Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IF, Johnson Central and Highlands?
Paula Dean Wrote:Tomcat,

I do appreciate the thoughtfulness and kindness of your support, but you are losing a battle with your NKY counterparts. I guess they've simply just kept their heads up their rear for so long that they forgot to tell us that:

-NKY invented football
-the sun rises and sets on CovCath and Highlands' footbal fields
-They all walk on water
-The Pope bows and kisses Dale's rings

I think that about covers it. It is one thing to win, but to win with class is something that they have yet to learn. JC does own a winning record against CovCath, winning 3 of the last 4 meetings, but have yet to tackle the elusive Bluebirds. All things aside, Highlands is the prototypical high school program that many try to imitate and only a select few can duplicate. JC, if they are fortunate enough to have the chance to play FTH, they would see this DAUNTING challenge as an honor to compete at the highest level against the proven best for the past 6 years. Best of luck to all teams this post season, only few will reach the pinnacle but all should be congratulated on their accomplishments thus far.
Very well said.
Bob Seger Wrote:Dig at us boys?........haha, I'm the only one who is supposed to have fun with that.

Come on now Harry, you being a lawyer, should understand the copyright laws.:biggrin:

But I will agree with you on one thing, that ONE time that ASH Land did beat us was a huge embarrassment...lol

Oh come on now bob were playing on the same team now lol. But seriously I do hope the eagles serve some of these blue bird fans some humble eastern ky pie. Class program class coach and class kids and mostly wonderful fans. But the ones that are arrogant sure do take the cake.
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:Oh come on now bob were playing on the same team now lol. But seriously I do hope the eagles serve some of these blue bird fans some humble eastern ky pie. Class program class coach and class kids and mostly wonderful fans. But the ones that are arrogant sure do take the cake.

Now, we should all admit that tomcatfan722000 is a good loser. It is only proper that he should now be rooting for the team that beat his team. But, by doing so, it appears that he knows that his team won't be around long. He seems to be surrendering Ashland to either Holmes or Fort Thomas.

Still, he is a realistic fan whose posts are honest. Good for him.
Bob Seger Wrote:Dig at us boys?........haha, I'm the only one who is supposed to have fun with that.

Come on now Harry, you being a lawyer, should understand the copyright laws.:biggrin:

But I will agree with you on one thing, that ONE time that ASH Land did beat us was a huge embarrassment...lol

Since Bob Seger is a great proponent of the tongue in cheek dig, I think he understands that all this is just for fun. If Johnson Central beats both CovCath and Fort Thomas, you can be sure I will be a fan of the black and gold. Shoot, I was born fairly close to Johnson County and have a lot of respect for the people of that area- particularly the Republicans. That even includes a goodly number of members of the bar in that area. My "interests" relocated some time ago to Campbell County so I have to act accordingly. Actually, my first loyalty is to NDA but the Pandas don't play football. Thus, I support some of the locals- Fort Thomas, CovCath, NewCath, and Beechwood along with Summit Country Day in Cincinnati. You must admit that I "adopted" the best.
Boy I love all you couch potato QB's It's so funny reading you guys. You know what would be funnier is Ashland and JC playing again.
Bob Seger Wrote:Haha, and you're trying to talk logic to a guy that even the Highlands fans think is a dingaling...

Learned it's better to turn the other cheek than to argue with a fool. You've taken too much abuse from me over the years. I wish JC the best.......not.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:Since Bob Seger is a great proponent of the tongue in cheek dig, I think he understands that all this is just for fun. If Johnson Central beats both CovCath and Fort Thomas, you can be sure I will be a fan of the black and gold. Shoot, I was born fairly close to Johnson County and have a lot of respect for the people of that area- particularly the Republicans. That even includes a goodly number of members of the bar in that area. My "interests" relocated some time ago to Campbell County so I have to act accordingly. Actually, my first loyalty is to NDA but the Pandas don't play football. Thus, I support some of the locals- Fort Thomas, CovCath, NewCath, and Beechwood along with Summit Country Day in Cincinnati. You must admit that I "adopted" the best.
But have they taken you into the fold? Ole wacky n tacky claims to be a native son too, but even a momma "bluebird" will kick the sick out of the nest. Haha

Republicans close to Johnson Co? Where in the world did you run across one of those? Gee, I thought we were an "island in a sea" here.

At least your not all bad Harrison.
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:Learned it's better to turn the other cheek than to argue with a fool. You've taken too much abuse from me over the years. I wish JC the best.......not.

Me taken too much abuse from you over the years? That deserves a great big LOL on that. Evidently you're been messin with more of that "wacky" stuff again. Confusednicker:
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:Oh come on now bob were playing on the same team now lol. But seriously I do hope the eagles serve some of these blue bird fans some humble eastern ky pie. Class program class coach and class kids and mostly wonderful fans. But the ones that are arrogant sure do take the cake.
For an ASH Land fan you're alright tcf720000000000000.
maximus73 Wrote:Boy I love all you couch potato QB's It's so funny reading you guys. You know what would be funnier is Ashland and JC playing again.

I don't know how funny it would be but I'll bet KHSAA would have to initiate a full scale investigation. It would similar to Kentucky beating Alabama at Tuscaloosa. Very suspicious.
Bob Seger Wrote:But have they taken you into the fold? Ole wacky n tacky claims to be a native son too, but even a momma "bluebird" will kick the sick out of the nest. Haha

Republicans close to Johnson Co? Where in the world did you run across one of those? Gee, I thought we were an "island in a sea" here.

At least your not all bad Harrison.

There are a goodly number of Republicans in Martin County and Lawrence County. There are a lot of Democrats who vote Republican in Boyd County. Now, Floyd County is another story.
It has been funny after last weeks game how there is so much talk about Highlands having so many injuries and if they are going to be better come playoff time. There is even a rumor that Drew (QB) had shoulder surgery. Highlands is fine, the boys who were a little banged up took a week off in a meaningless game and if needed can take this week off too. If needed I know for a fact that some of the boys could have played last week, but why if they can rest for the important games. Drew had a MRI and everything is fine, just a bruise and sore. He rested last week and could rest next two weeks if needed. Best D player banged up his elbow but is also fine and just rested. I do not know about the DB's but would be very surprised if not back by next week. Hope was back on D last week after taking some time off and played very good. The way the playoffs are set up HHS basically has 3 weeks for banged up players to rest and be back at full strength when it all counts. A lot of wishful thinking by HHS haters if they think the D that played last week is what they will see in the playoffs, and the O is playing crazy good right now. All is well in Ft Thomas!
If Wagner's back for CCH, JC better start worrying about them before Highlands.....and they can stop the run too.:Thumbs:
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:If Wagner's back for CCH, JC better start worrying about them before Highlands.....and they can stop the run too.:Thumbs:

Jchs offensive run game is a machine. They will get theirs.
Diogenes Wrote:I think Cov Cath's greatest home field advantage is...playing on Saturday afternoons. Who still even DOES that in the 21sr century?

Highlands played at Louisville Eastern on a Saturday in 2010. Not sure if they had lights or not.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Cannon Still Roars.....
I actually believe people about the warren game. The ones highlands fans don't want to talk about are John Hardin and tilghman. I have yet to hear why those scores were closer than most have thought.
it will take more than a run game to beat Highlands.
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:I actually believe people about the warren game. The ones highlands fans don't want to talk about are John Hardin and tilghman. I have yet to hear why those scores were closer than most have thought.

Not many fans made it to those games, thus why so little talk.
One week at a time folks.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:There are a goodly number of Republicans in Martin County and Lawrence County. There are a lot of Democrats who vote Republican in Boyd County. Now, Floyd County is another story.

Ok, I'll concede to you about Martin Co., and maybe a few in Lawrence, but you are 100% spot on about Floyd, and Magoffin is just about as bad as Floyd. I was btw, being a little sarcastic.
Can you dig it? Wrote:Highlands played at Louisville Eastern on a Saturday in 2010. Not sure if they had lights or not.

If I was guessing they have lights, maybe not, but they have a really nice baseball field, so I would assume that they do by the looks of their other facilities.
Cov Catholic is a very good football team this year but if they haven't improved from the Beechwood game then Central rolls.
sstack Wrote:Not many fans made it to those games, thus why so little talk.

I was at both games. Nothing that I saw in those two games is overly concerning to me IF we can get and stay healthy for the playoffs.

While the 2 platoon system has many, many benefits, it does create a problem. Because kids only practice and play on one side of the ball, when a starter gets hurt, his backup often times is not the best player on the team to play that position. For example: we have several WRS who would be excellent cornerbacks and could be great back ups when a starting corner got hurt. Unfortunately, because of the 2 platoon system, those WRs only practice with the offense. As a result, the back up corners who have played a lot lately are a step down, maybe a big step down, from who would be out there if we didn't 2 platoon. Heck, the back up RB, Hayes, would be an outstanding corner. But because he only practices and plays O, he's not available to fill in when Bardo or Abner don't play due to injuries.

And I think Dale and Brian see that. Hence, a great emphasis placed on trying to keep starters healthy, or get them healthy if they are injured, throughout the regular season. In every "close game" this year (with the exception of Elder) there have been starters held out, that while injured, could have played if they had to. That was definitely the case when we played JH and PT
It's just much more important to Dale and Brian to be healthy deep in the playoffs than worrying about what some sports site posters think about a regular season win not being by a big enough margin.

The Birds will need to be at full strength to beat what appears to be a very good JC team from every thing I've read on here. Winning that game is much more important than beating WC or PT or JH by a margin that satisfies some of the more critical posters on here and BGP.
I am a Johnson central fan from williamsburg from 64sur :rockon: