Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Louisville Central 14 Bell County 10
Seemed like a great game to watch! Game went about how I thought it would as it was a low scoring game with Bell domiating time of possession and sustaining a few long drives and one long drive that resulted in 6 while both of Central's td's came on one play drives of 43 and 17 yards by Deris Cox. Bell had a great game plan and done everything they needed to do to win the game but at the end of the day the CHAMP survives and goes to 46-1 vs 3a opponents since 2007. Nice try Bell County and good luck Monroe County next week but I'm rooting for Central next week and my Pirates to pull it out against Bourbon so we can get our revenge for that loss last year!!!
:biglmao:
BellCoFaithful Wrote:Couple of photos from the game, courtesy of Middlesboro Daily News:

[Image: http://matchbin-assets.s3.amazonaws.com/...134636.jpg]

[Image: http://matchbin-assets.s3.amazonaws.com/...134638.jpg]

[Image: http://matchbin-assets.s3.amazonaws.com/...134639.jpg]

http://matchbin-assets.s3.amazonaws.com/...134640.jpg

[Image: http://matchbin-assets.s3.amazonaws.com/...134641.jpg]

:biglmao: Looks like the field was muddy, I guess they had drainage problems LOL.
Southeast Bluegrass Wrote:Nice job Central in your win. Well coached and good execution. It's a shame your fan base is only interested in the "big games" that don't involve any little ole 3A teams. I'll repost my quote from the previous thread:

Originally Posted by Coachdad
Tell that to Trinity or X. SMH or even central @ home., but we don't come out that much for a 3A opponent . Would you if you had one loss in 6 years? & should bell county pull it off tonight , that still only makes two in SIX years.

:dudecomeon:

I would come out if we had only 1 win in six years. I actually care about the kids, the program, the coaches, the fans, the school, the MOUNTAINS. Cause that's where it's at. I could care less about the big city. Compare our crime rate and any other statistic to the "big city" and you'll see the difference good ole home town pride and family produces. :flame: (coach dad)

You kids deserve a better fan base. You know where you can stick that horn you manage to "toot" on here all the time coach dad.:moon:

Nice job Bobcats.
Bluegrass that might be only because you don't have anything else going on.but as stated previously we have a good crowd home or away. People have lives outside of high school football here.
Great game Central and Bell Co had a great season.
highschoolfan Wrote::biglmao:

:biglmao: Looks like the field was muddy, I guess they had drainage problems LOL.

I wasn't there, but according to the pictures, the field doesn't look muddy to me. I like the last picture, where the guys where showing great sportsmanship.:Thumbs:
Crossbones Wrote:I wasn't there, but according to the pictures, the field doesn't look muddy to me. I like the last picture, where the guys where showing great sportsmanship.:Thumbs:

The last picture was before Central's last kneel down. They called time out and a lot of the Central and Bell players began hugging and shaking hands. Ton of class shown by both teams last night, made me proud to be a Bell Co fan, and happy to see a team with Central's amount of success is still humble.

The field wasn't that muddy. This was a physical, grind it out game. These men were hitting the ground all night, if the field was muddy, it'd be more than a few stains on the knees.
BellCoFaithful Wrote:The last picture was before Central's last kneel down. They called time out and a lot of the Central and Bell players began hugging and shaking hands. Ton of class shown by both teams last night, made me proud to be a Bell Co fan, and happy to see a team with Central's amount of success is still humble.

The field wasn't that muddy. This was a physical, grind it out game. These men were hitting the ground all night, if the field was muddy, it'd be more than a few stains on the knees.

Saw the same thing last year when Belfry played them at state. A lot of class shown by both squads. Makes ya proud to watch it. We are all passionate about winning, but there is more to the game than just winning. I miss the old grass fields, the turf is nice, but makes the players soft. :biggrin:
Congrats central on a hard fought win!! But like I said last week bell should have won this game but coach mills found a way to choke again like he always does in the big game,
And the cry'in continues. Hey, I think Dudley will be looking for a job next year. You could make him your water boy and he could give you guys some pointers on how to at least make it through the first or second round. Confusednicker:
panther nation Wrote:Congrats central on a hard fought win!! But like I said last week bell should have won this game but coach mills found a way to choke again like he always does in the big game,

You did say exactly that last week.
panther nation Wrote:Congrats central on a hard fought win!! But like I said last week bell should have won this game but coach mills found a way to choke again like he always does in the big game,

Ever think coach Mills didn't choke? Listen this all can't be on him. He didn't go out there and fumble the ball 2 times. He didn't shank that punt, he also didn't run out on the field and tell the Bell boys to come over and talk to him that way Central could walk into the endzone. Mills job is to lead, and direct these boys. His job is to create a gameplan to beat these teams and he's done a fine job. The boys job is to go out there and execute that game plan, and they did a fine job. I don't think this has anything to do with Bell, or Mills. Central just made the plays that mattered the most. Once they grabbed the lead the shut Bell down. Central's a great team. Let's not all blame Mills either, in all of Dudley's years at Bell, I've watched some close heart breakers. Your acting as if Mills is a huge step down from Dudley. Two consecutive Regional Runner-ups isn't so bad, especially when you have to play a team like Central in that game. If we were in the east, as we should be, without starting a riot here, I bet we're a main stay the state semi's/state championship. Get your nose back into Knox County and drop it with Mills.
Coachdad Wrote:Bluegrass that might be only because you don't have anything else going on.but as stated previously we have a good crowd home or away. People have lives outside of high school football here.

People have lives outside of high school football here as well. We have all day and night Saturday & Sunday. Friday night though, this community likes to come out to support and embrace the boys. These boys all certainly appreciate the fact that so many people outside of their parents take an active interest in them and hope for them to succeed out there as well. Is it some kind of a problem that the community is so tight knit, and cares about the kids?
BellCoFaithful Wrote:I think Bell will be fine. I look for a big improvement throwing the ball from QB Collett in his Soph. year. A pretty good freshman class came in this year that will see a lot of field time next year and surprise some people. Austin Caldwell is a heck of a running back and will more than likely be the starter next year as a junior. Corey Swanner and Chase Woolum are two players to really be excited about, along with Dylan Cox who is just going to be a junior. I'm excited to see the Muncy kid hopefully play some next year, kid can flat out fly. There's excitement around the program. Might be a rough start but ultimately i look to be in this same game next year.

First of all, before I start talking/asking about next years team, I would like to congratulate this years team on a hard fought game. I really thought that they were going to win and it definitely wasn't for lack of effort. This years senior class is without a doubt one of the best and it's definitely going to be hard to follow that group of young men.

With that being said, I fully agree with faithful about the talent that is coming up. IMO we have lots of boys that have great potential when it comes to running the ball. My concern is the offensive and defensive lines. I think the offensive line lost everyone except 1 and if I'm not mistaken we lost the entire defensive line. Losing key players such as Big Hudson, Burnett, Marcum and Elliott has really got to hurt the program. Also been hearing rumors that two potential lineman may be transferring. Who does Bell have that can step up and fill these spots?
Once_a_Bobcat... Wrote:First of all, before I start talking/asking about next years team, I would like to congratulate this years team on a hard fought game. I really thought that they were going to win and it definitely wasn't for lack of effort. This years senior class is without a doubt one of the best and it's definitely going to be hard to follow that group of young men.

With that being said, I fully agree with faithful about the talent that is coming up. IMO we have lots of boys that have great potential when it comes to running the ball. My concern is the offensive and defensive lines. I think the offensive line lost everyone except 1 and if I'm not mistaken we lost the entire defensive line. Losing key players such as Big Hudson, Burnett, Marcum and Elliott has really got to hurt the program. Also been hearing rumors that two potential lineman may be transferring. Who does Bell have that can step up and fill these spots?

I agree, losing this senior class hurts probably more than any senior class we've lost in quite some time. The offensive and defensive lines are the biggest questions and concern areas going into next season. As you said, their is plenty of talent at the running back position, with probably both backs and fullback pretty clearly set for next year, at least as we speak right now. Losing Polly to me, will be one of the bigger losses though, he was the kind of tough as nails, hard nosed back Bell loves to have run the ball. On top of being the feature back, he was this teams emotional leader, and the tone setter for this team. Every time they'd be reeling, he'd come through with a big play to put points up, or a tough motivated run or return to light a fire under the team, that's a huge loss to me. The defense will be okay, as a lot of the kids will be back, the Dline I'm guessing will be good once they get settled into starting. I expect big Nate Murray to be the anchor on the O-line now that he's gonna have another summer to get a little stronger and more physical. I've got faith in this team and the coaches. The beginning of next season I'm guessing will be rocky, and we may take a few on the chin, but late in the year I'll say we've got the talent to push deep into the playoffs again. This program isn't gonna be going down hill for quite some time how a lot of folks outside of it like to assume it is.
:ChairHit:
BellCoFaithful Wrote:People have lives outside of high school football here as well. We have all day and night Saturday & Sunday. Friday night though, this community likes to come out to support and embrace the boys. These boys all certainly appreciate the fact that so many people outside of their parents take an active interest in them and hope for them to succeed out there as well. Is it some kind of a problem that the community is so tight knit, and cares about the kids?
No never say it was .........what I DID say was we support our school too , but not "the whole community )! For crying out loud Louisville metro is around a million people sheesh !
It's just a different lifestyle ! No better for you no worse for us just different ! Sheesh !
School of sensitivity wow ! :ChairHit:
Coachdad Wrote::ChairHit:
No never say it was .........what I DID say was we support our school too , but not "the whole community )! For crying out loud Louisville metro is around a million people sheesh !
It's just a different lifestyle ! No better for you no worse for us just different ! Sheesh !
School of sensitivity wow ! :ChairHit:

It wasn't the point you made it's how you went about trying to make it. "that might be only because you don't have anything else going on" "People have lives outside of high school football here." As if there's nothing better to do here, or people here don't have lives or something. You came off as a jerk in how you said it. If people there would rather go out and shop at a big fancy mall, or enjoy the night life of Louisville, more power to them, I won't make them out to be something bad just because they choose to do that. You shouldn't make anyone in Bell County out to be boring, lifeless, losers because they would rather go out to a football game on Friday night to support a group of kids who work their tails off all year to represent that this area either.
BellCoFaithful Wrote:It wasn't the point you made it's how you went about trying to make it. "that might be only because you don't have anything else going on" "People have lives outside of high school football here." As if there's nothing better to do here, or people here don't have lives or something. You came off as a jerk in how you said it. If people there would rather go out and shop at a big fancy mall, or enjoy the night life of Louisville, more power to them, I won't make them out to be something bad just because they choose to do that. You shouldn't make anyone in Bell County out to be boring, lifeless, losers because they would rather go out to a football game on Friday night to support a group of kids who work their tails off all year to represent that this area either.
I didn't say any of those things "you said I make it seem like" you must be thinking it.
Good luck next year I'll be out rootin for central Friday & my son & the Louisville Cards Saturday !
First of all i want to give grads to Central for the win and playing one heck of a game, they turned Bell mistakes into points that won the game. The thing that hurt me the most was the PLAY CALLING on offense from Crawford. One can say that he was calling the plays toward Bell's strength and you have a frosh QB, to a point i agree i mean it got you thru district. But when you get to this point into the playoffs and play against a team like Central you better do something to keep them from loading the box. ALL NIGHT LONG i watched him call off tackle right or off tackle left ( i would bet over 90% of the plays call on the offense were between the tackles) only to see Central put 10 players in the box. So if you do the math that's 10 against 8 blockers, you cannot play that style all night long. I love Bell County Football, i have a son that plays, so i will continue to support the boys in blue, but last friday did it in for me with Crawford as a OC, IMHO he is the reason we lost on friday. :HitWall: :flush:
Bell Co 97 Wrote:First of all i want to give grads to Central for the win and playing one heck of a game, they turned Bell mistakes into points that won the game. The thing that hurt me the most was the PLAY CALLING on offense from Crawford. One can say that he was calling the plays toward Bell's strength and you have a frosh QB, to a point i agree i mean it got you thru district. But when you get to this point into the playoffs and play against a team like Central you better do something to keep them from loading the box. ALL NIGHT LONG i watched him call off tackle right or off tackle left ( i would bet over 90% of the plays call on the offense were between the tackles) only to see Central put 10 players in the box. So if you do the math that's 10 against 8 blockers, you cannot play that style all night long. I love Bell County Football, i have a son that plays, so i will continue to support the boys in blue, but last friday did it in for me with Crawford as a OC, IMHO he is the reason we lost on friday. :HitWall: :flush:

Evidently you haven't watched the games this year our Qb can't throw the ball that good did you see the one he threw in the dirt how can you throw like that against athletes that will run it back for td's.. Our qb threw 8 int's this season.
Amped 88 Wrote:Evidently you haven't watched the games this year our Qb can't throw the ball that good did you see the one he threw in the dirt how can you throw like that against athletes that will run it back for td's.. Our qb threw 8 int's this season.

I'm sorry but i have been at every game this year and i do realize that we cant throw the ball good, but are you telling me that between the tackles is the only plays you can run. all im saying is you have to be able to keep the defense honest enough to respect you trying. the inside slant was open ALL NIGHT LONG. even if our QB was able to throw Crawford wouldn't thats not his style and you cant beat every team running between the tackles. :flush:
Bell Co 97 Wrote:I'm sorry but i have been at every game this year and i do realize that we cant throw the ball good, but are you telling me that between the tackles is the only plays you can run. all im saying is you have to be able to keep the defense honest enough to respect you trying. the inside slant was open ALL NIGHT LONG. even if our QB was able to throw Crawford wouldn't thats not his style and you cant beat every team running between the tackles. :flush:

And then it would have been 6 the other way I love stand coaches and by the way a lot of those plays were toss sweep. :lame:
Bell Co 97 Wrote:First of all i want to give grads to Central for the win and playing one heck of a game, they turned Bell mistakes into points that won the game. The thing that hurt me the most was the PLAY CALLING on offense from Crawford. One can say that he was calling the plays toward Bell's strength and you have a frosh QB, to a point i agree i mean it got you thru district. But when you get to this point into the playoffs and play against a team like Central you better do something to keep them from loading the box. ALL NIGHT LONG i watched him call off tackle right or off tackle left ( i would bet over 90% of the plays call on the offense were between the tackles) only to see Central put 10 players in the box. So if you do the math that's 10 against 8 blockers, you cannot play that style all night long. I love Bell County Football, i have a son that plays, so i will continue to support the boys in blue, but last friday did it in for me with Crawford as a OC, IMHO he is the reason we lost on friday. :HitWall: :flush:

First of all I'm sure it wasn't just Crawford who developed a game plan. He along with the other coaches develop the game plan and I thought that game plan should have won us the ball game. If your eyes weren't blinded by your son you to could tell central had the superior athletes. Throwing the ball with a freshman QB against pressure and man to man defense with DBS who were 6'2" and run a 4.6 40 would have gotten us beat 50-7. The coaches gave the players an opportunity to win, the best opportunity to win by taking it at central. Give central credit for never backing down and for taking advantage of turnovers don't blame it on a coach :please:
Bell Co 97 Wrote:I'm sorry but i have been at every game this year and i do realize that we cant throw the ball good, but are you telling me that between the tackles is the only plays you can run. all im saying is you have to be able to keep the defense honest enough to respect you trying. the inside slant was open ALL NIGHT LONG. even if our QB was able to throw Crawford wouldn't thats not his style and you cant beat every team running between the tackles. :flush:

How much film have you watched? You don't think other teams with seasoned QBs try to throw the slant? That is what central wants you to do. You are playing right into their hands when you do that stuff:ChairHit:
pureathlete Wrote:How much film have you watched? You don't think other teams with seasoned QBs try to throw the slant? That is what central wants you to do. You are playing right into their hands when you do that stuff:ChairHit:

I am glad someone has some sense on here. :Thumbs:
The thing about playing Central is that they are never out of the game. Doesn't matter what position they are in they play with tenacity and force.

They've played Belfry 3 times in their quest to be kings of 3A. All three games we saw different aspects of a Scroggins coached team. '07 was a competitive game where they bent but that defense just makes things possible. '10 they handed it to a Belfry team that supremely overachieved by showcasing speed and more defensive prowess. Then in '11 without their star tailback and on the ropes they showed they don't get rattled. Bell has had the distinct pleasure of being in similar situations the last 2 years. A shutout in '11 and this years highly competitive game with Central on the ropes.

To steal a quote from a Central Alum - "Champions aren't made in gyms, champions are made from something they have deep inside them—a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill." You want to beat Central in 3A? It's going to take just a little bit more than your best, that one defining moment.

I think currently in 3A only Bell and Belfry have the chance to shake Central.
Amped 88 Wrote:Evidently you haven't watched the games this year our Qb can't throw the ball that good did you see the one he threw in the dirt how can you throw like that against athletes that will run it back for td's.. Our qb threw 8 int's this season.

Way to support the kids, man!:Thumbs:

Running the ball was the way to go in this game though. As Coach Mills has said several times this year Jonathon Polly is a warrior, he's put the team on his back all year, and he's the kind of back it takes to beat Central, a back that'll hit you in the mouth and break through tackles. I thought the game plan was flawless, but the execution wasn't. Collett needs to get better and more confident throwing the ball before you turn it loose against the kind of athletes Central has. What they're best at is creating turnovers and turning turnovers into points. Throwing the ball against them with a qb whose confidence isn't completely there is begging for trouble. Lay off the coaches, they done their job. Lay off the boys, they made a few mistakes, it happens. I thought a few little screen passes would have been fantastic against the kind of rush Central was bringing, but it didn't happen. I'm not going to complain about the play calling because it was the safe route, and the right way to go about beating Central. we just didn't execute how we should have. No fumbles in the game and I think we're getting ready for a game this Friday, but it's in the past.
BellCoFaithful Wrote:Way to support the kids, man!:Thumbs:

Running the ball was the way to go in this game though. As Coach Mills has said several times this year Jonathon Polly is a warrior, he's put the team on his back all year, and he's the kind of back it takes to beat Central, a back that'll hit you in the mouth and break through tackles. I thought the game plan was flawless, but the execution wasn't. Collett needs to get better and more confident throwing the ball before you turn it loose against the kind of athletes Central has. What they're best at is creating turnovers and turning turnovers into points. Throwing the ball against them with a qb whose confidence isn't completely there is begging for trouble. Lay off the coaches, they done their job. Lay off the boys, they made a few mistakes, it happens. I thought a few little screen passes would have been fantastic against the kind of rush Central was bringing, but it didn't happen. I'm not going to complain about the play calling because it was the safe route, and the right way to go about beating Central. we just didn't execute how we should have. No fumbles in the game and I think we're getting ready for a game this Friday, but it's in the past.

Are you saying that I don't support the kids your crazy. I am realistic. Love those kids Bell did what they had to do to win. 3 plays and everyone is talking about what a great win that was.:please:
Maybe they should have tried to develop their qb a little more during the season instead of run, run, run, run, run.
Maybe you need to figure out what you're talking about before you post.
johnnyd Wrote:Maybe they should have tried to develop their qb a little more during the season instead of run, run, run, run, run.

Did you go to practice everyday? Are you one of the coaches?