Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mayfield @ Beechwood 11-23-12
bac2369 Wrote:Hazard last year in that title game did 3 things that led them to the victory in the game..

1 they won the battle of the line of scrimmage
2 the defense put pressure on the QB
3 Mayfield was forced to throw the ball more, because the run game wasnt working.

Mayfield last year was primarly a run team then pass 2nd.

The year before when the qbs older brother played they was balanced,, and just like 2012 this Mayfield offense is balanced..

Our line got otplayed cause two starters were out and the run game shut down cause are work horses wrre playing hurt which caused our young qb to make mistakes.. but ur right we are balanced this year..
bac2369 Wrote:Hazard last year in that title game did 3 things that led them to the victory in the game..

3 Mayfield was forced to throw the ball more, because the run game wasnt working.

The year before when the qbs older brother played they was balanced,, and just like 2012 this Mayfield offense is balanced..

Its pretty easy to stop a running game when the running back can't run, lol.
Mayfield

Not only were we a run first team we really didnt have a solid backup for Jackson are best option at back up rb went out with a broken kneecap vs Paducah. So Jackson was only about 75 percent with the torn knee ligament he was playing on. He was able to have a decent defensive game but could not cut on offense. Hazard did control the line but we lost probably our best 2way lineman to a broken leg at the end of the BW game. Guhy who i really cant praise enough this year with 28 tds and only 1 int against a really tough schedule. last year he keyed on certain receivers and tried to force the ball into bad spots something that really came to light against BW and i believe Hazards coaches did a great job exploiting that. I also believe our corner play was really bad in that game. Our rt corner bit on every play action and he got burned repeatedly. I do think if we were healthy it would have been a down to the wire game but injuries are part of the game just like turnovers so you play with what you have. That was a well coached great Hazard team and deserving of the trophy.
rednblackattack Wrote:Not only were we a run first team we really didnt have a solid backup for Jackson are best option at back up rb went out with a broken kneecap vs Paducah. So Jackson was only about 75 percent with the torn knee ligament he was playing on. He was able to have a decent defensive game but could not cut on offense. Hazard did control the line but we lost probably our best 2way lineman to a broken leg at the end of the BW game. Guhy who i really cant praise enough this year with 28 tds and only 1 int against a really tough schedule. last year he keyed on certain receivers and tried to force the ball into bad spots something that really came to light against BW and i believe Hazards coaches did a great job exploiting that. I also believe our corner play was really bad in that game. Our rt corner bit on every play action and he got burned repeatedly. I do think if we were healthy it would have been a down to the wire game but injuries are part of the game just like turnovers so you play with what you have. That was a well coached great Hazard team and deserving of the trophy.

The game was still close but most of the game was in hazards favorite driving it out and eating up the clock... Thats just like in 2010 Hazard was a better team than that game indicated.. You all might not think so but Hazard moved the ball well but turnovers eat them alive and the QB looked like Peyton Manning or Tom Brady out there..
Guhy maybe as good as a jr as his brother as a senior. In fact next year i could see us throwing the ball 60% of the time next season. If our backup rb Jeremy Tyler who is a burner puts on some weight i could be wrong.
rednblackattack Wrote:Guhy maybe as good as a jr as his brother as a senior. In fact next year i could see us throwing the ball 60% of the time next season. If our backup rb Jeremy Tyler who is a burner puts on some weight i could be wrong.

I think you mean Jordon Tyler and I think you are right, if he puts on some more weight and gets just a few more skills under his belt in the offseason I think he has the potential to be like Tyrese Murrell was. He just hasn't gotten the opportunities cause Jonathan is our main back. I personally cannot wait till the young Bright kid begins his varsity career, a lot of you Mayfield fans will remember his dad Mikey Bright, the tradition continues.
I think we all are gonna have to wait one more year for Trajon Bright to hit the high school. He is young. He is only 12 years old. I think he is thinking about waiting another year. We had alot of younger kids on that 8th grade team. Kyle Hurt is also 12. I think we have some linemen as well. I think several of these kids are waying their options. I cannot believe most of them were in 8th grd with the age descrepancy.

Back on topic, I think if we play like we are capable of playing from the opening kickoff until the final horn sounds, we will be very hard to beat. We cannot afford another lack luster start. We have had 3 of those in a row. The last time we came out of the gate ready to play was against Caldwell Co. Just look at the difference of what we did against a team in the final four of 2a and the results of the last 3 weeks versus 1a teams that we were supposed to handle. Two of those 3 games we went into the locker room at the half with 7 points or less being the difference. Can you honestly tell me that this kind of performance does not concern you.

I think the turf works to our advantage of course. I think the drive is kind of rediculous. I think the crowds for both teams will be large, so I dont see it being much of a home field advantage. I hope the lights work this week there. I also hope it is not raining or as cold as it was in 2010 when we were there. That is for my preference though, not the team.
bac2369 Wrote:the QB looked like Peyton Manning or Tom Brady out there..

No no no.....:dontthink.........it was Dan Marino! TongueirateSho
Is it Friday yet... Sure isnt getting here quick enough...
So ontopofthewest where the heck have you been... Just now poping ur head out of the wood works.. havent been that ticked off since last years 1A title game have ya..LOL ( stirring the pot)
To be honest didnt have much to say..lol. everyone is allowed to have a lil luck on their side.. its just unfortunate hazzards luck came at the expence of a few of our players getting hurt.. and a little bit of it might have been coaching staff for two reasons not having a back up anything goes playbook at hand and for continuing to use jackson the whole game knowing he was hurting thats just dumb and coulda ruinded his carreer .. if we come in injury free I promis u wont be upset this year .. I know its no excuse but beechwood hurt us last year..
But ya .... I figured I would pop my head in since its time for business (the big games)
ontopofthewest Wrote:To be honest didnt have much to say..lol. everyone is allowed to have a lil luck on their side.. its just unfortunate hazzards luck came at the expence of a few of our players getting hurt.. and a little bit of it might have been coaching staff for two reasons not having a back up anything goes playbook at hand and for continuing to use jackson the whole game knowing he was hurting thats just dumb and coulda ruinded his carreer .. if we come in injury free I promis u wont be upset this year .. I know its no excuse but beechwood hurt us last year..

Injury bug sucks.. Ask Hazard this year about losing one of the best playmakers and defensive players Austin Johnson..

Glad your back though..
30%chance of rain and temps inthe twenties for a low.. does this favor any team?
ontopofthewest Wrote:30%chance of rain and temps inthe twenties for a low.. does this favor any team?

Don't think those are gametime forecast. Rain Friday morning and then clearing. I'd immagine gametime temps around 40 degrees. We can get the hourly forecast this evening.
Well I knew the rain was supposed to clear here in west ky. Bymid day but was not sure in ft. Mitchell
Even if it did rain I don't think it would make much of a difference on the turf field.
MayfieldCardinal, Dan who.

This is some interesting stats for you all.

Mayfield's record is 12-1. Their combined opponents records are 85-70. They have scored 601 points and given up 195. The avg score against this schedule has been 46-13.

Beechwood's record is 9-4. Their combined opponents records are 73-80. They have scored 489 points and have given up 267 points. The avg score against this schedule has been 38-21.

Good Luck and may everyone be injury free. I used to hate to play on turf,esp in the rain.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Game can be seen on Ihigh.com! : http://www.ihigh.com/tristateinternetspo...verlight=1

...:rockon:
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Any of you Beechwood fans know what happened in the beechwood-new cath game? Beechwood's tackling fundamentals looked really bad in that game, a lot of arm tackling, they looked better a few weeks later against frankfort.
mysonis55 Wrote:MayfieldCardinal, Dan who.

This is some interesting stats for you all.

Mayfield's record is 12-1. Their combined opponents records are 85-70. They have scored 601 points and given up 195. The avg score against this schedule has been 46-13.

Beechwood's record is 9-4. Their combined opponents records are 73-80. They have scored 489 points and have given up 267 points. The avg score against this schedule has been 38-21.

Good Luck and may everyone be injury free. I used to hate to play on turf,esp in the rain.

:worthyBig Grinan is and still is:worthy: Da Man! Greatest ever !!!:welcome: Good lord, 64 even has me using them

#55 that was not turf you played on, that was astro turf that should have been named concrete/rug burn turf. I think I still have a strawberry from that stuff
Beechwood by 7, this is two of the best all-time programs in Class A going to war.
Whooooooo ha. One more day...
Mayfield 42

Beechwood 28
:igiveup: 64SUR is picking mayfield to beat leechnut 34-14 Confusedmoke:
Beechwood wins by 1 TD - Close game but Home field advantage helps get them win.
Is Beechwood still starting their freshman qb and mostly a jv squad due to behavior suspensions? I heard those young Tigers were killing peeps. would love to see a subbed in jv and freshman Beechwood team upset Mayfield.
birdman44 Wrote:Is Beechwood still starting their freshman qb and mostly a jv squad due to behavior suspensions? I heard those young Tigers were killing peeps. would love to see a subbed in jv and freshman Beechwood team upset Mayfield.

Well to answer your question. Do you really think a jv team just beat Frankfort? I do think they have a freshman starting qb. Not trashing BW in any way cause i would feel the exact same way if it was Mayfield. Neither one of these teams could play within 30 points of each other if the jv was playing for one of the teams.
Well thanks there 64 and its good to see you have come out of your bunker. I think Pork has welcomed you in as a Hazard fan the rest of this year. May not quiet be the same but it is always good to see the team that beat your team moving on and proving how good your team was.