•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harlan County 40 - Bell County 34
Congrats black bears heck of a game, and wow that new stadium is awesome!!!
bellcobobcats11 Wrote:Bell County is still KING OF THE MTNS.. We have one loss since 2006...
Knox Central, until you actually beat us.. Don't say a word..
well my friend that would have happens this year if your coach would have maned up a played us but as we all know he wouldn't but that's ok we will take care of that next year foresure!!!

:Thumbs:
Great Win Bears!
Congrats!
Congrats to HC! I'm a Bell fan and stayed to the end (unlike most of our fans). I'm glad the boys didn't quit like our fans did. I liked that there our boys didn't show any quit. We couldn't stop HC's ground attack, #52 ran like a beast (hope he's alright he seemed shook up pretty bad late). The bomb before the half killed us and we turned it over too many times. Being down 20 with 7:00 to go and having a chance to take the lead in the last minute makes me proud of these boys. Keep your heads up and let's move to the season that matters. HC good luck in the playoffs, this Bell fan will be pulling for you all the way.
Diogenes Wrote:NO MORE KING OF THE MOUNTAINS.

Was only a matter of time after Dudley left before the mediocre began to set in. Here it begins. Congrats BEARS!

The only thing that is mediocre is you stop bashing teams when any of these teams could beat your
Diogenes Wrote:NO MORE KING OF THE MOUNTAINS.

Was only a matter of time after Dudley left before the mediocre began to set in. Here it begins. Congrats BEARS!

"Mediocre" That's not saying much for Harlan then. Why not just give credit to both teams, it was a great game and now the true rivaly begins. Good luck to Harlan I hope they go all the way.
BellCoFaithful Wrote:I think Belfry will be shocked to see how good HC really is.

they may be shocked to see how good Belfry is because they will bring alot back next yr.i know its going to be early in the season for both teams and should be a heck of a game.this game will only makes them both bettter down the road whom ever wins..
Bear_Paw Wrote:Hats off to Bell County for an awesome run in the mountains and a never quit effort tonight.

I am so proud of these kids and what they have accomplished. I dont look at this as much as dethroning Bell County...rather now instead of one powerhouse we have 3. You better strap it up if you play on 25E or 119...

Great job Bears!

good post about 3 powerhouses.
congrats to HC
Thats right some of us true BOBCAT FANS stayed until the end our boys fought until the end great job guys and u could see the response of our kids when they seen bunch of our people getting up to leave especially in a big bunch at a time:Shaking: but remmber ONCE A BOBCAT ALWAYS A BOBCAT!!!!!We will be ther until then end Congrats again to the Black Bears great game and awesome enviroment:worthy:
WOW!!!! So much to say and I really don't know how to put it in words.....first off the new stadium and field is unreal...a lot of people didn't think Harlan Co. could fill the home stands....but we did and hats off to the people of Harlan Co...
I am so proud of our boys...they played soooo hard...this is a great step in the football programs short history....I don't think you can say that we are the King of the Mountains but we have made a step in that directions..
Now to Bell...there is NO quit in this team....down by 20 midway through the 4th and they could have laid down but they didn't and had a chance in the end...good luck to Bell in the playoffs.

Now let's get ready to make a long run this the playoffs!!!!
This is the 1st Harlan Co game that I have attended this year. The Bears look like they are ready to make a deep run into the playoffs. Carson Whitehead is a beast!
I want to watch it again!!! Anybody have a link? I looked on WYMT, but couldn't find it.
Me too!! I have sent Rock a PM asking that very question.

I am sooo afraid that my dumbass is on camera acting like a total idiot. That game!!!! Brought out so many different and extreme emotions from me.
Congrats to HC. Very nice win.

So unfortunate that KC did not get the chance to play Bell this year.

^ your dumbass may be on many cameras....as well as mine. Confusednicker: just kidding GB...couldn't resist.
Knox is undefeated in the mountains this year. They are king this year. I could see any of the three putting on the crown next year. Three good programs. Wayne Mills is a good coach and man. I am not worried with him at the helm of Bell County. Belfry is also very good. We often don't consider them because they are a little further north. But, they are as mountain as you can get.
cuppett777 Wrote:good post about 3 powerhouses.

Just to clarify...I was talking About the new "Golden Triangle" as the dipper put it.....Harlan County, Bell County and Knox Central. I will go ahead and throw Belfry in as a fourth. They have earned it....and since they are on 119....
This was a great game the more and more I think about it. I know over the past 4 years I've rubbed some Harlan County folks the wrong way, and I want to clarify on it all. The main reason i did is because a lot of people from the Harlan area act as if Bell should fear them, respect them, and bow down to them, when they hadn't even beat Bell, and didn't even get close until last year. That's where the certain degree of disrespect came from. Now that HC has proved me wrong, they did beat Bell, and now this is a legit rivalry, HC will receive nothing but respect from me from now on. If this game had been played at the beginning of the season or even a few weeks ago I think it's a different outcome. What can I say though, HC is clicking at the right time. Gonna be a dangerous team for anyone in the 5A playoffs, especially going into them with a win over the team a lot of folks blame their playoff woes on. Congrats to them, I'm hoping I get the chance to watch my Bobcats and the Black Bears in bowling green this year!

Also, like a few others have said, Shame on a lot of the Bell County people for giving up on the kids. This bunch over the past few years have shown the ability to make these comebacks, although 20 points in under 7 min was insane and a lot had to go right, and it did with exception to that last pass. An extra second and I think Collett had his man wide open for 6. The HC blitz was insane when they knew the pass was coming last night.
[quote=BellCoFaithful]This was a great game the more and more I think about it. I know over the past 4 years I've rubbed some Harlan County folks the wrong way, and I want to clarify on it all. The main reason i did is because a lot of people from the Harlan area act as if Bell should fear them, respect them, and bow down to them, when they hadn't even beat Bell, and didn't even get close until last year. That's where the certain degree of disrespect came from. Now that HC has proved me wrong, they did beat Bell, and now this is a legit rivalry, HC will receive nothing but respect from me from now on. If this game had been played at the beginning of the season or even a few weeks ago I think it's a different outcome. What can I say though, HC is clicking at the right time. Gonna be a dangerous team for anyone in the 5A playoffs, especially going into them with a win over the team a lot of folks blame their playoff woes on. Congrats to them, I'm hoping I get the chance to watch my Bobcats and the Black Bears in bowling green this year!

Also, like a few others have said, Shame on a lot of the Bell County people for giving up on the kids. This bunch over the past few years have shown the ability to make these comebacks, although 20 points in under 7 min was insane and a lot had to go right, and it did with exception to that last pass. An extra second and I think Collett had his man wide open for 6. The HC blitz was insane when they knew the pass was coming last night.[/QUOTE]

First of all you will find on Harlan County, Bell County and any other team you might want to mention, fans that range from disrespectful trash talkers all the way to those who respect the football programs and the kids that work so hard to execute them. Then, when you get into my age group, you will find fans that have changed priorites over the years, and is actually able to wish another team "good luck", and mean it. LOL

Anyway, I must say that I was very surprised at some of the Bell fans. I'm not trash talking here, promise.. but twice there were mass exoduses. I never expected so many Bell fans to abandon their team when they were in an obvious need of support. Even with the fans walking out in MASSES, the Bell football team reached down deep, found strength and by damn they worked had and just about pulled it off. That garned huge respect from me for the kids, and much disappointment for the fans.
Bear_Paw Wrote:^ your dumbass may be on many cameras....as well as mine. Confusednicker: just kidding GB...couldn't resist.

Nope, it's TRUE!!
I really hate to be on camera looking like a total fool, and the more I think about it, the more I'm certain that that may have happened. That's the biggest reason that I want to see the game that was broadcast last night....damage control!!!
Confusednicker:
Granny Bear Wrote:[quote=BellCoFaithful]This was a great game the more and more I think about it. I know over the past 4 years I've rubbed some Harlan County folks the wrong way, and I want to clarify on it all. The main reason i did is because a lot of people from the Harlan area act as if Bell should fear them, respect them, and bow down to them, when they hadn't even beat Bell, and didn't even get close until last year. That's where the certain degree of disrespect came from. Now that HC has proved me wrong, they did beat Bell, and now this is a legit rivalry, HC will receive nothing but respect from me from now on. If this game had been played at the beginning of the season or even a few weeks ago I think it's a different outcome. What can I say though, HC is clicking at the right time. Gonna be a dangerous team for anyone in the 5A playoffs, especially going into them with a win over the team a lot of folks blame their playoff woes on. Congrats to them, I'm hoping I get the chance to watch my Bobcats and the Black Bears in bowling green this year!

Also, like a few others have said, Shame on a lot of the Bell County people for giving up on the kids. This bunch over the past few years have shown the ability to make these comebacks, although 20 points in under 7 min was insane and a lot had to go right, and it did with exception to that last pass. An extra second and I think Collett had his man wide open for 6. The HC blitz was insane when they knew the pass was coming last night.[/QUOTE]

First of all you will find on Harlan County, Bell County and any other team you might want to mention, fans that range from disrespectful trash talkers all the way to those who respect the football programs and the kids that work so hard to execute them. Then, when you get into my age group, you will find fans that have changed priorites over the years, and is actually able to wish another team "good luck", and mean it. LOL

Anyway, I must say that I was [B]very surprised at some of the Bell fans. I'm not trash talking here, promise.. but twice there were mass exoduses. I never expected so many Bell fans to abandon their team when they were in an obvious need of support. Even with the fans walking out in MASSES, the Bell football team reached down deep, found strength and by damn they worked had and just about pulled it off. That garned huge respect from me for the kids, and much disappointment for the fans.
[/B]
I understand this, and it'd be perfectly fine if you were trash talking. Heck, if you're gonna pay the $ for the ticket you might as well sit there and watch the entire game instead of 3 quarters, you might end up missing a pretty damn exciting game other wise. I was pretty upset with the amount of people filing out before the final whistle. I remember the first two years we played you guys, the scores weren't pretty, but I didn't see any mass exiting, and people were still rioting over first downs when the game was firmly put to rest. I'm pretty down on the folks just up and giving up on them last night.
good game to harlan county but this game just showed what bell county has been hiding all year once the defensive line gets tired the game is over small linebackers and weak secondary this could be a sign of things to come not to mention three interceptions hard to win like that i don't think we have had a quarterback do that since the new school
I do my trash talking BEFORE the game BellCoFaithful!

I just never thought of Bell fans as being fair weathered. I remember last year sitting there and yelling until my throat hurt, trying to encourage my Black Bears, even when Polly broke loose for the final TD. I believe 95% of the fans were sitting right there beside of me, too.

The fans who abandoned the BC team last night would be served right, had the team come back for the win...and they damn well nearly did. Had it not been Harlan County, I would have wished for that!

Best of luck to you going forward; like I said I'm old enough to say that and mean it!!
well said granny and for us the fans that stay got an eciting finis to a hard fought game from both teams much respect for HC and Coach Larkey!!!!
Youo are right faithful moved down to end of bleachers to finish watching and to give our boys a hand as they came of field and could over hear some of our fans bad mouthing how we were still running the ball well guess what that is bell football win or loose if u dont like it dont come watch it i am for one Proud to be a BOBCAT AND VERY PROUD OF THESE YOUNG MEN!!!!
I think the difference in HC's game has been the emergence of a running game. The 5 running backs of Jake Middleton, Treyvon Long, Carson Whitehead, Cole Wilson and Tucker Lewis is tough for teams to handle. Earlier in the season, Middleton was carrying the major load, but now the team is very balanced. Whitehead is a load. Line is continuing to open holes. Scotty Bailey has also done a great job leading the team. Excited for this playoff run. Losing to Knox was a blessing.
Great game HC it's a new era at HC. Keep this up all the way to stare finals.
^
I was champion of the stare finals in Kuzac, Russia in 94

Never blinked once.
E's Army Wrote:Knox is undefeated in the mountains this year. They are king this year. I could see any of the three putting on the crown next year. Three good programs. Wayne Mills is a good coach and man. I am not worried with him at the helm of Bell County. Belfry is also very good. We often don't consider them because they are a little further north. But, they are as mountain as you can get.
I dont see KC being the king of the mountains, you have the luxury of surviving HC earlier this year when they were struggling a little and not really even using Carson Whitehead as a running threat, but the King of the Mountains will not be determined until the end of the year IMO. Also IMO I dont believe KC could beat Bell or HC right now, especially not the Black Bears who seem to have found their stride these last few games. Hats off to Bell for battling back late, but HC was clearly the better team this night and if not for a litte too much early celebrating and loss of focus this would have been at least a 2 score difference.
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next