Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highlands vs. Trinity
birdman44 Wrote:I think that trinity wanted no part of Highlands. If Highlands lost to T this year by 21 pts (my prediction) no worries.

If T lost to lowly 3A sized public school. National ranking is gonesville.

Highlands beat Elder with the Birds best WR playing QB.
Towles drove the opening drive like he was playing the Scott Eagles, then got hurt blowing threw a linebacker for the first TD.

Highlands hung with T during the first half that scrimmage (like 7-0 or 14-0 at Half). NO starting WRs or RBs played for Highlands. the only 2 returning OLinemen also sat out of the scrimmage. nicked up players dont play in scrimmages since one or two years ago we lost our best rb for the whole reg season in a scrimmage (Josh Conner).

Almighty Trinity is just 11 high school kids wearing football pads. Highlands could pull it off but its not likely. Id like to see the game. All this Highlands will never beat them talk reminds me of the St. X game in 09'.:popcorn:
This is a ridiculous statement. If Trinity was afraid of losing to Highlands, then they would not have scheduled Indy Cathedral, which is also a much smaller school than Trinity.

Trinity would have blown out Highlands this season, just as it blew out teams every other good team that it faced.
birdman44 Wrote:oh yeah, why are there no Trinity fans on this site, shouldn't there be like 400 million alumni?
They're probably too cool for the regular internet. they use the double secret super internet.
Another posssibility B-44, is simply that the "T" Fans and Players are comfortable enough with themselves and their team , that they have no need to get on a web. site to promote themselves. The Press has done that for them. As has been said, someday the the Birds may fly higher than the rock that has been cast. You know the pig finds a nut ever once in awhile. I can understand , not being the best when you try so hard.
toussaints Wrote:Ok Highlands fans, and everyone else can answer this too. I'm not asking this to make a point or be a smarta$$, I'm really just wondering:

1. What weaknesses/ soft spots does Trinity have on offense and defense that Highlands could expose and take advantage of?

2. What would Highlands have to do to beat Trinity? What would Trinity have to do to beat Highlands? (and don't say score more points captain obvious)

Man, it's all good, I'm the smartass, not you. You make some interesting posts and I'm happy to answer your questions...

1. Weak, soft spots? NONE. And yes, I mean none. But one thing Highlands has is the ability to match that strength, especially in the passing game.

2. To beat Trinity, it would be take a great, great game from Highlands. I still can't believe people look at that scrimmage and think that because we lost in that scrimmage that we would lose to Trinity if we played. One thing we have on our edge is Dale Mueller coaching, and with him coaching I have no doubt that we will be in any game we are playing. Trinity has more talent, yes, and they would probably beat us 7 out of 10 times. I acknowledge that.

Now, unreleated to you, Toussaints:

I love how people think I'm crazy for saying my team will blow out people but will be the first to talk about how Trinity would supposedly beat us.

Guess it's just we're so good we're hated by all.
Did you ever get an explanation why HHS played Ryle twice in the same season? Did you notice Trinity played LexCath for a home and home after scrimmaging them for several years at the same time. Good ole Coach Mueller changed his mind after telling Coach Beatty that he would play home and home.:eyeroll:

Do you all really think Trinity was ducking little ole HHS? Ever? The Rocks beat the Bluebirds in 1969 20-7. Bluebirds held on 42-29 in Coach Beatty's first game at the helm in the Recreation Bowl at Montgomery County in 2000.Confusedhh:

This website is little known in Jefferson County. I could get a bunch of my Trinity buddies on here if you really want them.:Thumbs:
thsrocks Wrote:Did you ever get an explanation why HHS played Ryle twice in the same season? Did you notice Trinity played LexCath for a home and home after scrimmaging them for several years at the same time. Good ole Coach Mueller changed his mind after telling Coach Beatty that he would play home and home.:eyeroll:

Do you all really think Trinity was ducking little ole HHS? Ever? The Rocks beat the Bluebirds in 1969 20-7. Bluebirds held on 42-29 in Coach Beatty's first game at the helm in the Recreation Bowl at Montgomery County in 2000.Confusedhh:

This website is little known in Jefferson County. I could get a bunch of my Trinity buddies on here if you really want them.:Thumbs:

First off, yeah, how about that absolute ass beating in 2000? Just because it was Beatty's first game doesn't mean shit. When did Trinity NOT have boatloads of talent? Never. It's not like they were bad prior to Beatty.

And bring your buddies on. I (along with others on here) would strongly encourage it.
thsrocks Wrote:Do you all really think Trinity was ducking little ole HHS? Ever?

Why would Trinity duck any opponent in Kentucky? When you've got all of Greater Louisville (and Frankfort) to pull talent in. I don't know why Trinity would turn down any team in Kentucky.
Final Prediction...

Trinity 89
HHS 0
I do not think HHS would win by any more than 30....
Highlands has to beat BG first to even be mentioned on the same field as Trinity.
^Thats just moronic.
Fellows the Lex Cath game was alot closer than the score. It took two kick returns and a horrible call to beat them. I saw the game and they shut your passing game down. I dont care what you say I saw it. Catholic had A QB and 1 reciever. Not taking anything away from the players at Catholic but that was about all they had on the offensive side. To start comparing Highlands to Trinity is a very far stretch..lol. I think Bowling Green would be a stretch for Highlands. OK Left and right bring it on.
mr.charlie hustle Wrote:Another posssibility B-44, is simply that the "T" Fans and Players are comfortable enough with themselves and their team , that they have no need to get on a web. site to promote themselves. The Press has done that for them. As has been said, someday the the Birds may fly higher than the rock that has been cast. You know the pig finds a nut ever once in awhile. I can understand , not being the best when you try so hard.

The birds have been flyn past the rocks for years. Highlands put the pain on trinity in 2000 and other large conf. teams that beat T for years. These two or three classes at T are legendary but Highlands is not that far behind right now
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Final Prediction...

Trinity 89
HHS 0

I love it. So HHS is worse than Scott Co.?
can i bet you on that as the line? H gets 89? how about $1000?
screw it let everyone think H is terrible... lets play!

remember StX 2009? They beat the tar out of T. H should have beatn them by 20 pts!
MTNS RULE Wrote:Fellows the Lex Cath game was alot closer than the score. It took two kick returns and a horrible call to beat them. I saw the game and they shut your passing game down. I dont care what you say I saw it. Catholic had A QB and 1 reciever. Not taking anything away from the players at Catholic but that was about all they had on the offensive side. To start comparing Highlands to Trinity is a very far stretch..lol. I think Bowling Green would be a stretch for Highlands. OK Left and right bring it on.

didnt H beat the tar out of all the 5A teams for 4 straight years? we forget so soon! and everyone said H really lucked out that they were not in 4A. grass is always greener. but one thing is the same BIRDS WIN STATE EVERY YEAR
birdman44 Wrote:I love it. So HHS is worse than Scott Co.?
can i bet you on that as the line? H gets 89? how about $1000?
screw it let everyone think H is terrible... lets play!

remember StX 2009? They beat the tar out of T. H should have beatn them by 20 pts!

Correction......
Trinity 92
Highlands 0
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Correction......
Trinity 92
Highlands 0

You should have took the bet RIUTG, I hear there is a lot of money to be made betting on hypothetical situations. :HitWall:
birdman44 Wrote:The birds have been flyn past the rocks for years. Highlands put the pain on trinity in 2000 and other large conf. teams that beat T for years. These two or three classes at T are legendary but Highlands is not that far behind right now

:Shaking:

You do realize that the overall record between the two is 1-1, right?

That's hardly "Flying by" a team.

HHS has a strong record and makes a great debate for being the best program in the history of KY football. However it doesn't mean that Trinity is not in the same conversation.
Trinity 92
Highlands 0

I thought Trinity had enough class to not run the score up on somebody.
toussaints Wrote:I thought Trinity had enough class to not run the score up on somebody.

They'll make an exception for Wideleft and the rest of highlands.
Trinity 92
Highlands 0

Correction....your mom
Hatz Wrote::Shaking:

You do realize that the overall record between the two is 1-1, right?

That's hardly "Flying by" a team.

HHS has a strong record and makes a great debate for being the best program in the history of KY football. However it doesn't mean that Trinity is not in the same conversation.

Yeah, we know Trinity is the best team of all times.
Highlands beat Trinity like a rented mule in 2000. and T beat H like back in 1945 or something.
Highlands beat Cincy St X in 2009 and they thumped T that year.
Trinity has been the top dog the past two years but Highlands was the best team in Ky from 1996-2000 and 2007-2009. They've been a top 3 team everyyear.
The fun part is Highlands is the smallest 4A team and still dominates 99% of the state
birdman44 Wrote:Yeah, we know Trinity is the best team of all times.
Highlands beat Trinity like a rented mule in 2000. and T beat H like back in 1945 or something.
Highlands beat Cincy St X in 2009 and they thumped T that year.
Trinity has been the top dog the past two years but Highlands was the best team in Ky from 1996-2000 and 2007-2009. They've been a top 3 team everyyear.
The fun part is Highlands is the smallest 4A team and still dominates 99% of the state

Once again your ignorance exceeds your enthusiasm.

Trinity wasn't around or playing football in 1945. Hyperbole is a pet peeve of mine.

As to your "top dog claims" I would challenge a few of those years you listed with Boyle's teams in some of those seasons. (Notably 2000 and 2009)

You forgot that HHS has NOT been a top 3 team every year. My guess is your too young to remember most of the squads you mentioned, let alone play on them.
birdman44 Wrote:Correction....your mom

Really? lol. Is that all you got......

Trinity 97
Highlands 0
Hatz Wrote:Once again your ignorance exceeds your enthusiasm.

Trinity wasn't around or playing football in 1945. Hyperbole is a pet peeve of mine.

As to your "top dog claims" I would challenge a few of those years you listed with Boyle's teams in some of those seasons. (Notably 2000 and 2009)

You forgot that HHS has NOT been a top 3 team every year. My guess is your too young to remember most of the squads you mentioned, let alone play on them.

Boyle is not even worthy of discussion. They had a good team in 2003. Other than that year, they couldn't beat Highlands. It will be proven time and again. Hey, you guys still counting that forfeit as a win?

Don't remember Boyle's team from 2000, but it better have been truly exceptional to have been better than Highlands that year. The 2000 squad was one of the best Highlands teams I've seen (and I'm 54 years old).

Do remember Boyle in 2009, having watched them in person and on tape several times. A very good squad. In my opinion, not really close to Highlands that year however. Only better than Lone Oak by the slimmest of margins and while LO had a nice squad that year, they weren't one of the top 5 teams in the state that year, again in my opinion.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Really? lol. Is that all you got......

Trinity 97
Highlands 0

well all you got is you nose up T so far you chin is brown

Ok it wasnt 1945, my bad i think i said "or something " to indicate it was a long long time ago.

I have two rings from my starting days at HHS btw. my senior year we beat male who won 4A that year (1998). Trinity lost in the first or second round sooo....looks like flying by to me. Trinity was good in like late 70s for a while and sucked until Brohm came around in like 2003. I dont remember T existing while in high school in the 90s and making trips to state every year.

You should really check out the team record books one day. or should I say the Highlands century book.

in 1996, 1998, 2000, and 2009 birds were one of top ten teams in the country. eat it up HATZ

Boyle has been a top 3 team in kentucky probably like twice. They are horrible team this year and probably for a while to come.

Trinity 97
Highlands 0

Highlands 2000
Trinity 0

your mom 3
birdman 100

Trinity 97
Highlands 0

Highlands 2000
Trinity 0

your mom 3
birdman 100
charlie22 Wrote:Don't remember Boyle's team from 2000, but it better have been truly exceptional to have been better than Highlands that year. The 2000 squad was one of the best Highlands teams I've seen (and I'm 54 years old).

Do remember Boyle in 2009, having watched them in person and on tape several times. A very good squad. In my opinion, not really close to Highlands that year however. Only better than Lone Oak by the slimmest of margins and while LO had a nice squad that year, they weren't one of the top 5 teams in the state that year, again in my opinion.

Boyle 2000 roster:

*Travis Leffew, OL/DL, Louisville 4 year starter, NFL (Packers,Cowboys)
*Matt Quinn, RB/LB, Campbellsville (Other offers from bigger places but he was an academic and discipline problem. Still a great player)
*Jeff Duggins, QB/LB, Alfred State and Future Mr. Football (2001)
*Brodie Overstreet, OL/DL, Wake Forest (Injured while starting as Redshirt Frosh and career was lost)
*Matt Miller, WR, Eastern Kentucky University
*Michael Paul Webb, LB
*Jacob Tamme, WR/DB, Kentucky, NFL (Hurt in fourth game and never played the rest of the year. Imagine if he had.)
*Taylor Begley, K, Kentucky 3 year starter. Kicked 97 EP's for state record that season, and state record 17 FG's.

Finished season with 2nd most points ever scored (4 points behind '98 HHS record) in the state at that time.

As to 2009, I felt the Lone Oak game was not Boyle at it's best. I might add they were down significantly most of the game yet played well enough to still come back and win.

As to talent on their team that season, there were some outstanding players that are now heading off to make some colleges happy. One can't compare scores I now, but Boyle handled Johnson Central a lot easier than HHS did that year and they were far from a Top 5 team IMO as well.