Poll: Who wins ?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Boyle County
95.12%
Danville
4.88%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Danville @ Boyle co. 8/31
cctiger Wrote:No Danvilles defense didn't give up that touchdown Lincoln stripped the ball and went for a touchdown. I'm basing it off the fact that Danvilles defensive line is really good and has 2 d1 players on it. Now if both teams have to pass the ball it could up being 80-79 because both secondaries are terrible. I really don't see this being a blow out. If Danvilles offense can carry the momentum over from Sat to this Friday and not turn the ball over they could vary well pull it off. Boyle no longer has the D1 players they have had in the past and the talent pool has dramatically dropped off.

You're right that we don't have Lamar Dawson or Zack Hester anymore. But I disagree with you about the talent. Boyle has plenty of talent on both sides of the ball, and special teams. You'll see if you come Friday night.

And talent is, in my opinion, slightly overrated in high school. To consistently win like Boyle does, you have to have good coaches who teach good technique and how to execute. That's what Boyle County does. Then when you add talented athletes to the mix, which they have plenty of this year, you have a title contending team.
Jack Lambert Wrote:I had always heard Bear Bryant had offered Donnie Coffman a scholarship to play for Alabama.

Bear Bryant called Coffman's home/grocery store and asked Donnie's father if he would like to come down to Alabama for a college visit? His reply was "he's not going anywhere! Donnie works here in the grocery store!

I wonder what Coach Bear Bryant was thinking after that conversation? :lmao:
Rebel55 Wrote:Bear Bryant called Coffman's home/grocery store and asked Donnie's father if he would like to come down to Alabama for a college visit? His reply was "he's not going anywhere! Donnie works here in the grocery store!

He then placed a call to Forrest Gump I believe. :lmao:
MSU Eagle Wrote:You're right that we don't have Lamar Dawson or Zack Hester anymore. But I disagree with you about the talent. Boyle has plenty of talent on both sides of the ball, and special teams. You'll see if you come Friday night.

And talent is, in my opinion, slightly overrated in high school. To consistently win like Boyle does, you have to have good coaches who teach good technique and how to execute. That's what Boyle County does. Then when you add talented athletes to the mix, which they have plenty of this year, you have a title contending team.

Have been trying to tell people this for decades, but they rather think it is illegal players and recruiting.
Rebel55 Wrote:Bear Bryant called Coffman's home/grocery store and asked Donnie's father if he would like to come down to Alabama for a college visit? His reply was "he's not going anywhere! Donnie works here in the grocery store!

I was told the exact same story years ago.
sstack Wrote:Have been trying to tell people this for decades, but they rather think it is illegal players and recruiting.

It's funny that when Mueller did that article with the Courier J. he said that boyle was out highlandsing Highlands. For several years when people ask me why highlands is so good I tell them that they play Boyle county football with just a little better grade of athlete. Two very well coached football teams who expect to win every game they play. Won't mean they will but they expect to. Two teams that work very, very hard in the off season. I don't know any of highlands assistant coaches but can imagine they are some of the best around. I love coach French and think he is an outstanding coach but the key to programs like these may be the assistant coaches.

"Championships are won when the stands are empty"
Boyle Co 41 Danville 28
Collins couldn't even score 28 on Boyle last week, so I don't see Danville doing it
boyle is really good they played highlands as good as anybody. i am picking them.
Jack Lambert Wrote:Boyle's secondary is a whole lot better than you think.we had a freshman DB get burned 3 times friday night on long plays.that won't happen this friday Danville does not have the speed that Collins has at the skilled posistions and Collins has got one of the best QB'S Boyle will see all season.since our secondary's so bad i wonder how we had 3 interceptions friday night.:HitWall:

Actually two of the TD's were thrown on Sr's. Don't remember who it was on the third one. One just got burned and the other was where he was supposed to be and just lost the ball. With more snaps each of those will be corrected as they are both new starters so I like our chances as the season goes along.
Boyle 42
Danville 10. They have a very good kicker.
Boyle by 3 TD's
64black&gold Wrote:Actually two of the TD's were thrown on Sr's. Don't remember who it was on the third one. One just got burned and the other was where he was supposed to be and just lost the ball. With more snaps each of those will be corrected as they are both new starters so I like our chances as the season goes along.

Absolutely. That's why I said it was a very good test for Boyle County. Collins at the time was ranked #7 in 4A so they are certainly no slouch. Just learn from your mistakes and move on. :Thumbs:
Boyle by alot.My question is ,will Danville score?
Yes they will. They have too many weapons and too many athletes. Possibly KR or PR.
I loved listening to these games back in the day. I think Danville pulls this one out this year.
Boyle s wish bone will kill them and eat up the clock game over. Go rebels.
I predict Boyle by 3-4 TDs.

I hope to see Boyle work on its passing game a lot and not settle for running the wishbone.

They need to be thinking for later in the year and I've been very disapointed that they didn't learn from last year that they couldn't rely solely on the run and hope to win a championship.
know1 Wrote:I predict Boyle by 3-4 TDs.

I hope to see Boyle work on its passing game a lot and not settle for running the wishbone.

They need to be thinking for later in the year and I've been very disapointed that they didn't learn from last year that they couldn't rely solely on the run and hope to win a championship.

I agree on many points you make. I'm thinking 35-7 Boyle. Even if we can run at will, passing is what needs work. Think of Lex Cath and the playoffs. Passing will better our odds of winning and to be better you have to practice, practice, and practice it, in game mode.
Boyle Co.
Rebel55 Wrote:I agree on many points you make. I'm thinking 35-7 Boyle. Even if we can run at will, passing is what needs work. Think of Lex Cath and the playoffs. Passing will better our odds of winning and to be better you have to practice, practice, and practice it, in game mode.

No doubt about it. There has been several dropped passes in the last few games for the Rebels. If the quarterback is able to get you the ball you have to be prepared. Even if they are passing once every eight plays. Got to be ready guys!
know1 Wrote:I predict Boyle by 3-4 TDs.

I believe the run game is a little bit more effective this year. With the experience on the line and the relentless running of Seph Burke, Aidan Hoskins and Lloyd Hall. With that said, you are100% correct. There has to be some sort of balance.
Boyle county 49 Danville 10.
Boyle County should dominate. If they do not, they have to ask themselves a few questions.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
What a great rivalry, and atmosphere!! The whole town will be painted up. This is the football capital of the state. They don"t call it title town for nothing! Ive been to several of these games in the past 10 yrs., and they never dissappoint! This year, however I think the rebels win big!!!! I'm going to guess 42-14 Boyle. Great place to watch a game. I wish Harlan county could schedule one of these great traditional programs.
:yikes:BOYLE will thump them
I predict Boyle by 14.
Daddycat27 Wrote:What a great rivalry, and atmosphere!! The whole town will be painted up. This is the football capital of the state. They don"t call it title town for nothing! Ive been to several of these games in the past 10 yrs., and they never dissappoint! This year, however I think the rebels win big!!!! I'm going to guess 42-14 Boyle. Great place to watch a game. I wish Harlan county could schedule one of these great traditional programs.

I have a few friends who live in Harlan County. I would love to see a future matchup.
Did the Danville students really paint the Rebel bell blue?
Yes....Pic to follow.