Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cordia @ Perry Central Senior Night 2/15
Brother Cecil Wrote:I said nothing about the refs in this game was only responding to someone asking about who was in charge of appointing the officials. Facts speak for themselves. I have said on here many times that I think Brian Cook is one of the best refs in the 14th region. I was at this game thought it was pretty evenly called game. The reason Perry shot so many free throws was Knott was behind about seventeen points with about five minutes to go. They started fouling Perry just as they inbounded the ball with about five minutes to go. They wanted to put Perry on the line in hopes they missed the free throw. They did miss quite a few. Dexter is also a decent referee. Spuds has his ups and downs. IMO they are all better than refs from the 15th region. I think Perry has marked Don Hall off their list. I know Hatcher had marked him. I'm not sure about Spurlock. But he used to be one they had marked as unacceptable.

Peace be among us.

Brother Cecil.

I'm not talking about the free throws PC had. because KCc was down so they had to foul. What I'm talking about PCC goes and dont get a foul called on them until like 2:45 to go in the second period. Hard to see them going that long without a foul. I like to see these two play again on a neutral court.
jacobcody2 Wrote:I'm not talking about the free throws PC had. because KCc was down so they had to foul. What I'm talking about PCC goes and dont get a foul called on them until like 2:45 to go in the second period. Hard to see them going that long without a foul. I like to see these two play again on a neutral court.

You may get your wish. Time will tell. Perry has to worry about getting out of the district first.

Peace be among us.

Brother Cecil.
We gotta play or Hazard moves on!! Hazard will be ready and Big Al has shown in the past just because you beat him during the season dosen't mean he isn't ready for you come tournament time. If you can remember he beat cordia years ago after cordia had beat him by 20 just A few weeks prior to the regional. Can't remember his players but that was the year cordia had the best team they had ever had up on Lotts Creek, according to the lotts creekers! I think Shannon Woods may have been on that cordia team.
Hearing that coach cal could be at this game, any truth to this?
Coming to watch The 2 headed beast or just Johnson?
Two Tees on Rhodes and Perry wins 76-63. Like I said Cordia is as close as they get to RUPP ARENA. LOTTS CREEK!!!!
This thread is starting to heat up!!!
Perry by twenty
to watch Owootoah
commodorecreeker Wrote:We gotta play or Hazard moves on!! Hazard will be ready and Big Al has shown in the past just because you beat him during the season dosen't mean he isn't ready for you come tournament time. If you can remember he beat cordia years ago after cordia had beat him by 20 just A few weeks prior to the regional. Can't remember his players but that was the year cordia had the best team they had ever had up on Lotts Creek, according to the lotts creekers! I think Shannon Woods may have been on that cordia team.

That was in 1993 and cordia was the best team in the region. There were 2 things that happened , the first was that al holland put Harold Brashear in the game when Napier was down by 11 points and Brashear entered the game and scored 12 straight points. The second thing that happened was that duke kent combs took his starting five out of the game all at once and left them out for almost an entire quarter. That's the two reasons Napier ended up winning.
Hey hitter hate to disagree wit ya but ya wrong about the starting 5!!!!!
zaga_fan Wrote:Perry by twenty

PCC By Three Fiddy!!!!
Brother Cecil Wrote:I have seen both teams in person. Perry wins this one. Cordia has speed but plays out of control sometimes. Cordia will be unable to match-up inside with Perry. Perry will control the tempo and pound Cordia inside. Johnson will have several dunks. Cornett will have big game also. Too much horsepower for Cordia.

Peace be among us.

Brother Cecil.

I agree with this summary. Perry Central is the best team in the region and a top 20 team in the state. They'll win this game by 12 to 15 points.
I would probably say Coach Cal is coming to see Beverly Class Of 2016, Johnson Class Of 2014, & The Canadian Express Class Of who know's what class they are suppose to be in!!!!
this will be a good one
hitter Wrote:That was in 1993 and cordia was the best team in the region. There were 2 things that happened , the first was that al holland put Harold Brashear in the game when Napier was down by 11 points and Brashear entered the game and scored 12 straight points. The second thing that happened was that duke kent combs took his starting five out of the game all at once and left them out for almost an entire quarter. That's the two reasons Napier ended up winning.

That was the year that Cordia beat Kcc 30 in the district and KCC beat MC Napier 20 in the regional championship
How long has it been since Cordia beat Perry Central/M.C. Napier???
Curveball 24 Wrote:How long has it been since Cordia beat Perry Central/M.C. Napier???

They beat PCC the last time they played. I think it was in 2008 at Leslie co
I might be wrong but I think this game will be a very tight game. I'm curious to see how Cordia's speed matches up against Perry's size. Beverly can handle the ball well but I can almost guarantee Rhodes will play some junk defense to offset Perry & Beverly. Cordia likes to run box and one against teams with one primary ball handler. Pray and Beatty will have to step up some and I believe they will.
Owootoah drops 30+?
commodorecreeker Wrote:Hey hitter hate to disagree wit ya but ya wrong about the starting 5!!!!!

I was at the game and he took the starting five out in the second quarter. You better go back and check. I can send you the tape of the game if you would like.and yes they did beat Napier that year. They had to postpone the region for almost a week because of snow.
And to tell you what kind of coach al holland is after the Brashear boy scored those 12 straight points he didn't play the rest of the tournament. He ended up transferring to dulce combs and was one of the best snorers in the region.
hitter Wrote:And to tell you what kind of coach al holland is after the Brashear boy scored those 12 straight points he didn't play the rest of the tournament. He ended up transferring to dulce combs and was one of the best snorers in the region.

Hitter is correct. At the end of the first quarter Cordia was up like 28-4. Cordia sat their starters the entire 2nd quarter. M. C. Napier came back and won the game. The single worst coaching move Ive seen, period!!!! BTW, Dilce Combs was the best team in the region that year but got knocked off by HHS in the second round of the district.
I'm almost 100% sure the region was played on a Sunday evening at Memorial Gym due to snow.
HHS beat dilce combs that year and hazard was like 6-19 in the regular season.and ballstar is right it was played on Sunday before the state tournament started.
HHS did beat Dilce that year but Dilce was favored to win the region that year. They went into district play ranked 10th in the state. HHS also beat Cordia that year in the all A region. Cordia was good that year but not the best team in the region. Dilce, MC Napier and HHS all 3 had beat them that year. I think when MC bet them in season play at Napier there was a big fight. I'm talking a fans punching players fight.
I had a cousin who played for that Napier team. That year Napier and Dilce split I believe. According to him and the rest of my family they believed that they had the best team in 14th.
CORDIA was easily top 3, that team was the only Cordia team to ever be ranked in the top 25 of state. MC Napier did split the season with Dilce, the was the season after the All A championship. Really about 4 teams were all on the same level, Cordia just could score more than anyone else. If they're shooting well nobody could beat them. I might be wrong, it was either this Cordia team or the year after that took Painstville to triple OT who went on to win state. So Cordia had some great teams through this stretch.

I have watched film of what was suppose to of been the final game between Napier and Dilce from this year, Napier was better than Dilce and had the best player. The fight is still considered the worst fight in 14th region history between Cordia and Napier
^^^ C'mon guys this thread is not about M.C. Napier & Dilce Combs?
They ended up having another year of Napier and Dilce after this season