Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harlan County vs. Bryan Station 8/23 (Roy Kidd Bowl-@ Madison Central)
Granny Bear Wrote:No!! Between bear claw, Demarcus ware and me....we just wouldn't be enough to protect him against all those BBM's that he made so mad during basketball season!!!

Im not scared. They don't even come around anymore. Ive been here through 1-10 seasons, 12-2 seasons, your fans disappear when the downslide begins :biggrin:
bear claw Wrote:Granny, that is GREAT to hear cause there is no doubt that you are the face of HC football on this site. You are not only the face of HC but you are the face of BGR. EVERYONE on this site loves and respects you. Us HC fans are just lucky to have you on our side!

Granny, how much you paying this poor little guy?
bear claw Wrote:Granny, that is GREAT to hear cause there is no doubt that you are the face of HC football on this site. You are not only the face of HC but you are the face of BGR. EVERYONE on this site loves and respects you. Us HC fans are just lucky to have you on our side!

Awww, that's sweet of you bear claw. Thank you!!

pjdoug Wrote:it was Cawood field and I got sick of hearing the air horns Confusednicker:

Oh, you survived!! Stop whining!!

RunItUpTheGut Wrote:They all know the end is near.....

The filthy animals may be the 4-6 animals from here on out :biglmao:

At least we don't pick up and move JUST so we can have another team to root for; COWARD!!!
:gtfo:

RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Im not scared. They don't even come around anymore. Ive been here through 1-10 seasons, 12-2 seasons, your fans disappear when the downslide begins :biggrin:

Nope most of those girls graduated, so they don't come around much. You just better be careful when/if you return to Bloody Harlan!! Confusednicker:

RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Granny, how much you paying this poor little guy?

More than YOU make!!!
I am going to pick Harlan, but I'll say BLACK BEARS be ready to defend speed on the edge and cover the pass. Coach Parks does a great job and has one of the best offenses in the state and that is FOR REAL. Harlan should line up and run the ball down there throat if they want to win and any thing other than that will get them beat. Should be a great high school football game.

Harlan Co. 28
Bryan Station 24
Oh, we have NO problem running the ball down their throats, and that's for SURE. The passing defense AND the speed after turning that corner, worries me.
Bryan Station 35
Harlan County 20

Sorry Granny. I think BS athleticism will prevail in this early season match up. I will be pulling for you. I hope the Black Bears prove me wrong.
Granny Bear Wrote:Awww, that's sweet of you bear claw. Thank you!!

Oh, you survived!! Stop whining!!

At least we don't pick up and move JUST so we can have another team to root for; COWARD!!!
:gtfo:

Nope most of those girls graduated, so they don't come around much. You just better be careful when/if you return to Bloody Harlan!! Confusednicker:

More than YOU make!!!

I always survive Harlan County. I don't think I'm disliked as much as Gut yet Confusednicker:
I remember the last time HC played a Lexington Public School at the start of the season. It was against Tates Creek and it was crazy!

65-54 win for HC back in 2012

Though I dont quite see a replay anything close to that...both teams I think will have some issues with youth.

I'll go:
Harlan County 33
Bryan Station 27
pjdoug Wrote:I always survive Harlan County. I don't think I'm disliked as much as Gut yet Confusednicker:
NOBODY is!!

Smile
If Harlan Co. has a good secondary and pressure the QB they'll be fine, if they don't...watch out!
Pressure on the QB and pass rushing will be fine.

Secondary has some youngsters. They are great athletes, but just a little inexperienced.
From the little I heard from the BS/Ryle scrimmage, sounds like BS might be weak on the lines and that looks good for HC's running game. But I think BS's skilled players are going to make some big plays and make the difference in the game allowing BS to pull out the win in a competative game. I look for quick scores by BS and long drives for scores by HC. Not knowing too much about either team yet this year I have to take BS because they always seem to put big, fast, very good athletes on the field, just hope the coaching is getting better. Good luck to both teams.
sstack Wrote:From the little I heard from the BS/Ryle scrimmage, sounds like BS might be weak on the lines and that looks good for HC's running game. But I think BS's skilled players are going to make some big plays and make the difference in the game allowing BS to pull out the win in a competative game. I look for quick scores by BS and long drives for scores by HC. Not knowing too much about either team yet this year I have to take BS because they always seem to put big, fast, very good athletes on the field, just hope the coaching is getting better. Good luck to both teams.

I saw Station at the UK 7 on 7 and I can tell you that Station has numerous athletes that can fly and a bunch of play makers. Saw tape of their scrimmage and they are very small and not skill on the line. If HC can put pressure and/ or cover all those rabbits running around, then yes HC wins.
Harlan county
Granny Bear Wrote:NOBODY is!!

Smile

:biglmao:
These young Bears have some speed, maybe the most we've had as a whole team, but the secondary have up some plays in the Wayne Couny scrimmage. The Bears best pass defense has always been pressuring the QB, and that's something that could determine the game.
If the Bears can slow down the pace and keep BS their skill players on the side line watching I think they have more than A decent shot..
We will have to control the clock. This B.S. team can score anytime they snap the ball. We need long drives with points and we will need to turn them over a time or two. I am very concerned about them throwing the ball on us. We start 2 freshmen and besides Cornett we have no one with varsity experience back there in the secondary. We HAVE to make open field tackles and try and keep them in front of us cause they are a whole lot faster than we are. my prediction HC-49 BS-42.
bear claw Wrote:We will have to control the clock. This B.S. team can score anytime they snap the ball. We need long drives with points and we will need to turn them over a time or two. I am very concerned about them throwing the ball on us. We start 2 freshmen and besides Cornett we have no one with varsity experience back there in the secondary. We HAVE to make open field tackles and try and keep them in front of us cause they are a whole lot faster than we are. my prediction HC-49 BS-42.

Control the clock!

Our young guys are athletic, just need a little experience. They're all working hard at practice. I expect this team to be more focused than what we saw at grid. I'm excited! Where we eating? LOL
Are you kidding?? Richmond DOES have a Cracker Barrel, doesn't it????

Confusednicker:
Never said our kids were not athletic.
Bryan Station 49
Harlan County 6
^^
Shut up!!
bear claw Wrote:Never said our kids were not athletic.

Me either. Just young; they'll learn!!
MamaBear, never meant to offend you. If you read the newspaper today coach Larkey said the exact thing I was pointing out.
Bryan Station will enjoy a running clock in this one.
^
Enjoy my putting my foot up your ass.
^
Not even all the cake in the world will allow HC to win this one.
You sound like a jealous little boy.