Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rank The Finals Participants
I just don't know what you guys are smoking when it comes to mayfield. I get it coming from their fans. You do realize they lost to the best team they have played in years and Caldwell didn't even make the final four in 2A. Caldwells defense is worse than northern Illinois', if anyone saw that game Friday night. That means it's really bad.
Crossbones Wrote:Your really sensitive aren't you? :Sad04: And I know you are a Southwestern fan. If you don't want it debated, then don't put everything out on a board made for debate. You have made under 80 post on this board and 99% of them has been negative toward some other poster. I made a decent remark toward your ranking and even said it looked ok, just pointed out the obvious and you get all sensitive over it. :eyeroll::popcorn:

I appreciate your decent remark. Maybe I did come across sensitve, if so I am sorry. Let me quicky explain something and dont want to highjack a thread. If a former group of coaches stood on the Belfry sidelines and did what these guys did, the good people of Belfry would have whipped them. No place for what occurred there. And I will always take up for our kids. Great run by you guys this year and a great win to beat Wayne. Good luck next year.
strawberryshakeman Wrote:Nothing to debate other than your reading comprehension. Your clueless to believe Mayfield would beat any of the other state champs or runners up in classes 2a through 6a. Small fish in the big pond gets eaten.

You are the one who needs to read the post closer. I said 2A through 5A with the exception being 4A.
Lilly Wrote:I appreciate your decent remark. Maybe I did come across sensitve, if so I am sorry. Let me quicky explain something and dont want to highjack a thread. If a former group of coaches stood on the Belfry sidelines and did what these guys did, the good people of Belfry would have whipped them. No place for what occurred there. And I will always take up for our kids. Great run by you guys this year and a great win to beat Wayne. Good luck next year.

Good post! I really don't know what was going on down there and if jerks where standing on sidelines and doing that crap. Then you all don't need them as fans. Wish Southwestern the best. I really do.:Thumbs:
williamsburg fans are happy at the 12 spot Confusedmoke:
WideRight05 Wrote:You are the one who needs to read the post closer. I said 2A through 5A with the exception being 4A.

So!! You are saying Mayfield could win 1A, 2A, 3A, and 5A but can't beat Highlands, who did not even win their class, but can beat Collins? :biglmao: I state facts!!:biglmao:
Belfry not on The same level as Mayfield, Highlands or Collins IMO......
WideRight05 Wrote:Given some of the people that have become moderators on here, nothing would be impossible. I'm sure many times people had a hard time envisioning you as a mod before you actually became one. Confusednicker:

I actually thought about using a Kentucky analogy with that my previous post. Yes, Highlands was the best team in 4A this year. Kentucky won the national title in 1998 as a 2 seed with a team that was not as talented as the 96 and the 97 teams. Duke, UNC, and even Utah were more talented that season, Duke being the best team in the country. I don't even like Duke, but I still believe that the loaded teams Coach K had in 1998 and 1999 were the two best teams he had during his time at Duke. However, neither came away with a title. Just like with Collins, they were not to best team. However, like the 1998 Kentucky Wildcats, Collins found a way to win.

No way Belfry beats Cov Cath. If you think Cov Cath is more of a finesse team, you are wrong. They are physical up front and can wear you down with the run. In fact, I think they are a better running team than a passing team. Not to mention, Belfry's weak point on defense all year has been the pass. So, I'm quite confident that Cov Cath would eat Belfry for lunch.

Rule 1. Don't threaten or personally attack another person on this site.

I guess since some people think I am a mod, I should remind you of this rule. No need to call me such hurtful names.

As to the topic of your post, Mayfield may not have the team they had last year but they still are the best team in the first five classes except 4A. There is no shame in losing to Mayfield. They are a small school but a very, very good one at that.

Having the most talent and being the best team are two different things. My point about Belfry is that they defend the Spread running game much better than JC and there pass D was better than what you give them credit for. Plus Belfry would have been attacking Cov Cath on the edge with the triple option while JC was playing macho ball trying to run that Belly right at COV Cath's big linemen. I am interested in hearing your breakdown of the HHS game vs Collins, what did Collins do to score all those points?
adopted purple Wrote:You have to admit that for the best Highlands team ever, they didn't do so well. My condolences.

Thank you for the condolences.

I will admit that when folks around town (and on message boards) were saying this Highlands team was going to be the best ever, I was really shaking my head in disagreement (Dale of course was saying it was the best Highlands team ever, but he says that every year). I of course was hoping I was wrong but as the season progressed, I realized I was right. It was a nice Highlands team but it had it's weaknesses. I'm way too close to some of the players and their parents to discuss those weaknesses, but they were apparent if you were willing to watch this team with an open mind.

In my opinion, some parents and fans got too carried away with the success of the senior class as frosh. A stud running back and big O line makes for a dominant frosh team. It takes much more than that to be a dominant varsity team. Sometimes a big O line becomes a liability for a varsity team.
1. Bowling Green
2. Scott Co.
3. Highlands
4. DeSales
5. Meade Co.
6. Collins
7. Pulaski Co.
8. Belfry
9. Wayne Co.
10. NCC
11. Mayfield
12. Williamsburg
honestjchsfan Wrote:Having the most talent and being the best team are two different things. My point about Belfry is that they defend the Spread running game much better than JC and there pass D was better than what you give them credit for. Plus Belfry would have been attacking Cov Cath on the edge with the triple option while JC was playing macho ball trying to run that Belly right at COV Cath's big linemen. I am interested in hearing your breakdown of the HHS game vs Collins, what did Collins do to score all those points?

He won't break the game down, he won't even talk about Dale leaving. He still wants to ride on the coat tails of past Highlands teams. The ship is sinking!! I state facts!!:biggrin:
Lilly Wrote:If a former group of coaches stood on the Belfry sidelines and did what these guys did, the good people of Belfry would have whipped them. No place for what occurred there. And I will always take up for our kids.

I'm a little confused. What exactly are we talking about here?

Are you saying a former group of Southwestern coaches stood on the Southwestern sidelines and did something detrimental towards the team?

Was this during the Belfry/SW game?
Buc-a-roo Wrote:I'm a little confused. What exactly are we talking about here?

Are you saying a former group of Southwestern coaches stood on the Southwestern sidelines and did something detrimental towards the team?

Was this during the Belfry/SW game?

X2. I'm confused too
RoShamBo Wrote:1. Bowling Green
2. Scott Co.
3. Highlands
4. DeSales
5. Meade Co.
6. Collins
7. Pulaski Co.
8. Belfry
9. Wayne Co.
10. NCC
11. Mayfield
12. Williamsburg

I like your rankings, but I would switch Pulaski and Desales.
WideRight05 Wrote:You are the one who needs to read the post closer. I said 2A through 5A with the exception being 4A.

You seem to be forgetting that Bowling Green is 5A
Newjacket Wrote:You seem to be forgetting that Bowling Green is 5A

He thinks Highlands is better than Bowling Green!!!:biglmao:
pigskin1987 Wrote:I just dont see that Pulaski should be ranked above wayne, i feel both Belfry and Wayne are better than Pulaski
Great year for Wayne but they are a notch below Pulaski in talen at the skilled positions.
Bowling Green
Scott County
Collins
Highlands
Meade County
Pulaski County
Belfry
Wayne County
DeSales
Mayfield
NCC
Williamsburg

I don't see how some rankings on here split up Belfry and Wayne. If they're not touching each other in your rankings, something is wrong. Both very good teams.
Wildcat18 Wrote:Bowling Green
Scott County
Collins
Highlands
Meade County
Pulaski County
Belfry
Wayne County
DeSales
Mayfield
NCC
Williamsburg

I don't see how some rankings on here split up Belfry and Wayne. If they're not touching each other in your rankings, something is wrong. Both very good teams.

This looks right
Crossbones Wrote:He won't break the game down, he won't even talk about Dale leaving. He still wants to ride on the coat tails of past Highlands teams. The ship is sinking!! I state facts!!:biggrin:

He won't even reply back. He has lost his trolling mojo!!! When Highlands went down his leverage went with it. I state facts!! Can't resist. :biggrin:
Newjacket Wrote:This looks right

The only switches that I may have considered are Pulaski/Meade and DeSales/Mayfield. I believe the others are pretty well set in stone in my opinion.
Woody Hayes Wrote:Great year for Wayne but they are a notch below Pulaski in talen at the skilled positions.

Hard for me to agree with better talent at receivers and Pulaski is no where near the level of physicality that the Cards bring to the table, its a great PC team though just young
WideRight05 Wrote:Given some of the people that have become moderators on here, nothing would be impossible. I'm sure many times people had a hard time envisioning you as a mod before you actually became one. Confusednicker:

I actually thought about using a Kentucky analogy with that my previous post. Yes, Highlands was the best team in 4A this year. Kentucky won the national title in 1998 as a 2 seed with a team that was not as talented as the 96 and the 97 teams. Duke, UNC, and even Utah were more talented that season, Duke being the best team in the country. I don't even like Duke, but I still believe that the loaded teams Coach K had in 1998 and 1999 were the two best teams he had during his time at Duke. However, neither came away with a title. Just like with Collins, they were not to best team. However, like the 1998 Kentucky Wildcats, Collins found a way to win.

No way Belfry beats Cov Cath. If you think Cov Cath is more of a finesse team, you are wrong. They are physical up front and can wear you down with the run. In fact, I think they are a better running team than a passing team. Not to mention, Belfry's weak point on defense all year has been the pass. So, I'm quite confident that Cov Cath would eat Belfry for lunch.

Rule 1. Don't threaten or personally attack another person on this site.

I guess since some people think I am a mod, I should remind you of this rule. No need to call me such hurtful names.

As to the topic of your post, Mayfield may not have the team they had last year but they still are the best team in the first five classes except 4A. There is no shame in losing to Mayfield. They are a small school but a very, very good one at that.
You were quite confident that Highlands would put a running clock on Collins to. Confusednicker: I state facts!Confusednicker: Do you want everybody to be politically correct and look threw those blue tinted glasses of yours or do you want to hear the facts?
pigskin1987 Wrote:Hard for me to agree with better talent at receivers and Pulaski is no where near the level of physicality that the Cards bring to the table, its a great PC team though just young

I was pulling for Wayne to win 3A all year. However with that said, Wayne's receivers couldn't catch a cold against Belfry. The number of dropped balls was a huge factor, if not the primary factor in why Wayne lost the title. Your QB was putting the balls right on the money for most of the game considering the weather circumstances.
NKYfootballfan91 Wrote:Yeah, that's my bad. Saw the red name and thought that it meant mod. I see it says mod under your name. Red lets you know they are a troll. Figured he was a mayfield fan the way he was stroking their egos. Makes sense now, red is the color of his arse cause it's raw right now after the loss to Collins. I get it now.

I'm going to agree with shakeman on his assessment of mayfield.

Only took you a few days to figure that out. :Clap: :Clap: :Clap:

Crossbones Wrote:So!! You are saying Mayfield could win 1A, 2A, 3A, and 5A but can't beat Highlands, who did not even win their class, but can beat Collins? :biglmao: I state facts!!:biglmao:

Collins won one game. If they played 100 times, 99 of the games would have a result similar to the 2012 final.

honestjchsfan Wrote:Having the most talent and being the best team are two different things. My point about Belfry is that they defend the Spread running game much better than JC and there pass D was better than what you give them credit for. Plus Belfry would have been attacking Cov Cath on the edge with the triple option while JC was playing macho ball trying to run that Belly right at COV Cath's big linemen. I am interested in hearing your breakdown of the HHS game vs Collins, what did Collins do to score all those points?

I have seen JC play in the playoffs, and they are anything but a team that plays "macho ball." They run the ball a lot, yes, but they run it out of anything from wishbone to shotgun. Belfry would not be able to stop Highlands' passing game. They would have to be ready to cover the deep ball on every play. They are not capable of defending that against a team like Highlands.

Now, if you want my breakdown, it's plain and simple. Teams that have done well against Highlands the past few years have been able to run the ball up the middle. Take Johnson Central and Ashland Blazer, for example. Heck, last year Ashland Blazer kept up for a half by sending their fullback up the middle out of an I formation with three tight ends. Collins was able to utilize that and also had a solid passing game to compliment it.

Remember that Highlands outgained Collins 480 to 458 on the game, with Drew throwing for 367 yards. Collins, to their credit, made the little plays that it takes for a huge underdog to stay in the game and win it in the end. Highlands is 40+ points better, but Collins made it enough of a game to steal it in the end.

Crossbones Wrote:He thinks Highlands is better than Bowling Green!!!:biglmao:

Because we are.

Crossbones Wrote:He won't even reply back. He has lost his trolling mojo!!! When Highlands went down his leverage went with it. I state facts!! Can't resist. :biggrin:

I have a job, haha. Maybe if I had that Belfry edumication I might have enough time to make detailed posts on here all day. Confusednicker:

Crossbones Wrote:You were quite confident that Highlands would put a running clock on Collins to. Confusednicker: I state facts!Confusednicker: Do you want everybody to be politically correct and look threw those blue tinted glasses of yours or do you want to hear the facts?

I know the facts. Highlands didn't play well, because of that Highlands got beat. Highlands still has won 6 of the last 7 titles and came 3 points away from winning this one. A lot better than being 3 points away from becoming the Buffalo Bills and losing your fourth straight title game in a row! Confusednicker:
I'd be very surprised if Highlands moves to 3A unless they want to travel all over the place for district games, no 3A teams close. On the other hand, it would give them a chance for a 3A run because they won't have the talent to compete in 4A. Since realignment is not until 15 they'll probably test the waters in 4A, then bolt if they are getting their butts kicked. Either way it doesn't matter, the run is over.
charlie22 Wrote:Thank you for the condolences.

I will admit that when folks around town (and on message boards) were saying this Highlands team was going to be the best ever, I was really shaking my head in disagreement (Dale of course was saying it was the best Highlands team ever, but he says that every year). I of course was hoping I was wrong but as the season progressed, I realized I was right. It was a nice Highlands team but it had it's weaknesses. I'm way too close to some of the players and their parents to discuss those weaknesses, but they were apparent if you were willing to watch this team with an open mind.

In my opinion, some parents and fans got too carried away with the success of the senior class as frosh. A stud running back and big O line makes for a dominant frosh team. It takes much more than that to be a dominant varsity team. Sometimes a big O line becomes a liability for a varsity team.

I appreciate the honest answer. I have to admit that I just posted that as a dig to WideRight. He and I like to take shots at each other every now and then. I'm no match for him. He's a pro. I figured Highlands was not the best Highlands team ever pretty early this seasons. Let's face it, there have been some super good Highlands teams in the past. I kinda like Mueller saying that. I bet it got his team and fans fired up. I'm sure they won't skip a beat with a new coach. Best of luck next year.
WideRight05 Wrote:Nobody really stands out in 2A. I don't like NCC, but they have a heck of a coach. He put them in the right position to make the needed plays to get there.

What about it is a joke? Mayfield is loaded. They have been very, very good for the past couple of years. People criticize me for picking at WKY, but Mayfield has proven time and time again that they are legit.

You're seriously saying DeSales and NCC would beat Highlands? Wow.

Bowling Green won 28-12 in 1995 against an 11-4 Highlands team that greatly overachieved, defeating a Tim Couch led Leslie County team in the state semifinal. Highlands shouldn't have even been in the state finals that year and still had a chance to potentially win that game. Since 1995 BG has been to the finals six times, three of them coming in a Highlands-free 5A division. Between 1996 and 2010, BG appeared in the finals three times, getting blown out all three years. Say what you want about BG not having played Highlands during that time span, but most of the time Highlands would end up crushing an opponent sent from the west that defeated BG at some point during the playoffs. Thus, it wouldn't have been much of a game had the two schools played.

I don't think anyone on here is saying Bowling Green was the best team in those years you're talking about. Nor is anyone saying they have the best tradition and history, simply that they were the best Ky had to offer this year. You could make an argument for Scott Co, Highlands, Male, but, at least do it based on 2013, not 5-10-15 years ago. None of those kids had anything to do with those years.
If Williamsburg had beaten Mayfield 43-42 I would have rank Williamsburg #1 no argument with me we Wiil take the 12 spot have no other choice Confusednicker:
There is no way a thread like this should even start. This is because anyone can get on here and put their own reasoning for why a team should or should not be ranked at a certain spot. Then if you disagree with that persons thoughts you are gonna hear how crazy you are. Why don't we just stick to the known.

Mayfield is #1 in 1a
DeSales is #1 in 2a.
Belfry is #1 in 3a.
Collins is #1 in 4a
Bowling Green is #1 in 5a
Scott Co is #1 in 6a

This much we have tangible proof of.