•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ashland @ Highlands - 11/9/12 - 4A Second Round
Highlands 58 Ashland 18. this one will be over by the half. Ashland thinks they play football but reallity sets in Friday night.
Ashland is on a roll.....

Highlands 42
Ashland 20
I can't believe this has gone three pages. It's Ashland. Not Trinity. Highlands, 56-7, running clock by halftime.
WideRight05 Wrote:I can't believe this has gone three pages. It's Ashland. Not Trinity. Highlands, 56-7, running clock by halftime.

It might only be Ashland but they might be the 2nd best team in 4A!!!:Wave:
T-CATS Wrote:It might only be Ashland but they might be the 2nd best team in 4A!!!:Wave:

No way the 2nd best; Cov Cath, Boyle, Lex Cath,JC, IMO are better; RC and KC might also be better. They probably are better than anyone in the West.
We should probably cancel the busses. Save the money. Tell Highlands just go ahead make plans to travel to Johnson so Matney can walk to mid field and raise Highlands hand.
WRONG!!!
They play the game to see who wins. It's not just predetermined because one team has an impressive winning streak. Taking nothing away from Highlands. They are a very good team. Their accomplishments are second to none. Their history and winning tradition speaks for itself. Highlands may win but Ashland is not going to just lay down and hand them the win. This Ashland team is a little more gritty than teams from the recent past.
Highlands isnt going to win 48-7 because Ashland is going to lay down. Highlands is going to win 48-7 because they are that much better than Ashland. No one has said that Ashland was going to lay down.
I think it is admirable that some of you Ashland supporters are backing your team. However, the little pointed digs, less than subtle hints, and obnoxious innuendos are quickly turning into blowing smoke. Such an approach is exactly what has given Ashland a negative, somewhat amusing reputation around the Commonwealth. Your posts are ignorant at best and one would hope that there is enough "smarts" somewhere down in your area to caution you.

FTH has earned its title as one of the two great tradition laden football programs in Commonwealth high school football. The other, of course, is Louisville Trinity. Beechwood has done well. So have Boyle County, Louisville St. Xavier, Mayfield, and a few others. That certainly does not include Ashland in any remote way.

So, to you Ashland partisans, let me recommend that you accomplish something before you brag. You were and are the second best team in a weak district. Nothing more.

Loyalty is fine. Realism is better.
tomcat4life Wrote:We should probably cancel the busses. Save the money. Tell Highlands just go ahead make plans to travel to Johnson so Matney can walk to mid field and raise Highlands hand.
WRONG!!!

They play the game to see who wins. It's not just predetermined because one team has an impressive winning streak. Taking nothing away from Highlands. They are a very good team. Their accomplishments are second to none. Their history and winning tradition speaks for itself. Highlands may win but Ashland is not going to just lay down and hand them the win. This Ashland team is a little more gritty than teams from the recent past.

Now THAT is an excellent idea! You might as well! :Thumbs:
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:I think it is admirable that some of you Ashland supporters are backing your team. However, the little pointed digs, less than subtle hints, and obnoxious innuendos are quickly turning into blowing smoke. Such an approach is exactly what has given Ashland a negative, somewhat amusing reputation around the Commonwealth. Your posts are ignorant at best and one would hope that there is enough "smarts" somewhere down in your area to caution you.

FTH has earned its title as one of the two great tradition laden football programs in Commonwealth high school football. The other, of course, is Louisville Trinity. Beechwood has done well. So have Boyle County, Louisville St. Xavier, Mayfield, and a few others. That certainly does not include Ashland in any remote way.

So, to you Ashland partisans, let me recommend that you accomplish something before you brag. You were and are the second best team in a weak district. Nothing more.

Loyalty is fine. Realism is better.
Wow Harry! Your hard core man!LMAO!
tomcat4life Wrote:We should probably cancel the busses. Save the money. Tell Highlands just go ahead make plans to travel to Johnson so Matney can walk to mid field and raise Highlands hand. WRONG!!!

We have already made plans to have a home game (The Title Game) with Cov Cath.
T-CATS Wrote:It might only be Ashland but they might be the 2nd best team in 4A!!!:Wave:
3rd best. JC beat Ashland.
Keep looking past Ashland and you might be watching them win.
tomcat4life Wrote:Keep looking past Ashland and you might be watching them win.

:thatsfunn :thatsfunn :thatsfunn :thatsfunn :thatsfunn :thatsfunn :thatsfunn :thatsfunn :thatsfunn :thatsfunn :thatsfunn :thatsfunn :thatsfunn :thatsfunn :thatsfunn

You playing our middle school team?
I'd love to see Ashland win.
Both teams have great tradition and great teams the locals are proud of.But past accomplishments will mean nothing on Friday.
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:Both teams have great tradition and great teams the locals are proud of.But past accomplishments will mean nothing on Friday.

I disagree, HHS kids grow up thinking they are suppose to win and go into games with an aura of confidence. Past accomplishments also make kids work hard to achieve what their brothers,dads, and granddads did. It is not going to win the game, but that confidence helps, some teams against HHS have lost before they step on the field due to lack of confidence.
WideRight05 Wrote::thatsfunn :thatsfunn :thatsfunn :thatsfunn :thatsfunn :thatsfunn :thatsfunn :thatsfunn :thatsfunn :thatsfunn :thatsfunn :thatsfunn :thatsfunn :thatsfunn :thatsfunn

You playing our middle school team?

As i said. The game is played for a reason. Go ahead and prep for covcath. Don't even bother looking at Ashland. And If Ashland does pull off the win then you will probably be the one on here posting the woulda coulda shoulda's and making excuses.
sstack Wrote:[/COLOR]

I disagree, HHS kids grow up thinking they are suppose to win and go into games with an aura of confidence. Past accomplishments also make kids work hard to achieve what their brothers,dads, and granddads did. It is not going to win the game, but that confidence helps, some teams against HHS have lost before they step on the field due to lack of confidence.
I agree that highland accomplishments creates pride in the program as well they should. But this game is gonna be decided on the field these Ashland kids take a immense amount of pride in playing for Ashland and playing at Putnam stadium. Highlands tradition creates excitement about the program and gets kids to come out and play. But this game will not be one of those teams that are in awe of the bluebirds regardless if it is a blowout or a competitive game.
I'd just save the gas money if I were the putty tats.
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:Both teams have great tradition and great teams the locals are proud of.But past accomplishments will mean nothing on Friday.

Wrong. To mention Ashland in the same sentence with FTH when discussing "great tradition" and "great teams" is both insulting and insane. Ashland has no tradition other than in the minds of its fans. They need to get away from fantasy and try realism.

My advice would be to try winning something before you blow. Earn a little respect.

If your approach is to try to make FTH fans mad, it isn't working. We are amused by your audacity and lack of proper respect. Your act isn't getting it.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:Wrong. To mention Ashland in the same sentence with FTH when discussing "great tradition" and "great teams" is both insulting and insane. Ashland has no tradition other than in the minds of its fans. They need to get away from fantasy and try realism.

My advice would be to try winning something before you blow. Earn a little respect.
I guess I should clarify. I did not mean Ashlands history was in any way equal to that of FT Thomas the numbers alone will tell you that. I was just pointing out they have had some very good teams in there past that these kids here about and know about and have alot of pride following in there footsteps. Highlands tradition is second to. Noone not only in the bluegrass but just about anyone in the country. I did not mean anything as an insult towards highlands as I actually follow and cheer for them if they are not playing Ashland I have great respect for them and find there players,coaches,and fans very classy and knowledgeable in the game of football.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:Wrong. To mention Ashland in the same sentence with FTH when discussing "great tradition" and "great teams" is both insulting and insane. Ashland has no tradition other than in the minds of its fans. They need to get away from fantasy and try realism.

If your approach is to try to make FTH fans mad, it isn't working. We are amused by your audacity and lack of proper respect. Your act isn't getting it.

Actually I think Ashland once led the state in number of championships for many years...like, 8 titles or something.

About as many points as they'll score Friday. Confusednicker:
The birds cuts the cats tail off right behind its ears.
sawmill Wrote:The birds cuts the cats tail off right behind its ears.

That is twisted.
tomcat4life Wrote:As i said. The game is played for a reason. Go ahead and prep for covcath. Don't even bother looking at Ashland. And If Ashland does pull off the win then you will probably be the one on here posting the woulda coulda shoulda's and making excuses.

If you were to pull it off, no excuses here.

That's a huge if though. A huge if.
WideRight05 Wrote:If you were to pull it off, no excuses here.

That's a huge if though. A huge if.

Im no birds fan but joker has a better chance of winning the national title than there being an upset. Sorry cats but this is your last game play hard be safe.
Birds-49
Tomcats-27
sawmill Wrote:Im no birds fan but joker has a better chance of winning the national title than there being an upset. Sorry cats but this is your last game play hard be safe.
Hey joker will win a national title if he works for the basketball team this year.
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:I agree that highland accomplishments creates pride in the program as well they should. But this game is gonna be decided on the field these Ashland kids take a immense amount of pride in playing for Ashland and playing at Putnam stadium. Highlands tradition creates excitement about the program and gets kids to come out and play. But this game will not be one of those teams that are in awe of the bluebirds regardless if it is a blowout or a competitive game.

You Know its Coming!!!!!!
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next