Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central @ Ironton, OH 10/4
Central should roll in this one, Irontons backfield is pretty young so they're a little inexperienced but Tank Stadium always seems to have an effect on visiting teams. I think JC wins by 20, two TDs and two long FGs. Tank calls a few long runs back but the machine that is Central keeps on rolling. I'll say 34-14.
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:One thing I respect about ironton. They won't duck anyone if JC wants to keep playing ironton will make it happen

I hope JC and Ironton continue playing for many years.
Can Johnson Central compete against team's like John Hardin or Boyle County. I would like to see if they could. What about Bowling Green. Instead of playing team's that talent are about middle school or JV .
maximus73 Wrote:I hope JC and Ironton continue playing for many years.

Without a doubt, some of the best match ups around here are:

Ashland v Ironton
Johnson Central v Belfry
Ashland v Johnson Central
Fairview v Raceland
Ashland v Russell (Although not very competitive until this past meeting)
Johnson Central v Ironton has potential to be a great math up for years. Once Ironton gets back up to its usual standards.
Im also very sad Ashland and Belfry don't play anymore, those were always very very physical games. Plus Putnam, Tank, The Nest and CAM re great venues to play a game.
podunker Wrote:Can Johnson Central compete against team's like John Hardin or Boyle County. I would like to see if they could. What about Bowling Green. Instead of playing team's that talent are about middle school or JV .

We can't help that the teams we scheduled this year aren't up to their normal standards....

If the Holy Trinity game was about week 3 or 4, this could have been a closer game.

Noblesville, IN., was a last second replacement because Sheldon Clark cancelled.

Harlan Co. was ranked in the top 5 in the state in class 5A.

Perry Central beat us in 2011 and they took us to the wire last season.

Ironton, OH. is usually one of the best programs in the southern part of Ohio... from the way everybody talks, this is one of their down seasons.

Boyd Co., Greenup Co. and Rowan Co. are district matchup's we have to play

Ashland is Ashland.

Belfry was state runner-up last year in class 3A.
Mud Creek in the house. Let's go JC.. I will be at the Ironton game Friday. Pulp Fiction. See you there buddy. Actually using my cell phone . It does okay.
Like I said Belfry will be your only true test. The rest of the teams you mentioned above are not that good at all. Harlan County should be playing in 3 A. I seen Ashland they are not that good either. All I'm saying is schedule some team's from western Kentucky or northern Kentucky and see where you stand at.
Next year.... I'm gonna petition Matney to schedule the following teams.

#1 Booker T. Washingon (Miami, FL)
#2 Allen High School (Allen, TX)
#5 Hoover (Birmingham, AL)
#9 Colerain (Cincinnati, OH)
#10 De La Salle (Concord, CA)
#12 Desoto High School (Desoto, TX)

Six of USA Today's Top 25 teams. Leaving four open dates for district games.
podunker Wrote:Mud Creek in the house. Let's go JC.. I will be at the Ironton game Friday. Pulp Fiction. See you there buddy. Actually using my cell phone . It does okay.

Actually, I'm gonna be listing to Johnson County native Chris Stapleton at his concert on game night.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Next year.... I'm gonna petition Matney to schedule the following teams.

#1 Booker T. Washingon (Miami, FL)
#2 Allen High School (Allen, TX)
#5 Hoover (Birmingham, AL)
#9 Colerain (Cincinnati, OH)
#10 De La Salle (Concord, CA)
#12 Desoto High School (Desoto, TX)

Six of USA Today's Top 25 teams. Leaving four open dates for district games.

Even if we played these teams.... some people would still complain about JC having a 'weak' schedule.
podunker Wrote:Can Johnson Central compete against team's like John Hardin or Boyle County. I would like to see if they could. What about Bowling Green. Instead of playing team's that talent are about middle school or JV .

Of the four sentences (I use that term loosely) in your post, only one was correctly constructed. Nice job!

The schedule is what it is. Personally, I don't think it is as bad as a lot of people are making it out to be. To be honest, there are not a lot of teams that would be able to compete with JC this year. Coach Matney had no control over the district slate.

Harlan was supposed to be one of the best teams in 5A and Belfry is tough as usual. It's tough to gauge the talent level of the Canadian team and the team from Indiana is not nearly as bad as Johnson Central made them look. Their QB is possibly the best JC will face this year...even in the playoffs. This is the second of a two-year contract with Perry Central so there was no control over that matchup.

What do you want JC to do?

All a team can do is play the games on their schedule to the best of their ability and hope to be prepared when the playoffs roll around.

After all, "The playoffs are coming." That is when the "athletics" play.

However, to answer your question. There is no doubt that JC can compete with the teams you mentioned. Whether or not they would win is another question altogether. The important question, and one to which I hope we learn the answer in the playoffs, is this:

Has JC closed the gap enough to compete with Highlands?

Our DBs have more speed this year. However, height remains an issue for Johnson Central in the defensive secondary. That, in my opinion, is the main factor in determining whether or not the Golden Eagles will be able to compete with the Bluebirds. Will JC be able to cover the myriad of tall receivers that Fort Thomas runs in and out of the game?

Only time will tell.
Hey. Keep in the state. How about Trinity. Bowling Green. Scott County. Collins. John Hardin.
khsgamenight Wrote:Of the four sentences (I use that term loosely) in your post, only one was correctly constructed. Nice job!

The schedule is what it is. Personally, I don't think it is as bad as a lot of people are making it out to be. To be honest, there are not a lot of teams that would be able to compete with JC this year. Coach Matney had no control over the district slate.

Harlan was supposed to be one of the best teams in 5A and Belfry is tough as usual. It's tough to gauge the talent level of the Canadian team and the team from Indiana is not nearly as bad as Johnson Central made them look. Their QB is possibly the best JC will face this year...even in the playoffs. This is the second of a two-year contract with Perry Central so there was no control over that matchup.

What do you want JC to do?

All a team can do is play the games on their schedule to the best of their ability and hope to be prepared when the playoffs roll around.

After all, "The playoffs are coming." That is when the "athletics" play.

However, to answer your question. There is no doubt that JC can compete with the teams you mentioned. Whether or not they would win is another question altogether. The important question, and one to which I hope we learn the answer in the playoffs, is this:

Has JC closed the gap enough to compete with Highlands?

Our DBs have more speed this year. However, height remains an issue for Johnson Central in the defensive secondary. That, in my opinion, is the main factor in determining whether or not the Golden Eagles will be able to compete with the Bluebirds. Will JC be able to cover the myriad of tall receivers that Fort Thomas runs in and out of the game.

Only time will tell.

The playoffs are coming......
podunker Wrote:Hey. Keep in the state. How about Trinity. Bowling Green. Scott County. Collins. John Hardin.

Johnson central and Collins wouldn't even be close. They play in a weaker 4A bracket than JC does.
podunker Wrote:Mud Creek in the house. Let's go JC.. I will be at the Ironton game Friday. Pulp Fiction. See you there buddy. Actually using my cell phone . It does okay.

If you do indeed live in Mud Creek, wouldn't that make you a South Floyd fan? Do they still even play football there?

Why are you so obsessed with JC's schedule? Obviously you only hope to see JC lose. So are you a disgruntled JC parent, a Paintsville fan who wants to see our program brought down a peg, a butthurt Sheldon Clarker...? Come out of the closet and reveal yourself.
He ain't revealing himself Diogenes, I can guarantee that. Just ignore him. Soon enough he will cross the line and they will kick his a$$ outta here. The poster is a fool and soon enough fools do foolish enough things to be dealt with. I wouldn't even respond to the poster anymore. Waste of time.
Several of the top teams in the state won't come to JC. Ask Louisville Central what can happen when you come to town.
JC is very hard to handle.
Johnson Central by 24 to 28 points easy
Tomcat fan here, but I plan on getting over to Ironton to see this game. It should be a good test for JC and I would be shocked if the Eagles didnt prevail. From what I read about Central, they have an exceptional team (even by Matney era standards) and Ironton is not Lutz-like.

For you all coming up from Paintsville, visitor seating is ok and plenty of close parking. Posted below is a pic of the visitor's section at Tanks Memorial

[Image: http://i.ytimg.com/vi/iTQFs1RNzrQ/0.jpg]
Just so everyone knows.... according the Podunker, THE PLAYOFFS ARE COMING!!!
[Image:

]
Diogenes Wrote:[Image:

]

:redboxer: They man take our lives..... But they will never take our freedom!!!! :redboxer:

And....... THE PLAYOFFS ARE COMING!
Guess our buddy Podunker hasn't woke up yet....

He must be getting some rest because he know's the playoffs are coming!
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Guess our buddy Podunker hasn't woke up yet....

He must be getting some rest because he know's the playoffs are coming!

Maybe his daddy found out about his little stunt and took a switch to his little tail....:biggrin:
I say JC in another blowout.

We all know that podunker is a bonehead. But, what I think is funny. Is the fact that people are calling him out about his identity, when they themselves hide behind their screen names. If you are gonna call him out. At least have the guts to say who you are. :Thumbs:

For example...Pulp, EP90. :Thumbs:

Hey dunker...this is Bryan Sublett. Who are you? :biggrin:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
OffTheHook Wrote:I say JC in another blowout.

We all know that podunker is a bonehead. But, what I think is funny. Is the fact that people are calling him out about his identity, when they themselves hide behind their screen names. If you are gonna call him out. At least have the guts to say who you are. :Thumbs:

For example...Pulp, EP90. :Thumbs:

Hey dunker...this is Bryan Sublett. Who are you? :biggrin:

When I read this, You could have knocked me over with a feather..... :biglmao:
Still no word from our buddy podunker.....

I hope his internet is still working.
Almost an entire school day has went by and not one word from podunker......
Johnson Central by 28
podunker Wrote:Hey. Keep in the state. How about Trinity. Bowling Green. Scott County. Collins. John Hardin.
Johnson central tried to play teams like this but the deal is they won't give u a two year deal . They want u to come play at there field but no return game . Most of the trinty bowling greens already has a full schedule for the next couple years . I do wish we could pick up lex cath Boyle county. Good team out Ohio we have probley 3 games open next year