Poll: Who wins the Class 5A Title game
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Pulaski County
36.17%
Bowling Green
63.83%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bowling Green vs Pulaski County 5A Title
The Bowling Green team is a very experienced team. They returned everyone but 2 on offense and lost a couple on defense from last year. This team has been to state before and knows how to handle it and wont have the jitters of playing in a state championship. Also they will be playing in BG so it will be a home game for them. I expect a great turn out from purple nation on Saturday. Pulaski co will probably be able to hang with bg until the second half and then bg's depth and experience will come into play. BG 42 PC 17
Woody Hayes Wrote:Jim Rome dont forget Franklin Co. and North Laurel is no slouch. Apparently those West teams dont know what its like to have to go steal a win in places like Harlan Co

Our guys were able to steal a win at McCallie Tn. and St. X. this year. They have beaten St. X. three years in a row. I think those are comparable to Harlan County. Not nearly as tough as Harlan County, but where is? I know it makes you feel better to talk smack about the west teams, but that doesn't change the facts. No team from the East has won the title, since Highlands moved to 4A. Good luck trying to change that.
hoss403 Wrote:I will not get into an argement with you on who is better because it's not worth my time. I saw PC beat North Hardin 57-35 earlier this year. North Hardin is quite possbily the worst 5A team on the western side of Kentucky and needless to say, it they played you that close, you probably would have had a first round exit on this side. But, count yourself lucky, you are on the weak side of Kentucky so now you get to get your rear end handed to you on Saturday. I look forward to hearing from you after this Saturday night's game. Hope you show up on here.

That score is quite misleading because North Hardin scored 3 of the TDs against Pulaski's backups.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
This is the first game of the season that Pulaski can truly be considered the underdog. Although, if you look back through all of the prediction threads you would think Pulaski has been the underdog in almost every game this season! Every week, it was the same story and same outcome! "Pulaski hasn't played anybody, we'll beat them." Well, you can see how many times that held true!

Now, I'm not going to sit here and say that Pulaski is guaranteed to win but, they definitely have a chance and that's all you need. You can call me crazy and I will be willing to eat as much crow as you can dish out but, I just can't see this game being a blowout in any shape, form, or fashion! I truly believe that this will be a close game throughout. This is very special group of young men and they're in the first year of what is going to be a very special run for the next 4-5 years counting this season.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Pulaski has a huge game in front of them, and I'm not sure they can pull this one out, BUT I'm sure pulling for you guys. Good luck LeeCoUKFan and the Maroons!! By the way, it would drive me nuts trying to make signs for this game..think about it. One completely maroon sign and one completely purple sign.......

mysonis55 Wrote:Granny Bear, did that hurt? It sounded like it hurt.

I couldn't tell what was supposed to hurt mysonis55...care to explain???

Woody Hayes Wrote:Jim Rome dont forget Franklin Co. and North Laurel is no slouch. Apparently those West teams dont know what its like to have to go steal a win in places like Harlan Co

I would dearly love for you to expand on this comment, and tell me, how many wins have you stolen in Harlan County????

64SUR Wrote::thanks: mysonis55 I am true East 100% :Cheerlead

You go 64SUR!!!! You are a true East 100% fan!!!! Best of luck in the tournament!
Granny Bear....you misunderstood my comments. I never said that we stole one there. I was merely making a point to the western side of how hard it is to try and go into Harlan County and come out with a victory. Everyone started on this thread of how dominant the western side is and that Pulaski would have no chance and posting ridiculous predictions of a 40 or 50 pt win for BG and disrespecting eastern ky football. Sounds like they are taking us for granted and that would be a huge mistake. The past is the past. Ultimate respect for Harlan Co and eastern ky football granny bear!!!
You are correct Woody Hayes, I DID misunderstand your comment. Thank you for your explanation!
Woody Hayes Wrote:Granny Bear....you misunderstood my comments. I never said that we stole one there. I was merely making a point to the western side of how hard it is to try and go into Harlan County and come out with a victory. Everyone started on this thread of how dominant the western side is and that Pulaski would have no chance and posting ridiculous predictions of a 40 or 50 pt win for BG and disrespecting eastern ky football. Sounds like they are taking us for granted and that would be a huge mistake. The past is the past. Ultimate respect for Harlan Co and eastern ky football granny bear!!!

Way to crawl out of that one Woody. Confusednicker:

You knew you was getting ready to get the cane of pain. Confusednicker:
Sounds like someone heard the crack of the whip.
THE CANE OF PAIN

[Image: http://i1344.photobucket.com/albums/p658...20a7a6.jpg]

Confusednicker:
She meant business.
Mysonis55. Wow. Get a clue. Its obvious what I meant in my post. Nice try though.
Woody Hayes Wrote:Mysonis55. Wow. Get a clue. Its obvious what I meant in my post. Nice try though.

I knew what you meant WH. Some people just look to stir stuff up.
Western usually has 3 dominant teams than the East but the East has a bunch more teams that are really good.
Bowling Green by two touchdowns.
Gummie Bear Wrote:I knew what you meant WH. Some people just look to stir stuff up.
Western usually has 3 dominant teams than the East but the East has a bunch more teams that are really good.

I won't argue this because you are probably right. However, according WH, the East is loaded this year and JH would be the 3rd best team in PC's district. This guy has lost all credibility on this board. Being a homer is one thing, but most of us are realists who have a clue. Just saying.
Madison Southern and Mr. Harris could play with anybody. They are in Pulaski's district. You could be real good and be the third best team in that district.
E's Army Wrote:Madison Southern and Mr. Harris could play with anybody. They are in Pulaski's district. You could be real good and be the third best team in that district.

Sure they could. They could definitely compete with BG and just like PC probably beat them right?
This thread sounds like BG is some kind of Dynasty. You'd think PC was going against an NFL team. While I'm not that familiar with the BG jr and sr class, I don't believe that Pulaski County has lost to Bowling Green from the Sophomore class down through middle school. I realize that is irrelevant in the upcoming game on Sat. as obviously BG plays upperclassman. The Maroons are seeing it as a privilege to have the opportunity to play in a championship game because they know on any given night in any sport he team that appears best on paper doesn't always come out on top. The game on Sat could have just as easily been Anderson/John Hardin. Good luck to both teams on an injury free game.
hoss403.... Go back and check. I said 3rd best in region not district. Its ok for the west to brag and defend their teams but when the east side does it they lose their credibility with you? Truth is BG and JH are 2 great teams but we feel we have some good football teams around here who can give them a run for their money.
E's Army Wrote:Madison Southern and Mr. Harris could play with anybody. They are in Pulaski's district. You could be real good and be the third best team in that district.

How do we know? This is the same Madison Southern team that beat only 2 teams with winning records, right? (And one of those was in the playoffs vs. Harlan County)

No doubt Harris is a great talent but that's not meaning you could be play with anybody.

For the record, John Hardin didn't play a great schedule but they had a big win over Meade County which is something I don't see Madison Southern or Harlan County boasting on their resume.
Woody Hayes Wrote:hoss403.... Go back and check. I said 3rd best in region not district. Its ok for the west to brag and defend their teams but when the east side does it they lose their credibility with you? Truth is BG and JH are 2 great teams but we feel we have some good football teams around here who can give them a run for their money.

But who are the teams you put ahead of Bowling Green or John Hardin in your region? Pulaski is obviously one. Who are the other two?
Put this in perspective if you will. Bowling Green has the #1 scoring offense in 5A. BG has the #1 scoring defense in 5A. BG played the toughest schedule in 5A. Sooooo........PC must be better, right?
This just in .. Pulaski has canceled its trip to the state championship game. No sense in even showing up.
We all know BG is a great team with a long winning streak and state titles. All this talk about Pulaski not being worthy is nonsense! Pulaski has earned the right to play in this game! Win or lose the Maroons will represent the county with pride and class! To all the JH fans saying if they were in the east they would be in this game, what would it matter? JH still can't beat BG. Proud of this bunch of Maroons!
In the end this is the last game of a tournament. As we see in the NFL all the time the best team doesn't win every tournament.
Forever Maroon Wrote:This just in .. Pulaski has canceled its trip to the state championship game. No sense in even showing up.
We all know BG is a great team with a long winning streak and state titles. All this talk about Pulaski not being worthy is nonsense! Pulaski has earned the right to play in this game! Win or lose the Maroons will represent the county with pride and class! To all the JH fans saying if they were in the east they would be in this game, what would it matter? JH still can't beat BG. Proud of this bunch of Maroons!

I'm not sure that's what everybody is saying.

I think the real extremism is from certain fans of the Pulaski area that somehow don't acknowledge that BG is the heavy favorite based legitimately on what they have accomplished this season in some very Big games against some of the better teams in the state and in TN.

It doesn't mean Pulaski can't pull the upset. It only takes one game, not a series. This might be that game that the Maroons find themselves shocking the state and winning the state.

Like any state final, I just want to see the best team win it all.
Except in this case, the 2 best teams in 5a are playing for the state championship.
If winning a state championship makes people as arrogant as BG fans I really don't want to win one. I'm telling you BG fans this is going to be a ballgame. I'm not confident enough to say PC will win but if the best you got is what we seen in the JH game PC can beat you. I don't care how many games in row you have won but I'd be willing to bet 99% of the teams you have beat during your streak were beat before they stepped onto the field, this PC team won't be. Nice win against Logan County by the way.
Nobody from Pulaski is taking one thing away from Bowling Green. IThey are a great team and deserving of the position they have. The problem from the PC side is with a few arrogant JH fans stating Pulaski is not worthy to be in this game.
Pulaski will make the trip and play the game. Win or lose we will still be proud of this team.
Eastern Kentucky has the best fans on the planet. I love that they are so faithful. Heck, I'm one of them. I've been on the Williamsburg/Belfry bandwagon all year long. I'm not saying that Pulaski County doesn't have a chance to win this game. They are a good team and have excelled all year. The problem is that everything is stacked against them. BG has twice as many players on the roster. Depth is always a factor. Team speed favors BG. They have almost as many seniors as Pulaski County has on their entire roster. BG has played a much tougher schedule. You don't beat Lexington Catholic, St X. Graves County, McCallie Tn. Warren Central, John Hardin, and Blackman Tn. by being lucky. This is basically a home game for the Purples. Plus, they have a 43 game win streak. It's hard for BG fans to not sound like they are bragging. Pulaski County will get theirs, but I just don't think it will be this year. So, excuse me if I come off cocky, I'm just an Eastern Kentucky fan rooting for a Western Kentucky team.
Forever Maroon Wrote:Except in this case, the 2 best teams in 5a are playing for the state championship.

You mean the best team from 5A West is playing against the best team from 5A East because the 2 best teams in 5A played last Friday in Bowling Green.