•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buckhorn 46 - Perry County Central 42
Also, congrats to Trevor Combs, Kyle Huff and Jaysean Paige for their High School Career!
ANEWPAT Wrote:He is a good player, but tonight I think some good ole mountain boys showed him that a good team can beat a good player. Now he will be sitting in the stands watching someone else play at Rupp!

If he isn't already on a plane back to NY.
Commodore_Colonel Wrote:Congrats to Buckhorn on a big win tonight. They did, indeed, shock the world.
Buckhorn outplayed Perry. Gay's defense on Jaysean was outstanding. Jaysean couldn't breathe whenever he was in there. Dalton played like he did at Rupp last year: Terrible. IMO, he lost the game for us tonight. If Perry wants to be at the top of the region again next year, Dalton will have to get his nerves under control.

This game PROVES that the district needs to seed. When the two best teams in the region (Yes, BHorn and Perry, the way they was playing going into the game, were the best in the region) draw each other in the first round, it's an outrage. I mean no disrespect to any other team when I say this but, IMO, the region championship was tonight.

:hilarious: I love it. The region is far from over. A lot of games to be played. Don't get down just because Perry has been eliminated.
I'm here guys.
Long drive home and I stopped to get a bite to eat.
SOK let me know you guys were wondering where I was at Wink
Congradulations to Buckhorn. I am shocked but very glad they won, Matt Day and the team deserves this.
I have to type a paper for school and I was told to keep my "active" status with examiner I had to cover this one so I'm pretty tied up tonight but I'm sure you guys will keep my mind away from where it needs to be Smile
Commodore_Colonel Wrote:This game PROVES that the district needs to seed. When the two best teams in the region (Yes, BHorn and Perry, the way they was playing going into the game, were the best in the region) draw each other in the first round, it's an outrage. I mean no disrespect to any other team when I say this but, IMO, the region championship was tonight.

Hazard and Perry have voted to seed every year. Buckhorn and Leslie have not. I don't think it will change. If ever there was a year Buckhorn would have voted to seed, it would have been this year
First off...

Congrats to both teams for a hard fought game.
The officials reffed a great game and they did a great job of letting the players play a physical game but didn't let it get out of hand.
No trouble from the fan sections and this is what a rivalry game is about.
zaga_fan Wrote:I'm here guys.
Long drive home and I stopped to get a bite to eat.
SOK let me know you guys were wondering where I was at Wink

We missed ya Zaga
jetpilot Wrote:If he isn't already on a plane back to NY.

Well, Jamestown has a playoff game tomorrow night. Maybe they could put him on the roster.
Perry went 9/27 from the field and Buckhorn through a lot of junk defense at them with a Box-1 on Jaysean that kept him quiet in the second half.

Jaysean had 10 at the half and 10 for the game.
Braxton was 0/7 at the half and had 14 for the game.

That sums up what happened in this game.
Perry needed help from Braxton and Jaysean in this one but each of them only played one half of basketball on the offensive end.
Jaysean's was basically due to the "chaser" that was on him and Braxton simply missed some shots he usually makes in the first half.

My heart goes out to Jaysean Paige who has worked hard all season, bought into this system, and put up with all the scrutiny from all the haters.
It's a shame it ends like this for him and I know he wishes he could have done some more work in the second half to help his team but you have to hand it to Buckhorn and Coach Noble for their effort.
Only it WASN'T the region championship!!! SOOOO sorry for you ZAGA!!!!!! NOT!!!!!
As for me.
I will be cheering this Buckhorn team on the rest of the season.
You have to respect what they have done over on their side of the county with all of the homegrown kids and a team full of seniors.

I would urge everyone in Perry County to pull out their purple and support The Horn.
They didn't "Shock The World" IMO because we all knew they were capable of this.
Ballstar said the other day that it could all end tonight and we say so many times throughout the season that this region hinges on the draw in the 54th District.
Buckhorn has chosen to live-and-die by the draw over the years and it paid off for them this time.
Will they be able to get a trip to Rupp out of it?
Congrats goes to Buckhorn! No shocker, we all knew they were this good. Neither team had a good game, but I am glad for these Seniors at Buckhorn who have played together since they were little. Just shows if you get you g talent to stick together they can achieve some great things. I want to say to John Noble and Matt Day congrats, you two deserve the victory.

To PCC you guys had a great season. My heart goes out to those Seniors, I know how they feel, playing your last high school game is always tuff to handle.
Wasn't Buckhorn pre season favorite? Before Paige came to PCC?
bradc Wrote:when has pcc ever lost a game that didn't involve some sort of cheating or conspiracy according to their fans. I told everyone all week the buckhorn had a real shot at the win. and a real shot at the region now.

Looks like you opened your mouth too quick on that one.

I've not seen any excuses and there shouldn't be any.

Buckhorn and Perry went blow for blow all night and the big 3 at the end sealed the deal for Buckhorn.

BHS was the better team tonight.
We Bleed Blue Wrote:Only it WASN'T the region championship!!! SOOOO sorry for you ZAGA!!!!!! NOT!!!!!

don't be such a poor example to the people who live outside of your county. Zaga spoke with grace in the loss and you're being disgraceful in your win. Grow up.
Irish Wrote:don't be such a poor example to the people who live outside of your county. Zaga spoke with grace in the loss and you're being disgraceful in your win. Grow up.

I'm always graceful in defeat Smile

These boys have nothing to be ashamed of.

They lost to a GREAT team and it sucks that it's over but this is what makes High School basketball and College Basketball great.....

You always have to play your best. Everyone has a target on their back because everyone is in someone's way. These seniors want to make a few more memories and the only way to do that is to keep winning. There is no best of seven series to decide who is better. It's lose or go home and the Wildcats deserve this one.
Also....

I have to do it...
ah boys...
Wow!! Great game, congrats to the Horn and PCC on a Great season!! Go Dawgs
ahh boys.......lol Go Bobcats!!!
Irish Wrote:don't be such a poor example to the people who live outside of your county. Zaga spoke with grace in the loss and you're being disgraceful in your win. Grow up.

Not being a "poor example" at all!!!! ZF has touted all season and before, that PCC was the region winner, didn't even need to play tourney's, just saying "too bad", so you GROW UP!!!!
We Bleed Blue Wrote:Not being a "poor example" at all!!!! ZF has touted all season and before, that PCC was the region winner, didn't even need to play tourney's, just saying "too bad", so you GROW UP!!!!

Never said anything like the bolded...

but I have said and I will continue to say that Perry was the most talented team in the Region and they had the highest ceiling.

Braxton Beverly doesn't go 0/7 in the first half....
this could have been a blowout.

Jaysean doesn't go scoreless in the second half....
this could have been a blowout.

But the "could haves" do not matter.
The best team doesn't always win and if you don't execute come tournament time you might as well go to the house.
Buckhorn was simply better than Perry TONIGHT.

We don't get to watch them play 7 times and figure out who is better....
we get to see who is ahead of who when the clock hits zero.
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:This was a 1st rd game and is the end of the road for Perry Central.

WOW...Confusederiously:
Did you guys expect us Perry fans to get on here and make excuses and claim that we got screwed or something?

Buckhorn is stacked with seniors
they went to the finals of the WYMT and lost to Knott but avenged that loss later in the season
they won the 14th Region All-A

This team was a great team and no matter what kind of trash any of us talked on a message board; anyone with any sense knew that Perry was not going to simply run through Buckhorn tonight...
or through the region for that matter.

Watch on Saturday night....
Buckhorn may not even win the District.
This is the most competitive and talented District around here and no one should be ashamed to lose to any of these teams.
vundy33 Wrote:WOW...Confusederiously:

This district doesn't seed in the playoffs.
Perry and Buckhorn would have played in the finals in any other District but we draw to see who plays who.

It makes things "interesting"...
but whether you're playing a 1 seed or a 4 seed you have to come ready to play.
BHS was ready to go tonight
9th vs. 14th will not feature Holy cross and perry co. central. we should meet up for a scrimmage
toussaints Wrote:9th vs. 14th will not feature Holy cross and perry co. central. we should meet up for a scrimmage

L o L
Wow! Despite knowing that Buckhorn is a very good 14th region team, I just didn't see this happening. Buckhorn is a great defensive team, and it showed tonight. Congrats to the Horn, especially Matt Day. He deserves this, as do all his teammates.

Stat of the game...Perry attempted 14 more shots than the Horn, made 1 less than the Wildcats
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next