would not have believed you. I honestly thought he would be a bigger focal point. Jarrell had a 55% completion rate with an average gain of 15 yards per pass, and Charles was at 50% with 26 yards per pass average. Frasure had total offense of 115 yards for 4.79 yards per touch, and Pugh had total offense of 93 yards at a 6.2 yards per touch. I think the biggest difference was the running of Charles. Dual threat was the killer. He and Jarrell both ran same number of times (15), with Charles getting 84 yards (5.6 per carry) vs Jarrell getting 51 (3.4 per carry). Total offense for Jarrell 271 yards, Charles 268 on fewer offensive plays.

Sorry. Told ya I was a numbers guy. Lol. Pikeville's D was on the field longer, which makes me even more impressed with how they play. 17 total more snaps by Pburg than Pikeville. Once Pikeville flips that number, they are going to be scary indeed. I like our team.